Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - singin' 4U

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 404 405 406 407 408 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,511  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
xiao
Posted: Oct 4 2017, 10:05 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 9 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Since that night in 2008, some old faces have left, and some new faces have joined, but looking back at the past 10 years, it's like family

Get da fuq outta here you're making me cry Wiz Khalifa <3

Daaaaaamn boy you look like the skater kid I was back in high school rockin' those red DC Shoes ~ online2long.gif

Mitsubishi Mark checking out the Hachi's undies, Nomake throwing the finger, and how the hell did Sideways do that floating in the air genie trick ..

user posted image

.. it's impossible to sit on the hatch of an 86 !!? user posted image
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 5 2017, 10:16 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Today, 1:45 AM)
skirts do seem comfortable, i'll never wear one though.

I enjoy manspreading so no.

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Today, 1:45 AM)
So that mentionedI think sometime next year around May-June-July, we should definitely hold that big BIG IDW gathering that we were hoping of doing. It coincides with many of us being free for the weekend of Anime Expo. Perhaps even Vegas? I'll definitely make a thread about this in due time.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Oct 5 2017, 11:42 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 23 minutes ago)
I enjoy manspreading so no.

And let's not forget the obligatory pantsu that need be go beneath every matching skirt .. going commando is no proper way for a lady unless you're B. Jenet. chris.gif

SPOILER

A thong is fine too .. shifty2.gif

SPOILER
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 5 2017, 07:40 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Spaz @ Yesterday, 9:00 PM)
Yeah, I've never let it get to me. We've gone at it here and there throughout the years and we always end up cool again in the end.

But I still have yet to meet him in person, so there's that. sad.gif

Yeah, I have an...issue with social interaction, where I learn from each major fuckup so that I don't repeat it. The big row between you and me still eats at me to this day, and that's why I hope we can finally meet up someday so I can repay you and we can laugh about our old selves over some booze.

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Yesterday, 9:45 PM)
skirts do seem comfortable, i'll never wear one though.

They are super comfy. However you then have to deal with the problem of not being acutely aware of when/if you're flashing someone. Of course that can be countered by just making the skirt longer, but I'm speaking more from the experience of a skirt that was, uh, short. laugh2.gif

QUOTE (APX @ Yesterday, 9:49 PM)
I'll meet up with Nomake sometime soon, now that I know he loves a local fish shop. smile.gif

There's a few other places he might like in the same town/next town.  cool.gif

I'm totally up for that! We just have to find a time. Speaking of...

QUOTE (Sensation! @ Yesterday, 9:50 PM)
just FYI, i'll be up in simi/oxnard/santa paula on friday
make yourself free, think n1, J, and I might be able to squeeze something in our plans...

Well not if our plans are gonna align, unless you want to try unloading the truck on your own in Orange and then driving it all the way back up. I work until 5, so I wouldn't be able to do anything until after that and I thought the plan was for me to go to Orange with J. Oxnard is in the opposite direction, unfortunately, and would be a heck of a trip.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Spaz
Posted: Oct 5 2017, 09:24 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 43 minutes ago)
Yeah, I have an...issue with social interaction, where I learn from each major fuckup so that I don't repeat it. The big row between you and me still eats at me to this day, and that's why I hope we can finally meet up someday so I can repay you and we can laugh about our old selves over some booze.

Don't sweat it, man. People fight over the stupidest shit for no reason all the time. I gotta make it out that way sometime soon, and I'll definitely take you up on drinks when I do.
Meteor
Posted: Oct 6 2017, 10:37 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

QUOTE (NomakeWan)
Yeah, I have an...issue with social interaction, where I learn from each major fuckup so that I don't repeat it.

So you're kinda a smarter version of my past self. (Hell, maybe my present self too)

Anyway. Somehow, I can't even remember the time Spaz and N1 were at each other's throats. As in I literally can't recall a single detail of it, or that it ever happened.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 6 2017, 11:48 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Meteor @ 1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
Anyway. Somehow, I can't even remember the time Spaz and N1 were at each other's throats. As in I literally can't recall a single detail of it, or that it ever happened.

Without getting too far into it, it was around when Spaz was taking over for Sideways as moderator of the Automotive section. In my dissenting opinion on this move, I made a completely un-called-for reference to a specific event in Spaz's motorsports career as part of my justification and was very rightfully called out for having done so.
Posted: Oct 8 2017, 11:05 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

holy shit, i forgot just how sneaky those sites for codec packs can be. i had k-Lite before but had to reformat the pc last year and never got around to reinstalling the codec packs. i got some vid files ie MKV that the stock codec pack on the pc doesnt have. i stopped counting how many ads/"download links" are present on those sites after carefully navigating to the proper links after 1 page.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 04:58 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

So that mentioned
I think sometime next year around May-June-July, we should definitely hold that big BIG IDW gathering that we were hoping of doing. It coincides with many of us being free for the weekend of Anime Expo. Perhaps even Vegas? I'll definitely make a thread about this in due time.

Make it June/July, and I'll move heaven and fucking earth to make it over for that one. It's been far too long. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on Oct 9 2017, 04:59 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 06:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ 7 hours, 1 minutes ago)
holy shit, i forgot just how sneaky those sites for codec packs can be. i had k-Lite before but had to reformat the pc last year and never got around to reinstalling the codec packs. i got some vid files ie MKV that the stock codec pack on the pc doesnt have. i stopped counting how many ads/"download links" are present on those sites after carefully navigating to the proper links after 1 page.

>2017
>using codec packs
>not using uBlock and uMatrix

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Oct 9 2017, 06:07 AM
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 08:11 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 4 minutes ago)
>2017
>using codec packs
>not using uBlock and uMatrix

im not tech savvy and the 2 that i trusted are either VLC or K-lite. im not familiar with uBlock and uMatrix. i guess its a pop-up blocker and in general just blocks out unneeded content in the net.

i tend to avoid any sites in general that have too many adds on ht e page and avoid any site that utilizes pop-ups.

umustwait101
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 06:34 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (207 @ Today, 8:11 AM)
im not tech savvy and the 2 that i trusted are either VLC or K-lite. im not familiar with uBlock and uMatrix. i guess its a pop-up blocker and in general just blocks out unneeded content in the net.

i tend to avoid any sites in general that have too many adds on ht e page and avoid any site that utilizes pop-ups.
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 09:33 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 2 hours, 59 minutes ago)
http://www.cccp-project.net/

http://dchang.no-ip.org/uploads/ggZanSayon....1401.19.51.jpg

lol, are you sure thats not a Russian controlled site (joke). thanks, there arent many that i can trust. ive become rather wary of some sites in the past few years. that aside, i got the pc a few years ago before windows 10 came out so the codec/media formats really werent put on the OS at the time.

the new K-lite is different from the past few years. i had a MKV file with JPN audio and ENG subs. apparently along with the file there were files containing with ENG audio so now i can see some videos in english and dont need to read some subs.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 9 2017, 09:35 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 9 2017, 11:37 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ Today, 8:11 AM)

VLC is a media player, not a codec pack, which is fine. However, what you should learn is that the MPC-HC project has integrated most common codecs into itself, making codec packs in general completely unnecessary. No K-Lite, no CCCP, none of that. You no longer need codec packs period. Just get MPC-HC and stop screwing around. If you wanna go hardcore you can add madVR to it, and if you have lots of external SUP files I guess XySubFilter too.

As for "I avoid sites that..." that's not good enough anymore, period. You don't know which sites could be compromised, you don't know what sites are running in the background without your knowledge. Browsing the web in 2017 without any sort of script or content blocker active is practically demanding to have your browser hijacked at a minimum and your PC pwned or identity stolen at worst.

Do yourself a favor. I get that you're a cranky old techno-hater, but for your own safety use uBlock Origin on your browser at a bare minimum. I still recommend also adding uMatrix, as well as making sure that "click to play" is set for all content in your browser's settings.

