Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Wild Reputation 2005

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 34,296  ·  Replies: 159 
> Phantasy Star Online 2, WTF SEGA!?!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 16 2011, 03:08 PM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

user posted image

I'm surprised that no one has started a thread about Phantasy Star Online 2 yet so I guess I might as well do it now!

Anyone remember when the Dreamcast came out way back in 1999? It's been 12 years since then and I still pick it occasionally when I feel like a change in scenery. The Dreamcast is a beautiful machine and it's kinda sad that it died out so quickly, there were so many titles that were just amazing for the console including Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, NiGHTS, Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Seaman, Shenmue... the list goes on and on. But I personally think that the best game for the Dreamcast is Phantasy Star Online. I was just a kid when the game came out in 2001 so I never got to play when the online servers were in, but I picked it up again over the summer just for laughs and I got hooked. I know that the graphics, camera angles, and pretty much everything else concerning the gameplay was just terrible but I personally liked the classic feel of the game. And don't even get me started on the difficulty of the game, I remember first starting out and getting KO'ed by every single freaking monster I ran across. (And there were tons of monsters everywhere... pinch2.gif ) Despite all of the games shortcomings in gameplay, it made up for it with a really neat character creation section and weapon design, but what really struck me while I was playing was the soundtrack, the music selection went with all the environments and flowed very nicely. The sheer size of the dungeons in the game was also nothing to sneeze at, they were huge when you got to the last area and what amazed me was that the game never lagged unless you got yourself into an area with 10+ eneimies that would hit you all at the same time for an instant and painful death. But enough of me ranting about some old game...

It's been about 10 years after the release of Phantasy Star Online, since then they have released the Phantasy Star Universe/Portable series, and Phantasy Star Zero. All of them are good games on their own but--in my opinion--none of them measured up to the epic feel of Phantasy Star Online. On the 10th anniversary of the Phantasy Star Online, Sega has announced Phantasy Star Online 2 for the PC. (It was sometime earlier this year.) I'm really looking forward to the release because they finally go back to the roots, and at the same time they are planning to add tons of new character creation features and gameplay elements!

Concept Trailer showing new gameplay elements(released over the summer):
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BLWcqxmPGHI )

Even though the official Phantasy Star Online 2 website is in Japanese it offers tons of pictures and videos of the creators talking about the new features along with the results of the alpha testing that they did over the summer. The Japanese Official Site Here

I hope I'm not the only one looking forward to the release of this game, coming to the US and the rest of the world sometime 2013!

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Nov 18 2013, 01:51 PM
Tessou
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 03:30 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

NO. The best game on DC was obviously Soul Calibur, followed by Shenmue. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Oct 16 2011, 05:18 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

DC got screwed by poor marketing. I love and collect old game consoles, I have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Genisis, PS1, PS2, XBOX, anything else I can find, dumpster diving rules!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 16 2011, 08:52 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Tessou @ 5 hours, 12 minutes ago)
NO. The best game on DC was obviously Soul Calibur, followed by Shenmue. wink2.gif

Well Tessou, in my defense I did say
QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Posted on 5 hours, 21 minutes ago)
I personally think that the best game for the Dreamcast is Phantasy Star Online

But you're right, I totally forgot about Soul Calibur! XD

I'm always looking for news on Phantasy Star Online 2 and I've found some of the best concept art that they had for the new redesigns of the character classes. [Images from their offical FaceBook page]

FOnewm (FORCE+male newman)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

FOmarl (FORCE+female human)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

HUmar (HUNTER+male human)
user posted image

RAcaseal (RANGER+female cast)
user posted image

HUnewearl (HUNTER+female newman)
user posted image

Did I forget to mention that the art from the Phantasy Star Online series is amazing? happy.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Oct 22 2011, 09:27 PM

Patient Zero

Yay! They have just launched a new blog on the Phantasy Star Online series and the first post was put up a few days ago! The blog is in Japanese but from what I can tell Satoshi Sakai (the Producer) links us to the other Phantasy Star series websites, and talks about another round of alpha testing. The most important part of the post if you ask me if the fact that he announces the return of mags! Any one who has played Phantasy Star Online--or more recently Phantasy Star 0--should know what I'm talking about! These little machines are so cute! [Image from the blog. Link here]

Mags return!
user posted image

They've also released some more character concept art on their FaceBook page! [Images from their offical FaceBook page]

HUmarl (HUNTER+female human)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 596. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

FOcaseal (FORCE+female cast)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 596. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

=My personal favorite so far=
HUcast (HUNTER+male cast)
user posted image

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Mar 5 2012, 11:40 PM
DownhillFR-S
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 10:23 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,205

Cannot wait. I will sink more hours in to this than I did Skyrim, and I'll gladly shell out for it each month. My love of Phantasy Star is a branch-off of my love for the .Hack anime series, as they're quite similar in many aspects. HONDA_CG2, I'll look forward to playing online with you when this launches some time next year. biggrin.gif HUmar for me, what about you? I'll probably follow my favorite character, Crim, and be a pole-arm wielding badass as usual.

