Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Nick Mansell - Mission Impossible

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,130  ·  Replies: 60 
> INTIAL D LIVE ACTION UK STAGE [S01E03], Live Action Initial D UK Stage
superchargedk20
Posted: Jul 24 2014, 10:40 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,722

This is absolutely amazing stuff. Been following you from the begining and ep3 was just as good as the others. I totally am sucked in to your series. Please don't be like other projects and give up midway. I wana see this all the way through. Watching the gtr come at the end I got a tad giddy haha..

My only gripe and it's a very small gripe. Sometimes it hard to hear the voices especially over the music. Maybe something can be done to be able to hear the actors more clearly? Besides than this is freaking awesome. I can't wait for ep4.
kkullar
  Posted: Jul 26 2014, 04:11 PM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Member No.: 38,511

QUOTE (superchargedk20 @ Jul 24 2014, 10:40 AM)

My only gripe and it's a very small gripe. Sometimes it hard to hear the voices especially over the music. Maybe something can be done to be able to hear the actors more clearly?  Besides than this is freaking awesome.  I can't wait for ep4.

Thanks man, I'll make sure I fix this for ep4. Thanks for following from the start really appreciate it, episode 4 is gonna be huge!

PS: Just noticed you signed up to these forums on my birthday. smile.gif

This post has been edited by kkullar on Jul 26 2014, 04:13 PM
Gabzor
Posted: Jul 27 2014, 12:57 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 24,963

well done your cgi is spot on
kkullar
  Posted: Jul 29 2014, 03:43 PM

Thanks man glad you enjoyed it. smile.gif
Perry
Posted: Aug 9 2014, 12:15 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Sorry for the long delay, kkullar!

I've been busy adapting to my new job for the past three months. That's why I haven't even update the facebook fanpage for awhile besides a few major update. Anyways, I just shared the video on the fanpage, G+ and the forums' announcement page!

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=47147
http://facebook.com/go2id/photos/918412474841085
http://plus.google.com/+go2idnet/posts/j7WSLnui4UL

I hope that'll give all three videos a boost. I'll post what I think of this episode in a bit.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
kkullar
  Posted: Aug 9 2014, 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Perry @ Today, 12:15 AM)
Sorry for the long delay, kkullar!

I've been busy adapting to my new job for the past three months. That's why I haven't even update the facebook fanpage for awhile besides a few major update. Anyways, I just shared the video on the fanpage, G+ and the forums' announcement page!

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=47147
http://facebook.com/go2id/photos/918412474841085
http://plus.google.com/+go2idnet/posts/j7WSLnui4UL

I hope that'll give all three videos a boost. I'll post what I think of this episode in a bit.

Thanks so much man, can't wait to hear what you think.

Again thanks so much for sharing! smile.gif
kkullar
  Posted: Oct 18 2014, 05:08 PM

Just a little update for you guys,

Undergoing intense CG work

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1128 x 545. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Also there are some screens over at my website,

Episode 4 Updates

A few shots we still need and if we could get it done by the end of the month that would be great and keep us on schedule.
Falbere
Posted: Oct 18 2014, 05:42 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (kkullar @ 34 minutes, 2 seconds ago)
Just a little update for you guys,

Undergoing intense CG work

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...159256011_o.png

Also there are some screens over at my website,

Episode 4 Updates

A few shots we still need and if we could get it done by the end of the month that would be great and keep us on schedule.

Wow. Did you guys build the evo from stratch?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
kkullar
  Posted: Oct 18 2014, 06:02 PM

QUOTE (dummyinthecity @ 19 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Wow. Did you guys build the evo from stratch?

Just me working on it, my 4th week working on it, yeah I started from scratch.

Hopefully I'll finish all the modelling within 2 weeks.

I've done the alloys also but I think I've got to re do them as not up to quality they should be lol.

After modelling is done got to set up the materials, then get the Civic model and re do all the materials for that as well because using a different render this time. Finger crossed will make it look better than last time!
Meteor
Posted: Oct 20 2014, 12:50 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Finally got around to watching these, and I am unsurprised to find that they are indeed better than Fifth Stage. The driving scenes are actually fun to watch (and listen to - the sounds definitely got recorded right), the music always works well with the scenes and especially so with the driving ones (despite the could-be-smoother musical transitions, such as with the transition from the sound file to the Dejo song in ep3), and the writing tying it all together isn't doing a bad job at that. Episode 3 is also definitely a huge step up from the previous episodes, upping both the quality and excitement factor considerably. That practice run alone made for nice viewing, and the set up for it certainly succeeded in making it feel like the big thing it's supposed to be within the world of the series. And the rest of that episode showed improved direction too. Pretty good tribute; certainly looking forward to more.
kkullar
  Posted: Oct 22 2014, 03:57 PM

QUOTE (Meteor @ Oct 20 2014, 12:50 PM)
Finally got around to watching these, and I am unsurprised to find that they are indeed better than Fifth Stage. The driving scenes are actually fun to watch (and listen to - the sounds definitely got recorded right), the music always works well with the scenes and especially so with the driving ones (despite the could-be-smoother musical transitions, such as with the transition from the sound file to the Dejo song in ep3), and the writing tying it all together isn't doing a bad job at that. Episode 3 is also definitely a huge step up from the previous episodes, upping both the quality and excitement factor considerably. That practice run alone made for nice viewing, and the set up for it certainly succeeded in making it feel like the big thing it's supposed to be within the world of the series. And the rest of that episode showed improved direction too. Pretty good tribute; certainly looking forward to more.

Thanks man, really appreciate it.

I might be cutting the first 3 videos into a bigger video around 30 mins maybe, and submitting it to the London Motor Film Festival. What are you thoughts, which bits would you cut and keep? Also is it even worth doing it at all?

My initial thoughts are to cut them around the events of the third episode.

http://www.londonmotorfilmfestival.com/?page_id=2

The Sixth Element
Posted: Oct 23 2014, 12:41 AM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

This project has high hopes! I can't wait for ep 4.

But there are something off about this:
1. Its in Britain which makes me think of just valleys and fjords which aren't exactly mountain passes. facepalm.gif
2. I've watched Top Gear and the road they use when they review cars is similar to your scenes where the guy in the EK9 drives in.(correct me if I'm wrong) derp.gif

Other than that, its great and I can't wait for the next one.
kkullar
  Posted: Oct 24 2014, 03:51 PM

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ Yesterday, 12:41 AM)
This project has high hopes! I can't wait for ep 4.

But there are something off about this:
1. Its in Britain which makes me think of just valleys and fjords which aren't exactly mountain passes. facepalm.gif
2. I've watched Top Gear and the road they use when they review cars is similar to your scenes where the guy in the EK9 drives in.(correct me if I'm wrong) derp.gif

Other than that, its great and I can't wait for the next one.

Thanks man,

We only have a few mountains, but some of the roads are really twisty with inclines and such.

I don't think top gear have ever come up here, it probably just looks similar. I know some of the roads that top gear use but they are really far away. We did think about going there once but the cost of petrol in some of the cars, could be better used getting more shots here, and I think it's better to get more shots and more time filming. smile.gif

Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 24 2014, 08:27 PM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

I do recommend going at cliffside mountains for picturesque shots and some sentimental/serious discussions among the cast. That would not only be a good change of pace but would also great to see. So I take it the twisty roads would be viable. If you plan on recording there for action shots, just do be careful.
kkullar
  Posted: Oct 26 2014, 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ Oct 24 2014, 08:27 PM)
I do recommend going at cliffside mountains for picturesque shots and some sentimental/serious discussions among the cast. That would not only be a good change of pace but would also great to see. So I take it the twisty roads would be viable. If you plan on recording there for action shots, just do be careful.

Yeah I wanna try that, It's hard to get people far away because everyone is always so busy. Hopefully we will be able to do something like that soon. smile.gif
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 3 2014, 04:31 PM

user posted image

Super busy but this model is getting close to finished, once it's done there's one more asset to make.

Also more filming this month and I have a LinkedIn account so if your on there then connect with me.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=380564639

Some real cool stuff is coming up so thanks for staying patient. smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kkullar
  Posted: Nov 28 2014, 10:19 AM

Hey guys,

Great news the special edit I made for London Motor Film Festival has been selected and they will be showing it on 5th December. I'm pretty excited and also nervous.

Many thanks to all of you.

Something like this wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for Initial D World and all its members. smile.gif

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=787640961300579

There is the link we are right after Osaka Infamous Street Racers in the little mashup of all the selections.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1200 x 1788. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Perry
Posted: Nov 28 2014, 12:56 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Wow!!! Congrats for making it to the official selection. That in itself is already an acknowledgement to your hard work. I'm happy for you! smile.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Nov 28 2014, 01:46 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Hannah
Posted: Nov 29 2014, 06:45 AM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

The first episode was pretty good. Had me on my seat a bit, to be honest. tongue.gif Will watch the others tonight. Keep it up!
driftFC35
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 04:56 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 464

Congrats on the film festival. I stumbled across it last night while on speedhunters, ANSI was going through the nominations and saw yours. I thought to myself, "hey, I know those videos." I just wanted to jump on here and wish you luck.

Just curious, how long has this film fear been going on? I'd never heard of it, but it's really cool that there's something out there just for motoring movies/videos.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Dec 9 2014, 07:25 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

Nice progress so far. Wish I could help out somehow
kkullar
  Posted: Dec 12 2014, 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Perry @ Nov 28 2014, 12:56 PM)
Wow!!! Congrats for making it to the official selection. That in itself is already an acknowledgement to your hard work. I'm happy for you! smile.gif

Thanks Perry, unfortunately we didn't win the category even though I believe we had the strongest film but thats just how things go sometimes. The audience loved the film it was a cut which basically follows the EVO part of the story all the way up until the end of episode 3. We got a great applause at the end and people where really engaged which is really great. I had a great day and now I've almost got to the holidays I can shift the focus back to episode 4 which is the most ambitious episode yet.

Thanks again for your support. Can't wait to get episode 4 done to show you. smile.gif

QUOTE (Rudy @ Nov 28 2014, 01:46 PM)
Loving this series so far. Each episode is a great improvement. Keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks for watching man, really appreciate it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Hibiscus @ Nov 29 2014, 06:45 AM)
The first episode was pretty good. Had me on my seat a bit, to be honest. tongue.gif Will watch the others tonight. Keep it up!

Thanks, let me know what you think of the other episodes when you get around to watching them. smile.gif

QUOTE (driftFC35 @ Dec 5 2014, 04:56 AM)
Congrats on the film festival. I stumbled across it last night while on speedhunters, ANSI was going through the nominations and saw yours. I thought to myself, "hey, I know those videos."  I just wanted to jump on here and wish you luck.

Just curious, how long has this film fear been going on? I'd never heard of it, but it's really cool that there's something out there just for motoring movies/videos.

This was there first event but it is gonna be a yearly thing and thanks unfortunately we didn't win even though I believe we had the strongest film in the category but it was great, the audience loved the film, were engaged throughout the screening and gave it a big applause at the end.

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ Dec 9 2014, 07:25 AM)
Nice progress so far. Wish I could help out somehow

Thanks man, maybe there is some way you can help now that I think about it, If you could help me build CG assets that would be great.

If you don't do CG its okay your support is more than enough and I'm very grateful to have people like you continue to watch each episode and bare with me, so thank you for that. smile.gif

This post has been edited by kkullar on Dec 12 2014, 12:38 PM
kkullar
  Posted: Dec 27 2014, 05:33 PM

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW FINALLY!!!

This has been difficult but this image gives me hope.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Falbere
Posted: Dec 27 2014, 05:40 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (kkullar @ 6 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW FINALLY!!!

This has been difficult but this image gives me hope.

http://kirankullar.com/wp-content/uploads/...-00-00-00_1.jpg

Awesome render!

3 Pages  1 2 3