Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) PROJECT.D III

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,440  ·  Replies: 7 
> So I just got back from living in Japan for a year, Visiting some Initial D locations...
FattyAtHeart
  Posted: Nov 4 2014, 12:40 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,132

Hey guys I don't post here often but I'd thought you might like some pictures from Japan I took... specifically Initial D pictures.

Before I left Japan I had to make SURE that I went to Gunma prefecture and visit Mt. Akina, which is actually called Mt. Haruna (oops, realized I can't post pics yet, maybe someone can embed for me?):

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 778 x 578. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Look familiar?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 782 x 580. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures from the touge, because I took a bus to get here and I don't even think it went along the same route as the racing course in the manga/anime

I did make sure to stop by the Toy Museum though, where the original tofu shop is replicated along with the car:

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 783 x 579. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Also, mount Akagi is visible from the top of Haruna but it would have been hard to get there without a car.

Another funny story is that several months before this trip I unintentionally went on Mt. Irohazaka; I went up the mountain because there's a famous lake I was trying to get to on the other side... and I noted that it looked exactly like Irohazaka but I seriously didn't know it was one in the same. Only after the trip did I get on google and feel like an idiot after realizing it was indeed the mountain pass. lol

Anyway, hoped you enjoyed

This post has been edited by Perry on Nov 4 2014, 06:30 PM
Perry
Posted: Nov 4 2014, 06:31 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Very jealous here. Man, I swear, before I die I must visit places shown in Initial D at least once. Great pictures man.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
FattyAtHeart
  Posted: Nov 4 2014, 07:01 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (Perry @ 29 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Very jealous here. Man, I swear, before I die I must visit places shown in Initial D at least once. Great pictures man.

Thanks man! Don't worry you'll get to Japan one day. The only reason I got lucky living there was because I was stationed there (military).

The good news too is that with the smallness of Japan and getting a Rail Pass, you'll be able to see everything in one trip if you really wanted to!
xzeldax3
Posted: Dec 18 2014, 02:44 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 30,742

Wow, these are great! I didn't know about the tofu shop!
Tomiya Takato
Posted: Dec 19 2014, 02:20 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,663

Found this, awesomeness.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wf1XRnbBXg )
Falbere
Posted: Dec 19 2014, 07:35 AM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

Oh the place with the original tofu shop store front that was demolished. T.T
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
q8trueno
Posted: Dec 25 2014, 05:58 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 43,713

Hi, about toy musuem how did you go there from shibukawa station i heard there is buses near from station and taxis also.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
FattyAtHeart
  Posted: Dec 30 2014, 12:26 PM

Shmuck

q8trueno,

Yes you'll take a bus from the station. I forget which number it is, but there's a tourist information booth inside the station and the guy will give you all the info you need (he spoke decent English).

I think the bus took around 15-20 minutes to get to the toy museum stop

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]