This post has been edited by Downhill280Z on Dec 9 2011, 10:30 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 9 2011, 11:13 PM

Patient Zero

I'm a HUmar back in the original game for the Dreamcast, and then for Phantasy Star Zero I am a FOmar, RAcast, HUnewum. I love all the character classes evenly, it's awesome how they all offer their own pros and cons. Right now I'm thinking about making a HUcast and modeling it after EVA UNIT 01. Because I can do that on the AMAZING character creation screen. awesome.gif

BUT, if--by some unusual anomaly--I can't make a HUcast to look like an EVA UNIT of any sort, then I guess I'll just make my HUcast to look super cool. I get so excited when I start thinking about the items that we could use, so don't get me started on that. Although I'd like to use some sort of melee weapon... LANCE OF LONGINUS! Oh man, I'm a huge Evangelion nerd now...

Anyways, I found a copy of the GameCube version of Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II for $37 at a local swap meet the other day. Should I get it? I mean this game is very hard to find and it was in perfect condition when I found it. I want to get it because I'm a sort of hard-to-find game collector at heart, and there is a special side mission that gives you a cute Tails Chao that you can put into your Chao Garden in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Here's a picture of the Tails chao I speak of. How could you not want one? They are so CUTE! happy.gif

user posted image
DownhillFR-S
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 11:16 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 34,205

I say get it. It's fetching like 250+ on Amazon and a bit less on Ebay. Go for it!
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 26 2011, 02:01 PM

Patient Zero

They announced some new developments at the Akihabara PC Game Festival a few days ago. They also revealed the Opening Movie and a new trailer featuring tons of game play!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuN3UjC1w9o )

The new trailer is about 4 and a half minutes long and the rest of the video is the development team talking about the new features of the game.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYtXMIVSf00 )

I can't wait for the release of this game! It just keeps getting better and better! happy.gif
Hachi_Roku
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 08:42 PM

¥5000 GET !!

Member No.: 8,897

I put nearly 300 offline hours into a RAmar in PSO1, even going back occasionally to do runs in an effort to get one of the katanas.

I have a GameCube copy, and after finding out how much it's worth, I'm contemplating selling it.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Dec 26 2011, 09:54 PM

Patient Zero

You shouldn't sell it just yet! I think you should wait for the hype and interest about Phantasy Star Online 2 to peak--you know, right before the game gets released--then put it on the market. Although I think you should keep it since you put so much time into your RAmar. What katana are you looking for?

Also, join my team if you're interested in playing PSO2! I'm trying to gather a team of 15 other highly skilled players to take the servers by storm! Together we will take what is rightfully ours!--EVERYTHING! Just kidding, but seriously though, I'm looking for other people to play with so the game is worth getting. Don't get me wrong, the single player mode looks amazing but I'm sure playing by myself would get boring after a few months... happy.gif
Hachi_Roku
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 11:06 PM

¥5000 GET !!

I haven't looked over the item databases for a while, bit I think it was one of the fake Agitos.
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Mar 5 2012, 11:36 PM

Patient Zero

Man, I haven't updated this thread in a while. Well I guess now is a better time than ever to get back to this! They've released more concept art! I guess it's old news if you've been keeping up with it... They've finished the alpha testing and are now going into the closed beta tests! [From the offical FaceBook page and other sources]:

RAmar (RANGER+male human)
user posted image

FOcast (FORCE+male cast)
user posted image

HUcaseal (Hunter+female cast)
user posted image

RAcast (RANGER+male cast)
user posted image

RAnewm (RANGER+male newman)
user posted image

FOmar (FORCE+male human)
user posted image

RAmarl (RANGER+female human)
user posted image

RAnewearl (RANGER+female newman)
user posted image

Oh yeah, and NPC art. tongue.gif

Female Vendors
user posted image

Male Vendors
user posted image

Detailed alpha 2 test results and statistics:
http://pso2.jp/alpha2/

I'm so pumped for this game! Just look at all that detailed information! I can't wait for more game play footage! happy.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Mar 5 2012, 11:39 PM
Akii
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 03:02 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

Would love to try playing this. I have only been playing Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. Wanna try the real thing now.
Hachi_Roku
Posted: Mar 6 2012, 07:49 PM

¥5000 GET !!

Wait a sec, ANDROID Force class? I sense low TP and MST base stats...
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Mar 6 2012, 10:43 PM

Patient Zero

I know right? I freaked out when I saw the FOcast/FOcaseal classes. There's a huge debate over it, but I believe that they will find some sort of balance for them. I was also surprised by the RAnewm/RAnewearl classes. pinch2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Mar 27 2012, 02:09 PM

Patient Zero

They have another media briefing video up from March 25th and a few new developments, all mentioned within the video. But what I find most interesting is the fact that symbol chat will be making it's return from the original Phantasy Star Online, it will be on the PSP vita system and mobile devices (I have no idea how they're going to do that), and that the game is slated for release summer of 2012 in Japan. We must be getting close at this rate! smile.gif

ALSO SOMETHING ABOUT FREE TO PLAY!
I'm not sure if that's good news to everyone, but as a cash strapped college student. I love hearing the word free. But I suspect that means that there will be tons of downloadable content that we will need to pay for. Any thoughts or comments on this?

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaU-skUIeo&feature=player_embedded )

And another game play video featuring the lobbies and some new mechanics for mags and weapons!

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJszSQ5aKw&feature=player_embedded )

All this news is keeping me on the edge of my seat now! Can't wait! happy.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Mar 29 2012, 09:37 AM
Orisue
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 06:03 PM

The Lurker Kitty

Member No.: 37,618

Since this seems to be the correct thread for PSO2. First off I love how you can use your controllers in the game such as ps3,X Box, and the cheap usb ones that are similar to the Ps controllers. If your computer can run it I highly suggest putting the Graphics Settings to the highest setting. It's vivid and pretty damn awesome. The Game play is pretty straight forward if you played PSO you should not have any problem at all diving right in to the game and speeding through the tutorial and first few Quests. Once I dive deeper in to the game I'll surely tell you guys more about it. I also would like to add that if you get to at least level 10 you get 500 or 1000 AC and if you get to level 20 in the beta (highest level thus far) you will get 500- 1000 more AC and some disc in your room stating that your participation in the Closed BETA. Another thing I'd like to add is the game will be F2P and there will be a port for your smart phones. I would add on to that but I'm entirely confused on the mobile port right now. but all in all I love PSO2 as of far. I'll also be giving CG2 one of my invites then selling off the rest fir a fairly reasonable price.

This post has been edited by Orisue on Apr 29 2012, 06:06 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 29 2012, 07:50 PM

Patient Zero

So the beta testing is invite only huh? I've been checking for updates every so often on other sites, but I'm just so busy with everything else that I've forgotten about it! I've seen videos of the beta testing and I envy all the people who are involved. I would kill for the chance to play beta for a little while. If you could PM me the details of this invite thing then we would be golden! Thank you sir! biggrin.gif
Orisue
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 08:48 PM

The Lurker Kitty

If anyone is already playing this on the forums you can catch me on Ship 6
Character name artyped
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 29 2012, 09:05 PM

Patient Zero

Boy, I can't wait for my download to finish. Thank you so much for the invite Orisue! How did you get your hands on something like this? You're amazing! I'll try to get on Ship 6 too. By the way, what is the difference between the 6 ships?
PandaApex
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 07:22 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

Wait, there is invite only Beta testing going on >:U?
Orisue
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 08:35 PM

The Lurker Kitty

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the beta ended :<
THE_HONDA_CG2
  Posted: Apr 30 2012, 08:43 PM

Patient Zero

I DIDN'T EVEN GET TO PLAY! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I HOPE YOU'RE LYING!

*checks*

user posted image

I didn't even get to play the first mission yet! On the brighter side, now I can study for all my tests. dry.gif

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on May 1 2012, 11:12 PM
Orisue
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:05 PM

The Lurker Kitty

I was really hoping I could have a level 20 on ship 6 but that didn't go according to plan at all :/ but on the brighter note of things I got to participate. All in all I cannot wait for the iOS platform and vita platform. The PC is a given but those are the two platforms I'm really excited about.

7 Pages  1 2 3 »