Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.1) pleasure

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,958  ·  Replies: 119 
> You know You're addicted to ID5, This will be interesting~
Randy
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 05:39 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,890

...when you feel very tempted to drop your front tires on some lid-covered gutters on the road while steer at pretty high speed while driving. shifty2.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 04:32 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

i get really excited if i found a gutter that you can actually put your car's tire in...
Randy
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 04:46 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

Maybe we should look out for em' one of these days and try it. laugh.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Feb 18 2011, 07:27 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Heck, I do that all the time.

But the ones in the city and the like are all too shallow to actually DO anything. The closest I come to a Mizutoshi is on a winding highway ramp that has a slight elevation difference in asphalt from the main road to the side.

And even then you don't really feel a whole lot.

*Only did that because it was raining, had his tires on backwards, and had little to no sidewall left*
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Feb 19 2011, 06:24 PM

The Blue Lightning

malaysia's gutter are way too shallow, or just too narrow that you can't put a tire in... but there are some gutters that don't have lid and there's some space beside that, so it kinda look like tsukuba's
Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 20 2011, 08:04 PM

Rage Against The Light

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,515

Do forgive me for asking, but how does gutter-drift/mizutoshi work from a physics viewpoint? Does it have a sound theory or it only work because everyone believes on Bunta who believes it to work (a.k.a. Ork-style)?
•keL•
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 02:56 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 36,647

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 6 hours, 52 minutes ago)
Do forgive me for asking, but how does gutter-drift/mizutoshi work from a physics viewpoint? Does it have a sound theory or it only work because everyone believes on Bunta who believes it to work (a.k.a. Ork-style)?

there's a sound and confirmed theory for it;
if you look at it from a cross-section view,
you notice as the car is inside the gutter, the car will be tilted.
and you know as a car drifts, the weight will be distributed to the side opposite of
the direction the car is attempting to go to
(e.g if car drifts to the right, weight will all be pushed to left side)
as a result, that explains why we can't attack a corner at a ridiculous speed,
we will crash to the railings as all weight will be pulling us to the side

that's where gutter drift comes in,
as your car tilts into the gutter to the direction your car is attempting to drift to,
the weight will be distributed to that part,
(e.g if car drifts to the right, THIS TIME, weight will all be pushed to right side)
that's why we can attack the corner at a faster speed since we are assured that
our car won't get pulled off into the railings so easily, PROVIDED you know how to
control your car in the gutter (it's pointless if you scrap the gutter while attempting
to drift inside it, you will only slow down your car and destroy the tyre and chassis)

P.S one very easy way to test this theory, time yourself running down a flight of stairs with sharp corners, a good place would be multi-storey buildings, the first run would be not holding the handrails, then the next run would be with holding the handrails, just try it, and you will know what i mean (^ Д^)/

This post has been edited by •keL• on Feb 21 2011, 03:02 AM
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 04:50 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (•keL• @ 1 hour, 53 minutes ago)
there's a sound and confirmed theory for it;
if you look at it from a cross-section view,
you notice as the car is inside the gutter, the car will be tilted.
and you know as a car drifts, the weight will be distributed to the side opposite of
the direction the car is attempting to go to
(e.g if car drifts to the right, weight will all be pushed to left side)
as a result, that explains why we can't attack a corner at a ridiculous speed,
we will crash to the railings as all weight will be pulling us to the side

that's where gutter drift comes in,
as your car tilts into the gutter to the direction your car is attempting to drift to,
the weight will be distributed to that part,
(e.g if car drifts to the right, THIS TIME, weight will all be pushed to right side)
that's why we can attack the corner at a faster speed since we are assured that
our car won't get pulled off into the railings so easily, PROVIDED you know how to
control your car in the gutter (it's pointless if you scrap the gutter while attempting
to drift inside it, you will only slow down your car and destroy the tyre and chassis)

P.S one very easy way to test this theory, time yourself running down a flight of stairs with sharp corners, a good place would be multi-storey buildings, the first run would be not holding the handrails, then the next run would be with holding the handrails, just try it, and you will know what i mean (^ Д^)/

to summarize what kel said, which means gutter run is the best way to overcome g-force on a curve (that's the first part of gutter run).

the second part of gutter run which takumi used on ryousuke was using the g-force to his advantage, since the apex of the curve has the highest g-force, it creates a "slingshot" effect when you get out the gutter with perfect timing...
•keL•
Posted: Feb 21 2011, 05:06 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 36,647

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ 15 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
to summarize what kel said, which means gutter run is the best way to overcome g-force on a curve (that's the first part of gutter run).

the second part of gutter run which takumi used on ryousuke was using the g-force to his advantage, since the apex of the curve has the highest g-force, it creates a "slingshot" effect when you get out the gutter with perfect timing...

yes, what he said.. i know my explanation is always very wordy pinch2.gif
takumizim
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 10:57 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 37,186

Err you character like ryosuke smile.gif
stormfox
Posted: Apr 10 2011, 06:14 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

you know you are addicted to Initial D when....

for no reason... your feet will move as if they are stepping on the gas and brakes sometimes...

there is an urge to move the arms and simulate spinning the steering wheel once in a while...

a simulated ID run in your mind or watching an ID video triggers all of the above
Randy
Posted: Apr 10 2011, 08:04 AM

The Aspiring Sprinter

QUOTE (stormfox @ 1 hour, 50 minutes ago)
you know you are addicted to Initial D when....

for no reason... your feet will move as if they are stepping on the gas and brakes sometimes...

there is an urge to move the arms and simulate spinning the steering wheel once in a while...

a simulated ID run in your mind or watching an ID video triggers all of the above

Even during my working hours, trust me...I am charged guilty for that once in a while... tongue.gif

Though my boss said I should really go and get a driving license since he knew I love cars like crazy. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Randy on Apr 10 2011, 08:06 AM
Baotoan
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 11:57 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,263

....You call the owner of the store with four machines asking if cards came in everyday. Only to get the same reply, no.
Bumpercam
Posted: Jun 9 2011, 07:51 AM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

Lolbump. Not that it's relevant or something.

... when you start to remember that anime with the cute curly brunette main character as Hanasaku Irohazaka.

... when you start rotating your body even before you 'clear' a turn. While walking. Bonus point if it's a 180-degree blind turn.

... when you listen to Eurobeat on the bus and the bus started to drive erratically, you expected the bus to drift at any point.
BBL2R
Posted: Jun 20 2011, 03:48 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,308

You know u're addicted to ID5 when u want to attack a gutter at the corner when seeing it even though u're only driving 2 wheelies, LOL.
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 11:23 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Since this section of the forum has become part ID6 as well, thought of just putting some of those here.

ID5

1) After having drived for awhile, you feel like your car would drastically slow for no reason.

2) You brake, thinking it would give you a sudden boost of acceleration after you let go.

ID6

1) When you start seeing the word "DRIFT" next to your tachometer in your real car. blink.gif

2) When you start seeing gold and silver holograms on the roads.

3) You try and drift your car with as sharp as a turn as possible because you think it would gain magical speed as you do it.

4) When you think a real AE86 Trueno is one of the most overpowered cars ever to traversed the roads.

5) You push your car harder in rain, because you think water slows it down; and that its just as stable as normal anyways.

Both

1) You pretend to hold a steering wheel while sitting casually with family and friends, and turning said wheel sharply all over.

2) You curse after hitting the wall while driving in real life, because it made you lose a few seconds rather than because your car got dented.

3) Your wondering what happened to your digital white speedometer as you drive your car.

4) When your try to float over gutters by driving on them at a speed of over 80 km/h.

5) If someone is blocking you on the road at night and you want to pass him, you close your lights.

6) When you start thinking that all manuals are sequential shifts with no clutches.

7) You drive in a cross-lane lining in when you approach road turns (this one actually happened to me; its become a bad habit facepalm.gif).

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jul 18 2011, 12:11 PM
alvinkei
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 05:29 PM

Gangnam Style.

Member No.: 37,545

- when you approach a corner, u press brake once, turn, and then accelerate immediately hoping that your car will swing at a sharp corner

it happened to me once when going down the 1u carpark from 5th floor.. after playing for 2-3 hours .. almost bang the wall.
BaneX
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 05:39 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 37,517

Good heavens i dun own a car, but when i taking cab, i half expect the drivers to stat burning tyres and turn hairpins.

My mp3 plays nothing but eurobeat nowadays, man my wifey hates it but you see her face she know she cant say anything but tolerate
SonicSP
Posted: Jul 18 2011, 07:09 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (alvinkei @ 1 hour, 40 minutes ago)
- when you approach a corner, u press brake once, turn, and then accelerate immediately hoping that your car will swing at a sharp corner

it happened to me once when going down the 1u carpark from 5th floor.. after playing for 2-3 hours .. almost bang the wall.

Yes, OU 5th floor carpark is always empty on weekdays. Which makes for fun driving through and creative shortcut linings.

Fortunately for me, I've always been more of a grip person for safety and non skill reasons. lol
IDAsuki97
Posted: Oct 11 2013, 11:37 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 42,155

After IDA Stage 5 (I was playing IDA Stage 3 dat time) was shocked dat 2 token was required to play (OMG so expensive)!

When trying IDA Stage 5 for first time (WOW!!!! the graphic is SUPERBBB!!!)

playing for second time and thinks (Aiyah the graphic is a few times better than the 3rd nvm lah 2 token nia XD)

playing for 3rd time dying to make card XD

the rest when coming to mall which hav arcade center will VROOOOM to thr search for IDA XD (Especially Stage 5)

so excited when heard the stage selecting BGM in IDA Stage 5 when go home IMMEDIATELY search for da BGM XD

in shopping always play drift with the trolley especially turning XD

5 Pages  « 3 4 5