Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Words of the mind

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 13 14 15 16 17 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 270,353  ·  Replies: 509 
> Teknoparrot now supports ID4 through IDZ
SonicSP
Posted: May 11 2018, 02:18 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

Your SBZZ.card.bin card file of course. You’ll need a hex editor program like hxd to hex edit it.

About what specifically you need to edit, well.....I’m working on it.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 11 2018, 02:20 PM
holnivek
Posted: May 11 2018, 09:16 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,366

I figured it out. Change the 4th byte on line 11 of AppData\Roaming\TeknoParrot\SBZZ_card.bin from 01 to whatever value represents the rank you want. So 01 is E3, 02 is E2, etc.

You can use a plain text editor like sublime to do this too.

This post has been edited by holnivek on May 11 2018, 09:16 PM
SonicSP
Posted: May 11 2018, 10:13 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Personally I just set mine to 0 IE blank, as I don’t feel like putting an arbitrary letter that you can’t pump in-game. I think it looks and feel better to me personally this way.

But before I came to that decision time I tried to put 10 to get B3 early on and I ended up with an S3 rank. That was funny. laugh2.gif

I knew the location to edit but wasn’t sure what rank represented what due to this mistake/observation of mine so that’s why I didn’t mention it in the previous post.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 11 2018, 10:18 PM
holnivek
Posted: May 11 2018, 10:57 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 43 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
But before I came to that decision time I tried to put 10 to get B3 early on and I ended up with an S3 rank. That was funny. laugh2.gif

Fate is trying to have you display your real rank, you should have gone with it wink3.gif

I ran into this infinity ranked guy without an aura, how is that possible? Some more file hacks?

Also, after playing through online lobby for some time, the game displayed error 8301. Does this mean something is wrong with my setup or my opponent left the game?
SonicSP
Posted: May 12 2018, 05:25 AM

Nagao Fanboy

8301 means the other person has left lobby, even if the blue light is still on. Sometimes the game won’t shut it down even after a person has left.

It could also mean that you are having connection issues with this specific player.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 12 2018, 05:26 AM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: May 13 2018, 08:51 AM

Move it, bucko

Member No.: 2,311

ID8 on the new 1.51 public keeps crashing on me every time I try to enter story or TA, card or not. 7AAX works fine but this doesn't... facepalm.gif

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on May 13 2018, 09:24 AM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
SonicSP
Posted: May 13 2018, 09:28 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Have you tried the hot fix 1.51s? Did you get the 1.2 + S updates files as well as the new additions to the “data” folder?

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 13 2018, 09:29 AM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: May 13 2018, 11:35 AM

Move it, bucko

I didn't get the updates or that data folder stuff. Will try getting those but I don't know exactly what the latter is.

EDIT: I got it fixed but now I can't even beat Itsuki! The game doesn't let me pass him most of the time, I got past once and then he caught up and passed me...am I missing something? Is there some strategy I don't know for this? Is this some bug? I'm using a 360 pad and I'm guessing I'd have to change the deadzone but at this rate I may as well change the point awards to 800000 for TAs and just grind out fullspec tune so I don't lose so much speed.

It just seems like his car has some repulsor field or something on it, there were instances where I swear the game would have let me through and it wouldn't let me...

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on May 13 2018, 01:09 PM
SonicSP
Posted: May 13 2018, 07:10 PM

Nagao Fanboy

The lower specs of D8 has huge speed the more you turn which is very disadvantageous to Gamepad since that relies on huge left or right turns on each stick press.

On lower specs, the ideal way to maximize performance is to turn as little as possible followed with a long BCCCCC (hold Brake, a lot of Acel taps) in order to slide the car. This minimizes speed loss but it’s close to impossible to play like this with a Gamepad I think, not that I’ve tried yet.

Also AT is recommended for lower specs as you experience huge power loss, which forces you to downshift frequently. The AT shifter in D8 is a lot better than previous games.