Using uMatrix out of the box will break lots of sites. You have to specifically whitelist content in order to fix them. The advantage of this is that you can see every single thing the site is asking to load, and avoid the majority of it. uBlock Origin on its own is 'just' an adblocker, but it's the best one there is.

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 4 hours, 49 minutes ago)
http://www.cccp-project.net/

CCCP is so 2006. We've evolved since then. awesome.gif
xiao
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 12:07 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 28 minutes, 27 seconds ago)

I think 207 just doesn't know how to use MPC or VLC, making him think he still needs codec packs.

QUOTE (207 @ 2 hours, 22 minutes ago)
I had an MKV file with JPN audio and ENG subs. Apparently along with the file there were files containing ENG audio, so now I can see some videos in English and don't need to read some subs.

There are 3 tracks within a media file: Audio, Video, and Subtitles. You can toggle them by right-clicking on the video like so →

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 976 x 677. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 976 x 677. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
sendai
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 12:38 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,276

This post has been edited by sendai on Oct 15 2017, 11:44 PM
xiao
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 12:42 AM

moon bunny

Woah!Straight out the box MPC-HC looks better than VLC as far as video quality goes .. I'm sure there's some technical mumbo jumbo to explain it, but guess I'm switching to MPC-HC from now onward. ohmy.gif

It's less user friendly than VLC .. but damn I'm getting spiffier video with MPC ~ はーと
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 12:55 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
VLC is a media player, not a codec pack, which is fine. However, what you should learn is that the MPC-HC project has integrated most common codecs into itself, making codec packs in general completely unnecessary. No K-Lite, no CCCP, none of that. You no longer need codec packs period. Just get MPC-HC and stop screwing around. If you wanna go hardcore you can add madVR to it, and if you have lots of external SUP files I guess XySubFilter too.

As for "I avoid sites that..." that's not good enough anymore, period. You don't know which sites could be compromised, you don't know what sites are running in the background without your knowledge. Browsing the web in 2017 without any sort of script or content blocker active is practically demanding to have your browser hijacked at a minimum and your PC pwned or identity stolen at worst.

Do yourself a favor. I get that you're a cranky old techno-hater, but for your own safety use uBlock Origin on your browser at a bare minimum. I still recommend also adding uMatrix, as well as making sure that "click to play" is set for all content in your browser's settings.

Using uMatrix out of the box will break lots of sites. You have to specifically whitelist content in order to fix them. The advantage of this is that you can see every single thing the site is asking to load, and avoid the majority of it. uBlock Origin on its own is 'just' an adblocker, but it's the best one there is.

thanks, which site ending address do i need to use /trust? i see one starting with
https://chro me.google.com/.... and ubl ock.org (i put spaces between them so it doesnt show as a URL in the post) i also see a chrome google link for umatrix.

there's also one thing nagging/bothering me. i plan to use windows 7 for as long as possible or until they make a better OS that isnt so windows 10 content-wise. ie adding unwanted apps games ETC. has windows snuck in something into the Win7 updates that prevent the most recent security updates in case i ever need to reformat before i switch over to a newer OS?

@Xiao: thank you very much, the K-lite pack/windows media classic player had that too and i managed to fix that to JPN with ENG subs

im still trying to get used to this codec stuff and the video players that are available to play 90% of video file types. im not looking for anything fancy, just something functional. i have many saved anime on CDs from back when i DDL'd series but not all were standard for what the PC originally came with.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 10 2017, 01:02 AM
xiao
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 01:25 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (207 @ 28 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
What is uBlock Origin and uMatrix?

They're 2 browser extensions .. click on the little 3 dots on the upper right hand corner of Chrome and add them respectively. But like Nomake mentioned you need to disable them, especially uMatrix, for trusted sites or else it'll break them & you won't be able to watch YouTube videos or shop at Macy's.com etc etc ..

