Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing move - Nobody reason ~Noah no Hakobune~

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 170,041  ·  Replies: 216 
> EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IDAS4!!! OMFG!!, THE GREATEST THREAD FOR EVERY ID4 PLAYER!!!
kyochan19792002
Posted: Jan 5 2008, 07:44 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,644

Thanks for this awesome FAQ from Wolf. A really good present for 2008 whistling.gif
Silfa
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 09:56 AM

Time Attack Session!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,308

hey wolf, do you know if you can remove the sticker from your car? the last time I tried changing the rear bumper on my s2000, but the sticker was still there. any suggestions?
Fuzz
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 10:14 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

i dont think it can be removed, like adding a spoiler, once u've added it its there for good and u cant change back to stock only different spoilers, so becareful with wat u add to ur car
himura battousai
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 04:01 PM

Hiten Mitsurugi Driving Style

Member No.: 26,348

Haha..is true..same like ur avatar galsses..it cant be remove...once u choose to hav the glasses ur done...nerd 4 eva!! lolzz
Kenji
Posted: Jan 11 2008, 08:05 PM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

QUOTE (himura battousai @ Today at 8:01 AM)
Haha..is true..same like ur avatar galsses..it cant be remove...once u choose to hav the glasses ur done...nerd 4 eva!! lolzz

LOLz...my avatar also got glasses. It doesn't look nerd.
In fact, my avatar is so unique that no one else has the similar avatar with me... grin2.gif
toookoooldrew118
Posted: Jan 12 2008, 10:49 AM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

QUOTE (himura battousai @ Yesterday at 5:01 PM)

there should be a contacts option when getting avatar parts
Silfa
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 04:04 PM

Time Attack Session!

Member No.: 25,308

Hey Wolf, mind adding this 403 guide to your well done FAQ smile.gif credit for the first translation goes to shfta, I just updated with my experience and how to get to the menu with the IC Card Restoration option. smile.gif

Okay me and my friend experienced this 403 during renewing last night. The directions given on the first page of this thread are correct but missing one thing. Here's the true way of doing this process to make sure you don't lose your data.

1. During the 403 error message, open up the coin slot door and press the test button, during this time it looks like the game is reseting its self but it actually loads the test menu.
2. During the test menu, select the GAME TEST option.
3. The game now will boot once again into the game test menu. At this point, you will see the Select IC Card Restoration option.
4. Go ahead and select the IC Card Restoration option.
5. Choose the Access code (the one on the back of card)
If is not there...you data is gone, when I did this myself, I noticed that there was more then just one access code, please make sure you verify the correct code on the back of your card.
6. After you found the code, select restore and press the test button
7. Insert you expired ID card
8. The Machine will say Finished Normally
9. Take your card out, exit the game test menu, then you will be brought back to the test menu that you first started with. Exit that and the game will reboot normally
10. Renew your card again, and after 2 minutes of renew time, you will have a brand new card with another 150 plays on it.

Salamat!
himura battousai
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 08:30 PM

Haha..btw,anyone tht knw hw to clone id4 cards here?..XD
i knw some of u guyz out there knw hw to clone ver3 cards.
. wink2.gif
sdlahz
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 09:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 26,366

QUOTE (himura battousai @ Today at 8:30 PM)
Haha..btw,anyone tht knw hw to clone id4 cards here?..XD
i knw some of u guyz out there knw hw to clone ver3 cards.
. wink2.gif

at e moment i dun tink such cloning of v4 cards exists...

*RAY
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 07:58 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,574

actually i think can for id4. caues you guy know when error right, and the card can't be use anymore.

step1- usually can restore back the card data by setting the machine
step2- put card back to the machine
step3- insert it in to rewrite again right.

so i was thinking when you rewrite successfully. but you tell the people that working in the arcade that your data error.[of course lie] then ask them set back the thing den again go rewrite. then MAYBE YOU CAN CLONE A CARD.

anyway that what i think. but so far i still haven't try. so if anyone have testes it out can leave a msg behind if it success. laugh.gif
sdlahz
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 08:04 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

hmmm. really hors. u haf a point there.

guess someone close to e techicians at their arcades wanna check it out?

but wldn't this encourage cheating?
himura battousai
Posted: Jan 14 2008, 07:25 PM

Yea..i think they can cloned a card cuz the mac keeps the last card data tht played..so whn we insert a blank card,it will overwrite the data again..i think so..hehe..XD
DamienWolf
  Posted: Jan 15 2008, 04:51 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (*RAY @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM)
actually i think can for id4. caues you guy know when error right, and the card can't be use anymore.

step1- usually can restore back the card data by setting the machine
step2- put card back to the machine
step3- insert it in to rewrite again right.

so i was thinking when you rewrite successfully. but you tell the people that working in the arcade that your data error.[of course lie] then ask them set back the thing den again go rewrite. then MAYBE YOU CAN CLONE A CARD.

anyway that what i think. but so far i still haven't try. so if anyone have testes it out can leave a msg behind if it success. laugh.gif

You cant. Once you restore the data, your data is no longer inside the machine. I tried this scenario. I actually did an error 403 on purpose so I can have my data in the machine. Your expired card will be ejected and the data will be saved in the machine. BUT YOUR DATA IS NO LONGER IN THE CARD. Its in the machine. And once you restore your data, YOUR DATA WILL NO LONGER BE IN THE MACHINE but back in the card. Do you guys understand?
sdlahz
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 08:43 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

n 1 more thing wolf, today i got e 403 error. n i tried getting e technician to use a new card to restore my old data.

but e machine rejects e new card as e card code as found on e back of e expired card doesn't match.

so it's safe to presume tat cards cloning in v4 is quite impossible.
Fuzz
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 03:06 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

Lets put it this way for the data flow during a card renew process.

