Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Manuel - Limousine

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 92,651  ·  Replies: 212 
> Card reader error solution :), How to NOT get your card eaten...
chaos_bringer_1
Posted: Jun 28 2006, 06:58 PM

War Is In My Heart, Death Is By My Side

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,401

thanks alot for the info... its in my wallet now if i need it.. smile.gif
Levin_86
Posted: Jul 5 2006, 04:41 AM

underpowered Alliance leader

Member No.: 17,990

i was playing against a friend the other day when both of our machine jus restarted..... and my friend gt-r rear spoiler got change back when he change the spoiler jus before... i lost my data that i clear 3 area of LOTS in one go....

i had to re-do the LOTS and it cost me more time and money.....
Lost_Drift
Posted: Jul 7 2006, 04:46 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,522

If the power supply was switched off when your card is in the machine, can you get it back once the machine is switched on again?
S-avi_drift
Posted: Jul 7 2006, 11:46 AM

RX stealth ninja

Member No.: 17,825

Nope. Pretty sure it'll just die.. Probably get eaten.. If it does come out it would b invaild.
Tekn0
Posted: Jul 7 2006, 04:33 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 17,906

QUOTE (chaos_bringer_1 @ Jun 28 2006, 07:58 PM)
thanks alot for the info... its in my wallet now if i need it.. smile.gif

I did too! I can't stand the thought of losing my card. I'd have to commit suicide! laugh.gif
Harley
Posted: Jul 11 2006, 09:39 AM

lv62 gnome mage soon 63!

Member No.: 18,631

Thats how I saved my card it seems like up graded ones that are switched from ver.1 to ver.3 do it the most.

I would do this to the arcade manager if his machine ate my card nuts.gif

This post has been edited by IROKING on Jul 11 2006, 09:41 AM
K????
Posted: Jul 17 2006, 11:54 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 14,116

QUOTE (Lost_Drift @ Jul 7 2006, 05:46 AM)
If the power supply was switched off when your card is in the machine, can you get it back once the machine is switched on again?

if u turn the machine off when ur card gets stuck during inspection then its toast but if it just refuses to come out after a race when u turn the machin off and turn it back on again the card will come out and there is a fifty percent chance that it will work
Smikey
Posted: Jul 17 2006, 12:07 PM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

OKay I have a story my Evo 7. I was playing, and The entire Power of the mall went out, including the arcade, no back up generators my car was in the machine. I was like f**k... the arcade attendants are really cool with the regulars, and I was like dude my card might get fried if the machine comes back on with my card in there so he got the flashlight and we were opening the card dispenser, i saw my card and grabbed it...and the power came on a few minutes later, and He gave me some free credtis, and if the card was fried he would reimburse me the money in cash...well all my friends knew about stuff like ID cards getting fried when power is cut off, well they all knew the Evo 7 was in there and knew it was my prized card...so the machine comes back on, the credits are put in the card is inserted and it goes to insert card and it reads it and it shows my stats and the arcade attenedant was like thank god, i would have had to call my boss to see how much to reimburse you... I wasl ike i dont even care no money can replace this card...he was like yep. and yeah the day went on fine i got both Snow times that same day. took both of the times by 3 seconds....
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
SamGTR
Posted: Aug 16 2006, 09:28 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 19,457

wow.. dankx dude lmao I was at my Movie Theatre today and their machine was in a really crappy condition plus dey never ever maintain their arcade machines... When I was doing inspection, The Card writer froze cuz of my card lol lol.. but then yeah I told the guy to open it and said the best thing he can do is to blow the inside of the wire for a better connection, I was like wtf? Then I remembered so I told him to take out that card, and yeah and told him to put it back in, and I thought I was screwed but it worked laugh.gif
Harley
Posted: Aug 20 2006, 10:48 PM

lv62 gnome mage soon 63!

Member No.: 18,631

Man initial D s are always broken or somthin couple days ago they were fixin a initial D at my arcade and they said its the most fragile game sega makes.

This post has been edited by IROKING on Aug 20 2006, 10:48 PM
EA11R
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 03:30 PM

coffee break anyone?

Member No.: 15,978

Wow, where do I start? Very long topic with many things to think about. Just read all 7 pages and WOW. This post has also, at this point, been edited many times. Just so you know, the various edits were only to make the post more specific and credible by doing things like giving names to previously anonymous posters and providing quotes. Well, on with the show!

hey denver you should ask you arcade to put a cleaning card. or you could just go to a different arcade

Where would I get one of these and how much would it cost? Or if you do not know, any other type of help would be awesome. Thanks.

man u guys think it just the person it the money u spend on the car that the reason why i might quite until ver.4 (IF), but something telling me not to quite

There is some confusion about this post that I believe I can clear up, so here is my try: He does not want to play V3 any more because he may lose his card data--money--while transferring card data to V4. Still haven't deciphered the meaning of the bold words yet, though. Moshn(the difficult poster): Please post more coherently from now on. Posting is useless if people don't understand what you type and being so difficult to understand does not earn many friends, either.

Now, when a technician comes, DO NOT let him off the machine.

He's ON the machine?!?!? wierdo... laugh.gif

Ozzy recommended that, in the event of a jam, to unplug wire and reconnect, or to remove bottom card in stack. Is this for everyday jams or inspection? sorry if it has been answered already.

