Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Every Little Thing - Jirenma (Movie Size)

Important Reminder
• Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
• All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,254  ·  Replies: 2 
> Huge photo assignment, tips and advice would be great
Gabzor
  Posted: May 12 2009, 09:16 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,963

Okay so whats coming up is my school prom soon.. the same guys who took my senior portrait are taking prom pics as well.. well frankly i hate them.. their just guys who carry around a 50d and really just point and shoot.. this year i hear that their going to have a green-screen backdrop sort of thing so they can drop any backdrop in there, and probably a couple strobes setup.. but their charging like 90$ for 2 pics.. so i decided ill probably take a camera to the prom as well.. and my photo teacher is letting me borrow an xsi, with an speedlite 580 II.. i know a little hotshoe flash isn't as great as strobes and stuff, but what would be a good lens i should use, well for a cheap price maybe that i can rent? and what should my strobist info look like? should i make a diffuser out of wax paper and make a bounce card as well or should i just get one of those lightspheres? thanks

This post has been edited by Gabzor on May 12 2009, 09:17 PM
wssh
Posted: May 17 2009, 05:41 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,521

You look like you know photography best, why not trust your own senses. It's not like it's gonna turn out bad if you use the wrong lens or whatever.
BOZZ Savage
Posted: May 17 2009, 09:50 AM

ペンタックス

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 15,047

QUOTE (Gabzor @ May 12 2009, 09:16 PM)
Okay so whats coming up is my school prom soon.. the same guys who took my senior portrait are taking prom pics as well.. well frankly i hate them.. their just guys who carry around a 50d and really just point and shoot.. this year i hear that their going to have a green-screen backdrop sort of thing so they can drop any backdrop in there, and probably a couple strobes setup.. but their charging like 90$ for 2 pics.. so i decided ill probably take a camera to the prom as well.. and my photo teacher is letting me borrow an xsi, with an speedlite 580 II.. i know a little hotshoe flash isn't as great as strobes and stuff, but what would be a good lens i should use, well for a cheap price maybe that i can rent? and what should my strobist info look like? should i make a diffuser out of wax paper and make a bounce card as well or should i just get one of those lightspheres? thanks

Are you planning on taking the portraits?

Ian