Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - cafe ROZA--for Johnny & Mary--

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,504  ·  Replies: 67 
> why is initial d so great, my buddy asked me
N643
  Posted: Oct 23 2009, 12:20 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 28,448

well a while ago me & buddy were playing maxi tune DX & after we finish the game there was 2 ppl racing on id4 with stock cars, & after there race they left with a free game

& i then ask my buddy hey u wanna play that free game, & he was like no the game is not as great as maxi tune & i was like come on theres a few things good about ID but i could thing of any at the time

so im asking u whats good about initial d arcade cuz i can't think of much thats how i ended up stop playing
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 02:32 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

It's fun one-on-one racing.

Erm..sorry, thats what I can only think of now. Can't exactly boast about the features too when it's erm...abit lacking (compared to the JP ver anyways).
DigiBunny
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 02:49 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I like the fact that I can choose, part by part, what my car is going to look like.

I disagree with Maxi Tune giving you a whole bodykit as a set.
LaLaLa
Posted: Nov 1 2009, 06:09 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,109

It has great graphics, great maps...

But I play MT now...
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Nov 1 2009, 06:26 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

I actually find Wangan Midnight to be a tad boring...

Just sitting there, on a straight road, with your foot planted on the gas, letting your horsepower do all the work for you. Gah. Boring. Sure you gotta dodge other cars and there are a few turns, its just nowhere as fun as Initial D.

That - and Initial D has more interesting maps, scenery.

Initial D is more exciting for me - yet at the same time, very relaxing.
*j*j*
Posted: Nov 1 2009, 07:27 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

interesting thread ...

i started in V2 n hav not look back since ... a big fan myself for the manga n when it comes to arcade racing games this is the only game i play n will always play ... pinch2.gif

if u ask me bout the comparison with other racing games i can only say NONE coz when it comes to the physics n screen display it is one of the most unique n attractive out there of coz some mite differ but to me it is ...

for MT fans they have their reasons but initially i believe many started playing from IDAS so don't tell me words saying that IDAS is crap or something unless those who oni started playing last 2yrs or may be around age of 16-18 but for oldtimers like myself arcade gamers like me surely played IDAS at some point of their life ...

for those who r still active in IDAS i juz wanna share my thoughts wit u all n that is never give up n push yourself to the max in TAing or battles ... even tho V5 lack the popularity n features like the Japs once u r a true fan of INITIAL D the fire n spirits will still keep BURNING in U ... good luck n happy racing all smile.gif
Jerry Liu
Posted: Nov 3 2009, 03:22 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Nov 1 2009, 06:26 PM)

Just sitting there, on a straight road, with your foot planted on the gas, letting your horsepower do all the work for you. Gah. Boring.

You've obviously never touched Maximum Tune for more than 5 minutes.

This post has been edited by Jerry Liu on Nov 3 2009, 03:23 PM
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 10:07 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

apart from the great scenery and courses, one thing that makes ID great/stand out for me is that you can still be competitive in battles/TA's even with a bone stock car... unlike in WMMT, wherein you basically have to finish story mode to get all the tuning you need to do the other stuff like TA's, ghost battles, 10 outrun mode, and so on...

and another thing... with battles in ID, it's just you, your opponent, and the course... no traffic to worry about since the last thing you want in a battle is some running-at-a-constantly-slow-speed-van or car blocking your path...
*j*j*
Posted: Nov 4 2009, 09:08 PM

IDW Goldmember

and another thing... with battles in ID, it's just you, your opponent, and the course...

talking bout this battle in MT via 4 person especially when it is a team battle it does uses good blocking skills when team A is leading 1st n 2nd placing n when dirty tactics r used it will be very hard to win for team B ... i heard bout gang fights due to such battles down here in KL ...
N643
  Posted: Nov 8 2009, 01:11 AM

IDW Prime Member

as a retired id player i find that id just isn't as exciting as mt (maybe cuz i lost my id5 card)

& plus i like the traffic cuz if u know how 2 use it 2 ur advantage
Glocker
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 02:40 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,591

ID is TERRIBLE....if you want to play with other people. But it's great for TA freaks who can't get their hands on Battle Gear 4. smile.gif
LaLaLa
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 04:31 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,109

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Nov 1 2009, 06:26 PM)

Just sitting there, on a straight road, with your foot planted on the gas, letting your horsepower do all the work for you. Gah. Boring. Sure you gotta dodge other cars and there are a few turns, its just nowhere as fun as Initial D.

Ahh, I'm sorry but I have to say that you are wrong. Like what Jerry Liu said, I think what you are relating to is the very first episode. That is really boring. But after that, you will realise that it is actually quite fun. You have to play about 20 episodes and then it gets really fun, when you're around 600 hp. Going around the turns at extreme speeds while doging traffic and going against 3 opponents is fun.

I liked IDAS5 before a lot, but I like MT more... Sorry.
N643
  Posted: Nov 8 2009, 05:38 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Glocker @ 2 hours, 57 minutes ago)
ID is TERRIBLE....if you want to play with other people. But it's great for TA freaks who can't get their hands on Battle Gear 4. smile.gif

funny thing happen the other day, i live in canada & we have bg4 online & that day i saw 3 guys, & i know 1 of 3 cuz hes asking me questions a lot about the key

anyway heres the funny story, 1 of his buddys wanna try it out 4 the 1st time after seeing his buddy play akagi & when he jumped on he ask his buddy is there a akina map & his buddy said yes

& after choosing the H shifter his buddy said that akina not an easy map 2 play & he then that guy said "oh it's ok i know akina like the bad of my hand" & i said "but u said it's ur 1st time" & he said "well im an ID3 expert so i dun think the akina here & the akina in ID3 is much different" & i laugh lol
DigiBunny
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 05:49 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

QUOTE (N643 @ 10 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
funny thing happen the other day, i live in canada & we have bg4 online & that day i saw 3 guys, & i know 1 of 3 cuz hes asking me questions a lot about the key

anyway heres the funny story, 1 of his buddys wanna try it out 4 the 1st time after seeing his buddy play akagi & when he jumped on he ask his buddy is there a akina map & his buddy said yes

& after choosing the H shifter his buddy said that akina not an easy map 2 play & he then that guy said "oh it's ok i know akina like the bad of my hand" & i said "but u said it's ur 1st time" & he said "well im an ID3 expert so i dun think the akina here & the akina in ID3 is much different" & i laugh lol

That must have turned out nicely. >.>
Come to think of it, even now I've never gotten the grasp of BG4 physics. I always attempt to grip corners coming in at ID5 speeds...so yeah, doesnt work out all that well.

Another reason I've come to like ID5 over MT is the overall immersion the game can give you. Whenever I play MT, okay, yeah. I'm dodging traffic and rubbing against other cars for the lead. That DOES get the adrenalin pumping and make you anxious during the race.
Maybe it has something to do with the game's music, so this is personal preference; but having lyrics to your race songs gives it more excitement than fast paced techno thumping out of the speakers. It's great for what it does, but I dont develop a personal connection with the game.
Saint
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 07:23 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

Personally, I like IDAS more.

MT: Annoying traffics and 'accidents'. And need to spend A LOT MORE for tuning!!!

IDAS: Fun one to one racing. Needs a lot of thinking (when battling, like where to attack, to let him in front or not, blocking, etc) and skills on different maps.

I've always been an IDAS player though(used to be really active, now retired and play only once in a while). So, I'm biased towards IDAS. smile.gif

MT is realistic in a sense that you're racing on a highway with public cars around, and without horsepower, you can't really win unless your opponent sucks big time. And luck plays a role in it. Somehow that's a problem to me, cos even noobs can win if you don't have enough horsepower. IDAS is not as simple as that imo; you can still whoop the noob's ass, twice, provided you have better skills.

So, IDAS attracts me better.
N643
  Posted: Nov 8 2009, 07:38 AM

IDW Prime Member

digi that guy turn out doing pretty well in bg4 on akina

plus mt u do need 2 take a lot of skill & horsepower is nothing in mt cuz i can beat ppl with 680/grip while my opponents 720/balance-800/drift
Jerry Liu
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 03:05 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Member No.: 29,300

QUOTE (Saint @ 7 hours, 41 minutes ago)
Personally, I like IDAS more.

MT: Annoying traffics and 'accidents'. And need to spend A LOT MORE for tuning!!!

Are you serious?
Maximum Tune: 100 games to full tune.
Initial D: 210.
If you wanna throw dressup in there, it's still 230. I don't exactly consider that "A LOT" more.

This post has been edited by Jerry Liu on Nov 8 2009, 03:10 PM
Saint
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 03:41 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Really? Sorry I didn't know. I always get the impression that it needs a lot of money to tune from my friend.
HydE's High In T..
Posted: Nov 8 2009, 06:36 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,597

both game are great...seriously...but i like IDAS more because of it really take more than a horse power to take down your enemy...ya-ha! means if you are more skillful than your opponents, even though your car is stock and he's FT his car there is a chance of winning.....

and i like to play my gear up and down up and down...lol laugh.gif
N643
  Posted: Nov 8 2009, 10:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

ya but that does show why id is so great & plus if u can get beaten by a stock car then u would feel ashamed won't u
HydE's High In T..
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 02:20 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,597

true...but....no pain...no gain brother cool.gif

This post has been edited by HydE's High In The Sky on Nov 9 2009, 02:27 AM
N643
  Posted: Nov 9 2009, 04:56 PM

IDW Prime Member

i like how in mt u accept & refuse challenges but u can't do that in id4 & 5 cuz once u challenge some1 & u win then must continue with challenge on
Saint
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 05:02 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I used an 85 in IDAS3 back then to embarrass noobs who think they're superior just because they use RX8 or Evo4. Lol. Those were the days... rolleyes.gif

To add salt to the wound, my card name was 'Iggy'. LOL!!!

This post has been edited by Saint on Nov 9 2009, 05:04 PM
*j*j*
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 07:18 PM

IDW Goldmember

QUOTE (N643 @ 2 hours, 22 minutes ago)
i like how in mt u accept & refuse challenges but u can't do that in id4 & 5 cuz once u challenge some1 & u win then must continue with challenge on

hmmm it was the same bk in V2 n V3 days where u can accept n refuse challenges n i think is reli good that it was removed ... smile.gif

so now the bullies can't escaped challenges except if they r fast enuf to go to TA n FQ ... dry.gif

toking bout FT cars in MT n ID now is very different compared to previous V2 n V3 where many cloned cards were available n now it seems MT r doing the same ...

may b this is the reason y lots of ppl r playing MT n also for a selected few who can mk good $$$ out of selling cloned cards ... shifty2.gif

i believed Namco have learned a lot from Segarosso on IDV2 n V3 ... too bad after the break up of Segarosso the new international versions of ID r doing very badly except for the local JAP versions of which are benefitting from it with OLine for both battle n rankings n not forgetting bout the car tunings n avatar options ... dry.gif
tkrd48
Posted: Nov 9 2009, 08:01 PM

IDAS5 Team GT

Member No.: 34,011

It would be really good if the exp ver.. online with the neighboring country i.e. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong n even Philippines this would make things interesting smile.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3