This post has been edited by EA11R on Aug 30 2006, 03:52 PM
Ev0 Aura P0wer
Posted: Aug 30 2006, 11:24 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 12,703

im sorta confused. like ok when your old card spits out with the invalid thing on it and the new card doesnt come out you do this right? but how does that work? i mean isnt the new card just a card without data at that point? im just confused on the "how is the card saved" thought.
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 07:03 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

the machine copies the old data spits it out, its supposed to put the data to the new card, the card comes out or doesnt, shutting the machine is the worst so go to the solution on the first page.
corect me if im wrong ppl
S-avi_drift
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 08:36 AM

RX stealth ninja

Member No.: 17,825

QUOTE (207 @ Today at 10:03 AM)
the machine copies the old data spits it out, its supposed to put the data to the new card, the card comes out or doesnt, shutting the machine is the worst so go to the solution on the first page.
corect me if im wrong ppl

Nope i'm sure your pretty right.
And you should get a invalid card. This card is not possible to use. This is your old card. Your new card does work. It should have the same key as your old card. But the pic might be differnt...
^^ Is that wrong???

@EA11R: And where are you getting with this?
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 09:10 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

the pic probably will be diferent as they keep blanks with many different pics, well atlest hopefully
riP
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 09:33 AM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

when u inspect ur card all the DATA stays the same, name, car, RL, BL, LOTS, TA's, TA codes, steering, bgm setting, ur card key #.. the only thing that canges is u get a new card... and since u cant pick ur card it comes out random.. some arcades set them in stacks [all 1 type of card then under those all another card] and some shuffle them around so ull get a different picture card
Kape
Posted: Aug 31 2006, 05:40 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 19,900

damn thanks man
Shiro
Posted: Sep 9 2006, 10:22 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,660

"4. Once the card is out, shut the gold plate back the way it was BUT make sure it clicks to make sure it's completely shut."

I'm just a bit bored and a bit too much of a perfectionist so... you should write AND not BUT because but makes you argue the statement/whatever you were currently saying so yeh laugh.gif
Ekinsbs
Posted: Sep 18 2006, 04:41 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 20,307

ok i have a problem at my arcade. So as soon as the machine is turned on it does alll the card crap. But then it goes to a screen that says CARD R/W ERROR and there is no way we can fix it no matter how many times we reset the machine it stays like that. Can this method be used to fix this? maybe theres a card stuck in there. Hrm and is there anyway you can do anything to the machine so that it would be able to read cards? becuase we have 2 machines the card taking one is errored like i said above. And the one thats working doesnt accept cards. Anyway i can fix all of this crap? i just want to get back to using my card again thankksss
samtruong200
Posted: Sep 29 2006, 02:45 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 19,569

alrighty so i read this post n i was all happy n stuff cuz my fd was close to inspection. and today was the day. n of course i get the card jam. i got my invalid n i think the arcade manager/tech knew what to do because he opened up the gold plate n stuff. n just my luck...THERES NO CARD IN THERE TO TAKE OUT and i guess the manager hates all the initial d ppl cuz we give him so much work cuz its always having problems card r/w error etc etc. so when i asked him to do that again. he was like ok so it didnt work, u want to do it my way now? and yea his way was of course to turn it off. so i had to let him turn it off. and now FDless. im so pissed right now. i put so much money into that card...
TrueDevilZ
Posted: Oct 6 2006, 09:19 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 20,503

One time me and my brother were playing Initial D. Then a blackout happened to the whole block. Since we read that if are cards are in the machine they wont be able to work. We were pist and everything. Weve done like 7 inspections for this card. Then the power came back on. Then all of a sudden, are cards came out. The manager gave us free plays and we tried it out again. It was still working. But i had to start off were i was again.(i was about to beat him)
Smikey
Posted: Oct 6 2006, 09:38 AM

dafuq
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MAYOR
Member No.: 14,329

When the card saves data it overwrites it at the end of the session. When you are playing it doesn't take the data off the card and put it back on at the end of the play session. So, if the power goes out you lose all unsaved information. Any LoTs or TA you might have done during that session. However, say you are doing an inspection and it spits out your old card and you get the card jam error screen, and have no way to fix it, and they restart the machine. All data will be lost, cause the machine flushes temporary data at restart. And it was not able to transfer to a new card at the end of your session. Yes, I know it says Initial D Data Has Been Saved On The New Card, but that is not true until the end of your session. Because when it says "It will be ejected" is when all the writing on the card takes place and all saving. Also, if you have finished your run, and it is on the card eject screen the one that says "You Initial D Card Will Be Ejected" and it turns off before it is ejected. I belive it will be gone too since it wil have an incomplete/corrupted save file making it useless. Hope that helps. wink2.gif

This post has been edited by smikey on Oct 6 2006, 09:42 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
TrueDevilZ
Posted: Oct 6 2006, 09:47 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 20,503

That helps alot. Now i got 2 valuable information.
driftshift
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 08:43 PM

MR Yama Denrei

Member No.: 20,247

Thanks for the info. Ill probably keep a copy in my wallet in case something......something.......bad...happens..... crying2.gif. But because of the advice u are a god. I PRAISE U worship.gif

This post has been edited by driftshift on Nov 8 2006, 07:45 PM
kaiku
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 09:14 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 14,692

kool..

9 Pages  « 5 6 7 8 9