Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing King & Queen - Dancing Queen

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

29 Pages  « 25 26 27 28 29  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 251,056  ·  Replies: 724 
> Questions and Answers, From trivial to complex questions
Banken
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 05:07 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,465

^There's always someone faster. Or at least, someone who has spent more money. Unless you're an F1 champion...
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 05:09 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (Banken @ 2 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
^There's always someone faster. Or at least, someone who has spent more money. Unless you're an F1 champion...

Ya true, I did used "most probably" so not 100%. You know what they say, "there's always a higher mountain somewhere out there".
Saxifrage
Posted: Nov 11 2012, 11:17 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

You meant “一山还有一山高” tongue.gif
About this who invented the touge rule thing,I believe it isn't just one person who came up with the rules but all the racers.Say they discuss until they come to an agreement.
dorkster
Posted: Nov 25 2012, 10:35 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,512

Q: what are the touge rules that are existing right now? like i wanted to know all of them and also what are the differences between the touge and in the actual drift competitions that are so famous nowadays? smile.gif thanks in advance!
Vortrex
Posted: Nov 25 2012, 10:41 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

QUOTE (dorkster @ 5 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Q: what are the touge rules that are existing right now? like i wanted to know all of them and also what are the differences between the touge and in the actual drift competitions that are so famous nowadays? smile.gif thanks in advance!

I think there the same. Only other car conditions.
Banken
Posted: Nov 25 2012, 06:21 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (dorkster @ 7 hours, 46 minutes ago)

The "rules" depend on the people driving there, and the layout of the road. Each 'spot' (a touge that people drive at on a regular basis) is different, since different people drive there. You would have to go and ask.

Also, not every touge in Initial D is still a 'spot' any more. And there are many spots that aren't in Initial D. And some might have never been spots to begin with, just neat roads.

More importantly, not every touge you see on a map is a spot. They're actually very few and far between. They have to be minor roads with low traffic, low population near by, yet also have two lanes even though they don't connect anything particularly interesting. Usually they are scenic routes, sometimes that connect to low-key tourist attractions. But what matters even more is that people have been driving there for years. It also matters whether or not there have been anti-racing/anti-drifting devices installed into the road (cats eyes, waving, groves, lane separators).

Compared to the 90s, the number of people still driving the touge is very low... most people in Japan just go to the race track now.

Also, the actual length of road that people drive on is much shorter than in Initial D (and the games). Maybe 2 KM at most (compared to 5-6 KM in the games). And sometimes the sections that people drift and 'grip' (plain old fast driving) on are different. Apparently in some places bikes and cars drive at different times (cars at night, bikes in the early morning).

I'm pretty sure that having a straight-up one-on-one battles with corner marshals (with flashlights for safety), huge galleries, and any sort of official result either never happened or are a thing of a past. I mean, for that to happen everyone who wants to drive would have to agree not too (you would need some pretty decent pull for everyone, no exceptions, to agree, would it not?), and you would need a ton of people volunteering to make it happen. It's mostly just short games of chase.
dorkster
Posted: Nov 26 2012, 12:00 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,512

QUOTE (Banken @ 5 hours, 39 minutes ago)
The "rules" depend on the people driving there, and the layout of the road. Each 'spot' (a touge that people drive at on a regular basis) is different, since different people drive there. You would have to go and ask.

Also, not every touge in Initial D is still a 'spot' any more. And there are many spots that aren't in Initial D. And some might have never been spots to begin with, just neat roads.

More importantly, not every touge you see on a map is a spot. They're actually very few and far between. They have to be minor roads with low traffic, low population near by, yet also have two lanes even though they don't connect anything particularly interesting. Usually they are scenic routes, sometimes that connect to low-key tourist attractions. But what matters even more is that people have been driving there for years. It also matters whether or not there have been anti-racing/anti-drifting devices installed into the road (cats eyes, waving, groves, lane separators).

Compared to the 90s, the number of people still driving the touge is very low... most people in Japan just go to the race track now.

Also, the actual length of road that people drive on is much shorter than in Initial D (and the games). Maybe 2 KM at most (compared to 5-6 KM in the games). And sometimes the sections that people drift and 'grip' (plain old fast driving) on are different. Apparently in some places bikes and cars drive at different times (cars at night, bikes in the early morning).

I'm pretty sure that having a straight-up one-on-one battles with corner marshals (with flashlights for safety), huge galleries, and any sort of official result either never happened or are a thing of a past. I mean, for that to happen everyone who wants to drive would have to agree not too (you would need some pretty decent pull for everyone, no exceptions, to agree, would it not?), and you would need a ton of people volunteering to make it happen. It's mostly just short games of chase.

thank you for enlightening me with all of these sir appreciate it very much happy.gif
Kelvin
Posted: Dec 23 2012, 12:04 AM

!

Member No.: 24,344

Did Takumi break Godhand's time? The TA was cancelled due to spoiled suspension.

With Keisuke unable to break Godfoot's time. Does this means they didnt get perfect victory? (the vision of Ryosuke to defeat local racers and set new course record.)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
KobayashiMaru
Posted: Jan 11 2013, 01:41 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,759

No doubt it's been covered at some point but I know where Bunta forcing Takumi to drive with a cup of water comes from. Sir Jackie Stewart. I only remembered thanks to a program that aired in the UK and should still be on iPlayer.

There was a part where the chef James Martin was meeting Sir Jackie and he wanted to drive like Jackie before getting a go in his old Tyrrell F1 car (lucky *******). He did a few laps in a BMW M3 then came the bit that relates to the water in the cup. Back years ago Sir Jackie said he could teach any driver to be smooth and fast with his technique of keeping a ball in a large bowl on the bonnet of the car. Once James Martin had mastered this he was smoother, faster and his times came down. Coincidence? I think not.

I've looked all week for the clip of it but no luck so far.
Vortrex
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 07:31 AM

Okay i have a question:
SPOILER

poisonfruitloops
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 08:12 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,976

QUOTE (Vortrex @ 40 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Okay i have a question: What is the name of Ryousuke's new bodykit he uses against Shinigami???

i believe it's an re amemiya kit (like Keisuke's FD has)

pics
Vortrex
Posted: Jan 12 2013, 08:26 AM

QUOTE (poisonfruitloops @ 14 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
i believe it's an re amemiya kit (like Keisuke's FD has)

pics

Okay, thanks!!! happy.gif
dragoon20005
Posted: Jan 23 2013, 01:00 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,368

sorry if i am bumping this tread

but just to ask will any guys would be able to enlighten me about the modifications done on most of the characters ride

I check the wikipedia page but came back very little info about the parts being used

Just need to confirm the rides shown so far in Initial D Stage 5

Especially the Supra
Vortrex
Posted: Jan 23 2013, 02:57 PM

I have a question too:

SPOILER

Thank you!
keg11
Posted: Jan 23 2013, 07:44 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

QUOTE (Vortrex @ 4 hours, 46 minutes ago)
SPOILER

SPOILER
Vortrex
Posted: Jan 24 2013, 04:33 AM

QUOTE (keg11 @ 8 hours, 49 minutes ago)
SPOILER

Thank you! happy.gif

Whut, Takumi raced with Natsuki on the Touge???? Why they cutted that out in the anime? Just like with Mika on the highway... sad.gif

EDIT: And what is the color of this S30Z?? :
SPOILER

This post has been edited by Vortrex on Jan 24 2013, 09:30 AM
keg11
Posted: Jan 24 2013, 03:49 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

QUOTE (Vortrex @ Yesterday, 11:03 PM)
Whut, Takumi raced with Natsuki on the Touge???? Why they cutted that out in the anime? Just like with Mika on the highway... sad.gif

EDIT: And what is the color of this S30Z?? :

I think they excluded that out to create a more dramatic finish to the movie. (As you probably saw for yourself) The last chapter or two focuses only on Takumi and Natsuki. Maybe also to omit the bit where they go off 'somewhere' after Takumi breaks the Akina record with Natsuki.

The S30, Midnight Blue (meant to be a replica of the Devil Z from Wangan Midnight
Seri
Posted: Feb 21 2013, 01:11 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

Hey all, I'm new here and came to ask a question about something that's been bugging me. Specifically a bit of Miki's dialogue in Third Stage.

When Miki kidnaps Mogi, and Takumi comes to her rescue, Miki mentions Takumi's Eight-Six not being anywhere close to his Celica, specifically the drive-trains. With Takumi's fame, and Miki's so-called driving expertise, wouldn't it be safe to assume that Miki would have heard about "Akina's Undefeatable Downhill Eight-Six", and realized who exactly was after him?

Anyways, it's just something that bugged me, but thanks anyways.
(Would the manga have said anything about it? I only have experience with the anime, so i wouldn't know.)
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Feb 21 2013, 03:06 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ 1 hour, 54 minutes ago)
With Takumi's fame, and Miki's so-called driving expertise, wouldn't it be safe to assume that Miki would have heard about "Akina's Undefeatable Downhill Eight-Six", and realized who exactly was after him?

Not necessarily. He'd have to have been a part of the local scene to know the folklore and I don't think he was.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Feb 21 2013, 03:10 PM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Not necessarily. He'd have to have been a part of the local scene to know the folklore and I don't think he was.

Yeah, I suppose that's true.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Mar 1 2013, 11:28 PM

The Blue Lightning

Team Spiral's Number One
-----------------------------------
I'm wondering, in the anime Ikeda Ryuji said Okuyama Hiroya is number 2 in the team, but when I looked it up at Wikipedia, Hiroya is actually number one... Anyone can explain this contradiction?
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 1 2013, 11:35 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Never believe anything that Wikipedia says. There has been a recentish rash of vandalism on the Initial D page. So it might just be that you can't explain it because it isn't true. I honestly don't even remember who Team Spiral is... derp.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Mar 1 2013, 11:46 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 10 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
Never believe anything that Wikipedia says. There has been a recentish rash of vandalism on the Initial D page. So it might just be that you can't explain it because it isn't true. I honestly don't even remember who Team Spiral is... derp.gif

Hmm, is that so?
Just giving you a heads up: Team Spiral is the "Third Line of Defence" in Kanagawa. Hiroya Okuyama (Downhill representative who drives a S15), Ryuji Ikeda (Hillclimb representative who drives a 350Z)
Zero Theory originated in this team.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 2 2013, 09:38 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Aiya! All these team names and people who only appear in a race and then leave! There's too many things to remember now. What I was trying to say is that nothing on Wikipedia is always correct since it is few and open to the public for them to do whatever they want. You always have to take the information with a grain of salt and do more research into it.

E30Six
Posted: Mar 18 2013, 08:49 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,622

QUOTE (Kelvin @ Dec 23 2012, 12:04 AM)
Did Takumi break Godhand's time? The TA was cancelled due to spoiled suspension.

With Keisuke unable to break Godfoot's time. Does this means they didnt get perfect victory? (the vision of Ryosuke to defeat local racers and set new course record.)

Bump 2 this question.. Was it ever answered?

29 Pages  « 25 26 27 28 29