MT is still recommended for ExSpec/ExFull Spec though as by that point there is very little power loss in the engine anymore. That said AT is still a good mode for practicing the complex D8 footwork at higher specs though since it can allow you to focus on practicing the wheel and footwork, which can be fairly different from previous games.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 13 2018, 09:18 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: May 14 2018, 01:24 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 31,903

Finally updated TP to latest version and got ID8 last night. Had a last full run through all the tracks in ID7 as a last hurrah before switching - I think I got 4-5 Platinums, the rest are Golds. I can drive with MT for Akina Lake/Usui/Myogi but subsequent tracks I give up and just used AT laugh2.gif Not aiming to be the best, I think that's enough for me.

ID8 feels so much more "premium" to me - I think the menu presentation really helps. The blue tones and the calmer music makes it feel more high end than D7. I wonder what is the line of text that you can change by pressing View Select beside your character (at the top left of main menu)? Some has red/green/purple background etc. I thought it's just a title since it doesn't affect anything - just want to be sure.

Delving into the options there's a setting for paper cup - nice touch! Is this just a gimmick though or does it give you bonus points for completing a race without spilling any water for example?

I like the skinnier needle on the tach as well - D7 tacho looks too cartoony for my tastes. I heard that you can change the tach later on though. Does anyone know if you can unlock all tachs just by playing offline LOTS, or is some hex editing required?

On the subject of hex editing, I tried going to I'mNotMental's page to download the card editor, but can't find the actual DL link. Can anyone point me to one?

It's great to finally drive Momiji and Hakone Turnpike. It's funny because Turnpike is probably the easiest course in the whole game - no braking required (even Akina Lake has that one hairpin). Also even if your car is still low level, it doesn't reduce your speed! Got up to 210 km/h or so there.

The speed reduction on other tracks is insane though. It's probably even more severe than D7. Luckily they increased they race payouts from 450 to 600, so levelling up is marginally easier. I try to play the game properly without cheats, at least for my first car.

Car handling seems to be a lot more "bouncy". The cars actually have some body roll when cornering now, instead of being a stiff board like in previous games. It's a nice realistic feeling. Although if it will stay that way in higher levels remain to be seen. Also good that brakes are a lot less powerful than in D7 as well. I read above that BCCCCC is the main technique for drifting now? That is actually ironically similar to heel-toeing in real life laugh2.gif

What else? Losing Tsukuba and Tsuchisaka Snow is annoying. This is what I don't get about ID games and why they aren't cumulative content wise. Surely it's not hardware related limitation.

LOTS seems to be in a more sequential order too. It's good to have Itsuki as your first opponent again, after directly racing Keisuke and Takumi in ID7.

Anyway, those are my first impressions. Be back gonna grind LOTS some more to Full Spec my car biggrin.gif

EDIT: One more thing, the eurobeat selection seems to be a lot better too! I often just turn the BGM off in D7 since I can't stand 90% of the tracks there.

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on May 14 2018, 01:27 AM
SonicSP
Posted: May 14 2018, 02:59 AM

Nagao Fanboy

The launcher can be found here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/initiald-arcade-16661248

Follow the readme carefully. You also don’t have to use it as a launcher if you don’t want to and just stick to card editing.

I wonder what is the line of text that you can change by pressing View Select beside your character (at the top left of main menu)? Some has red/green/purple background etc. I thought it's just a title since it doesn't affect anything - just want to be sure.

It’s sort of a title thing. It appears in the machine beside you when you are playing since all the machine are in pairs. I haven’t translates it but I think it’s so you can notify what you want to do? IE come join me for battle, I just want to play TA, etc.

I like the skinnier needle on the tach as well - D7 tacho looks too cartoony for my tastes. I heard that you can change the tach later on though. Does anyone know if you can unlock all tachs just by playing offline LOTS, or is some hex editing required?

For us, hex editing is the only way to not only access most of them but also to change between them freely.

Also when playing normally you also can’t change back to your old one when you just play LOTS. When you are presented with a choice, that’s your only chance to change either to the new one you are offered or keep yours. The chance won’t come again.

For LOTS, you are given the option to get “Wide” fairly early on. Late on, you are offered D7’s meter.

So just hex edit yourself or through the launcher.

What else? Losing Tsukuba and Tsuchisaka Snow is annoying. This is what I don't get about ID games and why they aren't cumulative content wise. Surely it's not hardware related limitation.

It’s done so they can be reintroduced later and be called a new feature. D8 does it a little but the big cuts were in D4 and D0.

Partly it’s also streamline the selection so people don’t get too intimidated with too many courses required to master in order to stay competitive.

This is also not that unusual of a practice in racing games unfortunately.

Delving into the options there's a setting for paper cup - nice touch! Is this just a gimmick though or does it give you bonus points for completing a race without spilling any water for example?

The water spills whenever you hit a wall. So it’s so you can use it as a HP meter to see how many walls you’ve hit.

This isn’t particular important in single player but is a far more important indicator in multiplayer if you choose to have it. This is because more walls you hits will reduce your final part boost. You don’t need to have it but it can be an important strategic indicator.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 14 2018, 03:11 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: May 15 2018, 03:38 AM

IDW Jr. Member

The launcher can be found here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/initiald-arcade-16661248

Follow the readme carefully. You also don’t have to use it as a launcher if you don’t want to and just stick to card editing.

Cheers, thanks! I saw the patreon link on the website but wasn't sure if it's gonna be a paid program or not. Good on him for not making it paid - it seems like quite a lot of work has gone into it! Haven't finished reading the readme yet - it seems like most of the features are related to unlocking ranks and badges, which I don't really care about personally. Instant full speccing cars is gonna be handy though - although I found that you can also edit the GAMESETTING.ini like in D7 as well.

Gonna do a full run through the story without any hacks first though.

It’s sort of a title thing. It appears in the machine beside you when you are playing since all the machine are in pairs. I haven’t translates it but I think it’s so you can notify what you want to do? IE come join me for battle, I just want to play TA, etc.

Ah yeah that makes sense. Pretty interesting feature IMO.

For us, hex editing is the only way to not only access most of them but also to change between them freely.

Also when playing normally you also can’t change back to your old one when you just play LOTS. When you are presented with a choice, that’s your only chance to change either to the new one you are offered or keep yours. The chance won’t come again.

For LOTS, you are given the option to get “Wide” fairly early on. Late on, you are offered D7’s meter.

So just hex edit yourself or through the launcher.

Ah that's annoying. I was thinking once you unlock them you can swap between any that you've owned like in Wangan. I'll likely just stick with the default tach then. I was just curious what other choices are there? From memory D1-3 have the same design, D4-6, D7 and D8. Is that all or do they have extra styles?

It’s done so they can be reintroduced later and be called a new feature. D8 does it a little but the big cuts were in D4 and D0.

Partly it’s also streamline the selection so people don’t get too intimidated with too many courses required to master in order to stay competitive.

This is also not that unusual of a practice in racing games unfortunately.

D4 makes sense to have little tracks because there's a huge leap in graphics from D1-3, so the devs need to remodel the assets. D0 is a "reset" on the series, and so far they have been updating it rather frequently too from what I can see on the JP website. Doesn't make sense to cut content from D8 as that was planned to be the definitive game of them all. And Tsuchi/Tsukuba Snow never got re-added on in the end...

Wouldn't hurt to add 2 extra tracks in addition to the dozen or so already in there, I doubt it will intimidate people who aren't already intimidated by the track list as it is. For the hardcore players though it's nice to have everything in one game.

Wangan is pretty amazing that they never cut any content, all the way back from Maxi Tune 1 up until the latest 5DX+. All cars and tracks that were there from the start are all still there in the latest game. The only change is Gemballa is replaced with RUF in the 4th game (and soon Porsche will replace RUF in MT6). Other than that, you can be sure that the latest version the THE definitive version.

The water spills whenever you hit a wall. So it’s so you can use it as a HP meter to see how many walls you’ve hit.

This isn’t particular important in single player but is a far more important indicator in multiplayer if you choose to have it. This is because more walls you hits will reduce your final part boost. You don’t need to have it but it can be an important strategic indicator.

Interesting mechanic. I was thinking you get extra points credit at the end depending on how much water is left, or you get special message from Bunta if you manage to keep it full driving all tracks awesome.gif

EDIT: Been reading the big IDAS8 thread stickied at the top of the page. It's a gold mine of tips and information, can't believe I missed it until today lol. Seems like LOTS is now more complex with the extra missions and stuff. I found the link to the japanese website that lists the missions for each race, but using google translate to be able to read each and every one of those is super annoying.

