Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 14 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Inexhaustible Energy

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 6,710  ·  Replies: 25 
> Uchuu Kyoudai (Space Brothers)
kyonpalm
  Posted: Apr 26 2012, 12:52 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (http://myanimelist.net/anime/12431/Uchuu_Kyoudai)
user posted image

Once upon a time there were two brothers, Hibito and Mutta. Hibito, the littler brother, had been blessed with good luck since the day he was born. Mutta, the elder, had always had bad luck. One day, looking up at the night sky, the two brothers saw a UFO. This experience made them both promise to become astronauts.

In the year 2025, Hibito has kept his promise and is an astronaut who is part of the first wave of people to live for an extended period of time on the moon. Meanwhile, his older brother Mutta has been fired from his job and is unemployed, but a message from his brother makes him decide to start being an astronaut again.

Unaware of his own talent, elder brother Mutta chases his dreams to get back in front of his younger brother. 32-year-old Mutta will attempt the astronaut candidate examinations to follow his brother Hibito to the moon believing the words "The older brother should always be ahead of the younger one..."

So it's about time someone made an official thread for this series! I've caught up to the latest episode (4) and it really is fantastic. I love the mood of this series. The official endorsement of NASA and JAXA is really cool too. It's also got a really nice sense of humour about it.

Can't wait for the next episode - when do they come out?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:22 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Like everything (except for Haiyore! Nyaruko-san that comes out on Mondays and Eureka Seven AO that comes out on Thursdays) this season it comes out over the weekend. Backlog banzai!

I love the series to death so far, as this has always been a topic I've been interested in ever since I was a little kid. Hell, I was actually in the NASA Club in elementary school learning some of this stuff. I used to have the entire shuttle launch checklist memorized. This is my jazz!

The only problem I have with it is that it came entirely too late. The shuttle has been mothballed into museums. No one has a proper re-entry-capable launch platform anymore. Hell, the only 'reliable' launches come from Russia now on their ancient (by modern standards) Soyuz platform. It hasn't been without its own problems lately, either.

If some country comes up with a proper launch platform...then it might help re-ignite the spark of interest in space. I want to see us on the moon again. I want to see a mission to Mars. But you know what? That isn't going to happen without an infrastructure to support it. So I guess what I'm saying is, this Anime is preparing potential astronauts for disappointment. I feel for all the people watching this show wanting to go into space only to realize that there're no more launches.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:09 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Thanks for making this thread Kyon! I was actually thinking about doing something like this today, but you beat me to the punch. Again, as always... it seems as though I'm late to everything. laugh.gif

Space programs in real life or not, this show is simply amazing. It has humor, some romance, seriousness, and sibling love! How can you not like this show? I always set aside some time on the weekends to watch all of this season's shows because of Space Brothers.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 10 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
...sibling love!

I should note for potential viewers that this is completely platonic and is in no way homo-erotic. If you want that sort of thing, go watch OreImo or Kiss x Sis or Onii-chan no Koto or ToLoveRU or....

I totally understand the sibling dynamic, though. I have a younger brother who's more successful than I am too. laugh.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:28 PM

Patient Zero

Ah, no I didn't mean it like that! I'm talking about the platonic relationship... that special bond that most brothers and sisters hold. It's kinda hard to explain to someone who doesn't have a sibling, and its even harder to explain the complexities and responsibilities of being an other sibling to a younger sibling... laugh.gif

I have a younger sister and I compete with her to get better grades in classes and everything. But I wouldn't go as far to say that she is more successful than me... awesome.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 6 2012, 10:15 AM

ShiMACHaze

Just watched the latest episode. I have to re-assert that this is definitely one of the best Anime in a long time. I had tears in my eyes! Sure, it doesn't have flashy animation. Nor does it have super-detailed backgrounds or character art or hell, even super-popular voice actors and actresses. But it has a solid story, truly believeable characters and detail where there needs to be. It is as pure as an Anime can get, and I salute them for going through with its production in an age where moé is the order of the day.

Heartwarming, it really is. I'm glad there are still people writing and producing these sorts of shows. Don't get me wrong, I love action series and I would be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't like moé stuff... but this sort of show is really my cup of tea. Bravo. Can't wait until next week!
kyonpalm
  Posted: May 6 2012, 10:52 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 37 minutes, 13 seconds ago)
Just watched the latest episode. I have to re-assert that this is definitely one of the best Anime in a long time. I had tears in my eyes! Sure, it doesn't have flashy animation. Nor does it have super-detailed backgrounds or character art or hell, even super-popular voice actors and actresses. But it has a solid story, truly believeable characters and detail where there needs to be. It is as pure as an Anime can get, and I salute them for going through with its production in an age where moé is the order of the day.

Heartwarming, it really is. I'm glad there are still people writing and producing these sorts of shows. Don't get me wrong, I love action series and I would be lying through my teeth if I said I didn't like moé stuff... but this sort of show is really my cup of tea. Bravo. Can't wait until next week!

You're talking about episode 6? It's not been subbed yet, so I haven't seen it... derp.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 6 2012, 03:26 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 hours, 34 minutes ago)
You're talking about episode 6? It's not been subbed yet, so I haven't seen it... derp.gif

It was subbed quite a while ago, so I'm not sure what you're talking about? blink.gif

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=1_37&...0&term=brothers
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:56 PM

Patient Zero

This show never seems to disappoint! Suddenly inspired to take more notice of the sky above me, I tired watching a meteor shower last night. It was reported to peak around 4AM, so I stayed up until then, going outside to the third floor patio in my pajamas, I didn't see a meteor shower. I saw the brilliant white supermoon. It was so bright I couldn't see the meteors, although I caught a faint glimpse of one or two of them. Looks like I can add moon watching and star gazing to my ever growing list of hobbies now! laugh2.gif
kyonpalm
  Posted: May 7 2012, 07:46 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 7:26 PM)
It was subbed quite a while ago, so I'm not sure what you're talking about? blink.gif

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=search&cats=1_37&...0&term=brothers

Damn! Flew under my radar, somehow. I need to check Nyaa.eu more often, that's for sure.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 12:12 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Jumped on this boat rocket a little late but I've caught up to the latest episode now. Show gets my seal of approval. Nice atmosphere and Mutta is just so damn likeable pinch2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 11:24 AM

Patient Zero

This week's episodes of Space Brothers is really cute! I loved them. But I guess I shouldn't be giving out spoilers. Just go watch it people! I'm sure that you'll love it! happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 3 2012, 03:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

I watched this week's episode with my brother. It felt kind of meta.

*fist clench of victory*
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 03:52 AM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

Serika-san such a glutton lol

Space Bro's ED is so feel good, always makes me smile without fail every time happy.gif (Especially when they do that little goofy jumping of theirs, followed up by that ending wave and equally goofy facial expressions lol laugh.gif)
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnO0pu9fXw )

I wonder when it'll finally get released.

Also just recently found out this airs on a Sunday morning in Japan. Not surprised one bit, seeing how it isn't your typical late night anime. Such a suitable timeslot for it too. They need to start making more shows similar to this.

This post has been edited by bROCKoLEE on Jun 4 2012, 04:27 AM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 4 2012, 06:44 AM

Patient Zero

Oh, yay! Sukima Switch is playing the next opening theme! it's probably already out and I'm being a super slowpoke about it. derp.gif

So does anyone know how long the series is planned to run? I've heard numbers ranging from 64+ to 24. Now I honestly think that 64 is a baseless claim by some attention hogs in an effort to see how much discussion they can stir up. But then again, episode what.....? 13? And no one is in space yet. I guess at this rate, only time will tell.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 4 2012, 03:06 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 8 hours, 21 minutes ago)
Oh, yay! Sukima Switch is playing the next opening theme! it's probably already out and I'm being a super slowpoke about it. derp.gif

So does anyone know how long the series is planned to run? I've heard numbers ranging from 64+ to 24. Now I honestly think that 64 is a baseless claim by some attention hogs in an effort to see how much discussion they can stir up. But then again, episode what.....? 13? And no one is in space yet. I guess at this rate, only time will tell.

I'm gonna guess 26. We'll see, but that's where I'll put my money. cool.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 7 2012, 08:38 PM

Patient Zero

Many laughs and many 'HNGHs' were had in this episode and now basically I can't wail till the next episode is up. I'm really digging the new opening and ending theme. It made my heart feel warm when I saw Mutta and Hibito dancing to the jams of Sukima Switch. I'm learning how to do the dance now. laugh2.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLthpTWcEwo )
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jan 6 2013, 10:52 PM

Patient Zero

So why hasn't this thread been active lately? I finished playing catch up and I'm up to episode 38 today. I have to say, if you're not watching this; then you're totally missing out on something amazing. I had so many feels on the last few episodes... I think I'll leave it at that before I give away any spoilers though. Seriously guys, if you have nothing better to do, watch Space Bros! happy.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 12 2013, 09:05 AM

Patient Zero

Guys guys guys guys guys guys! I heard that Space Brothers is ending soon. But this is just from word of mouth, I have no sources to back it up. So can someone please tell me that this isn't true...
kyonpalm
  Posted: Sep 12 2013, 10:07 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)
Guys guys guys guys guys guys! I heard that Space Brothers is ending soon. But this is just from word of mouth, I have no sources to back it up. So can someone please tell me that this isn't true...

ANN has confirmed 77 episodes, but not that that's where it will end. It could be, though.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 13 2014, 08:31 PM

Patient Zero

Wow, no one has posted in this thread for almost a year. Just if anyone is wondering, the series ended at 99 episodes. I just finished the last one today. And boy does it feel sad. 99 episodes and over a year of watching on and off. It has been quite a journey and I don't feel quite satisfied with the ending. I'm glad they're doing a movie but I hope that ties everything up better than the ending of the series. Now I'm going to lay in bed and be sad about life. derp.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 13 2014, 08:49 PM

ShiMACHaze

Why do I feel like somehow I missed something? I...actually don't remember the last episode I watched. It might've been 99. It might've been 70-something. I'm pretty sure I watched it until episodes stopped being on Nyaa.

Was 99 released recently, or...?
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 13 2014, 08:54 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Why do I feel like somehow I missed something? I...actually don't remember the last episode I watched. It might've been 99. It might've been 70-something. I'm pretty sure I watched it until episodes stopped being on Nyaa.

Was 99 released recently, or...?

It aired about four months ago. I stopped watching around the early 90s, I still need to finish it.

By the way, Lena, it's been over two years.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 13 2014, 10:50 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 56 minutes ago)
It aired about four months ago. I stopped watching around the early 90s, I still need to finish it.

By the way, Lena, it's been over two years.

Hot damn. Its been a stupid long time. I enjoyed the run and I have all the opening and ending themes. I'm still curious about the live action movie they have, I haven't seen it yet.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kyonpalm
  Posted: Jul 14 2014, 07:30 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 8 hours, 40 minutes ago)
I'm still curious about the live action movie they have, I haven't seen it yet.

2 Pages  1 2