Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Fastway - Revolution

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 46,662  ·  Replies: 164 
> My Dragons! (Evo IV Coupe build and WRX DD)
sideways
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 12:05 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

I must say this is looking to be quite interesting
Spaz
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 10:42 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

You will LOVE THE SHIT out of an 8k sprung softer-valved coilover, and those Swift springs are awesome.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jun 7 2014, 11:22 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,218

Fronts installed! Still on the borrowed rear AGX/H&R set from a fellow Mirager until we can start the floor swap; but it looks pretty slick!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

A spider and a fly were having a standoff on my rear bumper lol.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Car needs an alignment bad. The steering wheel is straight in the picture lol. I bet it'll be super sketchy to drive as is. Might see about getting a lifetime alignment at a local place so it's not just
wasting money doing now only a few weeks before the awd swap starts. Free alignments forever would be awesome too. Charging up the battery now so I'll take it around the block here in a bit!

This post has been edited by Alchem1st on Jun 7 2014, 11:22 AM
Spaz
Posted: Jun 7 2014, 12:48 PM

Group Icon

Lifetime alignments are where it's at, I've used mine 3 times so far on the IX, soon to be 4.
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jul 5 2014, 07:21 PM

IDW Senior Member

It's time. Progress will be VERY slow as I still don't have a garage to work in; but starting the floor conversion as of today.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jul 14 2014, 06:28 PM

IDW Senior Member

sideways
Posted: Jul 15 2014, 10:59 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Member No.: 1,355

Looks like its all about to get real. Ill be keeping an eye on this
Wufei
Posted: Jul 16 2014, 09:20 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,987

As a fellow Evo & DSM owner, love this! Definitely keep up the great work.
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jul 31 2014, 09:46 PM

IDW Senior Member

Thanks guys! I'm making a bit of progress with my 30min to an hour a day of working on it. Hopefully I'll be able to get several hours work in Saturday. Vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrM3_znzDQA

Spaz
Posted: Aug 1 2014, 08:47 AM

Group Icon

I expect a video of you flinstoning it around the garage on dolleys. awesome.gif
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 1 2014, 09:35 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 48 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
I expect a video of you flinstoning it around the garage on dolleys. awesome.gif

LOL that would be awesome! Garage is a bit too small for that though! laugh2.gif Some pics of the current progress. I think tomorrow I'll be able to get a few hours in on it instead of 30min to an hour a day
like I have been through the week. It'd be incredible if I could get it completely removed tomorrow; but that's pushing it lol.

user posted image

user posted image
Spaz
Posted: Aug 2 2014, 10:40 AM

Group Icon

Nice progress, keep it up, even if it is little-by-little. You'll get there. smile.gif
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 2 2014, 03:10 PM

IDW Senior Member

Welp, managed to get one side pretty much done today and got started on the other side. You can see there is some rust repair required; but it's pretty minor really. Just a single layer of sheetmetal near the edge
where the welds will be; so it'll be easy to fix. It's becoming more and more clear why I had water in the passenger side footwell LOL. There's a rust hole all the way through the body in the passenger side wheel well!
(You can see it in the last pic) I'll do some more work on the drivers side tomorrow afternoon probably.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 3 2014, 08:43 PM

IDW Senior Member

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0UhYkNlnGQ
Wufei
Posted: Aug 7 2014, 11:47 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,987

Awesome work! Just noticed you're in Indy. My folks are in Carmel lol.
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 7 2014, 07:50 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Wufei @ 8 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Awesome work! Just noticed you're in Indy. My folks are in Carmel lol.

Hey, nice! Hit me up if you come into town!
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 13 2014, 09:05 AM

IDW Senior Member

Floorpan is officially home!

user posted image
Posted: Aug 13 2014, 06:36 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

very cool build Alchem1st, an EVO is also a car id love to have myself. you're lucky to have the chance to have one.

one a similar note, is a Mirage based evo build possible on later generations ie 2000 + or the respective starter car?
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 13 2014, 06:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

Thanks! The 5G Mirage platform is the same base as the Evo 4-6.5 TME; so any of those are possible to build with this platform! I highly suggest buying one though as it will be a lot cheaper in the long run.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Aug 14 2014, 03:18 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

ty Alchem1st, the 6.5 TME is a nice car but my interest in evolutions is marginally more in the evo7. there's something in its bodystyle that get my attention a bit more than previous generations. its the front face/bumper and hood that catches my attention the most. though seeing that the Mirage stops somewhere after 2000, regular Lancers are the likely base cars to start with 7+gen EVOs. I like all evos up to the 9th generation. im not much for the large mouth on evo10, but its still nice regardless.

id love to get a 2nd gen RX-7, Sileighty or EVO7 not in the exact order of preference. like most people, I just don't have the time or money for such a project so it remains a pipe dream. imo you're very lucky to even have a JDM or built JDM based car. I can squarely blame Initial D for my interest in drifting RWD cars.

an SVX is also a nice car but its mechanical issues rules out even considering one for me. I've long since settled for a regular 2011 Ford Fiesta hatch.

if im correct evo1-9 are not allowed in Canada due to damage that can be incurred in low speed accidents.

This post has been edited by 207 on Aug 14 2014, 03:29 PM
Alchem1st
  Posted: Aug 22 2014, 09:18 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (207 @ Aug 14 2014, 03:18 PM)
ty Alchem1st, the 6.5 TME is a nice car but my interest in evolutions is marginally more in the evo7. there's something in its bodystyle that get my attention a bit more than previous generations. its the front face/bumper and hood that catches my attention the most. though seeing that the Mirage stops somewhere after 2000, regular Lancers are the likely base cars to start with 7+gen EVOs. I like all evos up to the 9th generation. im not much for the large mouth on evo10, but its still nice regardless.

id love to get a 2nd gen RX-7, Sileighty or EVO7 not in the exact order of preference. like most people, I just don't have the time or money for such a project so it remains a pipe dream. imo you're very lucky to even have a JDM or built JDM based car. I can squarely blame Initial D for my interest in drifting RWD cars.

an SVX is also a nice car but its mechanical issues rules out even considering one for me. I've long since settled for a regular 2011 Ford Fiesta hatch.

if im correct evo1-9 are not allowed in Canada due to damage that can be incurred in low speed accidents.

Yeah, Evo 7-9 are based on the Cedia platform. I'm pretty sure you guys can get early Evo's there already. If I'm not mistaken you can import any car that's older than 15 years.
Alchem1st
  Posted: Sep 27 2014, 06:29 PM

IDW Senior Member

Small update!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_GKOKPqzw

This post has been edited by Alchem1st on Sep 27 2014, 06:33 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 09:35 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

looking good as always with the updates @Alchem1st. Can't wait to see the underbody / wheel splash shields / wheel well completed.
Alchem1st
  Posted: Oct 1 2014, 09:58 PM

IDW Senior Member

Thanks! Same here lol. Should be able to do a test fit of the floor Saturday I think. Not sure when we'll be able to start the welding though. Hopefully somewhat soon.
APX
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 10:34 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I post on this section very rarely, but... I actually want to see the finished product. Parent had a red mirage, 99 or so, and I always thought of it as a evo. (Yeah, funny!) So I can't wait, keep it up. smile.gif

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »