Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Key Ring

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 27,187  ·  Replies: 79 
> Pet Peeves While Driving, Things that make me want to punch pillow
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 8 2015, 06:01 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

I've been driving for a couple of years and I'm positive that you guys have been driving longer than me, but there are a ton of things that bug the ever living daylights out of me... I use driving as a form of stress relief because I get to go around and see new places while listening to my music. There are times though where a good drive goes bad because of an idiot. Now I'm just wondering if anyone else shares the same pet peeves as I do:

People driving too close to me
    People going 40mph in a 60mph zone
    Those who do not use their turn signals
    Drivers that think it's ok to cut in front of someone for no reason
    People who brake too late
    Rubber neckers
    People who turn right but refuse to move closer to the curb to compete their turn thus talking up the entire street
    Those who slow down for no apparent reason
    People who leave football field wide gaps between them and the car in front while driving on the freeway
    People who use cell phones while driving and are stupid obvious about it
    Those at red lights who do not make room for me to squeeze into the turn lane even though there is space for them to move up and let me pass
    Stupid ricers
    Slammed cars that need to go over speed bumps diagonally because they are so low
    Raised trucks that conveniently shine their headlights right into my eyes
    Idiots that constantly use high beams for no reason
    Unnatural modifications to cars that make them look hella ugly
    Loud cars
    Smelly exhaust
    Loud and disgusting music that shouldn't exist pouring out of random vehicles
    Motorcycles that come up out of nowhere during traffic jams and lane split thus coming dangerously close to knocking your sideview mirrors off
    Drivers who can't see past their steering wheel (small people driving big cars)
    Those that wear driving gloves and visors that obstruct any form of peripheral vision because they don't want to get drivers tans
    Those who perform rolling stops

That's all I can think of right now. Feel free to add what makes you mad. It probably makes me mad too. smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 06:10 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 9 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Stupid ricers
Slammed cars that need to go over speed bumps diagonally because they are so low
Unnatural modifications to cars that make them look hella ugly

These are just funny though.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Sensation!
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 07:25 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

I don't have much of a choice in the lowered car department.
I'd like to go higher, but short of pre-load, I'm at the highest I can go. It doesn't help my front bumper has a ridiculous air dam built into it.

My pet peeve? Poorly modified lifted trucks and the people who drive them like sports cars. There's seriously nothing more dangerous on the road.

If you're gonna lift your truck or SUV for off-road, do it properly. Actual suspension modifications and brakes please. There's a certain height you can lift your vehicle where if i'll notice your diff height is still a foot off the ground; you're being moved to the retard bin.

Proper suspension and proper brakes with some actual ground clearance? Only then do you own an actual performance vehicle.

People who leave football field wide gaps between them and the car in front while driving on the freeway

Disagree with this. People drive stick you know.
Not to mention, by being close, you're only simulating congestion.
If the freeway allows for one person to drive at the same speed (speed limit and over only) as the person ahead of them, but still leave over 2 car lengths, then the freeway is free to move and shouldn't be considered congested.

Why do I make this out to be a big deal? LA traffic is most prone to stating in 3 ways, could be a mixture of these, just takes one of them halt the entire road.
1. an accident
2. rubbernecking
3. tailgaters

Why tailgaters? No one is perfect, and brakes lights don't have a gradient as to how hard they're being pressed. When you leave a car length or less between the car in front of you and you're going over 70mph, the response to brake lights is always going to be an over response. It has to be.

Unless you brake at the same exact time, you have less than 10 feet to make up a potential 2-10 MPH difference. So when you have a string of people that follow a length or less from each other and braking occurs, you get a progressive amount of slow down in a chain until someone ends up going way under the speed limit, depending on how bad the initial braking was of course.

The only person keeping his lane moving is the guy who chose to stay far away and doesn't have to hit his brakes for another 30+ feet.

Point is, if the freeway is freely moving, there's actually no point to packing so tightly, you're actually simulating congestion by doing so. You can still drive at the same speed (or faster) than the car in front of you so the difference in time is negligible, and because you're moving, your 'footprint' in congestion is not as high as you think. Especially in LA where the population will congest the freeways during rush hour regardless, only then does packing make sense, you're forced to do it anyway since the freeway wont move for miles.

