Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Age Kamiya's Theme

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 27,408  ·  Replies: 90 
> [FANFIC] Carbon Expressway - Epilogue, A Rift in Time
Rudy
  Posted: Apr 7 2008, 06:10 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Hannah
Posted: Apr 7 2008, 06:52 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 8,296

OK. That was just.. wow. Fuccking.. wow.
Not what one would expect from your run-of-the-mill ID fanfic. But this isn't that. XD It's just so.. kyaaaaaaaa, SUGOI!! I'm so totally diggin' this!!
95% accuracy for KS-tan, I did appreciate that, and the whole Yakuza and police thing.. It made me more into it, paying more attention to that than some Ranzuki mag or parapara event.. THAT wins mucho internets.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Drew
Posted: Apr 7 2008, 07:13 PM

Bought not Built

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,733

^agreed.

He's still got it. Well-done and properly executed.

Speaking of fics...heh, heh (jumps back onto computer to write next chaps. of own fic) *cough* shameless plug of Battleground USA *cough*
Meteor
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 05:00 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

The long awaited update has come.

And it's worth more than the wait. Freaking sweet chapter! biggrin.gif I think that's all that needs to be said.

Just a few mistakes you should clear up, and it'd be a near perfect chapter (near perfect because an absolute perfect is impossible)
a victim or road salt.

This kid just didn't give a damn about how own life. And... mayb eit was her

This post has been edited by Meteor on Apr 8 2008, 05:01 AM
Hannah
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 07:51 AM

Remember Me
Group Icon

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today at 8:00 AM)
The long awaited update has come.

And it's worth more than the wait. Freaking sweet chapter! biggrin.gif I think that's all that needs to be said.

Just a few mistakes you should clear up, and it'd be a near perfect chapter (near perfect because an absolute perfect is impossible)

He won't let me beta-read it for him, so it's useless to correct him about it. sleep.gif
TheFadedSeraph
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 08:20 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,099

I'm impressed, Dori.
Very nice job portraying Kurumi, as Paula stated.

-smiles and nods.-
You're getting better with your writing.
I wish I could belt out my stuff in that same manner.

I have to work on Karie's Autobiography, afterall...

-quiet, animated sigh.-

And yes, I'm kinda back on the forums.
Hannah
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 08:26 AM

Remember Me
Group Icon

QUOTE (TheFadedSeraph @ Today at 11:20 AM)
I'm impressed, Dori.
Very nice job portraying Kurumi, as Paula stated.

:3 *glee*
I agree, considering his SL that Kurumi's in.
It took a little bit of thinking to imagine a non-Shibuya Nights Kurumi, to imagine her as just a normal ganguro-turned TPD officer gal. After that, it was easy to see her the way he portrayed her. :3
Wheels84ss
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 10:52 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 275

Another well written chapter... I won't hit you for the firearms screw ups... They're not common knowledge. But next time just for your own head, Stick with the MP5 for the lady, m16's are only issued to swat guys and kinda hard to manuver in stealth. Oh and the 1911 only packs 8 rounds full size and 6 rounds compact.

Story wise, The telling was excellent and well thought out... Another great chapter... So we have to see where it goes next.
wing_0
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 11:22 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 24,095

Good work, Herr Dorifuta. Just like Paula said, you're straying from a regular ID fic... but that's what makes your work unique and more interesting. Keep up the good work, and oh... rookie eyes is an obvious nod to MGS, nee? tongue.gif
Rudy
  Posted: Apr 15 2008, 12:39 PM

Unregistered

This post has been edited by Reiji Dorifuta on Apr 15 2008, 12:59 PM
Drew
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 01:35 PM

Bought not Built

Goddamn!

GMC Typhoon; now that's unexpected, and freaking awesome at the same time!

Once again, well written, Reiji! Keep it up.
Hannah
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 07:19 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Most. Exciting. Chapter. Evar.
Well, aside from that one chapter, you know, Davey -vs- Tatsuya..? :3
Anyways, you know a certain muse of mine gets excitable over crazies in SUVs chasing down the main characters. tongue.gif I love the dialogue between Dom and Dave. *nodnodnod*
wing_0
Posted: Apr 15 2008, 09:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Stellar work, Herr Dorifuta, truly stellar work. Wonder what that Typhoon has under the hood? There's a GMC Typhoon competing in my country's drag racing championship, and it goes pretty fast, so I wonder how quick is the one in your fic.
Meteor
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 01:29 AM

Two words, one exclamation mark, and one Left Shift key.

FREAKING WIN!

That's all I really need to say about another excellent update. But I'll elaborate anyway just in case you aren't satisfied with a short review.

The way you wrote about the two old friends seeing each other again was well written. It was quite fun to read, especially them talking about the horrible patchwork on the SVX and at the part where Noma-err-Wanger fainted after finding out who he was talking to. laugh.gif

And then you've got them cruising around Tokyo, and mix it up with more well written dialouge.

And then we've got a GMC Typhoon chasing after the heads of our two heroes. The Typhoon's gaining ground, but the SVX finally gets into 3rd gear as well as get some luck on its side.

And after losing the Typhoon, they nearly crash through the railing thanks to some pretty bad brakes. I wonder when that's going to be fixed. Those two sure need some luck to get out of this one. If their brakes don't work right, they're in some trouble the next time they have to get to speed.

MOAR PLZ!
Hannah
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 05:46 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

QUOTE (wing_0 @ Today at 12:59 AM)
Stellar work, Herr Dorifuta, truly stellar work. Wonder what that Typhoon has under the hood? There's a GMC Typhoon competing in my country's drag racing championship, and it goes pretty fast, so I wonder how quick is the one in your fic.

If you really would like to know, it's a Chevy 350 V8 with two cylinders chopped off.

No, literally. The original concept of the 4.3 V6 was to have it be a baby 350, and that's exactly what it is. From there, GMC looked at the Buick Grand National for inspiration, relying on the 'Turbo V6 > V8' concept and doing some serious internal beefing up.

Stock, the engine, which people say is underrated by about 20 to 35 horsepower, produced 270 horsepower and 340 foot-pounds of torque. There's a sister truck called the Syclone, which looks like a Sonoma, but has the same engine and AWD system. The Syclone is faster and lighter, but I prefer the Typhoon tenfold.

[Like hell I'm giving it away!]'s Typhoon has had its turbo replaced with a Holset turbo from a Dodge Ram Cummins, a new intercooler installed, a beefier headgasket, fuel injectors, and a few other bolt-on goodies. It's making about 350 horsepower and 410 torque. Was that helpful? sweatingbullets.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 16 2008, 11:45 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

ITT: Shared Computers without multiple user accounts. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
wing_0
Posted: Apr 17 2008, 06:26 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (Paula-tan @ Yesterday at 5:46 PM)
If you really would like to know, it's a Chevy 350 V8 with two cylinders chopped off.

No, literally. The original concept of the 4.3 V6 was to have it be a baby 350, and that's exactly what it is. From there, GMC looked at the Buick Grand National for inspiration, relying on the 'Turbo V6 > V8' concept and doing some serious internal beefing up.

Stock, the engine, which people say is underrated by about 20 to 35 horsepower, produced 270 horsepower and 340 foot-pounds of torque. There's a sister truck called the Syclone, which looks like a Sonoma, but has the same engine and AWD system. The Syclone is faster and lighter, but I prefer the Typhoon tenfold.

[Like hell I'm giving it away!]'s Typhoon has had its turbo replaced with a Holset turbo from a Dodge Ram Cummins, a new intercooler installed, a beefier headgasket, fuel injectors, and a few other bolt-on goodies. It's making about 350 horsepower and 410 torque. Was that helpful? sweatingbullets.gif

Sure was, huge thanks, Paula-tan! happy.gif

It also seems that Nomake has read the fic... hope so. If the fic would be canned because of him not reading it, then I'm afraid that I'd have to use one of Europe's finest close quarters and projectile weapons... the Nokia. fear2.gif
Rudy
  Posted: Apr 25 2008, 10:05 AM

Unregistered

thx712517
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 01:19 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

I had a mental image of a blue Supra being packed into a crate, and the crate being wheeled into a large warehouse full of other crates as ominous music plays in the background.
Hannah
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 03:01 PM

Remember Me
Group Icon

Totally spot-on with Mitsune-san, although part of me is dreading the moment that or if Kurumi and her possibly meet. >.> But I doubt she would have a reason to start shit with such a rookie cop. xP
Hmm.. for some reason I see K and D meeting up again...

Your storytelling of these flashbacks is something awesome. :3

dkhfkegrf goddamn this Ubuntu POS D:<

This post has been edited by Paula-tan on Apr 25 2008, 03:02 PM
Drew
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 04:29 PM

Bought not Built

well, the aim we had last night seemed to be changed up a little bit, but still a very awesome update, Dori. thumbsup.gif
Meteor
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 08:07 PM

Another epic chapter made of freakin' win! And every single update makes the story all the more interesting biggrin.gif

I patiently await the next.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 9 2010, 12:49 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Just finished reading this fic like The Unbeaten Path, and this is almost as good!
It feels different than the first, but it's not too foreign, since Drifter's writing style is the same.
I loved reading this almost as much as the last one. cool.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
  Posted: Mar 17 2010, 02:34 AM

Unregistered

This post has been edited by Midnight Drifter on Mar 17 2010, 04:04 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 17 2010, 04:07 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

DAVEY ANDERSON WILL NEVER DIE! ONLY THE WRITERS WHO PLAY HIM! He also can't die until Dominic's SVX is fixed. Do work, son.

Good chapter, except of course that you left the Mitsune/demoncar bit at a cliffhanger to focus on Davey's story. Call me crazy, but a car possessed by some little girl is way more interesting. Then again, I think we all have a possessed car story or two to relate to on that one? whistling.gif

Good to see you fixed the clipping issue with Davey's Firebird. Would've been pretty terrible if the chapter had been released with him just constantly looping back to the centerline every time he tries to pull to the side of the road. shifty2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

4 Pages  1 2 3 4