Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Ken Blast - When The Sun Goes Down

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,758  ·  Replies: 28 
> Suzuki Thread, Cappuccino Please . . .
DROMOS
  Posted: May 16 2009, 03:42 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,359

Hello Capp drivers and fellow IDW members!
Feel free to post your comments, questions, rants and raves on the Suzuki Cappuccino (EA11R) in IDAS 5

Well, here goes . . .

I actually have an FC on my card but I was introducing 3 of my friends to IDAS 5 yesterday. My first race was with a Mazda RX-8 (SE3P) on Happo Inbound Wet , as my friend picked the random course battle.
The first thing that surprised me was how stable the Capp felt compared to the FC . Now of course it was rain and I overcompensated a number of times and got some oversteer, but the stable feel of the car was a total surprise to me.
And yes, it was crazy doing blind attacks in the rain tongue.gif

Later as I was doing the free play after a battle, a guy linked up and set it for Akagi downhill dry, using an Evo IX. Good thing he didn't step on the brake, so it was boost on.
I had to keep in mind that this car is so much more maneuverable than the FC, after a couple of oversteer incidents, especially one at the V-turn. But again, the stable feel was there. And the ultimate icing on the cake was beating the Evo smile.gif

To sum it up, I think the Capp has lots of potential for downhill courses in this game, just be mindful that you don't push your steering over the limit.
DigiBunny
Posted: May 16 2009, 04:41 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

It sounds like it's only good for Boost On battles though. Was that the power difference, or just your mistakes?
strioch
Posted: May 16 2009, 04:55 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 32,557

Havent tried the Capp myself, but a friend of mine says that its more stable in the WET than most FR

Well its an amazing little Roadster laugh.gif
DROMOS
  Posted: May 16 2009, 10:42 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 29,359

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Today, 4:41 AM)
It sounds like it's only good for Boost On battles though. Was that the power difference, or just your mistakes?

Well, I guess the oversteer was due to my mistakes tongue.gif However, the Evo IX guy was also slipping and sliding a bit, and I'm wondering if boost on lowers the grip on some corners.

Also, don't expect to out-start most anything else . . . but Capp vs. MRS? blink.gif

I did lose to an EK9 on Iro downhill dry, boost off, but that was because I wasn't familiar enough with the map. Anyways if it's driven to the limit, this is what you'll get:

-3'06''129 Iro dh dry EA11R
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmUUZU9lhs
(From the ID5 Videos page, https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=37429 )

This post has been edited by DROMOS on May 16 2009, 10:48 PM
Rei.G
Posted: May 17 2009, 06:00 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

capp is capable of 3'04"7 on iro dh.
3'06 is definetly not the limit. however, the vid is a very good references on how to play irohazaka.
J]-[UN
Posted: May 17 2009, 06:12 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 5,953

How to 04 with mr2 as well? @__@
Rei.G
Posted: May 17 2009, 06:16 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (J]-[UN @ 4 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
How to 04 with mr2 as well? @__@

i also want to know how pinch2.gif
i practically gave up on iro dh, too hard to break my current time.
N643
Posted: May 21 2009, 03:42 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

is the capp really any good cuz if so im gonna sell the card i have which is supra & get a card call n643 & stick with a good'old capp since i can been using it since id3
DigiBunny
Posted: May 21 2009, 05:43 PM

Reading is magic!

It...does make a little bit of sense. It's a Kei car that weighs a little more than half a ton, so I suppose that would make it stable in the sense that there's little weight to throw around and regain control over from inertia.

I'm going to try this over my RX8. I'll post what I find sometime next week.
art84
Posted: May 30 2009, 07:43 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 32,357

I am just concerned with capp having a reputation of a underdog car. Due to its slow straight road accleration. Hence you have to be a much more skilled player to beat another driver who has a good acceleration car.
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 21 2009, 04:46 AM

Reading is magic!

So I drove it down Iro dry.

And as long as you have a general grasp of what you're doing, this car makes your whole life so much easier. Compared to a regular sized coupe, the capp's small size makes it all too simple to navigate a tight hairpin and sticks to the inside like it was bolted on. Very little drift from this bugger; and I was able to get within two seconds of my best time with the RX8.
And that was with quite a few obvious mistakes.

I do find the really loud turbo kicking in at the higher RPMs funny. Paint it black, give it a fierce looking bodykit, and you've basically got a noise machine that can pull two mind games at once during a blind attack!
LaLaLa
Posted: Jul 22 2009, 03:30 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,109

I tried the capp before down Nagao DHD, and I found acclerating kinda slow...

Oh well, maybe I just don't know how to use it's full potential.
DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 22 2009, 05:17 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

Hey digibunny! I'll pit my capp against your RX8 ok? Pls? Dont worry it practically DIES on uphill maps. I wanna challenge myself a bit with this car. When we meeting up?
DigiBunny
Posted: Jul 22 2009, 05:35 AM

Reading is magic!

But she ain't FT!

I'll see if I can pull a friday after school. ( Or better; if a certain someone I know wants to go too, then there's absolutley NO problem! ) I'm not exactly capable of moving throughout the Philippines, but I have hiked through a typhoon and flooded streets just to play near G4.

That should be interesting though; I'll get to see if the Goddess can take uphill at all. She's always been a DH car.
Then again with you driving, I'm probably going to be feeling stupid watching a small kei car pass me on the gutters.

DamienWolf
Posted: Jul 22 2009, 06:02 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

My capp's only got 7-0-0-0-0. laugh.gif

And trust me when I say it dies on the uphill, I mean it DIES on the uphill. grin2.gif
john_takumi86
Posted: Jul 23 2009, 07:09 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 31,217

^

I didn't know about that... pinch2.gif

You have a capp...seems it's more interesting to watch coz I haven't seen a driver who drives that car in ID5...hehe...happy.gif
McKwack
Posted: Aug 4 2009, 08:09 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

I missed my Capp... sad.gif

I played a Capp in IDAS 4, and was originally intended to make it my primary car in IDAS 5 as well.. But, I felt bored (and, like Wolf said, it really, really dies in uphill), so I made a R34 instead.. sad.gif

Well, my 2nd car will be another Capp, a red one, complete with the whole Suzuki Sports body kit collection.. tongue.gif
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Aug 9 2009, 08:02 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

Is it that bad? I don't really feel it so .. Or rather, I notice the "underpowerness" but the coffee car isn't really like that much of a gone f*** on the uphill.

But yeah, A real lining machine. grin2.gif
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Aug 10 2009, 04:26 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Capp is currently third best car on Nagao UH....so its not THAT bad in the uphill.....
raywind
Posted: Aug 24 2009, 08:06 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 15,242

hi i'm an old player (played since v3) but new to ID5.

my capp is still at 2-2-2-2-2 if i'm not mistaken.

yeah, accel is always an issue. i just cant beat takumi on nagao yesterday. he always passed me on the last corner.

what did i do wrong?
Josh_256
Posted: Aug 24 2009, 09:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 32,693

QUOTE (raywind @ 1 hour, 4 minutes ago)
hi i'm an old player (played since v3) but new to ID5.

my capp is still at 2-2-2-2-2 if i'm not mistaken.

yeah, accel is always an issue. i just cant beat takumi on nagao yesterday. he always passed me on the last corner.

what did i do wrong?

maybe you're driving too fast in some parts, so you don't have enough boost in last corner tongue.gif

btw, cappu is a nice car... very good on tricky course... w00t2.gif and it has 'blender' like sound engine laugh.gif
want to try step 7'd cappu... look's fun... pinch2.gif
McKwack
Posted: Aug 27 2009, 05:22 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

QUOTE (Josh_256 @ Aug 24 2009, 09:11 PM)
maybe you're driving too fast in some parts, so you don't have enough boost in last corner tongue.gif

btw, cappu is a nice car... very good on tricky course...  w00t2.gif and it has 'blender' like sound engine  laugh.gif
want to try step 7'd cappu... look's fun... pinch2.gif

My cappa from 4 has already been upgraded to step 7. Unfortunately, this time around I started with BNR34 instead... sad.gif

My initial plan was to start upgrading my cappa only after I finished the LoTS battles at least once with my R34, but... I'm beginning to change my mind and plan to start upgrading my cappa after I finish upgrading my R34 to engine step 7...

I missed my cappa... crying2.gif
Poznanman
Posted: Sep 12 2009, 08:47 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 29,438

I love my little Capp so much. It's my favorite car to drive in the game. I can't wait till it's fully upgraded to Step 7, but that is going to take some time.

I haven't raced in many uphill battles, so I can't really complain about the Capp being underpowered. Everything so far has been great. If only my skills were more fine tuned. unsure.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Randy
Posted: Sep 12 2009, 11:36 PM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Member No.: 32,890

Tried at least a few times the Capp on Tsukuba OB and Nagao DH.

My gosh, that car's handling is EXTREME. ohmy.gif

I always tend to oversteer the car by accident while nailing the gutters there. And that thing seemed more like flying than turning for me. It's so freakin' light that I am actually quite scared of the car's traction control. blink.gif

But nonetheless, it has its undeniable advantage on DH or OB courses. When I try to use it to go against Team 246's Omiya Satoshi in Nagao DH, I smoked him easily without breaking a sweat.

Pretty cool car. smile.gif

Might plan to get one if I DO have money to make new cards. LOL (Didn't plan on giving up my new love-car "ZZW30")

This post has been edited by Randy on Sep 12 2009, 11:36 PM
HydE's High In T..
Posted: Oct 8 2009, 05:19 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,597

yah...got try 1 cappu at akagi UH and on happo OB...nice cornering, less accel
nice car 2...wonder who's alrdy FT it 'round here? cool.gif

2 Pages  1 2