Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Take Me Back to Tokyo

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

430 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 704,018  ·  Replies: 10,737 
> What Car Do You Have?, Pictures, Details, and Bread and Milk
sideways
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 01:10 PM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

Haha not with my dad, he was flooring it almost everywhere we went the first few nights we had my 86. It was pretty new to him, only other "fast" car he had was a 240z. he commented how most cars he had driven, the revs would slow down around 5000 rpms. Mine however is the opposite; the engine accelerates faster passed 4400 rpms when the tvis opens up (new experience for him) plus it was handling pretty good even on the shit tires it had which we were enjoying for awhile. oh well, too many stories...

basicly my dad likes to go fast. hates most cars unless they have a clutch (vans/suvs exluded of course)
Iceman
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 01:41 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,488

man... took me a while to find the hood release since it wasn't in the place where the diagrams say (for future reference its on the driver's side about foot level on the wall on the left...) and I realized after I opened the fuse case that the fuse i needed for the window winder was a thirty amp and not a 7.5 like the previous owner said, so i gotta go shopping... and I was figuring out the controls and raised the headlights... the dumb headlight switch popped out of place so I had to remove the panel it was in and replace it in its slot, then i tried to lower the headlights and they didn't lower... so I don't know if I got the right switch or not, or what it is. Gonna have to call the previous owner. At this point I noticed that the shroud and two screws were missing from the right headlight... just a little more work. Not to mention that my shift boot is f00k'd. its a nonstandard version that is integrated into the knob, and its coming un-stitched there and the base where it snaps into the center console is out of shape. of course after I fix all that i gotta put in a CD player and some better speakers. Which means I have to learn how to do the wiring because I don't wanna take it to a shop. Oh well, I don't grudge the work. Just glad to have a car to work on! But I'm taking it out tonight at midnight (no insurance yet, don't call the fuzz) to work on my shifting in and out of 1st gear. Good times, good times.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
sideways
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 02:31 PM

haha good luck on fixing up the car man. I highly suggest you do learn proper shifting before you attempt anything at all.

Keep practicing until you can slow-shift smoothly (slow work on the clutch)

Then step up from there and fast-shift smoothly (fast clutch work)

This post has been edited by sidewaysgts on Oct 4 2004, 02:32 PM
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 02:43 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

i dont need to explain what car I have, but im planning on getting a 86 notchback gts maybe next year. I have to look around more for 86 notchbacks gts that are for sale and if im lucky i might find a decent good condition 86 Corolla gts hatchback happy.gif

This post has been edited by Demon86Trueno on Oct 4 2004, 02:44 PM
flohtingPoint
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 02:44 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 1,944

QUOTE (sidewaysgts @ Oct 4 2004, 02:31 PM)
haha good luck on fixing up the car man. I highly suggest you do learn proper shifting before you attempt anything at all.

Keep practicing until you can slow-shift smoothly (slow work on the clutch)

Then step up from there and fast-shift smoothly (fast clutch work)

Little addition to that: Anytime you launch, ride your clutch a bit, so you dont spin as much.
Iceman
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 04:19 PM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 2,488

Yeah... I can shift fine 2-3, 3-4, 4-5, 5-4, 4-3, its just N-1, 1-2, and 3-2 that get me.
thanks for the tips, guys. Really my problem is that i don't have down the ratio of gas to clutch to use going into first and second.
I'm not even considering pushing it until I have a solid feel for it.
This isn't my particular car, but its same make, year, model, color.
user posted image

I'm still researching it, so I'm not entirely sure which engine I have, the 2.5L 8v SOHC or the 2.7L 16v SOHC. Doesn't really matter, they make the same numbers. (~160 bhp, ~160 lb/ft)

This post has been edited by Fritobandito on Oct 4 2004, 04:23 PM
Coyote
Posted: Oct 4 2004, 05:24 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,554

94' toyota Supra TT

user posted image
sideways
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:39 AM

IF they make the same power the only difference then would be the weight.

As for the supra, VERY nice. If you can though care to follow an old IDW custom? Take a picture of your car with bread, and milk on the car.. and if you can a sign

THis is my car for example

user posted image

She aint pretty right now.. but shell be getting a nice coat of black here soon
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:43 AM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

those cobra rims do look good on the supra.
Coyote
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 10:11 AM

IDW Member

Its ok ive done this before where people doubt that I have the car and need proof by me putting something in the picture that they ask for. Well I just went to the fridge to get the milk and to my embarrasment I am out of milk as well as bread!!!! So I hope this will do, Its a small bottle of stawberry milk, a jar of mayonaise and a bottle of mustard. blink.gif And yes those are Cobra rims on there, they came with the car and I thought they looked good so I didnt take them off

user posted image
flohtingPoint
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 10:17 AM

IDW Banned Member

Member No.: 1,944

Where do you live, if you dont mind me asking. Your yard is beautiful. Maybe I'm just jealous, growing up in Phoenix, where we have cactuses and palm-trees, and thats all. Lots of greenery up in your stuff =)
Coyote
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 11:57 AM

IDW Member

I live in Washington, so everything is green and wet and no it doesnt rain as much as people think it does and not everyone likes coffee
Alex
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 02:42 PM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