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1040 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

While you're at it install the TunnelBear extension & use it when you wanna post anonymous comments from another country's IP so the wordpress blog owner thinks you're actually Japanese. user posted image (hypothetically speaking)
umustwait101
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 08:13 AM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 8 hours, 36 minutes ago)

I fancy myself a tech guy, since I do it for a living, but I did learn a lot from your post. For me, I've been running the same setup since 2011, when I built my PC, and I have not found myself in the situation where I had to re-format my PC, yet. I did not know that MPC-HC has integrated codecs. CCCP comes with MPC-HC, so it seemed that MPC-HC was integrated with CCCP. Regardless, I personally prefer to have codecs separate from my media player for the rare instances when I need to encode a video (via Handbrake or something like that). Also, in terms of debugging, I learned early on that with VLC, you better cross your fingers and hope it works with everything, because there's very few things you can change (easily) in VLC to get things to work, whereas with the MPC-HC that I was familiar with, adding new codecs was relatively easy (pre CCCP; after CCCP, I never had to add more codecs).

In terms of web browsing, I never got into ad blockers, but strangely enough, I also never had issues with ads and viruses infecting my PC. I think the main things that have helped me have been:
- Not going to shady websites.
- Being very careful about which links to click, when downloading files.
- Scanning files if really unsure.
- Torrenting from nyaa, bakabt, exclusively for content.
- Using chrome for web browsing.
- Setting chrome so that flash content is disabled unless clicked.
- Paying my bills using Linux (dual-boot ftw).

Though, probably the thing that has helped the most is that I just don't do as much stuff on my PC as I used to. My activities are usually just:
- Check IDW
- Play Heroes of the Storm
- Watch anime
- Browse SlickDeals
- Chat on Discord

With that, I've been fine for all these years, with just MS Security Essentials installed (not sure if it even does anything).

If anything, it's the corporate/government leaks and hacks that have been revealing all my personal information.
xiao
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 08:41 AM

moon bunny

Umu mai bubu lubu ~ I was thinking about u yesterday while watching a Pixel 2 review and thought .. this is the perfect phone for Umu to finally replace his Motorola Stegosaurus, and the perfect phone for me cause it's got a really cute orange power button & an Oreo cookie motif.

If I had infinite Gil in my chocobo wallet .. I'd just buy myself a Pixel, an iPhone X, and a Galaxy 9 next year & alternate usage by days of the week. But the Pixel sort of reminded me of you ~ like if we were cellphones we'd be 2 Pixel 2's .. user posted image #honomo

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1022 x 576. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 02:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 12:42 AM)
Woah!Straight out the box MPC-HC looks better than VLC as far as video quality goes .. I'm sure there's some technical mumbo jumbo to explain it, but guess I'm switching to MPC-HC from now onward. ohmy.gif

It's less user friendly than VLC .. but damn I'm getting spiffier video with MPC ~ はーと

That's pretty subjective so I can't really quantify it. MPC-HC is most certainly capable of producing a (subjectively) better output than VLC, but I'm not sure about out-of-the-box since I almost immediately change things. Your mileage may vary disclaimer.

QUOTE (207 @ Today, 12:55 AM)
thanks, which site ending address do i need to use /trust?

None, that's the whole point. Do not trust anything on the internet. It may sound paranoid, but thinking that way gets you into a better position to keeping yourself secure and not infected by stuff. As for installing uBlock Origin, that's done through the browser itself whether you're using Chrome or Firefox or whatever. Don't install it from a third-party site, get it from your browser's extension page.

there's also one thing nagging/bothering me. i plan to use windows 7 for as long as possible or until they make a better OS that isnt so windows 10 content-wise. ie adding unwanted apps games ETC. has windows snuck in something into the Win7 updates that prevent the most recent security updates in case i ever need to reformat before i switch over to a newer OS?

Not that I'm aware. Security updates will be provided for Windows 7 until 2020, last I checked.

im still trying to get used to this codec stuff and the video players that are available to play 90% of video file types. im not looking for anything fancy, just something functional. i have many saved anime on CDs from back when i DDL'd series but not all were standard for what the PC originally came with.

If you just want functional and simple that plays 90% of all file types, VLC is your man. Forget everything else. It's not worth the hassle if you're not interested in fancy stuff like frame-perfect playback, bitstreaming audio, smooth motion, debanding, etc etc etc. Just use VLC and call it a day.

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 1:25 AM)
But like Nomake mentioned you need to disable them, especially uMatrix, for trusted sites or else it'll break them & you won't be able to watch YouTube videos or shop at Macy's.com etc etc ..

No, no, no, no. That's not what I said. I said that if you install uMatrix then it will probably break sites, and that if it does you need to look at what uMatrix is blocking and make a decision about what to unblock. Disabling uMatrix--if installed--should be an absolute last resort unless you really trust the site you're on (for instance, you personally own the site in question). Disabling uBlock Origin should never be done except as an experiment.

If you disable them, what's the point of having them at all?
xiao
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 05:10 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 16 minutes ago)
That's pretty subjective so I can't really quantify it. MPC-HC is most certainly capable of producing a (subjectively) better output than VLC, but I'm not sure about out-of-the-box since I almost immediately change things. Your mileage may vary disclaimer.

Yeah it's pretty strange .. I admit I really don't know anything about playback or encoding but when I installed MPC-HC yesterday w/o tweaking anything the MV's and anime I played ran crisper & clearer, visually.

Compared to VLC, I think it might have something to do with that frame-perfect playback, smooth motioning, debanding, etc stuff you mentioned. ohmy.gif

Audio-wise .. I didn't notice anything with video files. But music seemed a bit better than VLC playing the same lossless PCM 16 or 24-bit wave files streamed or ripped from a CD. Right about the same quality as Foobar2k.

But like you mentioned, it's pretty subjective, cause I'm just going by what eyes & ears discern as good vs better A/V. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 16 minutes ago)
No, no, no, no. That's not what I said. I said that if you install uMatrix then it will probably break sites, and that if it does you need to look at what uMatrix is blocking and make a decision about what to unblock. Disabling uMatrix--if installed--should be an absolute last resort unless you really trust the site you're on (for instance, you personally own the site in question). Disabling uBlock Origin should never be done except as an experiment.

I know I know user posted image ~ I just gave up on shopping sites cause after clicking the -minus button on uBlock several times, I kept breaking them, so I figured if I trust the site with my credit card .. I can trust disabling it there & save me the hassle.

uMatrix is powerful AF and I'm still getting used to it though!😳
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 05:38 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao @ 28 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
Compared to VLC, I think it might have something to do with that frame-perfect playback, smooth motioning, debanding, etc stuff you mentioned. ohmy.gif

That stuff I mentioned isn't enabled out of the box, and some of it isn't even available in a base MPC-HC install. It could still be video-renderer-related, but it won't be the things I listed, that I can say for certain.
Posted: Oct 10 2017, 05:58 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 3 hours, 11 minutes ago)

None, that's the whole point. Do not trust anything on the internet. It may sound paranoid, but thinking that way gets you into a better position to keeping yourself secure and not infected by stuff. As for installing uBlock Origin, that's done through the browser itself whether you're using Chrome or Firefox or whatever. Don't install it from a third-party site, get it from your browser's extension page.

Not that I'm aware. Security updates will be provided for Windows 7 until 2020, last I checked.

If you just want functional and simple that plays 90% of all file types, VLC is your man. Forget everything else. It's not worth the hassle if you're not interested in fancy stuff like frame-perfect playback, bitstreaming audio, smooth motion, debanding, etc etc etc. Just use VLC and call it a day.

thank you for the reply, then how do i get ublock and the others?? i got nothing in the extensions file related to google chrome. you dont sound paranoid at all, im paranoid enough with certain aspects of internet as it is.

i saw a post here that one member did a reformat of Win7 but couldnt get the newest updates due to some sort of file preventing that from the updates/setting. my memory of that post is rather fuzzy so i might be completely wrong about that fear.

i looked into the K-lite/media classic player i currently have (standard version) i also have the MPC-HC option with the video files. its the latest version of K-lite but it seems to have a bunch of good stuff. i cant compare on a personal basis on which is better but im satisfied with the media player classic for the time being. the current app i have on the PC can do other things but im not familiar with the more advanced functions.

447 Pages  « 404 405 406 407 408 »