Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 17 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Dogfight

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post knowingly false information. Violators will be issued an actual warning.
• Please do NOT copy and paste articles from other websites. Link and short description is ok, but please do not copy and paste pages of info. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of software here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning.
• Discussions about illegal materials such as ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are not encouraged in this subforum.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 1,766  ·  Replies: 2 
> Good laptop choices?
Möbius
  Posted: Aug 8 2012, 04:48 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

I am in the market for a new, mid range laptop ( ~$2000 or so ). It's been a while since I've been into hardware, and I've always been into desktop hardware in any case.

What are some of the better choices out there?

I would be looking for something that is a bit more rugged than the bottom end laptops, possibly with a video card for minor gaming.
kyonpalm
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 04:51 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Definitely avoid HP if you care about audio at all. The laptop I have (and many others in their lineup) have terrible issues with their proprietary audio software that makes inputs a living hell. I have never known more frustration and sheer anguish in the world of audio and sound than I have in dealing with the pure evil that is this laptop's sound setup.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
geekingod
Posted: Dec 8 2012, 10:32 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,671

I like toshiba C850 for a cheap option if not then lenovo is the go