Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) TAKUMI’S THEME II

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

• This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
• People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,073  ·  Replies: 107 
> IDAS4 Techs and Terms (Stage ALPHA for ver1.2), Beginners pls read 1st post
DamienWolf
  Posted: Oct 1 2007, 08:31 AM

Not Without Incident

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (echizenryoma @ Yesterday at 10:06 PM)
Actually=.=
With the game physics=.=
Anything is possible...
Out-out-out
In-in-in
etc.

For stock cars, in-in-out is one of the best lining.... This line is totally opposite from ID3's lining....
BUT
FOR FT cars, ID3 lines seems to be working=x I seen people braking in akina=.= And loses oni 7km/h on the first corner....

Yeah actually this time I get to agree with you. There are a variety of ways that you do lines now.

The in-to-in method works with very late cornering so you can take advantage of the speed you can muster before you turn. The out-to-in method gives you a safer line BUT can only be done if you turn REALLY early. I'll draw an example next time.
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 1 2007, 09:00 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

The in to in method seems to work best for stock cars still.. Due to the fact that they cant reallie turn much and their entering spd into a corner is not fast enough.... So the in to in method is the most idealistic, safe and fast method for stock=x

Yet, the safer lines are lines which FT cars usually take as the spd is too fast or juz fast... Pc into the corner and cancel wheel lock with another pc.... Gets u a gd exit spd=)
n3muru_zha1
  Posted: Oct 3 2007, 05:14 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

i know the technic but sometime i will just make some stupid mistake. and i don know why my car acceleration will quite slow when i in gear 5...especially the akina downhill section 4....and one more thing...eventhough i use PC in turning...and i will still hit my butt to the ram??can anyone teach me how to drift more better?? everytime i also lose by that...and it really hurts... XD!!
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 5 2007, 04:37 AM

IDW Prime Member

Yes...
Why not use the steering wheel more instead of juz pc'ing or other methods. Every corners in the game CAN be completed without letting go the accelerator and juz downshift and turn-.- Stock cars can even complete courses with juz turning the wheel=.=
projectevo5
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:03 AM

Neo Devil Z

Member No.: 6,088

wthis game is so odd, anyone know how i can deal with this problem? when i take a turn my car is facing the inside of the turn but near the exit my car turns outward toward the wall without me touching the wheel. i drive an Evo9
DamienWolf
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 08:25 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (projectevo5 @ Yesterday at 10:03 PM)
wthis game is so odd, anyone know how i can deal with this problem? when i take a turn my car is facing the inside of the turn but near the exit my car turns outward toward the wall without me touching the wheel. i drive an Evo9

OMFG... did you even read the first post?
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:15 PM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Today at 8:25 AM)

relax....
a common thing in the forums...
never opening their eyes to reading stuff
onisama
Posted: Oct 20 2007, 06:39 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,113

Here's two links that might be useful...

https://initiald-arcade.com/glossary.php#r

http://initiald.sega.com/sitedata/index.html

Edit: btw don't forget the 4 in 3 out iro's wallrape...

This post has been edited by onisama on Oct 20 2007, 06:44 AM
admiralhonshu
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 03:59 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 3,739

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Oct 10 2007, 08:25 AM)

Okay heres a question for you, does PC work for an auto? smile.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 04:08 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

seriously ... think about this
does tapping the brake to cancel the wall penalty have anything to do with how you shift
in other words when you PC it doesnt matter if its auto or manual, because it does not require any extra shifting like eraser in v3 it just requires a simple tap of the brake
so YES IT DOES WORK ON AUTO ... look around abit more
Alv
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 04:59 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,662

this guy is ridiculous. he just asked tat question in another thread. do u need people to vote a poll for u just to check whether PC works for auto? dry.gif
junetrish024
Posted: Oct 25 2007, 05:01 AM

The 5a.m.-coffee-drinking- Evo.IV-driver

Member No.: 20,298

Well... Since ID4 is young... I guess we'll be seeing alot of them quetions posted on the daily basis so... yeah... They might need it... (Oi! I didn't give you guys an idea right? XD)
pshcyo
Posted: Oct 26 2007, 05:08 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,185

What that guy said about braking in akina...i find its pretty essential. It works like this: just before the as you initiate the turn, Gas>Brake>Gas, but dont hold the gas too long. Its sorta like a PC. just before the turn I only beat Takumi with braking. It's kinda like real life drifting.. And doing that induces overstear, especially in the corner after the straight where Takumi is really slow. The oversteer there is pretty obvious.

By the way is that techniqe essential in beating Keisuke on Tsukuba?

Feel free to contradict me.

This post has been edited by pshcyo on Oct 26 2007, 05:09 AM
08TTGSL
Posted: Oct 27 2007, 09:59 AM

Eww evo

Member No.: 19,156

can someone post facts about tuning cars. i jus started yesterday and its way fun.
kravhen
Posted: Oct 27 2007, 07:13 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 21,221

Anyone tried Throttle Control? And by that of course I mean when going through corners, pushing the gas pedal only partially, like 75%-50% in? Something I noticed on my last trip to the arcade is that when I entered a corner full gas then in the middle of it, after starting to turn the wheel, I would raise my feet a bit, NOT releasing the gas fully, just lifting up feet a bit, so that the gas pedal stays 50-75% in. I'd hold it there for a split second then full gas again, and the effect I feel on my FD is kind of like a forced oversteer.

Basically:
1. Approach corner normally.
2. Turn the wheel to take the corner.
3. Raise feet to hold only 50-75% gas pedal pushed.
4. Quickly push feet down again for full gas.
5. Feel magic oversteer that helps turning sharp and very sharp corners more easily.

I'll try again next time and compare entry/exit speeds if I can, but has anyone ever tried this? I know some people release gas completely before the corner, turn, then at the apex full gas again, and sure that helps taking sharp corners, but its because they lose alot of speed right? This "technique" i've tried doesn't seem to bring a speedloss as big. There's not a point when gas is released completely, yet the oversteer ( or "boost to steering" ) that occurs is enough to take corners properly, especially sharp ones, without hitting outside wall, and even possibly avoiding wheel lock.
pshcyo
Posted: Oct 27 2007, 08:29 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 27,185

Thats about the same technique as maximum tune for turning.
kravhen
Posted: Oct 27 2007, 09:56 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 21,221

QUOTE (pshcyo @ Today at 8:29 PM)
Thats about the same technique as maximum tune for turning.

yeah but the effect is not like WMMT obviously because turning doesn't nearly feel the same I guess =P in idas4, you pump back the gas fully right after and it makes you turn better towards the inside, while in WMMT the more gas for more on the outside your car goes

This post has been edited by kravhen on Oct 27 2007, 09:58 PM
foong_yau
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 02:59 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,576

That Mean FRD, FFD, AWD, MRD all type of car can use in this techs?
echizenryoma
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 03:12 AM

IDW Prime Member

ALL THE ABOVE QNS
HAS ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED=.=

For accelerator control...
LOOK FOR THE THREAD, LOTS OF IT

Tuning cars...
LOOK FOR THE THREAD

@ Pshcyo : Keisuke? Dun ever release the accelerator... As for ur technique... Nt bad but usually it is a bad idea for car to go crab... ( Crab walk )
KeNgai_rcrZero
Posted: Nov 1 2007, 02:49 PM

Reigning and Defending

Member No.: 625

Get used to it guys, the same questions are going to keep reappearing no matter how long the games been out haha, you'll learn to deal with it, I did.

onisama
Posted: Nov 4 2007, 09:02 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (kravhen @ Oct 27 2007, 07:13 PM)
Anyone tried Throttle Control? And by that of course I mean when going through corners, pushing the gas pedal only partially, like 75%-50% in? Something I noticed on my last trip to the arcade is that when I entered a corner full gas then in the middle of it, after starting to turn the wheel, I would raise my feet a bit, NOT releasing the gas fully, just lifting up feet a bit, so that the gas pedal stays 50-75% in. I'd hold it there for a split second then full gas again, and the effect I feel on my FD is kind of like a forced oversteer.

Basically:
1. Approach corner normally.
2. Turn the wheel to take the corner.
3. Raise feet to hold only 50-75% gas pedal pushed.
4. Quickly push feet down again for full gas.
5. Feel magic oversteer that helps turning sharp and very sharp corners more easily.

I'll try again next time and compare entry/exit speeds if I can, but has anyone ever tried this? I know some people release gas completely before the corner, turn, then at the apex full gas again, and sure that helps taking sharp corners, but its because they lose alot of speed right? This "technique" i've tried doesn't seem to bring a speedloss as big. There's not a point when gas is released completely, yet the oversteer ( or "boost to steering" ) that occurs is enough to take corners properly, especially sharp ones, without hitting outside wall, and even possibly avoiding wheel lock.

