Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Black Power - Get Ready For Loving

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 10,059  ·  Replies: 11 
> (WTB) Keiichi Tsuchiya Green Racing Gloves
TakumiFuji01
  Posted: Feb 13 2017, 07:13 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,756

As the title implies, does anyone have a green pair of Keiichi Tsuchiya's racing gloves (K1 Planning or Kei-Office). Would prefer in near-new condition but I won't mind if used.

You may comment and/or PM me if you're willing to let go of your pair.
Spaz
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 04:15 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

I'm not sure if anyone here does; if so, they haven't often mentioned it. I haven't done any digging, but are they something that was produced for sale or are they your typical fare with sponsored drivers, where they are all one-off gloves and the only market availability are used ones?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
TakumiFuji01
  Posted: Feb 17 2017, 06:22 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Today, 4:15 AM)
I'm not sure if anyone here does; if so, they haven't often mentioned it. I haven't done any digging, but are they something that was produced for sale or are they your typical fare with sponsored drivers, where they are all one-off gloves and the only market availability are used ones?

They were produced for sale I believe from 1995 until 2013 (Kei-Office died in 2005, KT made DG5 and produced the gloves under his personal company, K1 Planning). Many drifters (D1 and very few privateers at least) used them. And yeah, they come pre-owned 98% of the time nowadays unless you're lucky sad.gif. My friend of mine in the UK had a orange pair in new condition that he got off YAJ 2-3 months ago.

This post has been edited by TakumiFuji01 on Feb 17 2017, 06:23 PM
xiao
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 08:01 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (TakumiFuji01 @ 1 hour, 37 minutes ago)
My friend of mine in the UK had a orange pair in new condition that he got off YAJ 2-3 months ago.

Funny you mention Yahoo! Auctions cause an extensive search yields zero to no results ohmy.gif ~

They must be extremely coveted by collectors now that they're out of production ...

I guess if you're around the Tokyo Bay area they shouldn't be too hard to find ~ even new. We need a man on the J-street for that tho' sweatingbullets.gif

Just for clarification, these are the gloves right ohmy.gif?

user posted image
TakumiFuji01
  Posted: Feb 17 2017, 08:07 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 6 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
Funny you mention Yahoo! Auctions cause an extensive search yields zero to no results ohmy.gif ~

They must be extremely coveted by collectors now that they're out of production ...

I guess if you're around the Tokyo Bay area they shouldn't be too hard to find ~ even new. We need a man on the J-street for that tho' sweatingbullets.gif

Just for clarification, these are the gloves right ohmy.gif?

http://imgur.com/r41zQUG.jpg

Yessir!! biggrin.gif
xiao
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 08:18 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (TakumiFuji01 @ 5 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Yessir!! biggrin.gif

lol they're not mine tho' XD ... I found them on a Japanese racing blog ~

But we really need to get a man on the street around Tokyo ~ cause it shouldn't be that hard ...

Vintage car stuff just tends to never surface in the online world like when trying to build a replica 86 or an FD ~

Alex (Takumi Trueno) or J'Kaiba can probably help you out better given he's in Japan at the moment & J' goes quite often ~ send 'em a message! happy.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 08:47 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (xiao @ 46 minutes, 37 seconds ago)

I'm your man. If you can pinpoint me exactly where to buy them, I can get them next month.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 17 2017, 10:42 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Pretty sure you're screwed. I tried the usual places and couldn't find anything. It looks like your last real chance to nab a pair was 2005 or so, and nowadays you're gonna need a miracle if you want to find someone selling one. Best of luck to you.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Feb 18 2017, 06:51 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 9 hours, 51 minutes ago)
I'm your man. If you can pinpoint me exactly where to buy them, I can get them next month.

I was kind of hoping y'all would know!! grin2.gif ... Actually more like little no-name mom & pop shops around Kawasaki down to Yokohama ~

I've never physically been to Japan so J' & Alex are probably a better source of info ~ laugh.gif

But according Brian a bud of mine living in Amagasaki, Osaka ~ if you go to the Tokyo Bay area a must stop place to look at driving gear or just general good time car-weeb drooling are the following →

1. Super Autobacs
2. UpGarage
3. Hirano Tire
4. Do Luck Yokohama clover.gif

5. Shinoda Garage
6. Star Road Tokyo

I've no actual clue where they physically are? XD The 1st four are great for parts clothing & goods. The latter two are tuning shops so ~ just for window shopping & taking cool selfies inside vintage Lambos haha! laugh.gif

J' ~ where u at help ya nuggaz out!! user posted image
TakumiFuji01
  Posted: Feb 18 2017, 02:10 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 8:18 PM)
lol they're not mine tho' XD ... I found them on a Japanese racing blog ~

But we really need to get a man on the street around Tokyo ~ cause it shouldn't be that hard ...

Vintage car stuff just tends to never surface in the online world like when trying to build a replica 86 or an FD ~

Alex (Takumi Trueno) or J'Kaiba can probably help you out better given he's in Japan at the moment & J' goes quite often ~ send 'em a message! happy.gif

Haha I'm aware of that since I had that image save awhile back tongue.gif

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 10:42 PM)
Pretty sure you're screwed. I tried the usual places and couldn't find anything. It looks like your last real chance to nab a pair was 2005 or so, and nowadays you're gonna need a miracle if you want to find someone selling one. Best of luck to you.

Unfortunately sad.gif

This post has been edited by TakumiFuji01 on Feb 18 2017, 02:11 PM
Spaz
Posted: Feb 21 2017, 07:33 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

It almost might be easier to have a set made one-off. And then at least you've got a cool story behind them as well.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for anything limited production/one-off, I just love having stories to things. Having recently come into a pair of one-off racing gloves (Sabelt, red, Brembo branded), they can be a pretty cool conversation piece.
TakumiFuji01
  Posted: Mar 15 2017, 05:56 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Feb 21 2017, 07:33 PM)
It almost might be easier to have a set made one-off. And then at least you've got a cool story behind them as well.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a sucker for anything limited production/one-off, I just love having stories to things. Having recently come into a pair of one-off racing gloves (Sabelt, red, Brembo branded), they can be a pretty cool conversation piece.

Yeah..I guess so. I'll be honest, I actually own a orange and blue pairs of these Kei-Office gloves with first pair being black (I gave them away to a good friend in Portugal) but of course green is the more unique-looking set that everyone wants. I actually do use the (Orange ones atm, already wearing out) rather than being a collector.

On the side note, I got a pair of rare 1990s Advan Suede Shoes that KT, NOB, and Koguchi wore in their early days and getting the red Varsity Jacket that every Advan head wants even though I'm a Bridgestone guy tongue.gif). They're awesome to wear but the weather has been hectic in Canada lately.

This post has been edited by TakumiFuji01 on Mar 15 2017, 06:01 PM