Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Jean Love - Steel Blade

Views: 2,955  ·  Replies: 5 
> Ability to report threads without entering?
PandaApex
  Posted: Aug 10 2010, 08:13 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,092

Just saying, because I HAD to enter this thread in the WMMT subforums in order to report. Kinda didn't want to see the contents due to the title >>
Alex
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 08:21 AM

OG Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 111

Well, the one thing I see getting in the way of this is that the closest thing you can get to reporting a thread is to report the OP's post. Reports are on specific posts, not topics as a whole.
P.S. It didn't take me long to find the thread in question. Yeah, that should be taken care of pretty snappy.

This post has been edited by Alex on Aug 10 2010, 08:22 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Möbius
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 08:26 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Alex @ 4 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
P.S. It didn't take me long to find the thread in question. Yeah, that should be taken care of pretty snappy.

Found it a while back, reported it, no powers.

Oh well. cool.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 08:52 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I've got an idea. I can see it being a pain in coding though. Speaking from the viewpoint of a guy that hated PHP, this is probably 30 pretty lines of code. Database linkages excluded.

In order to merge threads, one has to get the URL of both threads, which means entering the thread to find it. If you didn't want to see the contents, you could probably stop it from loading I suppose, or better yet just have:

1. A button that displays the URL of the thread and a member's report drop down box, much like a mod's.
2.) A straight up report thread button next to the thread in question.
Perry
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 08:56 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Interesting, the spambot in questioned registered back in February. That's why the Report System didn't think it was a spambot and thus not giving the option to report that as a spambot. (Usually spambot sign up and spam right away, not sign up and then wait for months before spamming.)

As for reporting thread without entering, I see where you are coming from, but then it is quite easy to be misused. The goal here is to minimize the amount of mistaken reports to improve efficiency in moderating. I'll ponder on this one some more.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Möbius
Posted: Aug 10 2010, 09:01 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Perry @ 5 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
(Usually spambot sign up and spam right away, not sign up and then wait for months before spamming.)

That was rather smart on the coders' part.