Out of rush hour? Traffic in LA is always caused by stupid reasons, and more often than not, some guy cutting someone off which leads to a braking train, which in turn creates the opportunity for the aforementioned 3 ways to la traffic to boil over and make a mess.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Dec 8 2015, 08:05 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 07:52 PM

matter intangible

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,779

I have one pet peeve that rules out ALL pet peeves imo.

Driving in Los Angeles with low profile tires and in traffic
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 8 2015, 08:24 PM

Patient Zero

I'm speaking in terms of me living in the middle of nowhere. There is very little traffic in my area and if you go out late enough, there are close to no cars on the road. My pet peeve is when there are literally no cars on the freeway and a person is going 60mph in the fast lane. And what bothers me even more is when they don't move over.

When I find myself being the person going slower in the fast lane while a car is approaching me on an empty freeway, I have enough goodness in my heart to move over and let the faster guy pass me.

r35gtr
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 08:25 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 46,063

a guy in a brand new car who thinks he is soo cool
a car with lots of sticker brands of modifications that are not installed in his car
if you are driving, a dude will drive past you and post on you tube that he smoked a Porsche/gtr
when my wife wants to talk on the phone even if I am driving. she will tell me "oh this will take a minute" but her plan is to talk to me till I arrive in our driveway
Riders/passengers who would ride with you and bring in food.... and will not share his French fries but is willing to share his drink after he salivated on the straw
Sensation!
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 09:02 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 38 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
I'm speaking in terms of me living in the middle of nowhere. There is very little traffic in my area and if you go out late enough, there are close to no cars on the road. My pet peeve is when there are literally no cars on the freeway and a person is going 60mph in the fast lane. And what bothers me even more is when they don't move over.

When I find myself being the person going slower in the fast lane while a car is approaching me on an empty freeway, I have enough goodness in my heart to move over and let the faster guy pass me.

My feelings for congestion apply anywhere.
Don't be mad at the person making space, be mad at the guy driving under the speed limit lol
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 09:05 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

New BMW drivers.
r35gtr
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 09:14 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 9 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
New BMW drivers.

Ouch, why is that?
sushiyummy32
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 09:19 PM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 54 minutes, 14 seconds ago)

Riders/passengers who would ride with you and bring in food.... and will not share his French fries but is willing to share his drink after he salivated on the straw

One of my friends had a drink and when he finished with it he dumped it in the glove box. Also he keeps asking people to taxi him. Fuck his shit never letting him in my car again I want to save on gas by having 60kg less of a bag of meat.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 09:49 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

If bikes lane splitting is an issue, move out of CA. It's still not entirely legal there, merely allowed due to existing traffic problems.

Every other state explicitly makes lane splitting / filtering illegal.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
r35gtr
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 10:00 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (sushiyummy32 @ 40 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
One of my friends had a drink and when he finished with it he dumped it in the glove box. Also he keeps asking people to taxi him. Fuck his shit never letting him in my car again I want to save on gas by having 60kg less of a bag of meat.

hahaha I am sure if it were a pretty girl, your attitude would do a 180 degree turn .

another pet peeve of mine is passengers who are ridding for free but would like to plug in his/her ipod to your radio to play her music.

If it were gun's and roses, aerosmith or eurobeat , then it is ok. but if "I just met you, this is crazy.. here is my number.. call me maybe" arggghhh!!! then it is on repeat !!

about lane splitting on motorcycles, why do you guys hate it? I understand if the rider hits your car but if he did not hit you, why are you mad? is it because you feel he cheated on you by not falling in line?

This post has been edited by r35gtr on Dec 8 2015, 10:01 PM
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 10:09 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Those who do not use their turn signals

This one is the biggest peeve. THEY HAVE IT ON THERE FOR A FREAKING REASON. USE IT YOU *three minute long explicit rant*!
xiao
Posted: Dec 8 2015, 10:26 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (r35gtr)

user posted image

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2)
People who use cell phones while driving and are stupid obvious about it

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66vI_p2FB4s )

XD!!

QUOTE (r35gtr)
but if "I just met you, this is crazy.. here is my number.. call me maybe" arggghhh!!! then it is on repeat !!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1152. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2)
Pet Peeves While Driving, Things that make me want to punch pillow

Cops... awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 12:23 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 2 hours, 23 minutes ago)
hahaha I am sure if it were a pretty girl, your attitude would do a 180 degree turn .

