Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing D. R. , Mega NRG Man - Night Fever

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,341  ·  Replies: 3 
> Aoshima Initial D models
Seri
  Posted: Apr 25 2014, 03:53 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Anyone have experience with these? I've seen them around, but not sure if I want one.

Ryosuke's FC, for example.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Avegaille
Posted: Apr 29 2014, 03:37 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,605

If this is your first time assembling model kits, you may have to burn some cash for modelling tools like plastic glue (forgot exact term, it's been months since I finished that AE86 kit from same manufacturer), paint and other things. Didn't turn out how I wanted it due to lack of experience and good tools plus I almost made that AE86 barely presentable.

But if you have some experience and just wondering if that brand of kit is good, the answer is yes. It's more detailed than the other one, Fujimi I think is the spelling...
EscapeArtist
Posted: May 2 2014, 09:33 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 40,880

I just built the Aoshima FC a few weeks ago. I've never successfully built a model kit before this, and only by sheer determination did I get through this one, but it ended up looking pretty good in the end. The glue I used sucked and now all the pieces are falling apart, so I've got a little fun ahead of me to reglue everything.

The only real concern about the kit I have is the two front ends included for the car. The piece the instructions recommend doesn't fit as well as the alternate piece, so I went with the alternate. I also didn't put a front plate on which left two holes in the front, but oh well- I didn't like how the generic "Project D" license plate looks.

So I'd say it's a decent beginner model. It's probably not going to wow any model enthusiasts (doors don't open, headlights are either permanently open or permanently closed), but if you don't do model kits often, this seems like a reasonable choice.
streetstyle
Posted: Jan 29 2015, 11:51 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 45,169

Had a few but never took them out the box of fear of my model skills facepalm.gif