Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 17,744  ·  Replies: 147 
> White Comet Downfall [fanfic], Sequel to Final Battle
thx712517
  Posted: Nov 7 2007, 06:09 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,877

Fujiwara walked out to the alley and sat down with a discontented sigh as close to the Trueno as he could get without incurring his father's wrath. He was, in fact, sitting with his back against the Impreza's left rear wheel, arms folded over his knees, chin resting on his forearms, moping with all his might.
“It's not fair,” he grumbled. “I don't care how fast the Impreza is, I want to drive my hachi-roku.” Bunta slowed down for a moment and looked through the shop window at his son and smiled.
“Weaning is never easy,” he muttered, remembering his own difficulties in adapting to a new car. It had made him better in the end though, and it was that thought that helped him be so heartless.

In the middle of his sulk, Takumi's ears perked up as a new strange sound tingled at the limit of his hearing. It had the familiar whir of a rotary engine, but it sounded deeper, bigger, more raw. The sound grew louder and angrier, until Fujiwara gaped at his mentor, Takahashi Ryosuke, sitting in the driver seat of a blindingly white new FD, its engine idling angrily and spitting occasional flames from the exhaust.
“Ryosuke-san?” Takumi asked in shock, getting up and walking over to the FD.
“Fujiwara, would you like to go for a drive?” he asked calmly, his pale face framed perfectly in the open window.
“Are you alright?” Takumi asked.
“My arm still hurts, but I need to begin practicing. I've been challenged, Fujiwara, and I need to win. Keisuke is too busy working on something else to help, but if you'd like to assist me, I need someone to chase down Akagi.”
“I've only got the Impreza,” Takumi said sadly. Ryosuke leaned back in his seat and Fujiwara, watching his lips, made out a few passionate silent curses. With a groan, Ryosuke got out of the FD and walked into the tofu shop, leaving Takumi sitting outside staring at the FD.

It was a monster. The low-slung car rested on gleaming lightweight alloy wheels, massive brake rotors and red calipers peeking through the spokes. Takumi could see part of the brand new coilovers as well, which were no doubt perfectly tuned. The flawless white body was actually a mixture of steel and carbon fiber, the two materials blended so perfectly it was impossible to tell where one ended and the other began. The hood was obviously not stock, with its deep vents cut into the center to keep the monstrous engine cool, but it looked the part. Ryosuke was above wasteful modifications and it showed. Sneaking a peek into the shop where the elder Takahashi was speaking with his father, Takumi leaned through the open window and popped the hood.

The carbon fiber hood weighed nothing in his hands as he lifted it, and he looked down at the engine and sucked in his breath in astonishment. What little he knew of rotary engines confirmed the fact that the FD wasn't supposed to have that under the hood. Gleaming pipes, a massive v-mount intercooler, and twin turbochargers were prominent in the spotless engine bay. Closing the hood again, Takumi turned around just in time to see Ryosuke throwing a set of keys at him.
“What are these?” Takumi asked, opening his hand and looking at the achingly familiar metal.
“Hachi-roku. I spoke with your father. You're allowed to use it only to race against me and must return it immediately afterward,” Ryosuke said, favoring his weakened arm as he returned to the FD's supportive bucket seat. Takumi ran to the Trueno, whisked off the cover, and was soon trailing after the powerful FD.

Screaming through the corner with the steering wheel at full opposite lock, Takumi felt his heart singing and blood boiling as the tires screamed underneath him. The AE86 was an extension of his body as he flung it madly into the corner, engine at redline and tires begging for rest as he drifted down Akagin in hot pursuit of Ryosuke's FD. The monstrous car was almost impossible to catch, but he was doing his best. Every other round they would switch places, Ryosuke hunting after him in the FD while he attempted to escape in the 86. Even though it was pointless to chase the FD, Takumi felt his eyes burning with energy as he focused on the gleaming white coupe's movements, forcing the hachi-roku to go farther and faster than it had before in a desperate attempt to overtake.

The FD was slowing down, its incredible power a burden in some of the tighter corners where the slightest mistake would send its rear tires churning into smoke.
“Because of your greater power, you have to fight constantly not to use full throttle, while I can simply put my foot to the floor and overtake,” Takumi said, coming within a few meters of his mentor's car. Ryosuke glanced in his rear view mirror and scowled.
“With this arm I can't drift like I normally do,” he said, cursing his weak body and ignoring the dull agony of his ankle, “and all this damn power!” he cursed, suddenly feeling very angry. The FD's rear end came loose and the incredibly potent machine slid sideways and spun out, coming to a sudden stop facing uphill.

“Are you okay?” Takumi asked from his open window as he idled next to his mentor's car.
“Yes, fine,” Ryosuke replied mechanically, rolling up his window, reorienting the car, and continuing downhill. It was too frustrating. The crash, the inactivity in the hospital, the return of the Grim Reaper and the death of his FC. Tears of frustration streaked his cheeks as he pushed the FD harder and harder, the emotions inside him threatening to take control.
“This won't do,” he said quietly. “I've been the logical driver, free from emotion. Why am I so upset?” His mind flashed back to Akiko and he knew in a heartbeat why he was so frustrated. He had loved her deeply, even if it was just a crush like his parents had said. The emotions were real at the time, and they stood out over the passage of years. He felt responsible for her death, and yet the conflict was raging inside him.

“If I defeat Yoshiro, I continue to rebuild my racing legacy. If I lose, he gains closure.” The ethics instilled in Ryosuke's mind by his countless medical courses waged war with his pride, with his ego, with his future. The Spirit R had been a massive expenditure and almost completely unnecessary in the grand scheme of things. Another FC would have been far more logical. Most of the modifications would have been the same, and he could have used less power. There was no need for such raw power. It made it difficult to drive the downhill without reserve. Always in the back of his mind was the reminder that if he used too much throttle, he would spin. There was no carefree plunge down the mountain like it used to be.

Keisuke's incredible fascination with the Starlet made sense. There was no fear of throttle-induced spins or having to hold back. He could rush downhill with everything he had, pouring forth all of his energy without reserve, without holding back. It was addictive, but damaging in its own way. Transitioning back into the yellow FD would take some readjustment.
“Everything will work out for the best,” Ryosuke said out loud as the next downhill run began. It was his turn to chase the hachi-roku and, although he could keep up well enough, he still couldn't overtake.

Screaming through one of Akagi's wide s-curves, Ryosuke felt things beginning to fall into place. His weakened arm was able to hold the wheel while his strong left hand shifted, his bad ankle feathering the throttle as his good foot manipulated the clutch. The FD was beginning to behave. Pushing harder, Ryosuke's eyes slowly widened as he realized the car was still far from its ultimate limit. He pushed more, bringing the gleaming white bumper with its gaping mouth closer and closer to the fleeing hachi-roku until the reflection from his headlights disappeared.
“Alright!” Ryosuke shouted, ignoring the pain that coursed through his body as he threw the car into the next corner aggressively, pushing harder and harder until the Spirit R behaved exactly how he wanted it to.
“I was the limit,” he said in shock, upshifting as the 20B-REW thrust the car forward with an intoxicating rush of torque and horsepower, “I was the limit. I drove this car like my FC. I didn't push hard enough.” With an evil grin, he focused on the hachi-roku and began analyzing it for a chance to overtake.

Takumi glanced in his rearview mirror quickly, feeling the heavy probing gaze of his mentor burning the back of his neck. The FD had changed its driving style and was surrounded with a blazing aura as it pushed harder and harder, pressuring him more and more.
“Gutter,” he said, diving for the inside gutter and hooking his tires, feeding the car full throttle as he screamed around the corner. The FD, without using the gutter, effortlessly overtook him in the corner and blitzed ahead before slamming on the brakes and letting the hachi-roku pass.
“What is he doing?” Takumi asked before shaking his head and making a desperate run for the finish line. The FD was toying with him, passing in the corners and then dropping back in the straights. Ryosuke was beginning to control the car as he wanted to.

Sweeping over the finish line in a dead heat, Takumi pulled the hachi-roku over to the side of the road and took a long pull from his water bottle.
“Tired?” Ryosuke asked, rubbing his weak arm and trying to hide the winces.
“Yeah,” Fujiwara replied. “I'm sorry, I thought I'd be able to drive longer since I have the Trueno, but I just can't keep my eyes open.”
“Understandable, we've been at this for a few hours,” Ryosuke replied.
“Thank you.”
“It's alright. Bring the car back to your father without delay and you can use it tomorrow. I'm going to need a lot of practice before I can defeat Yoshiro,” Ryosuke said.

“What makes him so good?” Takumi asked.
“You remember Joushima's line, don't you?” Ryosuke responded.
“Of course.”
“It's like that, except five times worse because Yoshiro himself can't control it. It's the chaotic line, and it is a devastating method of attack. The only weakness is that he can't control it himself. Any technique that can't be controlled, no matter how powerful it is, is inherently dangerous. He doesn't value his life though, which is why he uses it. He values nothing,” Ryosuke said, suddenly realizing how true that statement was.
“It sounds like an impossible battle,” Takumi said, breaking the silence.
“Almost. If he wins because of his skill, he can have closure and regain some semblance of mental control. If he loses, he will undoubtedly suffer a psychotic break. If he wins from some fluke chance, or if I let him win, he'll still have a breakdown. I have to battle with everything I have,” Ryosuke said softly.
“Go home and rest,” he finally said, walking back to his FD.
“What are you going to do?” Takumi asked.
“Practice.”
DK_2
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 06:21 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,400

Very nice!! wink2.gif That was a long wait for an update though. ohmy.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Nov 7 2007, 06:50 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Some people are never satisfied.............

Keisuke parked the Starlet and walked into the garage, a mixture of emotions heavy in his chest. On the one hand, he enjoyed the little Toyota and it was a thrill to drive it, but on the other, the lack of power and the soft, yielding suspension were becoming frustrating. At first the challenge had been enjoyable, but now it was annoying. Not enough power down the straights, no acceleration to speak of, not even enough to hang the rear end out during tight corners. Keisuke was busily thinking of installing a 4A-GE or something similar when Fumihiro's voice broke into his thoughts.
“So you've finally showed up to tune your engine, hmm?”
“Tune my engine?” Keisuke replied, blinking his eyes in surprise.
“The 13B-REW that came out of Ryosuke's Spirit R was placed in your FD at his request. We've got a base tune on it, but Ryosuke wanted you to assist during final tuning so it would fit your driving style. Your car is on the dyno.”

In a dream, Keisuke walked over and saw his FD as if for the first time. Muscular fenders housed massive wheels and grippy tires, coilovers and brakes plainly visible. The engine was already running, thumping out a powerful exhaust note.
“Get inside, run it up to 2500 RPMs in first through third, then go to redline in fourth gear,” Matsumoto ordered. Keisuke climbed into the car, strapped down on the dyno like an errant missile, and felt the steering wheel and seat that he had missed for so long.

Revving up the engine, he followed orders obediently, flooring the car in fourth and listening as the howl of the engine competed with the whine of the dyno until the shop echoed with the FD's wail. Letting his foot off the throttle, Keisuke felt his hands shaking.
“This is what I've been missing,” he said. “Power!”
DK_2
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 07:53 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Sorry if I hurt your feeling yo. sad.gif Haha yosha! Another update. wink2.gif
crash
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 08:12 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 2,683

I hope you produce 50 more chapters lol! Great job. I'm hooked on your fics.
Möbius
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 08:31 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

Great story so far, keep up the good work... smile.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
pnoytecknix
Posted: Nov 7 2007, 08:32 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,159

great stuff! keep it up.
Meteor
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 01:33 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

[CAPTAIN OBVIOUS]And after a run in the Starlet, Keisuke's going to be fast.[/CAPTAIN OBVIOUS]

As usual, great chapter. Please update soon.
VTiRoj
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 03:05 AM

IDW's neighbourhood Roj

Member No.: 15,576

QUOTE (thx712517 @ Today at 2:50 AM)
Letting his foot off the throttle, Keisuke felt his hands shaking.
“This is what I've been missing,” he said. “Power!”

Our dreams of Keisuke in a Starlet, ruined! crying2.gif

Haha, still lovin' the 'fic so far grin2.gif
thx712517
  Posted: Nov 8 2007, 03:13 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (n00b* @ Yesterday at 7:53 PM)
Sorry if I hurt your feeling yo. sad.gif Haha yosha! Another update. wink2.gif

I was referring to Keisuke's lust for power dude. No worries.
tofujay
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 05:08 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 25,017

can't wait for the next chapter good job man!
red comet 7
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 06:07 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

man im not sure how much longer i can take logging back on every half hour and not finding an update...

and when we gonna know what bunta's been telling ryousuke?
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 06:41 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 4,713

Something funny happened to me the other day. I was talking to my friend about ID, asking whether he had finished watching 4th stage. He asked me whether 5th stage had come out, and I said not yet, but that Bunta finally raced someone - and stopped short, and LOLED in my head for thinking thx's fanfic was actually the anime. laugh.gif
DK_2
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 06:47 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

lol.
wow.
that's what you call getting the reader addicted!!
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 07:08 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (DK_2 @ Today at 10:47 PM)
lol.
wow.
that's what you call getting the reader addicted!!

dont forget taking the events in thx's fanfics and loosely refering to then a kanon/canon (watever you call it) in the absense of a 5th stage anime.
thx712517
  Posted: Nov 8 2007, 07:37 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I'd like to thank everyone for the many kind words! I'm sorry updating is taking so long, but I've been busy busy busy all this week caring for three dogs and running myself ragged at work and college. Thankfully tomorrow is Friday and I have no homework (that I'm aware of) and I have all of Saturday to myself. If nothing else, I should have some more chapters for you.

In the meantime, here's a little bit to hold you over.

The tuning process took some time, but at the end of it Keisuke had a finely-honed machine in perfect running condition, a far cry from the ragged and beat vehicle he had limped onto the tow truck months ago. Backing the FD off of the dyno, he caught a glance of the Starlet, once more looking neglected. Torn between the power that throbbed through the FD and the simple pleasure of the KP60, he shook his head and parked the yellow rotary rocket, gently placed a cover over it, and returned to the Starlet.
“If I don't see him first, let my brother know I'm going to be out practicing,” Keisuke said, getting into the little Starlet and driving off. After the massive strength of his FD, the Starlet was disappointingly slow, almost painfully so. It chugged horribly as it slowly managed to drag itself up Akagi, the 1000cc engine doing its best and failing miserably. Even though he hadn't driven the FD more than a few meters, it was enough to remind him of the incredible power he used to deal with on a daily basis.

At the peak of Mt. Akagi Keisuke got out of the Starlet and sat on the hood, hands in his pockets as he looked down at the winding road spread out before him. A car was approaching quickly, making the most of the medium s-curves as it climbed up the mountain. The black coupe stopped alongside the little red Starlet and idled quietly for a modified machine.
“You wanted to see me?” Kyoko asked. Keisuke nodded and stepped forward.
“I was very harsh with you before,” he admitted slowly, blushing as he spoke. “I'd like to apologize. I've had... bad experiences in the past.”
“I understand,” she replied softly, her voice almost lost in the murmur of her single turbo rotary. “Why are you driving that little car?” she asked suddenly.
“Oh,” Keisuke said, laughing self-consciously, “that's my daily driver. The FD is in the shop.”
“In the shop? Is something wrong with it?” Kyoko asked, concern painfully evident on her face. She truly cared for the FD3S, and its absence was disturbing her.
“Come here,” Keisuke said. “I'll drive you down the hill and show you why I like this little car.” Carefully, Kyoko parked her FD, shut off the engine, locked it, and walked over, looking at the tiny Starlet with wonder in her eyes.
“Toyota Starlet?” she asked.
“Mmm hmm. Come on, get in. I'll take you down Akagi and back up, then you can drive us to a nice diner, my treat,” he said with a warm smile. Grudgingly she got inside the car, sitting in the flat and lifeless passenger seat. Keisuke settled into the driver's seat, what remained of the cushion groaning as he sat.

