Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Derreck Simons - Station to Station (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,271  ·  Replies: 1 
> Where are Fifth Stage DVDs sold in Tokyo?, (super gaijin man needs help)
emetic
    Posted: Apr 15 2013, 04:33 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,244

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search and found no results.
Anyway yeah so I happen to be in Tokyo this week and I thought it would be cool to buy one of the Fifth Stage discs (DVD, or BD if it's available..?) but I actually can't find them anywhere! The first thing to note is that my nihongo is extremely limited so I don't dare attempt to ask the people at the counter if the discs are stocked in store.... and the series on the shelves don't seem to be in any particular order so I haven't had much luck while I've been browsing Animate and various book stores in Shinjuku and Akiba.
One store (I don't know the name) had stage one and two, plus a full box collection ... but I couldn't find anything anywhere else! It's weird. I wasn't scouring the shelves for ID though, I must admit, but I was hoping it would catch my eye while I was looking at all the other mind bending stuff.

So.. yeh, does anyone know first-hand which stores sell fifth stage DVDs? Is there any sort of exclusive distribution deal or am I just unlucky when it comes to looking in the stores?

I'd only really grab one disc, in all likelihood, as dvds are weirdly expensive.
If anyone's seen any t-shirts or other merch around in Tokyo, let me know too... It seems to be a really low-key series over here! All the shops are all over One Piece, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (which is awesome) and all the new popular ones I don't really have much interest in.

Cheers :0
emetic
  Posted: Apr 17 2013, 06:01 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,244

Hmm.. no fans in Japan? That's understandable, but I was hopeful anyway. ^^;;

Heading back home tomorrow... so never mind.