Throttle control is good on the starting corners of Akagi downhill and on certain corners of Tsukuba. It takes alot of experience to know what technique to use for certain corners.
Unfortunately, PC (penalty cancel) and Wallrape are your best friends....

Here are the following techniques I know of and sometimes use...

Throttle control
Brake control
Drift cancel
Heel and toe
Clutch kick
Accel off
Feint
Dynamic drift or lift off
Angel slide or kamikaze slide
power slide or power over
e-brake
4-wheel drift

Note: I recently discovered Brake control which is like Throttle control but for the brakes. It has a similar effect as e-braking but it's a lot smoother and from brake control, I discovered drift cancel. Which is only stopping the car from sliding and forcing it to face the inside of a corner. You won't understand the use of this unless you watch the vid.

Watch the tail lights carefully for a good understanding on the rythm of my braking.
Click this link for an example

edit:^ READ IT CAREFULLY, YOU'LLE NOTICE THAT I NEVER MENTIONED THAT THOSE TECHNIQUES ARE SOLELY FOR IDAS4

This post has been edited by onisama on Nov 4 2007, 07:27 PM
DK_2
Posted: Nov 4 2007, 09:35 AM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Whoa that's some hardcore ID action! wink2.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: Nov 4 2007, 05:58 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

QUOTE (onisama @ Today at 3:02 AM)
Throttle control is good on the starting corners of Akagi downhill and on certain corners of Tsukuba. It takes alot of experience to know what technique to use for certain corners.
Unfortunately, PC (penalty cancel) and Wallrape are your best friends....

Here are the following techniques I know of and sometimes use...

Throttle control
Brake control
Drift cancel
Heel and toe
Clutch kick
Accel off
Feint
Dynamic drift or lift off
Angel slide or kamikaze slide
power slide or power over
e-brake
4-wheel drift

Note: I recently discovered Brake control which is like Throttle control but for the brakes. It has a similar effect as e-braking but it's a lot smoother and from brake control, I discovered drift cancel. Which is only stopping the car from sliding and forcing it to face the inside of a corner. You won't understand the use of this unless you watch the vid.

Watch the tail lights carefully for a good understanding on the rythm of my braking.
Click this link for an example

please specify which corners your so called throttle control is used on...mainly akagi cp1
and the techniques you use, a majority of them are just stupid things not applicable to this specific video game
cmon man...heel and toe, clutch kick, e-brake & and those other random ones, you cannot seriously tell us all you use these in AS4?
and wallrape is only necessary on iro and one corner of akina, good times can be run on akagi without wallrape even on v turn
initialv
Posted: Nov 4 2007, 07:20 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 9,434

lolz0r... that guy just made up 10 new techniques for id4
onisama
Posted: Nov 4 2007, 07:21 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (BDDEE@ @ Today at 5:58 PM)
please specify which corners your so called throttle control is used on...mainly akagi cp1
and the techniques you use, a majority of them are just stupid things not applicable to this specific video game
cmon man...heel and toe, clutch kick, e-brake & and those other random ones, you cannot seriously tell us all you use these in AS4?
and wallrape is only necessary on iro and one corner of akina, good times can be run on akagi without wallrape even on v turn

Well, I posted all those techniques I know of and use. They are pretty universal in most racing games.

IDAS4 can't use all the techniques I posted since it doesn't have a clutch and e-brake like you mentioned but I thought it would do good posting them anyway.Especially since IDAS4 isn't the only racing game in the world and I'm sure most people won't limit themselves in a Initial D virtual world... even if this is a IDAS4 forum!

Besides, I never mentioned thoses techniques are to be used in IDAS4. I thought people would be smart enough to atleast sort out the techniques and do their homework.

I said wallrape and PC are your best friends... More like PC is your wife and wallrape is your cousin... the rest, you have to discover which way to attack the corner through your own personal experience, didn't I say that?

You can't expect me to tell you exactly what to do.. work your head a little!

Edit: @initialv - dude, gimme a brake... I thought you knew atleast 8 of em... and there's only 3 that cannot be used in IDAS4 sad.gif

This post has been edited by onisama on Nov 4 2007, 07:31 PM

5 Pages  1 2 3 4 »