Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Marko Polo - Speedy Speed Boy

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 16,503  ·  Replies: 164 
> Maximum Tune Players, Why are they always mocking us?
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:09 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 29,300

QUOTE (-ShinRei- @ 22 minutes, 34 seconds ago)
Own a D4 Machine..Like SWK? ermm2.gif Now it's getting more like SERIOUSLY.. sad.gif

Does SWK really own that damn machine??? ermm2.gif
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:11 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 32,432

haha i checked online for the price of the machine before...5 figure sum (guess it's SGD and excluding shipment fees) to buy it...omg.

i heard of ID champions in jap as a small little boy...perhaps only 10 years old that kind of stuff?

it's just something parents in SG wouldn't allow their kids to excel in grin2.gif

EDIT: events in game...i see. better than nothing i guess...

This post has been edited by shaojie on Apr 13 2009, 07:12 PM
stormfox
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:16 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

In game events is where they set a target or a goal or a challenge or something.

if you manage to beat it, then you can choose from a selection of brand stickers to stick on the door of your car.

like that Ryosuke does to this FC.

there was an annual Arcade game competition in SG. Daytona and IDv3 was 2 of the games back then. i dont know if its still around or not... haha... i faded away in v4

oh yar.. dont forget the fees for an Entertainment license you need to have to own these machines. i recall there is one.

This post has been edited by stormfox on Apr 13 2009, 07:17 PM
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:19 PM

IDW Expert Member

there is arcade competition in SG?! oh man my blood boils...haha

entertainment license...that i am new to it. now it becomes blardy expensive to own one...
Heron
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 07:49 PM

逆天改命

Member No.: 32,391

I never been to one before...UGC...=)

Hopefully this year there will be one.
shaojie
Posted: Apr 13 2009, 08:24 PM

IDW Expert Member

what is UGC...?

well if there is ever an event for ID5 in SG perhaps we can have outing together! haha just an idea. laugh.gif
Martyr
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 08:22 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,600

I started out in Initial D when it was before it got at its peak (Between version 2 and 3), and I actually fell in love with the game. WHen Maximum tune came out, I played it for a bit, and it was ok. I mean, there is that small challenge with traffic, but after 3 was there for a while, I just lost interest on it, then went back to Initial D. I actually get people questioning me of why Initial D?

I told them "Can you drive an actual car that has 700 hp and make those turns? It might be too dangerous and can not happen in real life, maybe theoretically. When you are playing this game, you learn some of the ideas of what street racing is and the simulation of it is as close as the real thing gets."
shaojie
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 08:35 PM

IDW Expert Member

actually i sort of respect those guys who started the REAL Wangan...saw a youtube video of a crazy guy in his FD3S speeding in the highways with his speed way above what his speedometer can show him...since Wangan was famous because of these guys with balls to speed to 300km/h

but besides speeding i don't see much cornering from the video. or rather there is...but the corners were gentle and their speed was not as high as 200+...

as for the game itself...tecnically i feel wierd with the touge tracks in Wangan...it's those unrealistic speed range in such maps that make ID5 (not ID4 because IMO ID4 is unrealistic in its own way) look slow with 80+ cornering speeds...
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 14 2009, 08:40 PM

The Legendary R Master

Member No.: 29,882

Well, this is an Arcade Video Game, not a Simulator wink2.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: Apr 14 2009, 08:42 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

swk does not own a machine
just because they had a laptop set up next to the machine in a video doesnt mean anything, we do it with wmmt all the time....just lenient arcade owners and staff xD
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 14 2009, 08:51 PM

The Legendary R Master

Oh I see.. happy.gif I thought He actually own one ohmy.gif
Pepboys
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 07:46 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 28,808

I play both with a set of freinds and from my observations it's because most of them don't like the two way gearstick or the fact that ID requires more finesse and knowledge of the track.

Wangan Midnight is all about the tension of the slightest movement being able to completely screw up your momentum and the blistering speed you experience.

Initial D is about cutting corners whenever possible to get a better time and has a more personal feel almost like a fighting game.

