Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.2) stupid

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,451  ·  Replies: 3 
> IDAS 5 In Northern CA?, Might sound like a noob question but there's more to it
NoodleKnight
  Posted: Dec 17 2009, 02:25 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,942

I know this may be a redundant question, sorry, but I couldn't quite find a clear answer. For sure there seems to have been 2 locations in So Cal that had them, apparently one converted back to IDAS 4. There was some thread about a location in the Bay Area?

I'm an operator/mechanic at an arcade in Northern CA and it seems like IDAS 5 doesn't quite have the popularity as Stage 4 did when it first came out. Also hearing from our arcade supplier, an export version for sales outside of Asia will eventually come out but the text will still be in Japanese; basically exported untranslated. It is possible to get IDAS 5 but with all the hurdles you have to jump through, I can see why a lot of arcades haven't bothered to try getting it.

Anyways, just trying to see the opinion of the crowd here... being the first arcade in Northern CA to have IDAS 5 would have its perks.

This post has been edited by NoodleKnight on Dec 17 2009, 02:26 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Dec 17 2009, 02:54 AM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I think it might have something to do with not going sideways anymore. Racing games that discourage sideways action tends to do that to alot of people.

Your arcade supplier is outdated; unless they're only importing for the US? ID5 Export has been out for a while now. While yes, it's in japanese and totally unintelligeble to the casual gamer, the background pictures tend to serve as accurate guides. If you want to implement it, I'd suggest a translation of the screens next to the machines. Might make it look all "Ooh this game's so good it needs a translation!"
NoodleKnight
  Posted: Dec 17 2009, 04:21 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 23,942

Well my supplier isn't outdated, rather I am. I asked the question about half a year ago. At that time there was an export version but sales were restricted to only within Asia, so the only way to get it is through a 3rd party importer. Maybe now a US export is out... Maybe sticking to IDAS 4 is a better choice.
TOJI
Posted: Jan 10 2010, 08:31 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 31,300

Noodle Knight: EXP 2.0 will be out, the patch is a lot better and all us arcade should get it