Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - platinum

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,340  ·  Replies: 5 
> Buying/Maintaining/Upgrading Your ID Machine 101!, A Guide To Owning a V1, V2 or V3 Machine!
sakuraskyline
  Posted: Aug 29 2010, 03:38 PM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,393

As a couple of you know I recently bought a ID machine, It seems that as ID machines are getting harder and harder to find in arcades, and alot of the original v1/v2/v3 players are getting older and are in a better position to go out and buy a machine of their own! The big downside to this? There is little to NO information on them, aside from the OEM Manual, there is very little info on the internet and the manual leaves much to be desired.

This is pretty much going to be my diary about owning my machine, I will document EVERYTHING I do along the way, aswell as list as many part numbers, links and anything else that others might find helpful.

This machine will pertain mainly to versions 1 2 and 3 as I have really no interest in 4+ currently.

WHERE TO BUY AN INITIAL D MACHINE

There is no clear best option here. I found mine on ebay, but shipping them is never fun.
Anywhere that you can locate a machine and get a good deal you would be fine buying from. I payed $1300 for my v2 machine in pretty good shape with one broken card reader. You can find v1's and v2's for anywhere from $1000 up to $3000. I wouldn't pay anything above $2k-ish unless it was MINT though. A week after I bought mine one went on ebay for $999. v3's will obviously run a bit more, I have seen only a couple v3 machines for sale, most right around the $4000 mark.

WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A MACHINE

There are a couple important things to look for when buying a machine, some of the parts for these games are EXPENSIVE. The number one thing being card readers. If you plan on using card readers, which most of you do. BUY ONE WITH WORKING CAR READERS. New card readers are $2000 PER SIDE. So again, BUY ONE WITH WORKING CARD READERS. You will find used card readers on ebay then and again but they are never cheap. Some other sites have them aswell but again, not cheap. I bought mine and then found out one didn't work, luckily I found a pair on ebay for $500, put in an offer of $350 and they accepted. Other then that, just make sure the machine has no trouble starting up and operating for a good period of time, make sure the steering wheels are in good shape, the steering works properly and you are pretty much good to go, everything else is fairly cheap to take care of.

I am going to add alot more to this later!

Lee

This post has been edited by sakuraskyline on Aug 29 2010, 03:39 PM
Möbius
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 04:24 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Lunar
Posted: Aug 29 2010, 05:24 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 6,456

Awesome thread. The world needs this. lol

Btw, dude, most of these items you mentioned you bought on ebay, I almost got them as well ! lol I was still trying to find a machine though...which is why I didn't bother with the disc and the card reader. But you got a really good deal out of it. Good stuff.

I'll be checking back to this thread often. Hope you can guide us well. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Lunar on Aug 29 2010, 05:43 PM
redcomet121
Posted: Aug 30 2010, 02:51 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,914

Let's break some world record then.
dadabeed
Posted: Oct 22 2010, 05:09 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,473

hey guys, Ive been looking for a machine for a whilw now and while out buying a silent scope I met a guy that has a d2 and a d3. He offered me $1700 for the D3 and I think i should jump on it. I played for over a half hour and everything seemed well. I noticed that the card reader worked 4 out of 5 times that i used it. Also there is a speaker out on the one cabinet. Does this seem like a good deal ? or should I steer clear and keep looking for another cabinet. Thanks
sakuraskyline
  Posted: Oct 24 2010, 09:12 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 5,393

Seems like a pretty good deal, however, card readers should either work, or not work, not be intermitent like that