Most of the time players I talk to keep bunching them together even though they play in two different ways.
shaojie
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 08:08 AM

IDW Expert Member

interesting observation...i agree with Pepboys.

from i will just elaborate that both games will see how much balls do you have in different ways- one in highways, irritating traffic and one in touge dogfight
Martyr
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 02:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,600

Yeah I suppose. I guess its just preference.
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 05:04 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Yesterday, 8:42 PM)
swk does not own a machine
just because they had a laptop set up next to the machine in a video doesnt mean anything, we do it with wmmt all the time....just lenient arcade owners and staff xD

Are you sure? Because if you look at the video, it looks like he wasn't in an arcade, it looks like he was in an actual room.
BDDEE@
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 07:31 PM

IDW Goldmember

we have an arcade here that looks similiar, has a resturant and a lan all in one big room
its just a different style of arcade, or possibly when they rent machines they take the machine to a seperate room
Jerry Liu
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 08:34 PM

I <333 Taylor Swift!!!

That computer doesn't even look like a laptop. Looks more like a desktop to me...
BDDEE@
Posted: Apr 15 2009, 09:04 PM

IDW Goldmember

so? and that dignifies how he has a machine at his house?
as i said its probable they rent a machine , and possibly a pc for the person who is not playing and set it aside in a small area or room, like one of those places like at chinatown here that has restaurant/lan/arcade/pool hall in the same area ... they do it in hk but most probably dont have a lan area in same arcade
DarK_Mini
Posted: Apr 16 2009, 04:36 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 32,060

i like both games i aint biased about it cool.gif
S H I N I
Posted: Apr 16 2009, 08:35 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 32,252

QUOTE (stormfox @ Apr 12 2009, 09:45 PM)
you havent seen what ID was like back in V2 and V3 days?

it has a far far bigger crowd than even Wangan now. basically every arcade that has ID machines had their own racing team at that time. challenges and races between teams were going on from time to time...

ahh... those where the golden days of ID SG laugh.gif

Nicely said Foxy.

I miss the nearly 48 hours marathon ID competition held at Downtown East The Marquee. Brought a tent and pitched it to let the team members/players cycle their turns to take a short snooze before being called out again to race.

Team X-Treme, Midnight, Invaders, Ultra... those were the days. happy.gif

And that epic match held at Bugis Junction between X-T and Mid9. Had a crowd of more than nearly 30 people from the forum and some outsiders struggling to get a peep at the match. I remembered some even carried stools over from the fighting cabinets to tower over the crowd to get a glimpse!
N643
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 07:01 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

LOL BATTLE GEAR 4 IS THE FUNNEST OUT OF ALL, cuz watching noob mt & id players play bg4 is funny cuz the game is BASIC on real driving

like the mt players would think it's like mt, where ur on gear 5 or 6 on straights & then just change 2 gear 4 or 5 when entering a corner & what do u get BAM U HIT THE WALL or when they don't know how 2 change gears & what the clutch is used 4

then theres the id noobs thats are the same as the mt noobs but when they see a up/down shifter they it's like id, especially when they see the map akina & akagi they go "oh it's exact same thing as initial d" & what u get at the end BAM U HIT THE WALL

it's so funny lol
J]-[UN
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 07:09 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 5,953

lololol so diplomatic, are you ok ah??? o.o
stormfox
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 07:45 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (S H I N I @ Apr 17 2009, 12:35 AM)
Nicely said Foxy.

I miss the nearly 48 hours marathon ID competition held at Downtown East The Marquee. Brought a tent and pitched it to let the team members/players cycle their turns to take a short snooze before being called out again to race.

Team X-Treme, Midnight, Invaders, Ultra... those were the days. happy.gif

And that epic match held at Bugis Junction between X-T and Mid9. Had a crowd of more than nearly 30 people from the forum and some outsiders struggling to get a peep at the match. I remembered some even carried stools over from the fighting cabinets to tower over the crowd to get a glimpse!

heeh..

for those who are wondering... UGC = Ultimate Games Challenge.
It is the arcade games competition i was talking about.

And it goes on non-stop for a couple o days like Shini mentioned 48hrs non-stop ID knockout tournament.
the japs play their tourney over a few days. we do it at one shot laugh.gif

Heys Shini.. there were only 30ppl meh? sure felt like a lot alot more! ...
heeh.... kind of like the Anime racing teams that goes around challenging ppl.
SG style...

This post has been edited by stormfox on Apr 18 2009, 07:45 PM
shaojie
Posted: Apr 19 2009, 02:57 AM

IDW Expert Member

oh gosh...i certainly hope that i will have the skills and chance to compete when such an event comes...
-ShinRei-
  Posted: Apr 19 2009, 05:59 PM

The Legendary R Master

Oh man, I envy Your Country, I f*cking hate My Country sad.gif

7 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »