Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Mr. Groove - Night & Day

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 25,865  ·  Replies: 252 
> Gundam Extreme Full Boost PS3 Port, Yes it has been...
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 07:42 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (PWNatorPWNED @ 7 minutes, 25 seconds ago)
I wish I had a PS3 to play Gundam...

I realize you only posted this to support your retarded goal of posting in every forum (which by the way I combo breaker'd, check feedback n00b! LOLOLOLOL!!!! troll.gif), but just get a PS3 so that when Full Boost comes out early next year you'll be ready. I mean sheesh, Black Friday's coming up, just wait for that then get one cheap. Not like it's hard. facepalm.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
PWNatorPWNED
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 07:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,831

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 16 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
I realize you only posted this to support your retarded goal of posting in every forum (which by the way I combo breaker'd, check feedback n00b! LOLOLOLOL!!!! troll.gif), but just get a PS3 so that when Full Boost comes out early next year you'll be ready. I mean sheesh, Black Friday's coming up, just wait for that then get one cheap. Not like it's hard. facepalm.gif

I actually tried to put some heart in that post. laugh2.gif
I'm a huge Gundam fan and I always wished they would release some Gundam games besides the Dynasty Warriors ones, which I can't find anymore anyways...
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (PWNatorPWNED @ 2 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
I actually tried to put some heart in that post. laugh2.gif
I'm a huge Gundam fan and I always wished they would release some Gundam games besides the Dynasty Warriors ones, which I can't find anymore anyways...

Oh jeez, licensing problems mean that there haven't been any good Gundam or Macross games outside of Japan in forever. And no, I don't consider the Dynasty Warrior series to be good, so let's get that out of the way right now.

So that leaves importing if you want games that are actually well-made and fun to play. The original Gundam Extreme VS is currently available online for only $35 shipped (YUP!) and is pretty fun. The sequel game, Full Boost, comes out early next year and will likely be closer to $75 due to import fees and all that. It will also be available on PSN in digital form, so if you have a way to get relatively cheap Japanese PSN cards you can go that route instead of importing the physical copy.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:30 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Um... So friends... I have a bad idea about how to make online match planning easier on us that involves something other than Skype and texting one person at a time. Should I try it out and see where it takes us?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 8 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Um... So friends... I have a bad idea about how to make online match planning easier on us that involves something other than Skype and texting one person at a time. Should I try it out and see where it takes us?

Please yes. That would be wonderful.

EDIT: I take it back, anything that relies on texting is a poor choice. For one it's not interactive (PS3 controller requires both hands!) and for another I only have 200 texts a month because data is way more important to me than text messaging. derp.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Oct 7 2013, 08:45 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:46 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 6 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
Please yes. That would be wonderful.

Well I just tried it and it seems like it already doesn't work... You can't say I didn't try though. This is how I personally do crowd planning for events and it works in most cases. Oh well... Sorry guys. sad.gif

Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 22 2013, 10:39 PM

ShiMACHaze

Bam, finally we have release information. The game will be released on January 30th, 2014 for a retail price of 7980 yen. The Premium G Sound Edition will retail for 10980 yen. Good stuff.

Just gotta make it to the end of January. No problem, yeah. Let's do this.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 23 2013, 08:36 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Are the songs from the Premium G Sound Edition included in your post on the first page? Or have they not been announced yet? Either way I'm pretty excited. Glad I waited on getting a PS4/XB1 with all these good games still coming out for PS3.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Oct 23 2013, 08:37 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 23 2013, 12:03 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ 3 hours, 26 minutes ago)
Are the songs from the Premium G Sound Edition included in your post on the first page? Or have they not been announced yet? Either way I'm pretty excited. Glad I waited on getting a PS4/XB1 with all these good games still coming out for PS3.

Yes they are. I should update that actually, thanks for reminding me.

EDIT: There, fixed the post.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Oct 23 2013, 09:17 PM
Varcion
Posted: Oct 25 2013, 03:43 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Oct 7 2013, 08:30 PM)

Well, if any1 have any interests for planned matches, we have a small group here that's already established on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/151820601686669/

If any1 would like to join us, please make a post here or send me a friend request on FB and I can add you.