One question though, is there a way to unlock the 4 extra cars like the ER34 etc? Can't remember what version my game dump is but those cars are locked for me, but all courses are already unlocked so surely they should be unlocked too.

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on May 16 2018, 12:14 AM
SonicSP
Posted: May 16 2018, 09:49 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ Yesterday, 3:38 AM)

Ah that's annoying. I was thinking once you unlock them you can swap between any that you've owned like in Wangan. I'll likely just stick with the default tach then. I was just curious what other choices are there? From memory D1-3 have the same design, D4-6, D7 and D8. Is that all or do they have extra styles?

There’s quite a number if choices, many of them are new to D8. There’s a total of nine meters to choose from including the default. Three are from the old games which are D3, D5 and D7 meters while the other six are new.

You can switch between them if you have an online machine and a DNET account (which is easy to get in D8 compared to previous versions). You just can’t switch them on offline machines.

The later Wangan games are worse because you can’t use your card/save at all without an online machine in the real arcade version. If your arcade’s online connection is not working for that day you’re screwed. Cloud based cards are also used for MaiMai, D0 , Tekken, and more or less all new Japanese arcade games work.

The good thing with them is that some like Aime and Bananapass are cross compatible, the problem is that they further entrench the games within the “games as a service model”.

Arcades have to pay a monthly subscription fee PLUS share a percentage of all revenue of each game played with the manufacturer. The machines also more or less become useless without the service unless you hack it like Teknoparrot does with Wangan and stuff. So there won’t be much of a collector market.

D4 makes sense to have little tracks because there's a huge leap in graphics from D1-3, so the devs need to remodel the assets. D0 is a "reset" on the series, and so far they have been updating it rather frequently too from what I can see on the JP website. Doesn't make sense to cut content from D8 as that was planned to be the definitive game of them all. And Tsuchi/Tsukuba Snow never got re-added on in the end...

Wouldn't hurt to add 2 extra tracks in addition to the dozen or so already in there, I doubt it will intimidate people who aren't already intimidated by the track list as it is. For the hardcore players though it's nice to have everything in one game.

I’d say it depends on whether one like Snow courses. Some people really dislike them and wish there was less because their availability means they can be forced to play them in multiplayer. My personally anetodal experience is that I’ve not come across anyone who complained about the loss of the Snow courses until this post.

I suspect Akina Snow is kept because it’s actually in story. Sega likely made the decision based usage data and feedback.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 16 2018, 09:56 AM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: May 17 2018, 02:39 AM

IDW Jr. Member

There’s quite a number if choices, many of them are new to D8. There’s a total of nine meters to choose from including the default. Three are from the old games which are D3, D5 and D7 meters while the other six are new.

You can switch between them if you have an online machine and a DNET account (which is easy to get in D8 compared to previous versions). You just can’t switch them on offline machines.

Yeah I saw the other designs posted in the big IDAS8 thread just after I read your post. There are 10 meter designs actually. Pretty cool designs IMO, especially the Formula and Cyber ones. I assume we can switch between these designs freely with the IDAS card launcher, even if we don't have them unlocked in the game yet?

The later Wangan games are worse because you can’t use your card/save at all without an online machine in the real arcade version. If your arcade’s online connection is not working for that day you’re screwed. Cloud based cards are also used for MaiMai, D0 , Tekken, and more or less all new Japanese arcade games work.

The good thing with them is that some like Aime and Bananapass are cross compatible, the problem is that they further entrench the games within the “games as a service model”.

Arcades have to pay a monthly subscription fee PLUS share a percentage of all revenue of each game played with the manufacturer. The machines also more or less become useless without the service unless you hack it like Teknoparrot does with Wangan and stuff. So there won’t be much of a collector market.

I agree, online only based gaming sucks. Almost every new console or mobile game nowadays require internet connection. Even if in my area stable connection has never been a problem, that's not the case for many others less fortunate. Also, when the servers go down in the future, then these games will be worthless essentially. You might be able to run them on a virtual server, but many online only components will be gone or severely restricted. Unlike old games (PS2 era backwards), where as long as you have a working machine and disc you can run them forever, even when we live in Mars colonies in year 3XXX laugh2.gif

Having said that, I've never had any problem with connections going down in Wangan arcades here in Indonesia. And as I keep saying since Wangan games are cumulative content wise, there's really no reason to play older versions. As long as you got the newest version is all good. Really it's only a problem in non-Asian countries where they are more likely to keep running older machines. But the arcade market isn't that strong there anyways.

I’d say it depends on whether one like Snow courses. Some people really dislike them and wish there was less because their availability means they can be forced to play them in multiplayer. My personally anetodal experience is that I’ve not come across anyone who complained about the loss of the Snow courses until this post.

I suspect Akina Snow is kept because it’s actually in story. Sega likely made the decision based usage data and feedback.

Aren't you able to vote for tracks online though? If no one likes Snow courses and no one picks them (which as you said is probably why Sega pulled them), then no one really has to race them. But it's still nice to have them offline for TA purposes, and just for track list completion's sake (even if Tsuchi and Tsukuba Snow both were not in the anime either). Same issue I have with Wet tracks not available for TA anymore. Or that we haven't seen the real Usui, Myogi, Enna or Shomaru since IDAS3. Or the ever missing Maze and Yabitsu touges. It's just disappointing not to have the full package of all touges in the game after 8 iterations. On the other hand Wangan just keeps expanding with adding more and more highway systems from all over Japan. They literally already have the whole Tokyo highway system mapped by the 3rd game, and their courses are 20kms long vs ID touges which are most <10kms.

Sega already has those assets so why not just put them in the game? It's not like it's costing them any money. If no one uses them, so what? At least the minority of players who appreciate them can still drive them. I'm weird because I'm not so much into online battling, so I don't care about win/lose stats. But what I enjoy is driving and experiencing a wide variety of tracks in a racing game. Track quantity is always second in my priority list in any top game (first being physics). Snow courses are cool (pun not intended) and different - apart from Sega Rally there's probably not many other well known arcade racers that allows you to drive on Snow.

It will be interesting to see if MF Ghost ever gets an anime and its own game, if they will still include the old ID touges or just the Hakone "Pikes Peak".

BTW, any idea how I can unlock the update cars in Tekno? There's the ER34, Evo VI, BRZ and a few others I can't remember. My version is already 1.2 so I don't think I need to update the dump. Is there a downloadable file like in D7 that I need to have?

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on May 17 2018, 02:43 AM
ZeetherKID77
Posted: May 18 2018, 01:44 PM

Move it, bucko

I might go back to 8 and grind for full spec or whatever so that I can at least not have the speed loss on turns. It's just a little irritating that is a thing although it's not like the TA mode exists for a reason...

I do have a wheel but the thing is it's on my rig with an AMD card and I don't know the extent of the fix for that

This post has been edited by ZeetherKID77 on May 18 2018, 01:44 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: May 21 2018, 05:56 AM

IDW Jr. Member

I'm finding using a wheel is much more intuitive with D8 compared to D7. The more braking oriented physics makes it a lot easier to adjust to. I kinda miss the speed of D7's physics though. When you get a good run at Tsukuba in D7 it really feels like a roller coaster. Maybe it gets faster too in D8 - I just started on Stage 5 atm.

Anyone know if the "loaned" car we drive in RivalSide races is Full Spec? There's minimal speed loss through the turns so I thought it is, just want to make sure.

Also, how do you add a new car to your garage? I tried looking for the option in D Factory but it's not as obvious as in D7. Does extra slots need to be unlocked first by progressing in story?

Just unlocked a different paper cup with a brownish drink (I'm guessing tea lol). Hilarious. I wonder what other cups are there.

Also anyone else find it annoying to do the fake online rival races? It takes like 3 races against generic opponents, but only pays out at the end. Such a waste of time. Dunno what's the point really. If it's a tutorial shouldn't 1 race be enough?
holnivek
Posted: May 21 2018, 10:48 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 4 hours, 44 minutes ago)
I'm finding using a wheel is much more intuitive with D8 compared to D7. The more braking oriented physics makes it a lot easier to adjust to. I kinda miss the speed of D7's physics though. When you get a good run at Tsukuba in D7 it really feels like a roller coaster. Maybe it gets faster too in D8 - I just started on Stage 5 atm.

Anyone know if the "loaned" car we drive in RivalSide races is Full Spec? There's minimal speed loss through the turns so I thought it is, just want to make sure.

Also, how do you add a new car to your garage? I tried looking for the option in D Factory but it's not as obvious as in D7. Does extra slots need to be unlocked first by progressing in story?

Just unlocked a different paper cup with a brownish drink (I'm guessing tea lol). Hilarious. I wonder what other cups are there.

Also anyone else find it annoying to do the fake online rival races? It takes like 3 races against generic opponents, but only pays out at the end. Such a waste of time. Dunno what's the point really. If it's a tutorial shouldn't 1 race be enough?

Those simulated online races are my favorite actually. I get to avoid the stupid missions (like limiting my steering, executing simulation 3, etc) and race properly. Plus the opponents are easy so it's usually a free "super first grade" at the end of the race (if you're the type that actually goes through these missions instead of hex-editing them).
SonicSP
Posted: May 21 2018, 11:44 AM

Nagao Fanboy

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/xiuipF9lfsI )

I don’t know how people can get 2’57. CP4 is really hard to control. Might need to start trying out that BBCB thingy at that section.

========

QUOTE (LeGeNd-1 @ 5 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Maybe it gets faster too in D8 - I just started on Stage 5 atm.

It gets faster, you don’t really get to see D8’s full physics until the second last box or reach ExSpec.

D8’s Tsukuba I’d argue is more of a roller coaster when you reach ExSpec/FullSpec compared to D7’s.

In the arcade, you get to play three races for the price of one game, so I always saw it as a good deal for that.

Teknoparrot locks the ability in the free public version. You’ll need to either hex edit your .exe file or use a card editor/garage editor to put a new car in.

To hex edit it, open your exe file with a hex editor, go to these two separate locations and change the 00 value to 01.

0x606608
0x6069CE

Haven’t tried it, just saw this somewhere.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 21 2018, 01:43 PM
LeGeNd-1
Posted: May 21 2018, 06:52 PM

IDW Jr. Member

In the arcade, you get to play three races for the price of one game, so I always saw it as a good deal for that.

Hmm..I never saw it like that. I guess that makes sense in arcades. For me though it's a pretty boring set of races going up against generic opponents. I appreciate that they are trying to mix up the story mode a bit, but these races just feels like filler to me.

The RivalSide races are at least interesting and allows you to drive different cars. The races with specific goals are also funny (I love making Iketani faint laugh2.gif). The one where it limits your steering is also pretty fun and makes sense from a gum tape death match POV.

Teknoparrot locks the ability in the free public version. You’ll need to either hex edit your .exe file or use a card editor/garage editor to put a new car in.

To hex edit it, open your exe file with a hex editor, go to these two separate locations and change the 00 value to 01.

0x606608
0x6069CE

Haven’t tried it, just saw this somewhere.

Man that sucks. The ID card launcher have this feature doesn't it?

Which exe file do I open? The game dump or TP exe?

Alternatively, if I just move my D8 save somewhere and start a new one that would work as well wouldn't it?

This post has been edited by LeGeNd-1 on May 22 2018, 09:29 PM
SonicSP
Posted: May 21 2018, 10:33 PM

Nagao Fanboy

You’ll need to hex edit game exe that you use. And yes I believe the latest version of the ImNotMental’s launcher would also do it.

You can make a new card and make a new car from there but usually when people ask about this, they usually want to have multiple cars in the same card.

isamu
Posted: May 23 2018, 08:06 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,888

Hi guys. I'm new and just popped in to say hello. New to TeknoParrot as well. Shout out to LeGeNd-1, what's up man?

SonicP, you seem to have a lot of knowledge about TP. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I'm playing ID7 ID8 and WMMT5 for the first time, mainly ID7. The games are great. I'm already up to like C3 in ID7, but here are my questions......

