Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dino Starr - Give Me Your Love

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 7,057  ·  Replies: 2 
> Info about ID Manga Series
streetstyle
  Posted: Jul 6 2017, 02:00 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,169

Hi

Im sure I read somewhere that there two versions of the original #2 manga cover (one with white shadow on text/one without as pictured below) whats the story behind this?
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Also I've been looking at the covers and found a couple of varients... anyone here know links to where I can get clear cover images or anything about the third one?

Japan Edition
user posted image

Taiwan Chinese Edition
user posted image

Varient Initial D text Logo (Unknown and only cover I have seen with this text)
user posted image

Any help appreciated for this.

This post has been edited by streetstyle on Jul 6 2017, 02:47 AM
Rain197
Posted: Jul 6 2017, 11:25 AM

euro☆neko

Member No.: 45,553

The "varient" of 35th looks like the Traditional Chinese version.

If you're talking about the colors, it could come from the printer.

Original Japanese Kodansha 33th volume :
user posted image

Japanese 2nd double edition, 18th volume (35 & 36)
user posted image

I first thinked the french version was darker but when I saw the Japanese version, it's the same. The picture above is just ligher.

French version :
user posted image

Proof :
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1928 x 1438. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I know the American version have no cover in common with the Japanese version. Our French publisher (Kazé) respect the original cover BUT for the 3rd volume, we got an alternative cover. It's the only one for the moment. I don't know if alternative cover really exist for the Japanese version.

user posted image
streetstyle
  Posted: Jul 6 2017, 12:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 45,169

thanks for info... slowly got a list together for the website smile.gif