1. Data gets taken from the old card and stored temporarily on the machines, ready to be transferred to the new card.
2. Ejects old card with 'expired' on it
3. Attempts to put the data on the new card but fails and displays error 403
4. Tech manually puts the data on the new card, by various methods including rebooting the arcade machine itself
5. Data gets transferred successfully and you get ur new card.

Successful data transfer is all the above except 3 and 4.

The data is only needed to be stored temporarily and not long lasting where you can get CKF's data when he has done a card renewal so they do not and did not intended for a large hard drive to store all the info.
himura battousai
Posted: Jan 15 2008, 06:43 PM

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Today at 4:51 AM)
You cant. Once you restore the data, your data is no longer inside the machine. I tried this scenario. I actually did an error 403 on purpose so I can have my data in the machine. Your expired card will be ejected and the data will be saved in the machine. BUT YOUR DATA IS NO LONGER IN THE CARD. Its in the machine. And once you restore your data, YOUR DATA WILL NO LONGER BE IN THE MACHINE but back in the card. Do you guys understand?

"Yea..i think they can cloned a card cuz the mac keeps the last card data tht played..so whn we insert a blank card,it will overwrite the data again..i think so..hehe..XD"

Tht wht i told in my previous post..izzit true..???..hmm..i'll might try it later..
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 07:23 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

has anyone tried....the v3 way
im quite interested to see if it works
but not willing to try
DamienWolf
  Posted: Jan 16 2008, 07:49 AM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Today at 11:23 PM)
has anyone tried....the v3 way
im quite interested to see if it works
but not willing to try

I wanted to try it but it cant be done. The card reader isnt the same. You barely have space to reach in and pull out the card. And to pull it, you have to push it back towards the eject slot.

Renewing basically has this procedure.

- You insert the card to be renewed.
- The machine "takes" the data (it will no longer be on the card) and spits out the expired card. The data will still be on the machine so in case the error 403 will occur or in case of power failure, the machine can store up to 5 data.
- When everything is going smoothly. It takes a blank card and writes the data it saved onto it. When it writes the data to the card, it transfers the data and will no longer have it saved on its memory so you cant clone it that way.

To clone back in Ver3, you have to yank the card while its inspecting at the proper timing. You cant do that with Ver4 because if you yank the card, its instant error. But with ver3 it will still be inspecting. (NOTE: For those who know how to clone in ver3, in IDAS4 the machine asks you to pay the credits first even before the renewal takes place. So you should know that the process we used back in ver3 cant be done. wink2.gif )

This post has been edited by DamienWolf on Jan 16 2008, 07:51 AM
BDDEE@
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 08:19 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Today at 1:49 AM)
You cant do that with Ver4 because if you yank the card, its instant error. But with ver3 it will still be inspecting. (NOTE: For those who know how to clone in ver3, in IDAS4 the machine asks you to pay the credits first even before the renewal takes place. So you should know that the process we used back in ver3 cant be done. wink2.gif )

so if you re insert the card will the error message stay up?
not much point really even answering that because the 2nd part of your post proves that duping cant be done
DamienWolf
  Posted: Jan 16 2008, 09:13 AM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Today at 12:19 AM)
so if you re insert the card will the error message stay up?
not much point really even answering that because the 2nd part of your post proves that duping cant be done

I'll still answer it. If you insert the same card, the error will disappear. Insert another card and the error will still be there.
himura battousai
Posted: Jan 16 2008, 06:36 PM

Ver3 card cloning is acctually same as wangan card cloning i suppose..bt ver3 clonong need a perfect time to pull out the card..if nt,card jam..adios..wekeke..
DamienWolf
  Posted: Jan 16 2008, 09:54 PM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (himura battousai @ Today at 10:36 AM)
Ver3 card cloning is acctually same as wangan card cloning i suppose..bt ver3 clonong need a perfect time to pull out the card..if nt,card jam..adios..wekeke..

Errr no. Its not the same as wangan cloning. One major difference is that you have to have the card reader open to facilitate a dupe in ver3. In wangan you just need tape.
himura battousai
Posted: Jan 18 2008, 03:34 PM

Haha..oh well..i didnt give it a try after all..thnks 4 da info wolf.. wink2.gif
ThatGuyCryos
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 07:41 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,359

But what Sorry for bumping up this post but i have a one thing to ask how do you do the Blind attack?, And For How long?

This post has been edited by ThatGuyCryos on Jan 19 2008, 08:09 AM
sdlahz
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 07:50 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

holding the "start" button during a nite game.

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »