Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Serenade for chaser

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,383  ·  Replies: 170 
> who still plays
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 10:59 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,523

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 14 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
Dang it, well I got my DFGT already cool.gif so it's all good. Do you know anyone else that plays IDES?

Yes I know some people that play not a whole lot but when they come on I will make a chat room so we can add each other and play
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:03 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 36,392

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 4 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Yes I know some people that play not a whole lot but when they come on I will make a chat room so we can add each other and play

That's good. But break is almost over, and I am going back to school sadly. But I'll play IDES whenever I can, maybe Friday nights and weekends. But we have different time zones, so I don't know.
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:05 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 1 minute, 52 seconds ago)
That's good. But break is almost over, and I am going back to school sadly. But I'll play IDES whenever I can, maybe Friday nights and weekends. But we have different time zones, so I don't know.

Well I am in college and I always have time or less if I am not playing Metal Gear online or Black ops or a random japanese game but I see myself spending alot of time on initinal d

This post has been edited by deathstrike on Dec 29 2010, 11:06 PM
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:09 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 4 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Well I am in college and I always have time or less if I am not playing Metal Gear online or Black ops or a random japanese game but I see myself spending alot of time on initinal d

Alright. Well how do you turn into corners faster? I created a topic about it. Here's part of the topic I posted.

1. Brake during the turn (shift down if necessary)
2. Brake before the turn (shift down if necessary) and then turn
3. Shift down and brake during the turn
4. Shift down, brake before the turn and then turn

Which one do you use? Or is there another way to turn into corners?
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:19 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 9 minutes, 35 seconds ago)
Alright. Well how do you turn into corners faster? I created a topic about it. Here's part of the topic I posted.

1. Brake during the turn (shift down if necessary)
2. Brake before the turn (shift down if necessary) and then turn
3. Shift down and brake during the turn
4. Shift down, brake before the turn and then turn

Which one do you use? Or is there another way to turn into corners?

There are many techniques me for example what I do is let go of the pedal to acclerate and then turn and just brake a little and quickly hitting the pedal to acclerate again which gives me a faster turn speed.

I use to brake and turn and it was good but not fast enough so I started to let go for a short sec and then hit brake and acclerate again quickly and it gave me a faster turn speed and it really is all about reaction time really if you naturally have a slow reaction that can't be helped unless you train yourself.

I master automatic I just have to master Manual now. I use all the above and add my technique in there you should have a faster turn speed for sure

This post has been edited by deathstrike on Dec 29 2010, 11:27 PM
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:27 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 8 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
There are many techniques me for example what I do is let go of the pedal to acclerate and then turn and just brake a little and quickly hitting the pedal to acclerate again which gives me a faster turn speed.

I use to brake and turn and it was good but not fast enough so I started to let go for a short sec and then hit brake and acclerate again quickly and it gave me a faster turn speed and it really is all about reaction time really if you naturally have a slow reaction that can't be helped unless you train yourself.

Thank you so much biggrin.gif With Happo Inbound I don't want to wall rape, but it seems like it makes me oversteer. Is it doing this because I am going too fast into the corner and I am not braking? I think it's called Wheel Lock/Super Understeer in the IDAS4 forums. Does everything in IDAS4 apply to IDES to? Because it's basically the same game, but with some new additions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovM9zQC8FM

Here's Tomo from this forum and he used a DC2 in the corners after the first one without hitting the wall. Is it because he is using a course car? This is all in my post on "Taking Corners."

Okay, thanks. You're the first person that I know that uses automatic in Initial D, except for my little brother tongue.gif It's good to know that someone uses automatic, rather than manual.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Dec 29 2010, 11:40 PM
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:40 PM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 12 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Thank you so much biggrin.gif With Happo I don't want to wall rape, but it seems like it makes me oversteer. Is it doing this because I am going too fast into the corner and I am not breaking. I think it's called Wheel Lock/Super Understeer in the IDAS4 forums. Does everything in IDAS4 apply to IDES to? Because it's basically the same game, but with some new additions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovM9zQC8FM

Here's Tomo from this forum and he used a DC2 in the corners after the first one without hitting the wall. Is it because he is using a course car? This is all in my post on "Taking Corners."

Okay, thanks. You're the first person that I know that uses automatic in Initial D, except for my little brother tongue.gif It's good to know that someone uses automatic, rather than manual.

Most likely it also could mean that he sightly break more then usual just a bit but I remember playing someone on Ironhazaki who would use a Cappuccino and that me racing him and he didn't hit the wall once due to the fact that it was a smaller car and the back wasn't as big. But smaller cars in Extreme stage are sightly better because you don't hit walls like crazy and it could also be because it was a course car which also plays a part but not by much.

This post has been edited by deathstrike on Dec 29 2010, 11:42 PM
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:42 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 1 minute, 42 seconds ago)
Most likely it also could mean that he sightly break more then usual just a bit but I remember playing someone on Ironhazaki who would use a Cappuccino and that me racing him and he didn't hit the wall once due to the fact that it was a smaller car and the back wasn't as big. But smaller cars in Extreme stage or sightly better because you don't hit walls like crazy and it could also be because it was a course car which also plays a part but not by much.

Okay thanks again smile.gif But do you use both your feet? Left foot on brake and right foot on gas?
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:46 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Yes I do but what I do is I rest my left foot on the ground and when I brake I react fast to hit it before a turn and at that time my foot is off the gas pedal and then when I am half way around the turn I hit the gas again.

When I drive i am loose you can't play stiff you know have to be turning that wheel back and fourth to prepare you for a turn as well. There alot that I have to studied about this game I am back and fourth with arcade and at home so yea.
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:50 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 3 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
Yes I do but what I do is I rest my left foot on the ground and when I brake I react fast to hit it before a turn and at that time my foot is off the gas pedal and then when I am half way around the turn I hit the gas again.

When I drive i am loose you can't play stiff you know have to be turning that wheel back and fourth to prepare you for a turn as well. There alot that I have to studied about this game I am back and fourth with arcade and at home so yea.

Ohh okay thanks! smile.gif I've been using my right foot only for gas and brake? Is that okay?
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:57 PM

IDW Jr. Member

I mean if your fast with it then yea but I would suggest to use your left for brake and right for gas pedal just me in my opinion it much faster and you will get used to it.
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 11:59 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 1 minute, 12 seconds ago)
I mean if your fast with it then yea but I would suggest to use your left for brake and right for gas pedal just me in my opinion it much faster and you will get used to it.

Okay thanks again! But when you're driving a real car you don't do that right? xD

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Dec 29 2010, 11:59 PM
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:03 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 4 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Okay thanks again! But when you're driving a real car you don't do that right? xD

Ofcourse not but you don't have to if you want use a cane for all I care as long as you know what you are doing.
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:06 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 3 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Ofcourse not but you don't have to if you want use a cane for all I care as long as you know what you are doing.

Hahaha xD okay. I hope IDES isn't dead yet... and I hope IDES2 or a home version of IDAS5 comes out for PS3.
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:10 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 3 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Hahaha xD okay. I hope IDES isn't dead yet... and I hope IDES2 or a home version of IDAS5 comes out for PS3.

No its alive because of me. I wanted to do torneys over here but never got the chance because in the arcade I go to it all about street fighter 4 crap and they always have tourneys for it and they go to cali to play the best I always wanted to do that with initinal d I am sure I will though I know we could take it to because over here we have alot of really good players I would say in New york I would be top 10 for sure.

Yea I hope they have Extreme stage 2 with like tag battles and such that would be nice and a new element in the game.

Then my dream would be to play someone in japan in intinal d and beat them lol they are actually good I heard from a friend that lives out there. I would like to see there style of play to see who style is better

This post has been edited by deathstrike on Dec 30 2010, 12:15 AM
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:14 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 4 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
No its alive because of me. I wanted to do torneys over here but never got the chance because in the arcade I go to it all about street fighter 4 crap and they always have tourneys for it and they go to cali to play the best I always wanted to do that with initinal d I am sure I will though I know we could take it to because over here we have alot of players I would say in New york I would be top 10 for sure.

Ohh... yeah, but the arcade stages aren't dead, but Extreme Stage I don't know. It seems like there isn't a lot of people posting on this forum other than me and you, and I have been waiting for more than a week now for someone to reply and yeah..

Yeah, don't they have tag battles in IDAS6 AA?

Haha yeah the Japanese are one of the best out there, since they invented the game happy.gif

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Dec 30 2010, 12:19 AM
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:19 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 4 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Ohh... yeah, but the arcade stages aren't dead, but Extreme Stage I don't know. It seems like there isn't a lot of people posting on this forum other than me and you, and I have been waiting for more than a week now for someone to reply and yeah..

Yeah, don't they have tag battles in IDAS6 AA?

Well I am getting people into to it so I am sure you will see more post I actually just got back into this site myself because I got Exteme stage back today. I just did that car unlock thing that was nice but other then that I use extreme stage to hone my skills for the arcade . I call extreme stage AKA THE LAB to do my best runs and so fourth see my mistakes and then use what I learn and found out in the arcade version with a messed up machine and all so mind you I am getting alot of practice in.

Yea they do but I just found out that they had STAGE 6 that how long I been out the scene didn't even know that till today when I saw it on youtube I was like wtf lol.

But yea cali has stage 5 and in new york we are still stuck in stage 4 that nice lol I hate cali alot now XD

This post has been edited by deathstrike on Dec 30 2010, 12:26 AM
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:25 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 6 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
Well I am getting people into to it so I am sure you will see more post I actually just got back into this site myself because I got Exteme stage back today. I just did that car unlock thing that was nice but other then that I use extreme stage to hone my skills for the arcade . I call extreme stage AKA THE LAB to do my best runs and so fourth see my mistakes and then use what I learn and found out in the arcade version with a messed up machine and all so mind you I am getting alot of practice in.

Yea they do but I just found out that they had STAGE 6 that how long I been out the scene didn't even know that till today when I saw it on youtube I was like wtf lol

Alright! IDES is coming back alive! Ohh? Did you sell it?

What is the car unlock thing? Haha yeah use IDES for practicing and perfecting techniques and everything else, then using that in the arcade is a good idea happy.gif

Haha yeah. I can't wait for IDAS5 for PS3. People said that IDAS4 was bad sad.gif because of the physics and they improved it in IDAS5.

Ughh sad.gif dang it Cali!!! xD But don't they have all their tournaments there? Like for Initial D and other games. Or Initial D doesn't have tournaments?

Brb in 15 - 20 min.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Dec 30 2010, 12:39 AM
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:39 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 13 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Alright! IDES is coming back alive! Ohh? Did you sell it?

What is the car unlock thing? Haha yeah use IDES for practicing and perfecting techniques and everything else, then using that in the arcade is a good idea  happy.gif

Haha yeah. I can't wait for IDAS5 for PS3. People said that IDAS4 was bad sad.gif because of the physics and they improved it in IDAS5.

Ughh sad.gif dang it Cali!!! xD But don't they have all their tournaments there? Like for Initial D and other games. Or Initial D doesn't have tournaments?

To me stage 4 was great better then version 3 in my opinion I played both of them but didn't take stage 3 serious. The graphics was great and when they ported it to the ps3 with extreme stage because they are basically the same game with different names.

Well arcade will always be ahead of console always but if they do make extreme stage 5 for ps3 I will be on top can't say the same for stage 4 or extreme stage because there are people that would whoop me and I known because I played those guys but I learn alot from them and started to get to know a few through intinal d but initinal d was the first car game I actually like maybe because it japanese and I have a fetish for japanese woman lol but I never like racing games at all until initinal d the last racing game before initinal d that I play was Tokyo Xtreme Racer AKA THE original Initial D! for the Sega DreamCast and for Sega Saturn Daytona USA.

PS: I notice now that Initinal D games are becoming more realstic with there turns it no more arcade style you wall rape that doesn't work anymore now it actually all about skill and not hitting a wall.

tHEY HAVE TOURNEYS but it not as big as it should be there just small tourneys.

Get on the PS3 I will be online bro we can talk there.

This post has been edited by deathstrike on Dec 30 2010, 12:58 AM
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 12:58 AM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (deathstrike @ 18 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
To me stage 4 was great better then version 3 in my opinion I played both of them but didn't take stage 3 serious. The graphics was great and when they ported it to the ps3 with extreme stage because they are basically the same game with different names.

Well arcade will always be ahead of console always but if they do make extreme stage 5 for ps3 I will be on top can't say the same for stage 4 or extreme stage because there are people that would whoop me and I known because I played those guys but I learn alot from them and started to get to know a few through intinal d but initinal d was the first car game I actually like maybe because it japanese and I have a fetish for japanese woman lol but I never like racing games at all until initinal d the last racing game before initinal d that I play was  Tokyo Xtreme Racer AKA THE original Initial D! for the Sega DreamCast and for Sega Saturn Daytona USA.

PS: I notice now that Initinal D games are becoming more realstic with there turns it no more arcade style you wall rape that doesn't work anymore now it actually all about skill and not hitting a wall.

Yeah, I agree with you. But sometimes in Extreme Stage I hit the wall and I lost exactly 10 km/h. I don't know why this happens. You can still wall rape though in IDAS4 and Extreme Stage. In IDAS3 you couldn't, but I like IDAS4 over IDAS3 to because of the graphics and the physics. Ohh lol really? I never knew Tokyo Xtreme Racer was the original Initial D.

Yeah they are becoming more realistic now, but I wished that they took out wall rape in the game because you can still do that, like in Irohazaka. I don't wall rape though biggrin.gif But in IDAS5 it is more about braking now I think because I have seen videos where they brake for a while to turn.

Ohh that sucks. I wish they would have big tournaments..

Alright.

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Dec 30 2010, 01:02 AM
deathstrike
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 01:02 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 4 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Yeah, I agree with you. But sometimes in Extreme Stage I hit the wall and I lost exactly 10 km/h. I don't know why this happens. You can still wall rape though in IDAS4 and Extreme Stage. In IDAS3 you couldn't, but I like IDAS4 over IDAS3 to because of the graphics and the physics. Ohh lol really? I never knew Tokyo Xtreme Racer was the original Initial D.

Yeah they are becoming more realistic now, but I wished that they took out wall rape in the game because you can still do that, like in Irohazaka. I don't wall rape though biggrin.gif But in IDAS5 it is more about braking now I think because I have seen videos where they brake for a while to turn.

Yea is is more about breaking now it has so much priority now you don't see people turning at 90 miles per hour anymore I tell you that lol.

Tokyo extreme racer was before it time it made a huge impact NFS underground actually took from extreme racer just a bit it influence Initinal D as well but just a bit.
k0oanz
Posted: Dec 30 2010, 01:04 AM

IDW Special Member

Ohh okay. Imma get on PS3 now smile.gif Ohh and I might stutter happy.gif just letting you know.
Rai_Seiyuu
Posted: Feb 6 2011, 04:52 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,626

Here another who have Initial D Extreme Stage and continue playing

PD: I´m very bad getting some curves...
k0oanz
Posted: Feb 6 2011, 04:55 PM

IDW Special Member

QUOTE (Rai_Seiyuu @ 2 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
Here another who have Initial D Extreme Stage and continue playing

PD: I´m very bad getting some curves...

There's a lot of people that play online mostly from Japan. But I know that some people on this forum still play IDES, but I don't think they post in this section anymore though. What does PD mean? Or do you mean P.S. (Post Script)?

This post has been edited by k0oanz on Feb 6 2011, 04:57 PM
Rai_Seiyuu
Posted: Feb 6 2011, 05:07 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 34,626

QUOTE (k0oanz @ 12 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
There's a lot of people that play online mostly from Japan. But I know that some people on this forum still play IDES, but I don't think they post in this section anymore though. What does PD mean? Or do you mean P.S. (Post Script)?

Of course, in theory, this game is only for japanese market. Other theme is fans of around the world get it imported for play it XD

PD: -> Post Data xD Sorry my english is basic n_nU

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 »