Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Megamix

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,231  ·  Replies: 45 
> Takumi vs Keisuke?, What the hell Shigeno
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 28 2016, 07:32 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Can't believe I never posted in this thread, because that was one of my biggest complaints with how the series ended. There's no way Shigeno just forgot to do it, he must have either wanted to leave it an open question of who would win, or just was too lazy by the end of the series (or both).
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Oct 28 2016, 09:25 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,633

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 52 minutes ago)
Can't believe I never posted in this thread, because that was one of my biggest complaints with how the series ended. There's no way Shigeno just forgot to do it, he must have either wanted to leave it an open question of who would win, or just was too lazy by the end of the series (or both).

No he didn't forget it. He was just too lazy to write it.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 1102. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Source: Mangafox
xiao
  Posted: Oct 29 2016, 10:34 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 9:32 PM)

Goku = Takumi | Vegeta = Keisuke

...and we all know who won that battle...

Akira Toriyama rolling in all dat cash-money DBZ fangirls like me gave him & Funimation w00t2.gif $$$

Shigeno is one evil motherfscker ~ shifty2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
eatsuki
Posted: Oct 29 2016, 12:32 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ Yesterday, 9:25 PM)
No he didn't forget it. He was just too lazy to write it.

http://h.mfcdn.net/store/manga/134/48-718....ressed/b009.jpg

Source: Mangafox

I can't see your image.

Agreed, I'm inclined to believe that it's laziness that prompted Shigeno to omit that rematch.

BUT, that opens the door for some new Initial D far in the future.

Like Xiao said, who knows, maybe in 10-15 years there will be a continuation of Initial D, like how Dragon Ball Super resurrected the franchise.

Even a 3rd stage style movie with 2 races, one being Takumi vs Keisuke. In 10 years the nostalgia factor might make this movie profitable
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Oct 30 2016, 08:29 AM

IDW Senior Member

In that page Keisuke asks everyone if anyone's interested in seeing him and Takumi have a race, no one replies positively.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
xiao
  Posted: Oct 30 2016, 01:50 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (eatsuki @ Yesterday, 2:32 PM)
Like Xiao said, who knows, maybe in 10-15 years there will be a continuation of Initial D, like how Dragon Ball Super resurrected the franchise.

I said that...? w00t2.gif ~ I wouldn't read too much into xiao's posts eatsuki-senpai ~ half the time he can't tell a coherent English sentence from his butt man-boobies ~ laugh.gif fufufu! shifty2.gif

Yes Initial D will be resurected as a totally awesome Train Anime™ about Multiple Rail Slides and Puppet Conductors. awesome.gif

~ Obama fo'shizzle! user posted image

This post has been edited by xiao on Oct 30 2016, 02:04 PM
RickkyyP
Posted: Nov 6 2016, 10:03 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,137

It kind of annoyed me the way that in the end Shigeno just lost interest.

A bit like Hunter x Hunter, brilliant manga until the author decided to make 2 year hiatus's between every ten releases, it's been that long that I can't get into it any more, maybe because I'm older.

Things that bothered me:
- The ending, I guess he wanted to end the 86, but spinning to finish first. C'mon. And I get its supposed to be like he's racing himself a few years ago but considering how much he improved since then he should have won easily. especially since his 86 is far more tuned than the other.

- The Takumi - Kesiku rematch. IMO Takumi wins the downhill, uphill is kind of irrelevant while he drives the 86.

- Takumis dream. I remember him telling Natsuki that he wants to become a professional racing driver, when he talks with her by the lake. In the end Kesikue becomes a racing driver and he drives a lorry. I don't by that his unique style is only good for mountain passes. Speed is speed.

-A race in the Impreza (would have been cool.)

5th and Final stage were not really that good. The 4th was pretty good, but to me the first will always be king.
Tessou
Posted: Nov 6 2016, 01:36 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (RickkyyP @ 3 hours, 32 minutes ago)
It kind of annoyed me the way that in the end Shigeno just lost interest.

Like almost every artist that's worked on one piece of art for over a decade? There's only so much you can do with essentially three characters in a narrow genre like racing. Go professional? Race Bunta? Yaoi? It all ends up being the same story with a slightly different ending and/or twist, every time. Maybe this guy will spin out and piss readers off with the soft ending. Maybe Takumi will sneeze and lose two meters of his lead.

It doesn't really matter. I said it a long time ago: Purple Shadow was the zenith. It was an eventuality that a racing manga would find a plateau and end up eventually going back downhill.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
  Posted: Nov 6 2016, 03:20 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 42 minutes ago)
Yaoi?

Purple Shadow

... w00t2.gif ~ I'd bet my golden candies that someone's already a doujin outta that one bruv~ laugh.gif
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Nov 7 2016, 10:11 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 3:20 PM)
... w00t2.gif ~ I'd bet my golden candies that someone's already a doujin outta that one bruv~ laugh.gif

Keisuke X Ryosuke is already official IIRC.

xiao
Posted: Nov 8 2016, 10:28 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ Yesterday, 12:11 AM)
Keisuke X Ryosuke is already official IIRC.

e'www gey incest... !! user posted image

I'd rather see Tak & Keisuke boink or Papa Benz & Natsukiz ~ than bro-on-bro action... yucky.gif

Only sis-on-bro incest is wincest! cool.gif
Meteor
Posted: Nov 9 2016, 02:33 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Keisuke X Ryousuke is about as official as Takumi getting a Bugatti Veyron. The twitter for the Legend movies put up Valentines' Day art of those two being all sexy for the ladies, but that's as far as it got.
RickkyyP
Posted: Nov 21 2016, 07:38 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,137

QUOTE (Tessou @ Nov 6 2016, 01:36 PM)
It doesn't really matter. I said it a long time ago: Purple Shadow was the zenith. It was an eventuality that a racing manga would find a plateau and end up eventually going back downhill.

Agree with you here.

Purple Shadow were also arguably the two opponents that they never actually beat.

Takumi won because God Hand threw up. Keisuke won because God Foot decided to give him a chance and make it a combined up and downhill.

I particularly liked the reasoning behind God Hands record line, a lot more plausible than Takumis teleportation device.

I remember when I first watched 4th stage many years ago that it felt a bit too much on the racing and not enough of the side characters, Iketani and Itsuki etc, in hindsight its the best stage barring 1.
Taryn
Posted: Jan 1 2017, 07:59 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 42,890

QUOTE (RickkyyP @ Nov 21 2016, 07:38 AM)
Agree with you here.

Purple Shadow were also arguably the two opponents that they never actually beat.

Takumi won because God Hand threw up. Keisuke won because God Foot decided to give him a chance and make it a combined up and downhill.

I particularly liked the reasoning behind God Hands record line, a lot more plausible than Takumis teleportation device.

I remember when I first watched 4th stage many years ago that it felt a bit too much on the racing and not enough of the side characters, Iketani and Itsuki etc, in hindsight its the best stage barring 1.

Honestly this is why I loved the first stage. You got to see the side characters race and practice, Takumi wasn't completely serious all the time.

After that, when you get to fourth stage it becomes Dues Ex Takumi. He always wins because of something stupid the other guy did, and he doesn't seem to take what they do and improve himself like he did early on.

I find that Stage 4 might still have rewatch value, but aside from watching Stage 5 just to find out how the story ends I haven't rewatched it at all despite going back for more of the earlier stuff.

God, I don't know what it was about 1st Stage (other than the best character designs) that gets me so hyped but I always have to watch the whole season once I start. And now that I'm a mechanic by trade I always make my buddies watch it with me by bribing them with beer and pizza. I love the race between Takumi and Impact Blue in both the manga and the anime. But I can't think of any 5th stage races that really stick out for me.
Tessou
Posted: Jan 1 2017, 08:34 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Taryn @ 35 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
And now that I'm a mechanic by trade I always make my buddies watch it with me by bribing them with beer and pizza.

How do those two things correlate?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
GoodOldGunman
Posted: Jan 2 2017, 04:29 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Taryn @ 8 hours, 30 minutes ago)
I can't think of any 5th stage races that really stick out for me.

Shinigami vs Ryosuke was the only race holding up to the standards set by the earlier stages imo.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 2 2017, 07:33 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman @ 3 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Shinigami vs Ryosuke was the only race holding up to the standards set by the earlier stages imo.

Pretty much this. The only things Fifth Stage had going for it were the introduction of Mika / Project. D imposters, and Shinigami.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 2 2017, 12:56 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 5 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Pretty much this. The only things Fifth Stage had going for it were the introduction of Mika / Project. D imposters, and Shinigami.

What about the FD vs NSX race? I thought it was amongst one of the things Fifth Stage had going for it as well.
Taryn
Posted: Jan 2 2017, 01:29 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 42,890

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 8:34 PM)
How do those two things correlate?

They probably don't, but I like having friends over.

QUOTE (GoodOldGunman)

Is that the one where his brakes go out and Ryosuke and another guy get in front of him to stop him from flying off a cliff?

This post has been edited by Taryn on Jan 2 2017, 01:34 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 2 2017, 02:27 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Yes, that would be the one with Ryosuke in his modified FC (with a new spoiler, hood, changed headlights) racing Shinigami in his GT-R R32 with Ikeda in his 350Z following them.
Meteor
Posted: Jan 3 2017, 02:14 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

What about the FD vs NSX race? I thought it was amongst one of the things Fifth Stage had going for it as well.

Reduced to nothing the exact moment Keisuke began teleporting over and over.
And even without that, it wouldn't have been much more than two cars chasing each other until one of the supposedly super good drivers spins out (not just gets a little too sideways; full on spins out) by doing something a driver of that level would never do (try to go full blast through a turn after already messing up the entry to the point you literally can't). There was very little of the attention to detail that the better races in the series had - not in how the two racers drove or in what techniques, strategies and/or factors ultimately decided the end result.
And that's without getting into the mostly unexciting directing and the wildly inconsistent way the cars were animated. The music was the only thing it really had going for it.

I guess it was better than some of the other races in Fifth Stage, but I can't really see it as an actual high-point.

2 Pages  1 2