I agree, beautiful grass, lol. The rear end of your Supra looks so mean. I love it. The Cobra steel looks like they were made for the Supra. Great choice by the previous owner.
sideways
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 06:48 PM

haha dont worry about the doubt thing, its more of a IDW custom (due to some idiot who claimed he had a skyline) then anything. check out the gallery op top and youll know what i mean wink2.gif but thanks for the pictue either way laugh.gif kinda funny.

but that its a nice set of wheels you have there. and mods worth noting?
Coyote
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 07:23 PM

IDW Member

besides the rims its totally stock, I havent done anything to it yet because I dont have much money left after buying it. I plan to take off the wood inserts around the guages, radio and AC controls, put boost guages on the A-pillar and im going with either red leather inserts or red stitching on the tubes in the seats. my dad works with leather so he can get me a deal on the seats.
FadeToBlack
Posted: Oct 5 2004, 11:46 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,562

Some very nice cars you guys have!

As for me, I have a 2001 Cavalier. Ultra Silver Metallic, 2200/5 speed, base model, but it does have side mouldings, rear spoiler, cd player, trunk release, gauge package, rear window defogger. smile.gif

If I can get get some cash flow, sometime soon, I'll be trying to get a 240SX. Hopefully, an S14. Definitely gonna be a 5 speed. I'll probably never own another auto., as my last two cars were autos and I got sick of it quick.

I'm not wanting a 240SX because of the "fad," either. I just want one because I really like them, and I want a RWD car. Initial D didn't get me wanting one, either. I have been wanting one for a while now. My friend's uncle got a '91 S13 a few weeks ago. Sadly, it's an auto., but it's still a fun car to ride in, so I can only imagine what it'd be like to drive one with a 5 speed. I've just heard so much about them being extremely well-balanced, and the steering is barely power assisted at all. That's one problem I have with my Cavalier. It's got wayyy too much power assist on the steering.

Anyway, here's a pic.

user posted image
Drift86Trueno
Posted: Oct 6 2004, 03:13 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 3,191

I have a 2003 Corolla sport, I drive it umm............. sometimes when I'm allowed. I hate asking permission to drive, just tell them that u are going to use the for a while period dry.gif

this is the car:
user posted image

This post has been edited by Drift86Trueno on Oct 6 2004, 03:30 PM
Neurogirl
Posted: Oct 6 2004, 03:17 PM

I dance to all the wrong songs, I enjoy all the wrong moves

Member No.: 78

I drive a 2001 Honda Prelude

and I get to ride in either a :

1995 Nissian 300zx or a 1995 Honda Prelude Limited edition,

Daily.

This post has been edited by Neurogirl on Oct 6 2004, 03:17 PM
am3pkcet
Posted: Oct 6 2004, 09:26 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

first car was a 1988 baby blue jetta coupe. got it when i turned 16, and loved the shit out of it.

in feb of 2001, my parents bought me an eclipse, 1998 GS-T. i was so f**king psyched and i loved it. the only thing was it was automatic. after about two years went by i was just so fed up with that, so i saved up my own money and bought myself and old 5-speed model talon TSi awd. i seriously loved the SHIT out of that car. i had it for just under a year and drove it every day. i didnt have much on it for mods, just an intake, exhaust, boost controller @ 13psi and boost gauge. damn that thing was so quick and SUCH a pleasure to drive. about a month ago though, the engine finally blew and it was no longer drivable. sad sad day indeed. its still sitting in my garage waiting for me to decide what to do with it. i stripped most of the parts out of it that i could sell, and i'll prolly just dump it at a junkyard. anyway, now i am left with the eclipse. its a nice car, and im happy i didnt have to struggle to pay for it, but i simply cant stand it being automatic. im already saving money, and by the time im out of college in a couple years, i should be able to at least lease a ~30k car, or buy a used sports car. if i were to buy one now, i'd have a hard time deciding between an rx8, s2000, 350z, evo8 or sti. but since i dont have anywhere near the money for any of those, i dont have to worry about it for some time. anyway, heres some pics:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
RalliKai
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 02:35 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I drive a metallic blue 2001 Cavalier LS, its a pretty decsent car but I'm saving my money now for getting either a Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart or a Chevy Cobalt sport.
CrypticApathy
Posted: Oct 9 2004, 05:45 PM

OH SNAP!

Member No.: 1,065

i doubt yall need pictures as proof of waht i drive. But its a 96 nissan sentra xe. Im saving up for a FC or a S15
Psylas
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 12:27 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,600

user posted image
First car
user posted image
Upgrade grin2.gif
R34 Ma$tA
Posted: Oct 10 2004, 08:29 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,040

lol thats one hell of an upgrade...got any bread and milk?
Psylas
Posted: Oct 11 2004, 01:31 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,600

QUOTE (R34 Ma$tA @ Oct 10 2004, 08:29 PM)
lol thats one hell of an upgrade...got any bread and milk?

lol does it have to be bread and milk? how bout a sign or something dont want the neighbors thinking im crazy...or you could check me out on nasioc.com in the alaska chapter. Anyways ive got some plans for that badboy and cant wait till the white stuff hits the ground. Awd drift sessions baby grin2.gif
R34 Ma$tA
Posted: Oct 11 2004, 06:31 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 3,040

lol i guess thats fine but you could sneak the bread and milk in when they arent lokking fear2.gif

430 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »