Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 2 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Monster at the velocity

Important Rules
user posted imageNOTE : All pinned topics were replaced by one main topic that links to important topics. Check that topic out first before starting a new one. Please read the thread (Competition) - General Rules before making a challenge topic. All challenge threads must adhere to the example challenge format. All competitions are based on a honor system, lying about your lap times could earn you an actual warning. Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums. Any inflammatory comments, flaming and flame baiting will not be tolerated. Violators will be issued an actual warning. These forums are for friendly competitions.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 23,450  ·  Replies: 116 
> Gran Turismo 6, 6/12/2013 release
pingu86
Posted: May 18 2013, 03:15 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,079

^ I guess Playstation CEO what it to be in PS3 and more $$$ for the last gen console... For me I will wait for PS4 version...
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 18 2013, 11:02 AM

That guy from Belgium

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,995

QUOTE (Lupin_III @ 8 hours, 41 minutes ago)
Why are they releasing this on both the PS3 and PS4? I really don't understand what they are thinking..

Maybe it's some rule that they're sticking to. Each playstation had 2 main GT games, so I guess that's the logic? unsure.gif

Plus the ps4 GT game might aswell be GT7...
8M6_celica
Posted: May 19 2013, 04:51 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 40,461

Not to mention faster loading times.

I don't know about everyone else, but the loading times between menus for me was incredibly slow even with it installed.

This. I had the game installed on my PS3 and my buddy didn't..our load times were nearly identical (mine was faster, but only marginally). Idk if this was an anomaly..but that's my experience with that...lol

and overall, I'm pretty excited about this game. I began my simulation racing game experience with GT, and I will forever be a GT fan. I also have an Xbox 360, and I've given Forza a chance (I LOVE the exterior/aero/rim options in Forza) But I've always been a helluva lot more comfortable with the GT physics.

I'm also curious to see what bonus cars gfor pre-ordering will be...although I assume the game will have a couple delays a la GT5...and that original release date will not be accurate (but who knows...we might get a pleasant surprise! haha)
Phantom_R32
Posted: May 20 2013, 03:52 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Some Nurburgring gameplay.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DmAwnzOuBs )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jaIL00cRsY )

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6gIBNknjfc )

Comparison:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsBHH5Nda0o )

Wasn't expecting any change with the visuals, but I'm actually pretty impressed. It looks a lot nicer. The trees blur better when going by, and I didn't see any shadow jaggies in those videos. Hopefully they fixed all the jaggies, and the screen tearing.

The new physics engine is pretty noticeable as well, even without the comparison video.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on May 20 2013, 04:00 PM
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 20 2013, 11:47 PM

That guy from Belgium

It's also looking a bit darker, and that's a good thing, gt5 with the time change races was a bit too bright for my taste.
Myrnn
Posted: May 22 2013, 01:52 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 39,421

they are releasing for both ps3 and ps4 because only a handfull of people actually buy the playstation consoles or any consoles upon release, ps3 released here for like $1300 with 20gb or something, i got a 500gb one with 2 controllers and 4 games for $400 under 2 years later.

And i will probably make some videos for GT6 on ps3.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: May 23 2013, 03:37 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

I'm super pumped! I really like the physics in GT5 and the feeling of grip from the force feedback in my G25 wheel was good too.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Vile
Posted: May 23 2013, 08:19 PM

IDW's Furfag

Member No.: 30,586

Same here! Even if I'm reading all the crybaby comments about GT6 on Youtube, I'm stoked. It's about time I revise my ghetto wheelstand for my G27 before the GT6 demo on July. smile.gif

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-dem...ming-july-2013/
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 25 2013, 03:00 AM

That guy from Belgium

Why does Gran Turismo 6 appear on the PS3 and not the PS4? A good question and PlayStation Europe boss Jim Ryan now also explains why the decision was taken. "You had GT and GT2 on PSOne, GT3 and GT4 on PS2 and GT5 on PS3. So there is a spot left, "says Ryan. That is not the only reason GT6 appears on PS3.

"The difference between GT and GT2 is incredible, even though both games appeared on the same console. The difference between GT3 and GT4 is also huge. We are also convinced that GT6 will be a big step compared to GT5 forward. There is still much potential in the PS3 and Polyphony is a developer who can prove that. Another important factor is the fact that there are 70 million PS3 consoles brought to the man. The PS4 is however not in any living room. Yet there will be a lot of PS4 games to look forward to, like Drive Club in the racing genre, "says Ryan.

Yeah, so there's your reason for why GT6 is on the PS3...

This post has been edited by Drift Dude on May 25 2013, 03:00 AM
Nukem
Posted: May 25 2013, 04:08 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,579

I prefer Forza to Gran Turismo. GT5 looked prettier, but the physics didn't feel right. Like I did last time I will probably end up buying both and deciding from there which I like more. One of the things that pulled me away from the GT series was the lack of modding and customization. I mean certain cars I couldn't install force induction...really??? GT6 should be labeled GT5 retry. I am sure that PD will fix most of the complaints that plagued GT5.

Another complaint about GT5 was the number of tracks they claimed they had 40% of them were just reversed tracks. So the number was kind of limited. I hope they add a lot more tracks. I would like to see a way to have computer partner for the long endurance races like 24 hrs of Le Mans. Since most people hated B-spec(I thought it was useless) they could at least allow you to use your B-spec drivers in the Endurance race. Use them on your race team.
DreadAngel
Posted: May 26 2013, 12:22 AM

恐怖の天使

Member No.: 23,183

Ah... So there is going to be a GT4? about time...

GT5 aka GT3.5 was a huge disappointment... After so many years between GT4 [GT3 Extended] and GT5 was massive yet they could only produce that much... Perhaps GT6 will give what GT5 was meant to be but I don't hold much faith.

I'm a GT to FM convert... I was happy till GT4, which set the tone for everything after...

I found FM1-3 intriguing however FM4 was so nice...
Drift Dude
  Posted: May 26 2013, 01:38 AM

That guy from Belgium

A new gameplay vid of autumn ring poped up today.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9HHK2LxlNS0 )
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 10 2013, 05:33 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

They showed Willow Springs in the E3 GT6 trailer. awesome.gif
8M6_celica
Posted: Jun 10 2013, 05:50 PM

IDW Full Member

After seeing the gameplay trailers, I'm getting more and more excited! And I hope they add a lot more customization options...and BRING BACK BRAKING UPGRADES!!!!...lol (Brembo posters all over the place but no available brake upgrades..come on...)
Tygur
Posted: Jun 10 2013, 06:28 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 40,507

The more I see, the more skeptical I am about them fixing the features I'd like to see fixed. Its probably going to be this VS forza deciding what console I buy.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Jun 10 2013, 09:41 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (Tygur @ 3 hours, 12 minutes ago)
The more I see, the more skeptical I am about them fixing the features I'd like to see fixed. Its probably going to be this VS forza deciding what console I buy.

GT6 is going to be PS3 only, and the PS4 has no backwards compatibility. Just in case you're unaware.

Unless you really do mean you plan on buying a PS3 or XB1.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Jun 10 2013, 09:41 PM
Tygur
Posted: Jun 10 2013, 11:15 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Oh yeah, true. Slipped my mind. With all the E3 crap around, I forgot things like GTA and Turismo and Diablo are going to be current gen at least partly. I like PS4 more, but I gotta go for Forza since I'll be able to get GT6 anyway. But the PS3 controller triggers are still miserable, gotta hunt down a good one for racing.
8M6_celica
Posted: Jun 11 2013, 02:20 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Tygur @ Yesterday, 11:15 PM)
But the PS3 controller triggers are still miserable, gotta hunt down a good one for racing.

this. I bought the HKS PS3 controller just because I only play GT5 (I share a PS3 with my little brother) so that was the best I got. For some reason, I can't drive with a wheel/pedal setup like the Driving Force Pro to save my life.
RedsunsF1
Posted: Jun 11 2013, 02:38 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Surprised how many of my friends including myself will most likely be doing the switch from Forza to GT.

I'll still play Forza but i'm honestly more excited about GT6. Hopefully we can get an IDW lobby going when the games is released.
Lupin_III
Posted: Jun 11 2013, 07:27 PM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Member No.: 40,907

New trailer from E3.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4nhvi6DyxI )
8M6_celica
Posted: Jun 12 2013, 04:16 PM

IDW Full Member

^I saw that...looks pretty awesome to me!
Tygur
Posted: Jun 12 2013, 04:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (8M6_celica @ Yesterday, 2:20 PM)
this. I bought the HKS PS3 controller just because I only play GT5 (I share a PS3 with my little brother) so that was the best I got. For some reason, I can't drive with a wheel/pedal setup like the Driving Force Pro to save my life.

Awesome, I was thinking about that but it looks like the "steering wheel" part is turned the wrong way. And I'm used to triggers not face buttons. May give it a try, though. Does it even have triggers? and are they any good?

EDIT: did some more research, and considering I found one for super cheap and GT6 is going to be PS3, went ahead and ordered it

This post has been edited by Tygur on Jun 12 2013, 05:07 PM
8M6_celica
Posted: Jun 13 2013, 05:49 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Tygur @ Yesterday, 4:53 PM)
Awesome, I was thinking about that but it looks like the "steering wheel" part is turned the wrong way. And I'm used to triggers not face buttons. May give it a try, though. Does it even have triggers? and are they any good?

EDIT: did some more research, and considering I found one for super cheap and GT6 is going to be PS3, went ahead and ordered it

It took me a little while to get used to, but its a helluva lot better than the stock PS3 controller...plus i can simulate heel-toe downshifting tongue.gif
and just a FYI...the digital numbers are totally INACCURATE as to the percentage the throttle is pushed....idk how nitpicky you are about that sort of thing
Drift Dude
  Posted: Jun 14 2013, 03:22 AM

That guy from Belgium

Just a quick update, the demo is going live on July 2

It's also tied in with the next GT academy thing.
Tygur
Posted: Jun 15 2013, 11:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (8M6_celica @ Jun 13 2013, 05:49 PM)
It took me a little while to get used to, but its a helluva lot better than the stock PS3 controller...plus i can simulate heel-toe downshifting tongue.gif
and just a FYI...the digital numbers are totally INACCURATE as to the percentage the throttle is pushed....idk how nitpicky you are about that sort of thing

Probably wouldn't even look at that number and go by feel instead. I've heard that its not very linear, though. It should be delivered Monday. Can't wait to actually be able to play GT again. Never had a problem with the steering, I was more one of those go-in-at-the-limit, point the wheel, and use gas and brakes to balance over and under steer.

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 »