Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Nakazato's Theme

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 408 409 410 411 412 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,278  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 14 2017, 11:21 AM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

I'm going to go ahead and say that 'use Chrome' is a poor choice. You don't have to, and it's by no means the most secure browser. The correct answer here is 'use the browser you want, but make sure you install a proper blocking combination like uBlock Origin and uMatrix'. For instance, if you don't like the fact that Chrome records everything you do and sends it to Google for analysis, maybe you'd rather use Firefox, or use the forks of Firefox based on the TOR project for privacy reasons. Totally fine--just make sure you have your plugins up to date and install script/ad blockers.

I haven't run antivirus on any of my machines in a decade. If you know what you're doing, there's no reason to. If you protect yourself against threats, there's no reason to. For instance, are you worried about ransomware? Okay, stop visiting shady-as-fuck websites and make sure that things like flash are click-to-play rather than enabled by default, plus run a blocking tool like uMatrix to control what actually gets loaded on a website before it happens. Don't fucking use Outlook for e-mail--just use webmail of some sort. And if you're SUPER paranoid, run an anti-ransomware tool (for instance, there are ones available that prevent applications from running out of AppData, which is where most ransomware executables get loaded).

As far as I'm concerned, preventative anti-virus programs are garbage. The best preventative anti-virus is your own fucking brain. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other such tools are not preventative--they're reactionary. They're what you use when your brain fails you and you fucked yourself over.

So, short version, stop being an idiot and just get rid of your antivirus. Or continue to be an idiot and keep it around as part of a desperate plea to keep yourself safe from your own stupidity.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Godfroggah
Posted: Nov 18 2017, 03:13 PM

DJ Pon-2

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,221

Anyone getting snow where they are? the first heavy snowfall of the year just started here about an hour or two ago

This post has been edited by JeffreySoftbark on Nov 18 2017, 03:18 PM
APX
Posted: Nov 18 2017, 06:56 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

We got the Santa Anas for a bit this morning. biggrin.gif
Posted: Nov 18 2017, 11:12 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

here's an evil/fun experiment to run on your children that relates to xmas. kids are taught to believe a jolly old fat man in a red suit squeezes down the chimney across the worls at near warp speed for 1 night only. what if you raised a child telling the truth and never mentioning santa even once?

i know it would make the news broadcasts slightly better when there is no santa GPS app/reports.
Meteor
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 01:59 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

What would happen? Absolutely nothing special. I can safely say this as a resident of a country where Christmas isn't a big deal and chimneys are near non-existent. Your minor annoyance would merely be replaced with some other minor annoyance.

Anyway, complaining about Santa Claus of all things. Now there's a first world problem if I've ever seen one laugh.gif
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:36 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Meteor @ 8 hours, 36 minutes ago)
What would happen? Absolutely nothing special. I can safely say this as a resident of a country where Christmas isn't a big deal and chimneys are near non-existent. Your minor annoyance would merely be replaced with some other minor annoyance.

Anyway, complaining about Santa Claus of all things. Now there's a first world problem if I've ever seen one laugh.gif

lol, im not the one that started it. the stores started to play that damned xmas music already. though atleast those other minor annoyances wont be reporting on fake news.... though given the news these days, thats not an unreal assessment of it. laugh2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:38 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Crotchety old man general.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:59 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 20 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
Crotchety old man general.

please, just call me Krampus for the holidays laugh2.gif. i hate holidays, pointe Finale.
APX
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 01:37 PM

Do you prefer working everyday then?
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 01:51 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

I prefer a healthy and balanced schedule.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
  Posted: Nov 19 2017, 02:48 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (APX @ 1 hour, 11 minutes ago)

Careful, that's describing me.
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 04:15 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (JeffreySoftbark @ Yesterday, 4:13 PM)
Anyone getting snow where they are?The first heavy snowfall of the year just started here about an hour or two ago

Weather's been chilly in the mornings here & nice in the afternoon all the way till like 11:00 PM ~ then it starts getting cold again :0

For being 11月 it's w3rd to see the 915 this nice. The weather's usually one extreme or the other .. dec 2014 was so unbearably cold I got frost-bite on my hands >_<"

.. but it's kind of nice right now user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
umustwait101
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 04:42 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

Your mom is a T-Rex and she's coming after you.

Weather here was nice, too. But, I think I'm getting weak, because it felt cold and eating a Korean tofu soup felt real good.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Nov 19 2017, 04:43 PM
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 05:32 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 49 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Your mom is a T-Rex and she's coming after you.

Weather here was nice, too.  But, I think I'm getting weak, because it felt cold and eating a Korean tofu soup felt real good.

She says rawr Umu-kun!.. and also to give me some of your cute kimchi k-umu shifty2.gif

rawr!user posted image
Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:24 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (APX @ 8 hours, 47 minutes ago)

i dont want to work 100%, i do what i need and can do without burning myself out. its the meaning society put behind these so called "holidays". IMO there's nothing special about them, time passes as usual and the next day is normal again. sometimes you're compelled to spend more money on certain days. i just dont care if such days hold special meanings.

BTW, did google translate my new member title properly? it sounds like a fitting member title for me laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 19 2017, 10:35 PM
APX
Posted: Nov 20 2017, 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Careful, that's describing me.

But you're not a grandspa, playing his wooden grandspa guitar.
Meteor
Posted: Nov 20 2017, 01:16 AM

BTW, did google translate my new member title properly? it sounds like a fitting member title for me

Possible definitions for "hiretsu" include "mean", "foul play", and "cowardly", so if that's what you were going for... whistling.gif

But I'm sure you meant something more along the lines of いつも愚痴している爺ちゃん, Ojii-chan.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Nov 20 2017, 01:19 AM
Posted: Nov 20 2017, 01:21 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Meteor @ 4 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
Possible definitions for "hiretsu" include "mean", "foul play", and "cowardly", so if that's what you were going for... whistling.gif

But I'm sure you meant something more along the lines of いつも愚痴している祖ちゃん, Ojii-chan.

thanks. LOL, google fails again?? thats what it gave for "Crotchety old man". though "mean" is one definition i was looking for ie mean (or grumpy) old man

LOL, why is the Japanese writing so darn versatile to have so many similar words to have that many options.

though like how Japanese people like certain english words put on t-shirts and not know what they mean. its something similar for me. 卑劣な老人 Hiretsuna rōjin just sounds kinda cool.

This post has been edited by 207 on Nov 20 2017, 01:26 AM
xiao
Posted: Nov 25 2017, 12:38 PM

moon bunny

I was thinking about stuff Thursday & wrote a poem whilst stuffing my face with m*a*s*h potatoes ..

Needs more cowbell & auto tune but I think I got the idea down to fill in the gaps & make it into a full song user posted imageneco neco

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

SPOILER
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 27 2017, 01:48 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Eh, did some endurance sport and now I can hardly move my legs because of stiffness-related horrible pains. dry.gif
xiao
Posted: Nov 27 2017, 02:24 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 35 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Eh, did some endurance sport and now I can hardly move my legs because of stiffness-related horrible pains. dry.gif

What kind of sport did you do Nerubi-pyon ? Remember to properly stretch your body before, during, & after intense exercising to avoid cramps .. warm up before & cool down afterwards for healthy blood circulation and water & nice deep breathing is good too ~ online2long.gif
Nerubian
Posted: Nov 28 2017, 08:24 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

I used a cross-trainer but apparently I started with a too intense difficulty.
Meteor
Posted: Nov 28 2017, 02:11 PM

Welcome to Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, where all the muscle fibers you damaged through intense exercise slowly start to repair. When do they fully repair, you'll have stronger legs than before, but I'd still recommend a gradual acclimation to that sort of activity instead of throwing your muscles straight into the grinder like that.
This soreness tends to be a sign you'll be seeing improvements soon, but a mild level of soreness is typically all you'll need for decent results.

So what sort of endurance sport was it? If it involves running long distances, let's just say that's not gonna be good for your knees in the long run unless you have your movement patterns down absolutely perfect. You're repeatedly ramming your legs into the ground with all your weight, after all.
You can make it less terrible by keeping most of your weight a little ahead of your heel on each step, so that your heel doesn't immediately crash into the ground and transfer an undamped impact directly through your leg. Shorter distances and higher/alternating speeds are always better if all you want is getting fit though.
xiao
Posted: Nov 29 2017, 12:37 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Meteor @ Yesterday, 3:11 PM)
If it involves running long distances, let's just say that's not gonna be good for your knees in the long run unless you have your movement patterns down absolutely perfect.

This.

I do a lot of running and proper kinetics is key to not injuring your knees & ankles ~ I also try to lessen the impact on them by using the momentum of my upper body, arms, and thighs to lessen the shock the knees & ankles inevitably absorb while sprinting.

But everyone's different and if you tell someone to eat right & exercise .. they know exactly what to do to be healthy. I like doing a lot of yoga, aerobics, stretching, walking, jogging, and running ..

Dancing too ! cause I like pretending I'm the bald-chick from Dr. Strange I wanna get into gymnastics & ballet cause I'm starting to see my limits as a dancer. ohmy.gif
Posted: Dec 2 2017, 09:20 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

am i the only one here who has series-fatigue of the newest star wars series?? yes im grumpy and mean at times but i liked the first 6 star wars series alot then they went on a hiatus. i saw the newest one with Rey and Amuro as they had to deal with Han Solo's evil child and it pretty much seemed like a modern rehash of the series.

i have no problem with the series being PC-friendly but it doesnt add much more to the series. they just took the same storyline, added some new parts and changed the people playing the characters' equivalents. im not interested in seeing the newest gen of star wars after i saw the force awakens. its not often that i write off certain film series but ive written off the James bond series and now starwars.

447 Pages  « 408 409 410 411 412 »