1)I would like to replace all the background music files in all three games with my silent sound audio files, so that the game will play no music at all, and I can proceed to use F00bar2K to play my own music. Can you kindly tell me which directory in each game's folder contains the music files, and what their extensions are? I took a brief look at the ID7 Sub-directory and looked in "SOUNDS" but didn't see anything I recognized as music files.

2)At the start of the game, the game gives some kind of message in Japanese and says something about "8301 Offline" or something to that effect. Does this mean I can't play online? How do I fix this and how do I tell whether I'm actually connected to online or not? I'd eventually want to start racing online.

3)I just grabbed I'mNotMentaL's IDAS Launcher(thanks for the heads up on this!). Right now I'm mainly focused on ID7. Not really interested in cheating but would like to know how to edit my card so I can continue past B1 without having to go online and participate in a race. Can you tell me how? And does this launcher help fix any issues preventing us from connecting online?
SonicSP
Posted: May 23 2018, 01:28 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Happy to oblige.

1. To put custom music, you need to follow this tutorial. Yes it needs to be extremely precise and you’ll need to download some addition programs too but they are in in the video description. This can be used for D6/7/8.

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/8FFZWL552HU )

Speaking from personal experience one wrong move and you might screw the whole thing up (which makes for a very very quiet game), so please be really careful and document each step so you can check later if you missed something.

First time I tried I had to redo the whole thing step by step cos I forgot to press one button on one of the sections.

Also goes without saying but backup your original music files. It’s hard the first time but gets easier after you’re used to it.

2. 8303 refers to game not being able to connect to the official online servers hosted by Sega.

Everybody gets it since the game can not detect Sega’s servers since this game non-official - and the servers have been closed for 13 months anyways.

So you can just ignore it as it normal for everybody playing this on TP. Even the real life D8 arcade machines now all display this message.

3. So just go inside your GAME folder and edit the file GAMESETTINGS.ini. Scroll down until you see the text below, then change ALL of the values to 0 as seen in the screenshot.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

If you have Japanese language pack installed in Windows, it will appear in Japanese as opposed to gibberish as seen here but you should still be recognize the section from the picture above.

If done correctly, you should be able to rank up normally pass B1.

ImNotMental’s launcher will not solve any connection problems you have. It will however help you edit avatar parts.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on May 23 2018, 01:35 PM
isamu
Posted: May 23 2018, 02:37 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,888

Big time thanks buddy! If the music is too complicated I'll just forget about and turn the game down lol.

Assuming I have been playing the game without any crashes or issues, is it safe to assume I should be fine if I attempt to play online?
DLS
Posted: May 23 2018, 06:04 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,897

Is something wrong with Teknoparrot ID8?

Non of my opponents are difficult what so ever. I tried spam hitting the wall on purpose and I still caught up>!

I saw no difficultly adjust in test mode.

I did see Very Easy, Easy, Hard, Very Hard modes inside the .ini files.
I also see that all the people in the rivals file are listed as 1 star.

;;  DiffAdjust    : (VeryEasy, Easy, Hard, VeryHard)
[ AkinaLake_Dry_Forward ]
TimeTableTA    = 120, 120, 99, -1
TimeTableOther  = 120, 120, 99, 99
DiffAdjust      = +5, +3, -3, -5
SlowCarBoost    = 1.0

;;--------------------------------------------------------------------
[ TAG_AKINA_TAKUMI ]
Name            = Takumi
Course          = Akina
Time            = 1
Dir            = 0
Weather        = 0
Weather2        = 1
Car            = AE86T
CarSpec        = AE86T_TAKUMI_ROLLBAR
WinBonus        = 1000
RaceBGMIndex    = 17
AdvBonusRate    = 20
Weather2AddTime = +10
KeepUpLength    = -100,  +100
RacePace        = 1.000
Stars          = 1
AcroIndex      = 45
CarAuraID      = 5

Any help? Until I figure out how to run two instances on one computer, Id at least like some challenging CPU opponents.
holnivek
Posted: May 23 2018, 08:23 PM

IDW God Member

The CPU is meant to be easy. I don't think they're supposed to be challenging, unlike Bunta's Challenge in D3.

Why are you trying to run 2 instances of TP? Are you having trouble with TP online?

21 Pages  « 13 14 15 16 17 »