Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - It's only love

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,518  ·  Replies: 36 
> If the anime aired in the US...
Tessou
Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:38 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I don't see how that defeats my argument, aside from maybe killing some of their revenue. Honestly, ID probably doesn't give them much money anymore, if at all. There's no reason to put it behind a paywall when the last dubbed episodes were put on shelves seven years ago and then quickly swapped out for the S.A.V.E. version (read: low sales). If it wasn't bringing in customers then, what reason do they have now to attempt convincing them to part with cash to see it?

It's dead.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:44 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
I don't see how that defeats my argument, aside from maybe killing some of their revenue. Honestly, ID probably doesn't give them much money anymore, if at all. There's no reason to put it behind a paywall when the last dubbed episodes were put on shelves seven years ago and then quickly swapped out for the S.A.V.E. version (read: low sales). If it wasn't bringing in customers then, what reason do they have now to attempt convincing them to part with cash to see it?

It's dead.

It doesn't, but I wonder if in general Funimation's is making a decent return on their streaming services period when their competitor, which they now have a deal with, puts a huge chunk of stuff behind a paywall, ranging from stuff as old as from 2009 to classics like Fist of the North Star.
Tessou
Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:49 PM

Group Icon

Funimation makes plenty of money when they secure exclusivity on a big title. They don't share everything with Crunchyroll.

Look at the company. Do you think they're making the majority of their money on DVD sales?
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 9 2017, 11:52 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 3 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Funimation makes plenty of money when they secure exclusivity on a big title. They don't share everything with Crunchyroll.

Look at the company. Do you think they're making the majority of their money on DVD sales?

Hell no, they make their cash, as you said, on their big name titles.
eatsuki
Posted: Mar 14 2017, 08:41 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,650

Anyone has a VERY annoying problem with Funimation forcing you to change your password into a crazy secure password? And after I change the password, I can't even log in anymore? Even after re-sending the password request thing and changing password 4 times?

I gave up after 4 times. I have the $60 for a year sub (from a few months before the alliance with Crunchyroll, a site I never visit), I did watch Initial D and maybe 4 other animes on Funimation, it was good but I subbed mostly to atone for years of piracy
BOZZ
Posted: Mar 14 2017, 10:33 PM

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
Anyone has a VERY annoying problem with Funimation forcing you to change your password into a crazy secure password? And after I change the password, I can't even log in anymore? Even after re-sending the password request thing and changing password 4 times?

I gave up after 4 times. I have the $60 for a year sub (from a few months before the alliance with Crunchyroll, a site I never visit), I did watch Initial D and maybe 4 other animes on Funimation, it was good but I subbed mostly to atone for years of piracy

I think there are some limitations on passwords for Funinstion, for example there being a aximum length of your password or the password consisting of only letters and numbers (no symbols). I remember the last time I forgot my password and entered a new one it wouldn't accept the one I came up with, so try making a password only with numbers and letters.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
  Posted: Mar 15 2017, 01:37 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 4 hours, 47 minutes ago)
Funimation. It was good but I subbed mostly to atone for years of piracy.

・ Eternal sugar-daddy Texan Gen Fukunaga. I offer you the wheel & tofu of your dearly beloved license, our drift king Takumi Fujiwara™

・ In absurdity for your stinginess, of not putting out Fifth & Final Stage on DVD years ago:

~ For the sake of His awesomesauce dorifuto.

→ Have apex on us and on the whole touge ()

~ For the sake of His awesomesauce dorifuto.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
eatsuki
Posted: Mar 15 2017, 06:45 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday, 10:33 PM)
I think there are some limitations on passwords for Funinstion, for example there being a aximum length of your password or the password consisting of only letters and numbers (no symbols). I remember the last time I forgot my password and entered a new one it wouldn't accept the one I came up with, so try making a password only with numbers and letters.

I tried a 5th time
my password changed to
1Fuckyou(

They insist on at least 1 upper case, lower case, number, special character
During creation it says my password matches, then when I try to log in

"Login attempt failed. Please try again."

Even my old password was safe, I never got virus

I give up. What the hell is Funimation thinking? Do people get hacked that often that they try to hold their customers by the hand and end up making things worst?

To xiao with the soul of a poet (Xiao means small or something else? Can't tell from lowly PINYIN laugh2.gif )

I first read your poem with the drowsy mind of someone who's fed up at work, and it made me hungry. Tofu + Doritos? I had that yesterday laugh2.gif no awesomesauce though sad.gif

This post has been edited by eatsuki on Mar 15 2017, 06:47 PM
xiao
Posted: Mar 16 2017, 11:38 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Yesterday, 8:45 PM)
To xiao with the soul of a poet (Xiao means small or something else? Can't tell from lowly PINYIN laugh.gif )

I first read your poem with the drowsy mind of someone who's fed up at work, and it made me hungry. Tofu + Doritos? I had that yesterday laugh.gif no awesomesauce though  sad.gif

Could be the password contained an expletive word ... idk but with Funimation's site ~ maybe they need a fam-safe friendly pass-word? blink.gif

--- --- ---

xiao comes from the old animations on NewGrounds by a guy that made stick figure fighting Matrix-like flash shorts haha laugh.gif

But my Chinese is super weaksauce tho ... crying2.gif I'm trying to study conversational Chinese & Korean ~ then I'll probably attempt tackling written Chinese & Korean. My Japanese is lkike negative -25% just enough to piss-off every single Japanese twitter user on the planet including Gackto-sama user posted image ()

But I'd imagine it'd be written as → 小小 ~ lol happy.gif

--- --- ---

That was no poem at all ~ rather a blasphemous prayer to Gen Fukunaga 神様 CEO of Funimation ... cuz every other form of verbal tactic to get all of Initial D on Funi DVD has failed thus far laugh.gif

Chaplet of the Divine Genjitsu Fukunaga Sama ga Miteru starts at min [3:07] user posted image ~

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
eatsuki
Posted: Mar 17 2017, 08:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 11:38 AM)
But my Chinese is super weaksauce tho ... crying2.gif I'm trying to study conversational Chinese & Korean ~ then I'll probably attempt tackling written Chinese & Korean. My Japanese is lkike negative -25% just enough to piss-off every single Japanese twitter user on the planet including Gackto-sama https://idforums.net/style_images/1/icon4.gif ()

But I'd imagine it'd be written as → 小小 ~ lol happy.gif

Well, you fooled me. I thought you were adept at Japanese. You're a top level fraud biggrin.gif And if you pissed off Gackt himself, then you MUST be a big shot laugh2.gif

Korean has such a practical and logical writing system. Seems easier to learn than Chinese, as least writing wise.
fujito10
  Posted: May 23 2017, 05:28 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 47,812

I never go to Funimation's website, thankfully. Kissanime is the place for me (except for the new titles, as those are subject to censorship and bad animation).

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: May 24 2017, 09:22 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (fujito10 @ May 23 2017, 09:28 AM)
I never go to Funimation's website, thankfully. Kissanime is the place for me (except for the new titles, as those are subject to censorship and bad animation).

"I don't support the company that licenses the series when I want to watch it, further convincing them that deciding not to license the fifth and sixth seasons was a financially solid decision!"

2 Pages  1 2