Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Vicky Vale - Dancing

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  « 5 6 7  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 46,649  ·  Replies: 164 
> My Dragons! (Evo IV Coupe build and WRX DD)
Alchem1st
  Posted: Feb 29 2016, 05:15 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,218

Alright, time for an update! Lots of new stuff in and on the car since my last post!

Polished and installed the water temp sender block adapter!
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5312 x 2988. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5312 x 2988. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

VRSF Muse stock battery route intercooler plumbing kit and JMFab intake came in and are installed!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

Got some M8x1.25 fender washers for the rad stays and modified them to fit! Also used them to install the Driven fab oil catch can!
user posted image

user posted image

Here's the engine bay as it sits!
user posted image

Over the next few weeks I have to finish this list of stuff to get it all where I want it:

Shorten the upper rad hose so it doesn't rub the uicp
Get a hose to plumb the BPV into the intake
Reroute the lower rad hose so the intake isn't smashing it against the transmission
Get some silicone 45degree couplers for the intercooler
Fab up a mounting bracket for the intake and get a 4in MAF adapter

Once all that is done I just need to get an oil cooler, battery, bigger fuel injectors, and a tune and it's ready to be driven!
Still needs fenders and bodywork and such, but it'll at least be done enough that I can get it down to the dyno and Fathouse
Fabrications for tuning!
Alchem1st
  Posted: Mar 23 2016, 04:50 PM

IDW Senior Member

Alchem1st
  Posted: May 25 2016, 12:03 PM

IDW Senior Member

Got some paintwork done! Dad just finished painting the Evo deck lid and we got it installed last weekend!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ignore the paint bubbles on the rear bumper! We didn't get the prep quite right when we originally painted the bumper years ago.
It will be getting a respray along with the rear lip, side skirts, fenders, and front bumper. The wing is in the paint shop currently!
One thing I ran in to that I know others have had issues with in the past is the key tumbler not working. Most assumed the issue
was with the rod that goes from the tumbler to the latch. After some research with Mitsubishi ASA I figured out that the Evo 4-6
latch and the Mirage latches are the same part number. The difference is actually with the rod on the back of the tumbler. I haven't
decided whether or not I'll be making a custom piece or buying a used tumbler to tear apart. I'll post up when I cover that sometime
in the future! Stay tuned!
Spaz
Posted: May 25 2016, 07:24 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Moving right along!

How soon until it sees the ground on a more permanent basis?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jun 6 2016, 05:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

It's on the ground and done-ish now. Hopefully soon man! All that's left engine wise is a better intercooler, an oil cooler, the injectors whenever they get here, and an exhaust.

Got a lot more work done on the car this weekend! We made custom replacement gaskets for the wing and Dad painted
all the wing parts on Thursday. We got it all assembled and permanently mounted to the trunk yesterday!

Custom gaskets! (These can be replicated if someone were to want to buy them)
user posted image

user posted image

Finished product!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Next focus is respraying the rear bumper and getting the fenders done! Stay tuned!
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jul 17 2016, 01:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

Sensation!
Posted: Jul 17 2016, 01:50 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

I can see why they call you alchemist..
Absolutely top notch work!
Alchem1st
  Posted: Jul 18 2016, 02:17 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Yesterday, 1:50 PM)
I can see why they call you alchemist..
Absolutely top notch work!

Thanks! Much appreciated!
Alchem1st
  Posted: Oct 4 2016, 10:30 AM

IDW Senior Member

Alchem1st
  Posted: Jan 11 2017, 12:59 PM

IDW Senior Member

So I've made lots of progress over the last few weeks on the car. It's on speed density now and I've got an Evo 8 ECU in the car now as well as doing an Evo 8 fan controller conversion. It's been a big job with little visual progress, but here's all the video's I've shot since my last update. Lots of technical information. I've been slacking on posting on the forums! laugh.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp6LDYaYFZA&t=199s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEhatU8gllc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgBEy31yD5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1ADpqJAw4&t=208s
(Watch this one with the annotations turned on. I made a few mistakes that I've since corrected and I posted the fixes in the annotations)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72cbRZR7eaA
Alchem1st
  Posted: Feb 7 2017, 02:05 PM

IDW Senior Member

Time to update the build thread again! Lots of stuff has been accomplished since the last update! Just finished installing a set of GSC R2 billet camshafts,
ARP cam bolts, and AEM Tru-time cam gears!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

After I finished that up I dropped the exhaust and driveshaft and pulled the fuel tank for a fuel system build!

Started by cutting the tubes off of the Evo 5 fuel pump hangers:
user posted image

Then I grabbed a 5/16 to -6AN and a 1/4 to -6AN compression fitting and tightened them on to the tube ends. Here's the end result:
user posted image

The goal was to make it able to be removed and installed without dropping the tank and also I needed to convert to AN for the fuel pump setup
I'm putting together. Here's the video I shot explaining it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isIYXOl2bFw&t=4s

And here's a few pictures! (The hoses in the pictures are for the fuel return. The fittings for the feed are currently on the way!)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Lastly, my Dad finished the bodywork on one of the fenders today! I was in the shop and was able to grab some pictures! Should be getting primed tomorrow!
user posted image

user posted image

Exciting things are happening guys! It's gonna be more or less done this year Lord willing! All that's left is to finish the fuel system, get an oil cooler,
upgrade the intercooler, get some tires, get the car tuned, and finish the bodywork! That will call the base build finished! From there things will slow
down a bit; but also the work that happens will be much crazier. I have some cool ideas for this car and I can't wait to start tinkering with the setup!
Stay tuned!
Spaz
Posted: Feb 8 2017, 07:41 PM

Group Icon

Sooooo close, I love it!
Alchem1st
  Posted: Mar 22 2017, 02:05 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ Feb 8 2017, 07:41 PM)
Sooooo close, I love it!

Even closer now! Only two weeks till tuning! The last of the parts are rolling in!

So I've made a ton of progress since the last post! The fenders are finished and painted as well as the side skirts! The fuel system is also finished and working great!

Fender test fit after body filler, sanding, and priming:
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Fuel system finished!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Old fuel feed converted to return with a nifty little adapter fitting!
user posted image

user posted image

New fuel feed line (-8) vs old fuel feed line (5/16)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Finished the first fender!
user posted image

user posted image

Time to start on the second one! Here it is in bare metal for a test fit: (Note the three different sections of fender! It takes three fenders to make one "coudan" fender)
user posted image

user posted image

New fuel rail came in from STM!
user posted image

user posted image

Also took some time to clean up the wiring harness here as it looked terrible
user posted image

Second fender done!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

New meats! 215/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R's!
user posted image

Also finished up the exhaust. Will probably add a muffler later; but it's not really loud.
user posted image

user posted image

Headlights came in! These will be a base for modding for the future. For now they're a decent inexpensive HID headlight with a
biprojector that handles both high and low beams. (The halos will be ditched later as I don't like the look of them)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And this just in today! Side skirts are finished!
user posted image

user posted image

Two screws and a whole lotta 3M body molding tape lol. I had them installed this way before and they were on the
car for 6 years with no issues and I nearly broke one trying to get them off before lol.
user posted image

They match the Evo 4 rear bumper and lip perfectly!
user posted image
Sensation!
Posted: Mar 22 2017, 04:02 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

The bodywork on those fenders are top notch.
3 pieces and the character line is still sharp and pops without any noticeable breaks on the surface. Seriously excellent stuff.
Spaz
Posted: Mar 23 2017, 04:32 PM

Group Icon

So in for Corbin results. Two weeks can't come soon enough.

7 Pages  « 5 6 7