“It has its charm,” she said graciously, but he shook his head and turned the key, firing up the one liter motor with a hacking wheeze. Glancing out the clean windshield at the autumn scene before them, Keisuke revved the engine, dropped the clutch, and rolled forward with very little power-induced tire spin. The little car rattled downhill, picking up speed and noise as it went. The first true corner appeared and with practiced ease he hauled the manual steering around and floored the throttle. He was rewarded with the scream of tires and the field of vision up front slewing dramatically to the side as the little car drifted through the corner. Kyoko's lips formed an 'O' as she suddenly realized the reason for Keisuke's smile.

It was like that for every turn, although sometimes the emergency brake was needed to get the car to rotate, or a quick tap on the brake pedal with the left foot. At the bottom of the mountain, engine pinging from the heat, Keisuke looked over at Kyoko and smiled. The awkward conversation was pushed from his mind as well as hers. They climbed back upward in silence, a long silence that lasted for quite some time due to the underpowered Starlet. Finally returned to the top, they left the Starlet and went to Kyoko's FD. Driving downhill, she smiled privately to herself, then laughed.
“It seems so ridiculous to see you in that little car, driving with such an earnest expression on your face,” she admitted between chuckles. Keisuke shook his head and caught, out of the corner of his eye, a blinding flash of white rocket down Akagi. There was a deep bellowing roar from an unrestricted exhaust, the scream of tires pushed to their limits, a flash of brake lights and then the shattered silence.
“What was that?” Kyoko asked, her heart racing from the surprise.
“I think,” Keisuke said slowly, “that was my brother.”

Meteor
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 07:42 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Nice to see Ryousuke driving again. As usual, another good update.

Looking forward to the next, as usual.
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 08:02 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

great chapter, looks like every high powered car driver must take a spin in that starlet laugh.gif . glad those 2 patched up their relationship or atleast have started to. cant wait for the next updates in the next 1-2 days.
DK_2
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 08:49 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Ooooooh! That was a cute little scene................. fear2.gif It's very funny to how Keisuke loves how much power the FD has but yet still adores the Starlet. laugh.gif Judging from the small scene with Ryosuke. It seems that White Comet has returned.
Panda_86
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 10:37 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 27,036

its nice to know the White Comet is slowly regaining its fiery blaze... i wonder if he wins the race... will the gream reaper destroy this comet to pieces... or the comet's heat enough to melt the reaper away... ohmy.gif
tiQlado
Posted: Nov 8 2007, 10:53 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,504

This story's GOT to be loaded up to ffnet. This has GOTS to! pinch2.gif

... or sold as a story idea to Shigeno-sensei. w00t2.gif

This post has been edited by tiQlado on Nov 8 2007, 10:55 PM
RickyDGreat
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 09:52 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 4,705

fear2.gif Keep up the good work, curious to see what happens next fear2.gif and yeah we need answers to the cliff hangers, whats up with the piston ryoske say, what did he and bunt discuss, what is bunta doing with Tak (Takumi), is he giving him the subaru, we need answers, ok I need answers lol but keep up the good work fear2.gif
DK_2
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 06:40 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Anysecond now thx712517 will update this. Or tommorow... *waits patiently*
thx712517
  Posted: Nov 9 2007, 08:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Takahashi Ryosuke looked with pride upon his creation.
“Truly a magnificent animal,” he said, relishing the words. The Spirit R was just that, a wild and dangerous animal, alive with its creator's aura, bursting with power. Ryosuke flexed his arm, comparing the muscles to those in his healthy arm, noting the small differences, and rolled his sleeves back down. Fujiwara had made an excellent whipping boy, fleeing at top speed while being chased and fighting desperately pursuing.
“Now I need to find Yoshiro,” Ryosuke said, climbing back into the white FD and pointing it back toward Mt. Akagi. Blasting up the hill at half-intensity, his eyes flickered along the road, analyzing it idly for better attack points. If Akagi was going to be the battleground, it would pay to familiarize himself with the course once more.

At the peak he turned the car around and prepared to descend when a gleam of yellow appeared next to him. A man his age, dressed in black and wearing glasses, exited from the NSX Type-R and stood next to the FD.
“I didn't think you would ever give up that FC,” Yoshiro said without emotion.
“I thought you would be in the grave before you would give up your Civic,” Ryosuke replied, getting out of the Spirit R and shutting the carbon fiber door carefully.
“Almost there. One foot in, one foot out,” Yoshiro answered.
“Which foot is dead?”
“The one that uses the brakes.”

Ryosuke broke off from the meaningless conversation and circled the Type-R. It was a potent display of engineering straight from the factory, liberally laced with aluminum, but this was something else. There was no lacing of carbon fiber, it was made of it. The brilliant yellow paint hid just how extensive the carbon fiber work was, but Ryosuke could tell. The car would no doubt be a few hundred kilograms lighter than stock. Fine. He would play dirty too.

“What kind of FD is that?” Yoshiro asked.
“A Spirit R,” Ryosuke replied. “Special runoff edition. I've done some tuning to it, of course. Nothing major, just enough to give me a good experience for the FD's capabilities. Far greater than my old FC, you know.”
“Are you here to talk or here to race?” Yoshiro asked suddenly.
“Talk. We'll have our race, but I wanted to see my opponent first. Still using that chaotic line?” he asked. Yoshiro blushed slightly but nodded.
“When my blood boils, it comes out of me without my asking it to. It can be hard to control that way, but I like it. And how are you, Ryosuke? Are you still the cold-blooded murdering thinker you were before?” Daichi asked, smiling at the memories.
“You make me sound sadistic,” Ryosuke said in response.
“You are sadistic,” came the quick reply.

“Dare I take a look at your engine?” Ryosuke asked.
“You don't need to, you heard everything you needed to know. If you're looking at mine, I'm looking at yours,” Yoshiro responded. With a casual shrug Ryosuke tossed him the keys at the same time Yoshiro tossed his own. Ryosuke looked down on the NSX Type-R's engine and whistled just as Yoshiro did the same with the Spirit R.
“Twin turbo? Necessary?” Ryosuke asked.
“20B-REW?” came the reply from Yoshiro.

“You know I wasn't responsible for Akiko's death,” Ryosuke said abruptly. “She was behind the wheel, driving like she always did. I let you be angry at me because it helped me hurt myself, but it's not healthy.”
“I know,” Yoshiro replied. “Akiko died doing what she loved, although she could have done it better in that particular corner. I hated you for it, Ryosuke. I hated you for being faster, for having more money, and for her loving you. She drove a Mazda because of you. If she were in a front wheel drive car like a Civic, she wouldn't have spun and she wouldn't have been killed. But no amount of argument will change the past,” he said wearily, rubbing a hand over his bloodshot eyes.
“Then why race?” Ryosuke asked calmly.
“To prove a point.”
“What point?”

“The point that Honda is superior to Mazda,” Yoshiro said.
“I don't think it would prove anything. It's a driver's race, Yoshiro. There are too many variables here. Different engine placements, different construction types, different weights. These cars aren't similar at all. A better comparison would be an AP1.” Ryosuke leaned against his Spirit R and folded his arms, looking at Yoshiro carefully for any signs of mental instability.

“Fine. If not cars, drivers. When I got back to Japan I was quite surprised to hear about you and your brother being featured in a magazine, running a racing team, setting records. Don't smile at me, Ryosuke. I'll end your unbeaten streak.”
“It's already been ended,” Ryosuke laughed, beginning to remember the great friendship he had shared with the passionate man in front of him.
“Damnit. Fine then. We raced when we were younger and you kept beating me. I want a chance to defeat you. You have your techniques, Ryosuke, and I have mine, and some I picked up while I was in America. I might surprise you.”
“America?”
“I thought that would get your attention. That's right, Ryosuke. I've seen techniques never used in this country. Interesting techniques, too. I bet you would love a chance to analyze them, wouldn't you?” Yoshiro asked, leering happily at his old friend and nemesis.

“Uphill or downhill?” Ryosuke asked, fighting to keep calm.
“Both.”
“How many rounds?”
“Until one of us passes out.”
“Why should I race?”
“The Grim Reaper against Akagi's White Comet. Come now, Ryosuke, I think there might be more than a few people interested in it,” Yoshiro said.
“Who would want to see us race?” Ryosuke asked.
DK_2
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 09:06 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Oooooh. Getting a bit interesting huh? wink2.gif

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »