Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Result Maxi4

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 32,424  ·  Replies: 169 
> IDAS8-Infinity...???, location test will be held in Japan!!
Rest_24
  Posted: Jan 9 2014, 09:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,851

NEW IDAS!!!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 976 x 550. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

details here:
IDAS8 OFFICIAL SITE

(P.S: it's all in japanese...so i taken liberty here to translate them using Google Translate...sorry if the translation might be crappy though)

IDAS8 OFFICIAL SITE (ENGLISH GOOGLE TRANSLATE VER)

This post has been edited by Rest_24 on Jan 9 2014, 10:48 PM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 09:18 PM

Reading is magic!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 30,700

I saw a hint of his on the FB Page as well.

That's everyone's cue to begin the mad, rabid speculation and for the retired veterans to once again come out of hiding.
keg11
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 09:18 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

Taken from Initial D Arcade Stage Facebook page:

『頭文字D ARCADE STAGE 8 インフィニティ』の
ロケテストを東京と大阪の3店舗で実施するぜぇぇぇ!!

Basically, IDAS8∞ is coming with three location tests planned for Tokyo and Osaka.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Source: Facebook

keg11
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 09:20 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 38,131

You beat me by a few minutes. laugh2.gif

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=46622

This post has been edited by keg11 on Jan 9 2014, 09:20 PM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 09:51 PM

Reading is magic!

This probably means nothing, since the Screenshot shows an E3 Player;

But he's cornering at 80-ish. That's pretty V5 to me. Especially how he seems to be struggling on the snake curves.

This post has been edited by DigiBunny on Jan 9 2014, 09:52 PM
Akii
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:10 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

Probably have to wait till next week. Location test is gonna be at SEGA club Akihabara.
OkamiWind
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:15 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Oh, nice. All I ask for is that the states can get this a few weeks past launch...and we can transfer our ID7 cards without internet connection.

It seems like it also brings back the water cup thing as well...pretty sure it was in AS3...I think.

Also what the heck is it with the Tokens versus...points thing? So you can...buy these coins that will help with tuning? Geez it's all jap so I have no idea what it says...
Akii
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:20 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 34,416

I suppose the coin things substitue the points you get in the game to buy stuff.
The machine might be different though. IDAS8 uses a totally different card apparently. So, hopefully *fingers crossed*, you could transfer your card data.
Perry
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:22 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Wow... two months ago I was speculating on Arcade Stage 8 to be something like Arcade Stage Infinity. I actually got it right, OR maybe they took my idea?! https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=46...dpost&p=1291486

QUOTE (Perry @ Nov 21 2013, 11:51 PM)
If the fans love it, they will probably come out with a Aracde Stage ∞ (sideways 8, symbolizing infinity, never-ending dreams.. etc.)
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:39 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

D7 was considered a fast release.......D8 is even faster. It's barely been a year.

I haven't been playing much of D7, so I would be sad to see it go. Well designed game too. I shall miss Remember Me. And I'm not sure whether I'll be back in time to play it either.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 9 2014, 10:42 PM
Rest_24
  Posted: Jan 9 2014, 10:45 PM

IDW Expert Member

you're right. this new installment came faster then before. maybe because they didn't have to wait for Shigeno to finish his storyline, since it's already finished.. pinch2.gif

new feature as well: from this pic, it seems like you can change your meter style..
user posted image
kinda like Underground 2, don't you think? laugh2.gif
OkamiWind
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 11:00 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

Huh, never really thought about how fast 6 and 7 came out. This one is REALLY fast huh? Just a theory here but...maybe 7 was supposed to include the ending...of sorts...I guess...I dunno.

BGM? Eh whatever, i'll come to like it eventually. Maybe they'll just have some locked BGM that you can unlock.

What I wish they'll do is to put back the ER34 and maybe some new model cars as well. Maybe that's wishful thinking but I don't know.
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 9 2014, 11:35 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Personally I don't think storyline matters much in IDAS for their release schedule. It's always been about gameplay and feature updates.

And it's been like a year and one month like that since the last one came out. My fear is that arcades have not made money off their previous investments yet which will affect whether they invest in this one. May not be an issue in Japan, but outside Japan and some countries with weaker exchange rates and lower median income levels, a bit harder.

And I'm hearing discussion about possibilities about microtransactions, that's not good if it becomes true.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 9 2014, 11:38 PM
faizdanyal
  Posted: Jan 10 2014, 01:57 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,031

Here are something I intrigued to know about IDAS8∞:

1.Regarding about the new Teamside Story for Legend of the Street mode, based from my observation, this Story mode is like the Challenge Series from most Need For Speed games nowadays or during the Special Stage days. Basically, each Team we face in each Chapter will give you challenges,not a typical one-on-one race. The challenges vary from avoiding the water spilling from the cup (Which is back from IDAS3! Kinda looking forward to the old IDAS days reliving again with the cup. happy.gif ) or avoid the passenger near you got hit by your drift. So, for those like me who always bang walls usually, we MIGHT BE out of luck for this LOTS mode. This mode seriously focusing on drift perfection and those who don't know how to drift well and avoid banging walls might be SCREWED... sad.gif ) Could anyone please give clarification about this?

2.Also, the new cards for IDAS8∞ reminded me of something. You know the aime card that Sega's developing as like their version of the Banapassport? (Project Diva Arcade utilizes that card.)So, I think with them promoting D Coins and with the new card design for IDAS8∞ will not be the same license type from the previous 4 games, I have a feeling Sega might be starting to promote their aime cards more seriously with this game. Plus, with the aime card can be cross-compatible with the Banapassport, maybe we could see some Namco Bandai and Sega crossover surprises in the near future? Who knows? A WMMT/IDAS Crossover Event soon!? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! laugh.gif

Extra Question: Is there any Aime cards sold in Malaysia right now? Because I usually see Banapassports everywhere but Aime cards could not be seen anywhere. dry.gif I would be interested to buy a limited edition IDAS8∞ Aime card if Sega wants to. smile.gif )

This post has been edited by faizdanyal on Jan 10 2014, 02:06 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 01:57 AM

Reading is magic!

Why wouldn't it?

I mean they already kind of -are- doing it with the whole D Net thing.
faizdanyal
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 02:01 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 3 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
Why wouldn't it?

I mean they already kind of -are- doing it with the whole D Net thing.

DigiBunny,do you know about Sega's aime Card before? Also,does the Philippines sell aime Cards currently?
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 03:56 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (faizdanyal @ 1 hour, 55 minutes ago)
DigiBunny,do you know about Sega's aime Card before? Also,does the Philippines sell aime Cards currently?

I havent the foggiest idea what an aime card is.

The Philippines is the equivalent of a lot of fat old men in suits doing their best to stay seated. So, no. We don't normally get nice things like that.

The exception is Wangan 4 because of it's sheer profitability. And even they're out of cards.
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 06:35 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

^ The WMMT 4 machines do say they're out of cards, but the desk counters still sell them. I do see people once in a while with fresh Banapassports feeling their way into the game.

------

Not 100% sure if I'm gonna play this once it arrives here. If the machines at Glorietta continue to remain in terrible condition (only the leftmost cab is tolerable enough), then I won't bother. Ideally, I wouldn't mind flip-flopping with my weekend budget between IDAS 8 and WMMT 4 (or 5).
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 03:31 PM

Nagao Fanboy

The only thing I know about Aime is that its the card used on Mai Mai games.
faizdanyal
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 04:29 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 58 minutes, 15 seconds ago)
The only thing I know about Aime is that its the card used on Mai Mai games.

Also,as I said,Project Diva Arcade uses aime cards as well.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RIT_ninja
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 05:27 PM

ざけんなよ!

Member No.: 13,218

I like how every single new IDAS version topic ends with a question mark

EDIT: Dat Mika card...do want!

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Jan 10 2014, 05:30 PM
projectevo5
Posted: Jan 10 2014, 10:18 PM

Neo Devil Z

Member No.: 6,088

Wow I haven't even had a chance to play IDAS6 and they already have an 8 coming out. Makes me feel behind the times, and at the same time miss the old days of IDAS2 and 3.
IDAsuki97
Posted: Jan 11 2014, 02:00 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 42,155

Same to me din't have a chance to play IDAS6 as in my area the IDAS5 straight "jumped" to IDAS7 AAX. When go for IDAS7 AAX cabinet i will always take a stare to those WMMT4 players (have to cross through WMMT4 area to arrive at IDAS area) and the screen. Still i admitted that i'm thinking of doing a banapassport to play the wangan 4 but it's too catastrophically expensive lol (i ask for the price of a banapassport at the counter and he/she says MYR20 for normal banapassport and MYR25 for a limited edition of banapassport and lol? normal and llimited? someone explain to me what the difference?) that makes me so don't wanna and desperately wanna do a banapassport lol
Rest_24
  Posted: Jan 11 2014, 07:37 PM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (IDAsuki97 @ Today, 2:00 AM)
Same to me din't have a chance to play IDAS6 as in my area the IDAS5 straight "jumped" to IDAS7 AAX. When go for IDAS7 AAX cabinet i will always take a stare to those WMMT4 players (have to cross through WMMT4 area to arrive at IDAS area) and the screen. Still i admitted that i'm thinking of doing a banapassport to play the wangan 4 but it's too catastrophically expensive lol (i ask for the price of a banapassport at the counter and he/she says MYR20 for normal banapassport and MYR25 for a limited edition of banapassport and lol? normal and llimited? someone explain to me what the difference?) that makes me so don't wanna and desperately wanna do a banapassport lol

user posted image

on the left is Normal Banapassport (white)
on the right is Limited Edition WMMT4 Banapassport (5 designs to choose from)

from my opinion, there are no difference between those two. if you want your banapassport 'limited edition', just buy normal one and stick your own sticker on it, doesn't affect your card whatsoever.

back to the topic....

so when is you guys guessing this 8∞ will come to Malaysia? i think probably around 2015...like last time when 7AAX, we delayed about half a year after Jap...and i really hope that this time, D.net will come to Malaysia also... sad.gif
faizdanyal
  Posted: Jan 12 2014, 02:49 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Rest_24 @ 7 hours, 11 minutes ago)
so when is you guys guessing this 8∞ will come to Malaysia? i think probably around 2015...like last time when 7AAX, we delayed about half a year after Jap...and i really hope that this time, D.net will come to Malaysia also... sad.gif

D.Net in Malaysia... THAT'S WHAT WE WANT FOR SO LONG!

Sega,this is a GOLDEN opportunity for you to shift into high gear and bring all of the benefits of D.Net from Japan,Hong Kong and Taiwan to Malaysia and other South East Asia countires! We want to create teams, we want unique ID.Net exclusive Chara Parts, we want those benefits! We don't want to travel miles overseas just to get those benefits.

Hear our voices,Sega! mad.gif

7 Pages  1 2 3 »