The hell it would. You fuckin' spill a drink in my car and I'm gonna get pissed no matter what gender you are.

Pet peeves...hm.

People who drive fast cars slow (like people who are driving a Mercedes coupe and brake under the speed limit to take a freeway offramp).

People who don't use turn signals.

People who rush to cut me off then slow down to slower than I was already going.

People who drive massive vehicles but cannot maneuver/park them.

People who drive big trucks with misaligned headlights.

S'about it I think.
Tuskano
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 12:30 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

QUOTE (Tessou @ 2 hours, 40 minutes ago)
If bikes lane splitting is an issue, move out of CA. It's still not entirely legal there, merely allowed due to existing traffic problems.

True. I only learned of this when I moved to Washington state. CA is only "legal" because there is nothing in the handbook saying it is illegal.

Mine is probably the lifted trucks who blind me in my mirrors with LED lights.

But for a new one... Oregon drivers. Either 5-10 under the speed limit, or speeding and deciding to tailgate me as if in a rush.
PandaApex
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 12:31 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
People who drive massive vehicles but cannot maneuver/park them.

Suddenly I am reminded of that time you took the parking spot of some woman who was doing a 13 point turn to get her SUV in rear first.

Aside from turn signals, I'm not sure if I'm in the wrong but: When I make a dual left turn in the outside lane for the turn, and person on the inside proceed to go wide and always come close to my car. And then proceeds to honk at me for existing and being able to make my boat turn faster than they could on the inside without breaking my line.

Or the people who think they are fucking entitled to the entirety of the road no matter what. Been honked at by a G35 who was rolling down the parking lot as I was carefully rolling out. They kinda just increased their honking pace instead of slowing down. Legit they saw me backing out 40 ft away and were going at their horn.
Same thing with a guy who was: A. Backing out of his parking space, B. facing a stop sign before going either direction, C. not moving forwards at all. All while I was rolling in from the main road and without a stop sign telling me to complete stop. Honked like mad at me, because he couldn't launch from his parking spot and roll pass the stop sign without caring. rolleyes.gif
Tuskano
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 12:38 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

QUOTE (PandaApex @ 6 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Suddenly I am reminded of that time you took the parking spot of some woman who was doing a 13 point turn to get her SUV in rear first.

Yes! Makes me happy that I have such a maneuverable minitruck.

New one that I just remembered happen today. Left turn turn signals that don't turn green and skip me for like 3 revolutions because I am either too light to set off their sensor or the sensor is just messed up.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 12:45 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (PandaApex @ 13 minutes, 28 seconds ago)

Hahaha, when I took a straight-on parking spot in the Maverick because for all intents and purposes it looked like the Mercedes-Benz SUV was ignoring the spot because there was no conceivable way for it to get to that spot by turning? I loved that.

"Didn't you see we were parking there?"

"No."

"Well we were."

"If you say so. You drove right past it on the right."

"How did you think we were going to park in that spot if we didn't drive past!?"

"Exactly. I didn't think you were going to because that's an impossible turn."

Of course then you had him standing outside my car like a macho man while his barely-speaks-English wife shouts improperly-articulated curses at me with their child in the car, and me just chilling in my 3000-pound death-machine waiting for them to leave...ah, good times, good times.

Yeah, let's add parking lot fucktards to the list. It only really bugs me at school though, like when someone gets to their car, gets in, then just sits and chills for like ten minutes before leaving. Like, hello, there are tons of people who need to park. If you're leaving, get in your damn car and leave! If you're not leaving, then signal it!
PandaApex
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 12:47 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

QUOTE (Tuskano @ 9 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Yes! Makes me happy that I have such a maneuverable minitruck.

I think her SUV was more maneuverable than my boat of a car, and I would of done the park job in one swoop. Two tries, max (in my car).

I guess the next one would be people forcing a merge on the highway during traffic by shoving their whole front end into a small gap, without signalling, and then proceeding to go super slow (with other cars merging in front of them) after merging in. Like, could you please just stay in your slow lane instead of being hella in my face so early in the morning? facepalm.gif
sushiyummy32
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 01:24 AM

DotA Kiwi

Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 3 hours, 24 minutes ago)

another pet peeve of mine is passengers who are ridding for free but would like to plug in his/her ipod to your radio to play her music.

If it were gun's and roses, aerosmith or eurobeat , then it is ok. but if "I just met you, this is crazy.. here is my number.. call me maybe" arggghhh!!! then it is on repeat !!

about lane splitting on motorcycles, why do you guys hate it? I understand if the rider hits your car but if he did not hit you, why are you mad? is it because you feel he cheated on you by not falling in line?

though i never had a pretty girl in my car im pretty sure i would not like them to leave rubbish in my car. Neither am i a taxi because it costs $100+ to fill it up.
xiao
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 01:43 AM

moon bunny

Hrmm... I see a good number of people saying people that don't use their turn signals. I used to fly under the same flag, until one day it just snapped on my forehead like a Sanwa Street Fighter button...

Pilots in JGTC cars don't use turn signals; why do I get mad at some scatterbrained chap for driving like he's the Baron Dog from Wacky Races? Ever since then I just assume every vehicle, no matter how innocent and/or pikachu~mobile it looks like, is out to collide their car against mine. Once I had that down, seeing people drive like they're on Half-Life 2 goofy-mode ice-physics... no blinkers, cutting, sudden breaking, honking, etc... didn't phase me anymore. Like getting mad at a Touhou Bullet Rain, or the raindrops for falling on my head~ If I'm fast and alert enough, I won't need to dodge their cars... I can simply just dance around them~ ♪

My favourite Initial D episode is 'Blind Attack', sure because Takumi's headlight switch-trick is pretty neat to watch, but mainly because I admire Tomo's character. Takumi got pissed off because he bumpernickled his boot right at the apex; but had it been the other way around, ie. Him bumping Tomoyuki's Honda-box... Tomo would have probably had the widest grin on his face... because that's what he's used to.

Once I got used to thinking that every motorist has the capacity of an LEO to rear-end your vehicle, regardless of care for this hypothetical criminal's life, simply to make your car come to a halting stop by any and all means possible... once I got used to the idea that any car and thing on the road can at any moment ram me to a tumbling~roll forget about my car, now it's my life in the air... not using turn signals didn't seem like much of a hazard.

To me, no one has turn signals, so I don't expect them... to me, everyone is out to kill you, intentionally or not, so I expect them.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 9 2015, 02:21 AM

Patient Zero

I sometimes have crappy parking jobs so I don't know if I have a right to be mad at those people. I've found parking in my Subie to very easy because it's smaller than my Accord. I thus have a bigger margin for error. tongue.gif

I don't feel cheated when motorcycles lane split. I just get mad when they hit my car when I'm stopped in traffic them proceed to get mad at me because they are scrubs.

IT IS 2 IN THE MORNING AND I JUST WOKE UP TO THIS DISGUSTING THOUGHT. PEOPLE WITH WHITE HEADLIGHTS. THEY SHOULD NOT EXIST AND I HOPE THAT THEY ALL DIE BECAUSE OF FIERY POOPS. A 371O4826X MULTIPLIER IF THEY ARE MISALIGNED AND SHINE DIRECTLY INTO MY EYES. Don't those turds realize that brighter colored headlights don't make you look cooler? You just look like a tool with them and it shows me that you want to die when they aren't even aimed at the street.

Sorry for the caps, those people make me truly mad.

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Dec 9 2015, 02:21 AM
xiao
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 02:47 AM

moon bunny

D'awww dun worry, Honda-sensei~ I hate those refrigerator-lights too... xD

I mean we could make an argument that they're using those Plutonium-Xenon lamps to make it look like an operating table, because they're surgical with their car on the corners, and their last name ends with an MD... online2long.gif

But nah... those mofos are just trying to look bling. They need to be put right-smack face on their bumper to teach them how annoying baseball stadium lights are when 5 feet away from your eyeballs! O__O!/

...it's 3:45 here & I got work at 10:00AM... if I let my head fall on my keyboard one more time... it's gonna look like I'm one of those guys that pay their cats to blog for them. derp.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 06:57 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 9 hours, 34 minutes ago)
Ouch, why is that?

I have never known an owner of a new BMW not to be a complete prick.

QUOTE (r35gtr @ 8 hours, 49 minutes ago)

Seconding the answer "no" to this. Should be common sense.

For everyone dissatisfied with others' parking abilities, I always keep a few of these in my wallet just in case:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2310 x 3060. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

You're welcome.

4 Pages  1 2 3 »