Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - The Race is Over

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

97 Pages  « 93 94 95 96 97  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 404,042  ·  Replies: 2,411 
> Initial D Live-Action Movie, Official Thread - merged topics!
FunteX
Posted: Sep 9 2012, 03:16 PM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,871

The only disapointment is that they are chinese productions . . . pinch2.gif
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 9 2012, 06:36 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

While I probably would have prefered a Japanese production, I don't mind it that much, since I guess the Chinese/Hong Kong movie industry is larger than the Japanese one (and have more famous people acting in them). I'm glad someone took out the money to even make an Initial D movie in the first place.

It is my personal wish watch the movie with Japanese dub and English subtitles one day, watched the Mandarin dub last time. Don't know whether the movie ever got a Japanese dub or not though.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 9 2012, 06:40 PM
Tessou
Posted: Sep 10 2012, 05:54 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (FunteX @ Yesterday, 7:16 PM)
The only disapointment is that they are chinese productions . . . pinch2.gif

And why is that?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Soran
Posted: Sep 10 2012, 06:41 AM

Driving on the road of life..

Member No.: 3,498

Actually i quite like the live-action Initial D movie

The HK artistes i feel bring a certain sense of fun to the movie. It reminded me of how 1st Stage was, with all the snappy lines and whatnot

The Wangan Midnight movie on the other hand was made by the Japanese and wasn't really that entertaining at all.
disboilaith
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 02:01 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 36,539

I think this is where it all originated from.

http://jaychoustudio.com/archives/jay-chou...ed-as-cast/1281

I also remember reading initial D hit some sell record and for celebration they announced that they were going to be working on this movie and the director would be jay chou and edison chan would be in there but there was a picture of them 2 together (which is a big deal since he had that photo scandal in hk)

Does anyone know any followup on this 2nd live action movie?
Killah Jamez
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 05:47 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 38,844

Oh god please don't let them make another live action film especially if its anything like the first one...
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 06:26 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

Well, it was announced in 2010 and we haven't heard anything else about it since then (at least, not to my knowledge), so I don't think it's going anywhere...
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Soran
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 08:33 AM

I dont think it will happen

They will have to kill off Ryosuke somehow, since Edison Chen is practically persona non grata from the HK movie scene due to the 2008 sex scandal
Killah Jamez
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 10:43 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Idk how the hong kong movie machine works but in Hollywood it usually takes a movie two years to be released after filming starts. In the article it said they wanted to start shooting a year later which would be about oct 2011 so that means it would be realeased around oct 2013 ..but like said iIDK how different the HK industry is but i assume it works faster than the Hollywood system..plus they never followed up with any production updates so its probably not happening or its on the back burner.....plus there is the happy weiner issues of mr Chen who is probably hated over there now....

This post has been edited by Killah Jamez on Oct 25 2012, 10:45 AM
JKaiba
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 12:34 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (Soran @ 4 hours, 0 minutes ago)
I dont think it will happen

They will have to kill off Ryosuke somehow, since Edison Chen is practically persona non grata from the HK movie scene due to the 2008 sex scandal

I know it's off topic but the Edison Chen situation is seriously idiotic. Yes lets ostracize him professionally because we found out he had sex with other consenting adults and his privacy was violated by some nobody in a computer store. Pack of assholes.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 01:11 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Soran @ 4 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Well, given how much they screwed around with the plot for the first movie, I wouldn't be surprised if they do just that for the second (assuming it gets made.) awesome.gif

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 34 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
I know it's off topic but the Edison Chen situation is seriously idiotic.  Yes lets ostracize him professionally because we found out he had sex with other consenting adults and his privacy was violated by some nobody in a computer store.  Pack of assholes.

I don't know anything about the situation. Can someone shed some light? It sounds ridiculous.
JKaiba
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 01:27 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edison_Chen_photo_scandal

enjoy. It's really stupid.
kyonpalm
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 01:58 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (JKaiba @ 30 minutes, 44 seconds ago)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edison_Chen_photo_scandal

enjoy. It's really stupid.

Yeah, that is pretty damn stupid.
Killah Jamez
Posted: Oct 25 2012, 04:08 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

also youtube has some pretty concise but detailed vids about it as well if you want more info...here is the link.... http://youtu.be/PFrj1F-saF0 ...is you ask me edison just looks like he is THEEE damn MAN

This post has been edited by Killah Jamez on Oct 25 2012, 04:09 PM
Soran
Posted: Oct 26 2012, 12:40 AM

The only way i can see them getting around the Edison Chen problem is this

-Opening scene: White FC gets run off the road by a grey R32. We do not see the inside of either car

-Takumi is delivering tofu one morning when a yellow FD stops in the middle of the road. A new actor playing Keisuke gets out and tells Takumi that Ryosuke is dead, and that someone from his past did it.

-They spend the rest of the movie racing on the streets to find out who the guy in the grey R32 is.

- The Showdown.

It will work, because it is so typical HK movie. The master gets killed, the student seeks revenge
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 26 2012, 01:01 AM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

That sounds like a cheesy movie. I'd watch it just because Keisuke is in it. But how are they going to explain it? Wait... That would be pretty simple huh? Ryosuke was so ashamed of his little brother that he never talked about him. Yeah. This would make a good fanfic if it doesn't get made into a movie. laugh.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Oct 26 2012, 01:40 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

I don't see why they shouldn't put another guy as Ryosuke in the second movie, assuming they can't use Edison Chen anymore. It's pretty normal to change cast like that I think, especially when there's a valid reason for it. Not every movie that gets a second installment can guarantee 100% of the original cast can participate again. Especially when the first movie doesn't make that much of a sense anyway. And the second movie doesn't have to continue exactly from where the first left off, so a member change would not be too obvious.
Saxifrage
Posted: Oct 26 2012, 03:58 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 36,872

Ryosuke..dies? NO I don't want that to happen. crying2.gif
But it sounds like a good idea,movie or not.Soran,interested in making a fanfic? awesome.gif
Ron88
Posted: Nov 22 2012, 11:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,608

I think the news of a sequel has died down because Jay Chou is busy with other projects. There was news of his film 'Secret 2', which started production and he is also working on his new album. It also takes time to produce this movie as they will need to prepare filming locations, cars, stuntmen etc. As a HK production it wont be as smooth as they need to film in Japan. I hear most HK movies can be done in weeks but Initial D is different.

As for Ryosuke (Edison Chen) being kicked out, I doubt it. Edison was the one who reportedly announced a sequel. Jay Chou is also good friends with him, i dont think they will leave him out. He is one of the main characters. After his scandal news, they still released a movie with him on the cinemas (Sniper). They wont have issues with casting him.

With the news of Initial D Fifth Stage, I think it could get the fans interested again with a new movie. Maybe they might start filming next year.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
dorkster
Posted: Nov 25 2012, 10:25 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 39,512

well for me actually i think it would be better to like adapt the plot of the movie as to where the manga is as of the moment because its really the crucial part of their journey already and as a huge fan like many others it would be very fun to see the 86 going up against another 86 happy.gif
Danceswithfoxes
Posted: Jan 10 2013, 06:53 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 40,067

How come there was no yellow rx7?
kyonpalm
Posted: Jan 10 2013, 07:03 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Danceswithfoxes @ 9 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
How come there was no yellow rx7?

Because they wrote out Keisuke's character in the adaptation? It's their adaptation, they can do whatever they want. And they did, much to many fans' dismay. But that's not their problem anyway.
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 2 2013, 05:51 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

Having loved the first movie, I really do hope they make another one, however unlikely it would be. I don't think the Edisen Chen thing will be a problem, since they can either decide to cast him anyways or just choose someone else. I just hope they'd actually put Keisuke and the FD in this time. Oh, and keep Itsuki of course, since I absolutely adored him in the first movie despite the fact that they really modified him and his backstory from the anime/manga.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Feb 2 2013, 05:53 PM
ct9ars
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 04:52 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 41,640

Anyone else think that they made the EVO guys a little too well... feminine? I don't know of any EVO guys that are like that.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 5 2013, 03:33 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (ct9ars @ Today, 4:52 AM)
Anyone else think that they made the EVO guys a little too well... feminine? I don't know of any EVO guys that are like that.

I know metro Evo guys. Discussion over. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

97 Pages  « 93 94 95 96 97