Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Boys Band - Crazy Night

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,908  ·  Replies: 85 
> My nissan GTR r35, I hope I wont turn into a Nakazato
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 09:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,063

to be honest, the reason why I got interested in fast cars is because of Initial D. I first saw it in 2001 . I watched the second stage first.

During that time my car was a Rav4 two door, not your typical drift machine. I tuned a 2007 wrx sti to 440hp until I blew it and became a head ache.

bought a Carrera 4s , drove it till 2012 until Gtr's started to pass me in the straits.

Like Nakazato, I upgraded to a gtr after experiencing defeat . hopefully I will not crash it like he did.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

it is stock except for the Takeda Exhaust and rims,. no plans in tuning it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 22 2015, 09:44 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

A good tip around these parts is a little thing us IDWers call 'bread and milk'. It's a fun way to show off your stuff while simultaneously warding off any nay-sayers who might call you out on being the exotic enthusiast you claim to be. Just slap some common groceries (thus the 'bread and milk', though feel free to use whatever you have on hand...or use it as an excuse to go for a drive!!) and your username on that sucker and snap a photo.

I'd say 'welcome to IDW' in Tagalog but my ability is the same as my impulse control--nonexistent. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 10:10 PM

IDW Expert Member

user posted image

from a different angle.

geez. I never thought of being a show off. usually the ones affected are the wanna be's
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 22 2015, 10:12 PM

ShiMACHaze

It's just tradition in the Automotive section. It's been done for far less expensive/rare/exotic/etc vehicles.
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 10:14 PM

IDW Expert Member

user posted image

the cockpit view
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 22 2015, 10:18 PM

ShiMACHaze

user posted image

I'm sorry...I just can't help myself. laugh2.gif
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 10:25 PM

IDW Expert Member

its the computer read out of the mileage (203kms for a full tank that is around 120 miles)
Tessou
Posted: Nov 22 2015, 11:02 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

If you have a Panigale (R? S?), why even bother with a GTR?

Also, you do realize that the R35 is being phased out in favor of a much faster R36 soon, right?
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 11:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 minutes, 54 seconds ago)

Also, you do realize that the R35 is being phased out in favor of a much faster R36 soon, right?

It is a Ducati Superlegerra, I used to have the Panigale R and S though.

I am a motorcycle and a car guy . I can not just have one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHWAVRnWU4

It is a vid I made with my 848 years back with my Subaru sti.

after having kids, I have been driving more on the week ends than ridding motorcycles so the reason why I am now more car oriented is that it is a bit safer compared to motorcycles.

There seems to be a rumour about the r36 going to be released in 2018 but hey I've had the gtr since 2013 so using it for 5 years before the new one comes along is not bad. and when the r36 comes along I will get it too

This post has been edited by r35gtr on Nov 22 2015, 11:14 PM
Tessou
Posted: Nov 22 2015, 11:19 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 7 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
It is a Ducati Superlegerra, I used to have the Panigale R and S though.

Superleggera is just a lightweight 1199 Panigale. I'd like to know how much you spent on that bike, considering only 500 were ever made and I've seen very few that are actually used on the street. Those mirrors are a rare sight, because that bike is meant for the track.
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 11:27 PM

IDW Expert Member

pricing here in the Philippines is different compared to the states.

I bought it here for 4,000,000.php and with a conversion of 44php-1$ at that time , it costs 90,900.00us$ compared to the us price of 65,000us$.

it is production number 404/500. I will post the pic of the triple clamp and picture it with bread and infant milk as Nomake Wan pointed out to me

Gtr is also priced differently, I know it sells for 115,000$ in the states but I bought mine for 168,181us$.

it sucks paying third world tax.
Tessou
Posted: Nov 22 2015, 11:31 PM

Group Icon

What on earth do you do for a living?
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 22 2015, 11:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

Jack of all trades...

Raising pigs
Foreign exchange
travel agent
Land developer
Fixing problems of people

all sorts of things
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 24 2015, 07:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

no milk because I am lactose intolerant. bought my favorite bread instead

user posted image

user posted image

Ducati production number with the game that is a sugar crash version of destiny

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by r35gtr on Nov 24 2015, 07:20 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 24 2015, 07:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

...What about the Twinkie?

Good stuff, man. laugh2.gif
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 24 2015, 07:29 PM

IDW Expert Member

every time I go stateside, i buy a boat load of twinkies and Hoho's, whooper too. For one reason or the other I do not gain weight on the stuff.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Nov 24 2015, 08:12 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

Nice collection of toys!

Sounds like you worked hard for them too, good job thumbsup.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
xiao
Posted: Nov 24 2015, 08:47 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Woot~ Welcome to initial D World mate; now I'm not the only kanemochi-pettan here!! My uncle owns his own travel company. Mainly does flights to and from Mex/US... mofo's rich as fuuuuuuuu~ Congrats on having kids man. Girls are great, boys are hell, lol. If I have some, I'd definitely want 2 girls. xD

QUOTE (r35gtr)
Subaru STi

dribble.gif
Sell that Nissan > Ship that Impreza to Star Road Tokyo > Tell them you're the Pinoy Bill Gates > Profit!!

QUOTE (r35gtr)
Ducati

If I had the cash brotha... I'd be all on that i,Robot MV Agusta like Tom Cruise on sake~

QUOTE (r35gtr)
Twinkie

Like Nomake said...
You... do realize the hilarity of said pastry given you live in the Philippines and most of the people on IDW are in America, right? laugh.gif

I'm gonna post a can of beans when they ship the Soobie~ awesome.gif

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Nov 25 2015, 01:00 AM
r35gtr
  Posted: Nov 25 2015, 02:27 AM

IDW Expert Member

actualy the subbie is already toasted, I tuned it aggressively until I started to have problems with Cyl 4 a cosworth longblock was installed. I reverted it back to stock and sold it.

Motorcycles are fun and all but now that I have kids . I chose to just drive around on my back favorite mountain road. sort of like my cave time.

About the twinkies, if I were going to be electrocuted tomorrow. I would like to have a box of twinkies, a box of whoopers and a box of strawberry whoopers with orange soda. You guys from the stateside do not value what you have in your convenience store, you got the best junk food in the WWWWOOOOORRRRLLLLDDDD!!

Back to topic:

with this Nissan , I am finished with my plan which is a bolt on exhaust and some ADV.1 Rims.

I will not tune it any more, the tuner in my area will act like your best friend but when something goes wrong, he will avoid you like you are a zombie.

I will post more pics tommorow
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 25 2015, 03:24 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 56 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
actualy the subbie is already toasted, I tuned it aggressively until I started to have problems with Cyl 4 a cosworth longblock was installed. I reverted it back to stock and sold it.

Xiao's talking about the BRZ he has on order.
RalliKai
Posted: Nov 25 2015, 05:50 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Hostess' on an R35. awesome.gif You have some very nice toys. Welcome to the forum. cool.gif
xiao
Posted: Nov 25 2015, 09:57 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

hahaha, yeah N1's correct. My bad I should've specified... yeps, I ordered a BRZ a couple of weeks ago and it's shipping in January. I'm a total frijoler~ (as opposed to mayoler?) except for some reason my complexion came out white, lelelel. Guess it helps my great grandpa was from Barcelona. xD

Sorry to hear about that sexy blue WRX man; something about a black CF hood on a rally blue McRae body makes my mouth water like Tak thinking about... what does Takumi even have on his brain besides clouds?? Anyway Tak probably drools in his sleep~ derp.gif

lol, cave time!? Duuuude, I haven't heard the phrase man-cave since MTV Cribs. Now if you have a nice little garage full of Snap-On's like scarface from Wangan Midnight... oh my gosh... now THAT'S A CAVE!! laugh.gif

American combinis are indeed hella gewd mang, but not the greatest in the world. Oh my golly gosh... what I wouldn't give to have a Lawson's chock full of onigiri and UCC canned coffee and Evangelion merch here in the US. Oh gawd,,, I've heard Japanese combinis sell Uranium-235 isotopes~ ohmy.gif

Also... can your R35 dash do this? dribble.gif
Spaz
Posted: Nov 25 2015, 11:38 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 9 hours, 10 minutes ago)
About the twinkies, if I were going to be electrocuted tomorrow. I would like to have a box of twinkies, a box of whoopers and a box of strawberry whoopers with orange soda. You guys from the stateside do not value what you have in your convenience store, you got the best junk food in the WWWWOOOOORRRRLLLLDDDD!!

I will not tune it any more, the tuner in my area will act like your best friend but when something goes wrong, he will avoid you like you are a zombie.

We fatties gotta fat! Haha, everyone always likes everyone else's food for whatever reason. We all have good food!

That sounds like a lot of tuners though, where everything's good until you actually need them to stand behind their work. Most aftermarket shops in general are the same way. Granted it's tough to know from their side if the parts in the car are quality and will stand up to how the car is tuned, etc. Sure, it's their job, but sometimes things fail or partially fail and can mess up a bunch of other stuff in the process. As an example, if a boost controller stops opening all the way, but the owner doesn't have a boost controller and doesn't pay enough attention to hear the difference in say 5psi worth of intake noise, that motor is going to blow up, and that's not the tuner's fault, but they'll get blamed for it. Everyone blames the tuner, always, without fail. Especially the guys who put the cheap parts in their cars.

So it's easy to see how they'll quickly become jaded to the blame.
sushiyummy32
Posted: Nov 25 2015, 12:11 PM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (Tessou @ Nov 23 2015, 08:02 PM)

the new look of the R36 doesnt have the skyline look anymore. Its like they saw what europeans were doing and completely ditched being japanese.
Tessou
Posted: Nov 25 2015, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

What "new look"? There is nothing official on what the R36 will look like.

Anything you've seen is just a concept from somebody outside of Nissan.

4 Pages  1 2 3 »