Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) Dave Rodgers - 1 Fire

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

199 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 212,628  ·  Replies: 4,952 
> The Subaru Thread, Official Subaru thread for the Sub Fans
WRX DEMON Type R
    Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:28 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

laugh.gif

http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/09/13/spi...back/#more-3996

user posted image
user posted image

From the news I've heard on other scooby message boards, this impreza will be based on the legacy platform, as well unlike previous Subaru impreza and legacy wagons, it will not have glass running from the side to the rear window, as now the pillar there is visible (looks like a mazda wagon) and this generation of Impreza will only be served in wagon form. Apparently no more Impreza sedan and any dreams of coupe are crushed with that. crying2.gif

Sadly, if you read on the link... It might not be called the IMPREZA anymore sad.gif

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON Type R on Jul 3 2007, 10:24 AM
Möbius
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:30 PM

IDW Top Poster

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524

Nice find... Looks like it's getting LED tails, and the grille is gone... wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
awdrifter
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:48 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 15,255

It doesn't look that good, I think the 07 model looks better. If they are moving it to the Legacy platform, maybe they are planning a smaller car under the new Impreza, something that's more competitive in WRC.
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:51 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

I hope they dont call that fat bloated tank an impreza. Impreza's and Legacy's arent the same samething. There is a reason Subaru went with the impreza for rally'ing over the legacy ages ago.
Jabberwocky
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:51 PM

Hero or Zero cornering

Member No.: 3,476

Watch, both the new EVO and WRX will be fat pigs.
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:53 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

QUOTE (Jabberwocky @ Today at 11:51 PM)
Watch, both the new EVO and WRX will be fat pigs.

Sounds like a re-run to me. I'm pretty sure I saw that movie in 2002/2003 tongue.gif

This post has been edited by But she looked 18 officer on Sep 13 2006, 08:54 PM
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:56 PM

Member No.: 1,414

Despite being covered up, that doesn't look half bad at all... Interesting that they're building it on the Legacy's platform due to Subaru's WRC history.

As for the removal of the Impreza from the name, I thought that was old news? If I recall correctly, from around the time there was talk of Subaru trying to position itself to become a more luxury-oriented car maker.

"Spy photographer Chris Doane for Brenda Priddy & Company caught a disguised 2008 Subaru WRX in testing this week in California. Previously, there have been several sightings of possible WRX test mules (in Legacy bodies). These pictures show an actual WRX prototype. The car is expected to take some inspiration from the Subaru B5 concept, though evidently not as much as one might expect. As for power, insiders are anticipating a big update to the 2.5-liter H4 turbo, with an output of around 330-horsepower. Priddy says the Impreza name could change for the 2008 model year. Gallery after the jump…" [The Article]

Ummm...That WRX prototype is only in Legacy body right now... I didn't notice anywhere in the article there being any hint on it being based on the Legacy platform, or is that from NAISOC?

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Sep 13 2006, 08:58 PM
Möbius
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 08:57 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (But she looked 18 officer @ Today at 12:51 AM)
There is a reason Subaru went with the impreza for rally'ing over the legacy ages ago.

I have to agree with that, wasn't Subaru working on a smaller car for WRC? confused.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
sabishii
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:08 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 6,362

I could've sworn that I heard that Subaru was going to make the next Imprezas or WRXes hatchbacks (I forget the specifics).
Rudy
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:10 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:14 PM

In my honest opinion... I think that it would be fitting to end the Impreza name... For now...

10 years down the road, reintroduce the Impreza... A whole new platform, coupe, designed after the legendery 22B. That would be very fitting.
Rudy
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:18 PM

Unregistered

WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:22 PM

heh^ This time around, we will all be ready when they release a limited edition wide body 22b-equivalent for the new models, or maybe even see a new Type R subaru... wink2.gif
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 09:34 PM

Well... Doesn't the Subaru official website refer to it as WRX only now?

Either way look at the bright side Jeeves... More new parts for your car! That and personally I am digging the Matrix x WRX look... ><
Rudy
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 10:01 PM

Unregistered

BOZZ
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 11:06 PM

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

The name doesn't really matter in the end, as long as it's a great Subaru automobile that will be best.
Rudy
Posted: Sep 13 2006, 11:30 PM

Unregistered

Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 12:05 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

The very first thing that ran through my mind when I saw that car was, "What, they're putting the engine and driveline into a Legacy wagon?

...wow. Uhh... wow. So, it went:

Legacy-->Impreza-->Legacy?
90-94--->93-2007-->2008?

If you look at the designs. Damn it.

Oh well... guess I'll stick with used cars. XP
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 12:16 AM

Well it is a mule, so it might turning out like the B5... Which would... not be nearly as good as it looks now!
EA99
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 12:41 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

is it me or does the back half of the car look like a corolla? o_O
hellbent
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 05:56 AM

Married to his R6 since August 22.

Member No.: 4,490

they still have that stupid hood scoop, when will Subaru get rid of that boy racer look crap.
Everybody is running FMIC, but nooooo, SUbaru is special, they only want TOP-mounted IC, even though it affects aerodynamics quite a bit.

and why in hell seeing those pics, I think Iam looking at an Audi A3 rather than a Subaru test mule.
WRX DEMON Type R
  Posted: Sep 14 2006, 06:27 AM

QUOTE (hellbent @ Today at 9:56 AM)
they still have that stupid hood scoop, when will Subaru get rid of that boy racer look crap.
Everybody is running FMIC, but nooooo,  SUbaru is special, they only want TOP-mounted IC, even though it affects aerodynamics quite a bit.

and why in hell seeing those pics, I think Iam looking at an Audi A3 rather than a Subaru test mule.

Reason being,

Subaru cares about THE PEOPLE who buy their cars. Besides, what more can you ask for when your boy racer car seats a family of 5 with groceries in the trunk/cargo area, has an excellent AWD system, is capable of hauling trailers once only pickups used to, has top of it's class crash ratings AND generates 330HP and similar amount of torque to boot? I know I couldnt. That's a great car imho.

They wont get rid of the hoodscoop (which btw, is not stupid, it's a Subaru trademark, imho) and position the intercooler in the front because if they did that, they would have to sacrifice the front reinforment bar whether it being removing it or putting a smaller one in, which would dramatically effect the front end impact results.

In the end though, it's all about money, and Subaru understands that SAFETY, married to PERFORMANCE, SELLS!

So yah, dont call the hoodscoop stupid. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON on Sep 14 2006, 06:30 AM
Junon
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 09:27 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,554

looks like shit, but still an improvement over the latest gen.
DGoReck
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 09:47 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,662

Her's my take.

The Impreza is kinda like the civic of honda, whereas the legacy is the accord. Whatever the do to is, ok fine. I wouldn't mind seeing a hatch.

What they do need to do is bring over the 'P2' as a Subaru, and the new rally car as that. It's not different then Peugot going from the 206 to the 306 in the rally cars. The name and numbers of models are just that.

Honestly, subaru needs a sporty coupe. Luxourious or not.
Subaru need a smaller, leaner, tighter WRC car. The P2 can fit both sides of the story, giving Subaru a nice coupe and new platform to be competative in rally.

Hoodscoop is nice on the Subaru as it holds that InterCooler at almost Zero-Length from te Throttle body. Yes it can get heatsoak more, bu don't forget that the turbo on the Subaru's is located further from the exhaust ports on the heads. We loose valuable heat from that becuase of the huge distance. As we all know as well, that FMIC's have a lag becuase you need to build that pressure up through the entire piping. You ever see how many feet of piping is needed for a subaru front mount? I'll glady stick with my TMIC as long as its a Flat-engine.
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 14 2006, 09:52 AM

QUOTE (hellbent @ Today at 9:56 AM)
Everybody is running FMIC, but nooooo, SUbaru is special, they only want TOP-mounted IC, even though it affects aerodynamics quite a bit.

Actually they apparently are using FMIC in WRC these days. Either way isn't one of the reasons the EVO isn't sold publically in Canada due to it's FMIC?

Although the hoodscoop might not have much of a practical use it's been on the Impreza since (nearly) its creation (and as Jeeves said it, it's a trademark, without it, it just isn't a WRX anymore). It would be kinda sacreligious to remove it now. It doesn't hurt anyone, and bees love them too! smile.gif

199 Pages  1 2 3 »