Next match: Oct. 29, 8:00PM

P.S.: also, please send a friend request and message to "Kureshendo" on PSN if you are joining us at the match, as he will be hosting the room.

WARNING: we have a good amount of n00bs there, so please take it easy and use the chance practice a new suit if you feel like it.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 25 2013, 05:40 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Varcion @ 1 hour, 57 minutes ago)
Well, if any1 have any interests for planned matches, we have a small group here that's already established on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/151820601686669/

If any1 would like to join us, please make a post here or send me a friend request on FB and I can add you.

Next match: Oct. 29, 8:00PM

P.S.: also, please send a friend request and message to "Kureshendo" on PSN if you are joining us at the match, as he will be hosting the room.

WARNING: we have a good amount of n00bs there, so please take it easy and use the chance practice a new suit if you feel like it.

Awesome. Thanks for pointing out which ones will be Premium only.

I know I can always just download the songs, but I think I'll get it anyways just in case it comes with other goodies. I'm just incredibly pumped about Decisive Battle from 00 being included.

Woops. Meant to quote Nomake. I may be able to join in on that though. I'm still pretty bad at the game besides knowing some basics, but if there are other newbies I won't feel so embarassed. derp.gif

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Oct 25 2013, 10:28 PM
Vile
  Posted: Oct 26 2013, 05:05 AM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

QUOTE (Phantom_R32 @ Yesterday, 6:40 PM)
I'm still pretty bad at the game besides knowing some basics, but if there are other newbies I won't feel so embarassed. derp.gif

I feel ya man. I think all that matters is knowing the basics such as consuming your boost and watching where you land.

But what do you guys think about some of the advanced techs in this game? You know like the fuwa jump or something like that? Ive watched this advanced GExVS tutorial for them on YouTube that was originally on nicovideo but never seemed to learned them when I had the game unfortunately.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 26 2013, 10:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Vile @ 5 hours, 51 minutes ago)
I feel ya man. I think all that matters is knowing the basics such as consuming your boost and watching where you land.

But what do you guys think about some of the advanced techs in this game? You know like the fuwa jump or something like that? Ive watched this advanced GExVS tutorial for them on YouTube that was originally on nicovideo but never seemed to learned them when I had the game unfortunately.

I've never really used the fuwa jump, but it seems to get abused all the time in FB so I have a feeling I'll be needing to learn it. I know that some mechanics are in both games (combo-and-look, just shielding, etc) but it seems that those mechs are a little easier in FB? I haven't actually touched FB and won't until January (curse not being in Japan) but watching videos it seems to be easier to do these things.

Either that or the player level overall jumped between the two games and they in fact play the same tech-wise. We'll find out, I guess?

Can't wait though. Super super hyped. Already preordered my copy from AmiAmi because screw Play-Asia's rape prices. w00t2.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Oct 26 2013, 02:20 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I may have to order it from there as well. Way cheaper than Play-Asia. Especially the Premium Edition. Still waiting to see if Amazon will put the game up for preorder in the next few weeks though.
Vile
  Posted: Oct 26 2013, 07:03 PM

IDW's Furfag

I'm in the same boat as well. I've never bothered to learn them since I needed to give myself time to just learn the basic fundamentals of the game. One thing that bothers me though is that do these Japanese players just anticipate an attack when they fuwa jump or is it that they have insane reflexes when the opponent shoots or should I say pew pews on them...?? I mean I know its easier to anticipate when at a distance but when they're close by inches is what gets me based on the gameplay videos ive seen. We'll just have to see when the time comes.

Wow my eyes just bulged wide open like my sly cooper icon when you guys mentioned pre-orders.

This post has been edited by Vile on Oct 26 2013, 07:32 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 26 2013, 08:47 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Vile @ 1 hour, 44 minutes ago)
I'm in the same boat as well. I've never bothered to learn them since I needed to give myself time to just learn the basic fundamentals of the game. One thing that bothers me though is that do these Japanese players just anticipate an attack when they fuwa jump or is it that they have insane reflexes when the opponent shoots or should I say pew pews on them...?? I mean I know its easier to anticipate when at a distance but when they're close by inches is what gets me based on the gameplay videos ive seen. We'll just have to see when the time comes.

Wow my eyes just bulged wide open like my sly cooper icon when you guys mentioned pre-orders.

It's not that they're anticipating an attack...it's that they're trying to throw off an opponent's sense of timing. The whole point of the fuwa jump is to alter your landing profile. Rather than just landing normally to refill your boost you fuwa jump, which alters your final landing point and throws off your opponent's shot timing.

It's mind games.
Vile
  Posted: Oct 28 2013, 10:16 PM

IDW's Furfag

Wow so I've been doing these techs such as the fuwa jump that they're not intended to... * face palm *

Thanks for the clarification though Nomake!

Phantom_R32 or anybody else reading this, add my psn, KookiDowg. I don't have a copy of Extreme VS because I sold it, regretfully. But I would love to have some sort of IDW Full Boost community with all of the members in my friends list.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 2 2013, 02:00 AM

ShiMACHaze

So no news on Full Boost worth mentioning, and I don't want to clutter up this thread with Maxi Boost details (that deserves its own thread), but I do want to mention that some of us are gonna be online playing EXVS this Sunday. Don't have a time down yet, but as soon as I know I'll let you guys know.

Only thing is, please no wifi players. Ethernet or bust.

EDIT: Fun matches! It was myself, Ethos, Sensation! and a guy named AceSan from the GameFAQs EXVS board. Super awesome stuff...even if the computer did decide to throw both 00Q players onto the same team. The hax... the haaaaax...! derp.gif

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 3 2013, 05:42 PM
Varcion
Posted: Nov 4 2013, 04:57 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Nov 2 2013, 02:00 AM)
So no news on Full Boost worth mentioning, and I don't want to clutter up this thread with Maxi Boost details (that deserves its own thread), but I do want to mention that some of us are gonna be online playing EXVS this Sunday. Don't have a time down yet, but as soon as I know I'll let you guys know.

EDIT: Fun matches! It was myself, Ethos, Sensation! and a guy named AceSan from the GameFAQs EXVS board. Super awesome stuff...even if the computer did decide to throw both 00Q players onto the same team. The hax... the haaaaax...! derp.gif

damnit, would of stayed home on Sunday if I read it earlier.

Had some matches on Friday with some friends, and this is the result:(skip the first 40 seconds, as my friend was trying to add commentary and it failed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEvpe-TK1n8

Getting pwned by a girl= not fun. (an actual female player) XD

P.S. possible matches on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 8PM if any1 like to join us.

This post has been edited by Varcion on Nov 4 2013, 05:01 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 4 2013, 06:00 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Nov 2 2013, 03:00 AM)

Fragger and I couldn't play with you even if we wanted to then. The man still hadn't hooked up his PS3 on ethernet and I'm super out of practice since we've been so busy taking day trips everywhere and being almost normal people.

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 4 2013, 09:00 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Varcion @ 3 hours, 57 minutes ago)
damnit, would of stayed home on Sunday if I read it earlier.

P.S. possible matches on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 8PM if any1 like to join us.

It's cool, the matches ended up being super fun. Fred finally got his PS3 wired and had blue bars (woo!) while Kyle and AceSan had yellow (but no ridiculous amount of lag, fortunately). Since there were exactly four of us playing it worked out well for several hours. Good times. I might be around on Tuesday since I get off work early tomorrow. We'll see!

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 2 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Fragger and I couldn't play with you even if we wanted to then. The man still hadn't hooked up his PS3 on ethernet and I'm super out of practice since we've been so busy taking day trips everywhere and being almost normal people.

The thing is, he's bitching because he wants to play it on a big TV instead of a 'small' monitor. Well that's silly--if he plugs it in over by where his router is and uses the monitor, he can be on Skype too. Two birds with one stone. tongue.gif

Anyway, enough about that, I have some news about Full Boost! Remember that leaked image from forever ago that showed what suits were gonna get added to the game? Well, we've still got AGE-1, Striker Custom and G-Armor to go... but there was one other curious thing on that image. In the custom title section was a title named 'ALICE'...which is a reference to Gundam Sentinel. Interesting.

Today, it was confirmed that Ex-S Gundam from Gundam Sentinel is a preorder bonus for all versions of Gundam Extreme VS Full Boost. This makes it the Hi-Nu of FB, in which it'll be available for people who preorder first, arcade players second, and latecomers to the PS3 port will get it as free DLC somewhere down the line. Good stuff!

Thank goodness I've got my preorder in already. Time to wreck kids! cool.gif

[A L I C E]

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 854 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Nov 4 2013, 09:04 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 01:43 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 10:00 PM)
The thing is, he's bitching because he wants to play it on a big TV instead of a 'small' monitor. Well that's silly--if he plugs it in over by where his router is and uses the monitor, he can be on Skype too. Two birds with one stone. tongue.gif

I asked him why he doesn't want to hook up his PS3 to the computer monitor near the router and like you said, he doesn't want to play on a small screen. How am I not surprised that you are right?

While you think that's a silly reason, I actually kinda have to agree with him in a way. His computer monitor is kinda small and it would be really lame to play on something like that, now if he had a 27" gaming monitor and it was amazing and great then I would then agree with you that he is being silly. But his monitor is--I actually don't know how how big it is--but I assume that it is a normal computer monitor that your regular Joe Schmo would buy. That isn't really something that you'd pick up and hook a PS3 to. Secondly, he has his PS3 hooked to a nice set up that he has in his room. I don't know about you, but I'd rather play video games in the privacy of my own bedroom where I can chill out on my bed or the floor instead of being confined to a computer desk and office chair. Just my two cents on the matter. If you really want, I can ask him to give his honest opinion on the matter. But if you boil it all down, I think the guy is just lazy. tongue.gif
Varcion
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 02:05 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 22 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
I asked him why he doesn't want to hook up his PS3 to the computer monitor near the router and like you said, he doesn't want to play on a small screen. How am I not surprised that you are right?

While you think that's a silly reason, I actually kinda have to agree with him in a way. His computer monitor is kinda small and it would be really lame to play on something like that, now if he had a 27" gaming monitor and it was amazing and great then I would then agree with you that he is being silly. But his monitor is--I actually don't know how how big it is--but I assume that it is a normal computer monitor that your regular Joe Schmo would buy. That isn't really something that you'd pick up and hook a PS3 to. Secondly, he has his PS3 hooked to a nice set up that he has in his room. I don't know about you, but I'd rather play video games in the privacy of my own bedroom where I can chill out on my bed or the floor instead of being confined to a computer desk and office chair. Just my two cents on the matter. If you really want, I can ask him to give his honest opinion on the matter. But if you boil it all down, I think the guy is just lazy. tongue.gif

better yet, pick up a 50 ft. CAT6 cable from Fry's and call it his Christmas present. WIN-WIN situation if you ask me.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 02:20 PM

Patient Zero

If I could. I would give you a Nobel Peace Prize for that awesome idea because I already have one of those cables laying around at my house. I don't need it, so he could put it to better use than me. Then we can finally play with you guys online without lagging. laugh.gif

Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 5 2013, 06:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Varcion @ 4 hours, 14 minutes ago)
better yet, pick up a 50 ft. CAT6 cable from Fry's and call it his Christmas present. WIN-WIN situation if you ask me.

Common misconception that you need CAT6 for gigabit ethernet. It's only required if you're passing it through electrical conduit or outdoors. The difference between 5e and 6 is shielding. 5e does gigabit just fine. Hell, you can do gigabit over barbed wire. awesome.gif Thanks, CNT-105!

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 4 hours, 34 minutes ago)

Blah blah blah tl;dr I have a 24" screen and play fine and I had it hooked up to the 21" back in my dad's apartment and played fine, so don't tell me that his screen is 'too small' because I've seen it. Too small for split-screen, sure, absolutely. But this is online play where you have the whole screen to yourself. Excuses, that's all this is. tongue.gif

11 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »