Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing subtitle II

11 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 89,479  ·  Replies: 262 
> [Fanfic turned Original story] SPEED LEGEND Z!!, Release: VG 3.3 - NOW WITH LIP ANIMATIONS
Meteor
Posted: Sep 10 2008, 02:50 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

Sorry for the late reply.

Anyway, I didn't really like the swaying drift technique you thought up for Lucas. That would simply decrease momentum and waste tire grip, and is useless in any race. The high-angle drift wouldn't have helped Lucas in regards to speed either, and he didn't have to block the 34 at that point, making it useless.

Oh, and it's spelled "slipstream". Not "splitstream".

I'll be waiting for the Canyon Duel chapter though.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Sep 10 2008, 03:20 AM

The R34's chosen one

Member No.: 27,787

The high-angle drift wouldn't have helped Lucas in regards to speed either, and he didn't have to block the 34 at that point, making it useless.

Lucas is a complete showoff... he always makes his run sort of like just a show. Too proud of himself & his car, he plays around during races when he feels like it. When he drives at Silverstone, he never finishes a race without showing off. It's his character when he races there... A jerk at best... jerk... jack... HEY!! That's close!! grin2.gif laugh2.gif

For the swerving attack there, it was hard for me to describe how the Corvette is moving. Took me a long time to think about it - disturbing the car's balance to slide the car er something like that. Did my best in describing it though; sorry if it didn't work out for ya.

I'm working on the canyon chapter already... since it's like ID4S style in US este, NFSC style, expect a runner chaser style from zero (not running start unlike in first player mode)... don't miss it!
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Sep 15 2008, 03:34 AM

The R34's chosen one

Episode 8 - Glorious moments that never surprises the experienced one.
Chapter 27 - Going down the Deadfall Junction

The Canyons were dark. Lights were very dim; but the Sounds are enveloped with the noise of revving engines. A lot of cars were parked on the sidelines. A Blue Nissan Skyline R34 and a Blue Chevrolet Corvette ease up on the gas going up the canyon pass. They both slowly reached the top and made a turnaround, getting ready for the race.
Once again, everyone was rooting for the Corvette to win this time. Most of the spectators showed an irritating grin when they saw the GT-R close to the Z06.
I can't believe this jerk...
Could that loser think he'd win this time around?
I'd wish he got knocked over the canyon...
Back atop, Lucas Scott, the driver of the Corvette & self-proclaimed hero of the town steps off his car and approaches Tomo, who's sitting in the GT-R.
"By the looks of your face, you're ready. This will be similar to your so called togue battles at Japan. First round, you lead & I chase. Try to keep the lead as long as you can; that is if I didn't overtake you soon enough... heh heh..." Lucas laughed as he went back to his car.
Tomo was completely silent. He never said a word. His hands were glued tight to the steering wheel.
Lucas, too, was ready. He has all preparations made.
The same girl who started the countdown at the city race, arrived for the sole reason of starting the countdown also in this canyon battle.
She reached her arm out to her left, then to her right; later on, raised them both up in the air - this signaled "THREE, TWO, ONE"...
Tomo was compelled to press his accelerator all the way to the red zone.
As soon as the girl threw her hands down, Tomo quickly shifts it to gear 1 from N.
Lucas though was too calm and just waited before he could make his move as well. Suddenly, Lucas slowly shifts to gear 1 but kicks his accelerator, resulting in astonishing acceleration!
The gap that Tomo has made, 295 feet, was significantly narrowed down to just 20 feet.
Amazing acceleration... I'm outmatched again!!Tomo thought to himself.
"You should know by now that your defeat and my victory is 100 percent assured!"
A soft left bend followed by a medium corner and a tight left hander - a chicane of all sorts that the GT-R and the Z06 is on. The GT-R was close on the inside not veering off at all, unlike the Corvette that is drifting on the outside, induced in a drift at a 20 degree angle. Lucas controlled the position of his car via technical footwork - stabilizing its position. Reaching the incoming tight left section of the chicane Lucas does an out-in-out drift in succession to keep up. Tomo, however brakes too long and the Z06 easily kept up. The Z06 is now side to side with the GT-R.
user posted image
"I won!!" Lucas exclaimed.
"No... not yet!! NOT YET!!" Tomo reacted in defense. He accelerates further and was able to break the tie. The cars were bumper to bumper and neither driver slowed down.
Soft bends followed the chicane a slight left-right-position yet makes it easy for cars, running at high speed, to lose control and to be induced in a weight-shift; yet both drivers cleared that section with no problem at all. They soon reach the tunnel leading them to a long straightway which was unusually angled at 10 degrees to the right, followed by a steep downhill.
The GT-R was picking up the pace & so is the Z06. Zooming down like 2 rabid dogs chasing each other, they raced through the cliffside at 150 mph.
"As soon as we reach the hairpins, I'll release my trump card at him. A card which I call Zero-Rocket!" Lucas strategized.
"I have a huge feeling that he's planning something..."
The 2 drivers have reached the 1st of the 4 hairpins. Lucas brakes hard and long halfway to the apex while Tomo slowed down just before the apex. The gap was big but that's what Lucas wanted...
"NOW!!"
The Z06 was slow on his turn in but with extensively amazing acceleration he was able to go side by side again with the GT-R!
"It's my version of the Out-in-out attack making good use of my ZO6's superior acceleration capabilities. At the same time, it's a good way to play mind games at my opponents! Think you can heighten the gap at the hairpins? Well, your luck is out my friend!!" The Z06 was on the outside of the next hairpin and slowed down drastically once again. The GT-R was on the inside yet it veered outward quite a bit. From there on, Lucas shortened the gap again and the 2 cars are nose-to-nose. This went on for the 3rd and 4th hairpin.
The Corvette easily closed the gap, yet Lucas isn't planning on overtaking him on the first round.
"I want to see him suffer bit by bit! I want him to break down further on the second round."
Nothing special much happened from the hairpin section until the goal.

The second round was up. The cars were ready. 3!2!1! GO!! The GT-R and Corvette rocketed out of the straightway! The gap slowly increased, later on drastically! Tomo was close to losing but he was only 10 feet away from the outrun countdown. As Lucas clears every corner at a speed far higher than the first round, Tomo just ungasses at every corner entry he enters. At the straight before the 4 hairpins, Lucas was acting high and mighty again...
"Alright! He's out of my sight! Now's the time to end this!!"
He slowly brakes shifts from 4 to 2 and holds the e-brake to induce his car to a drift. As soon as he did a surprise beheld Lucas' high & mighty eyes.
"No... NO WAY!! This CAN'T Beeee..."
Tomo was there bringing the gap back to a bumper-to-bumper state.
Through the 4 hairpins Lucas shows off his Zero Rocket move again as Tomo holds the e-brake before the corner and drifts through the corners at lightning speed.
The next straightway is followed by a bridge. Tomo ungasses at the end of the bridge, which was followed by an S-bend. Lucas increased the gap from there but he braked long & hard as he reaches the S-bend.
The Z06's tires were slowly deteriorating, losing it's grip.
A wide M curve awaits them after the steep downhill.
Tomo zeroed the gap as he goes through the corners. As they pass the last corner of the M curve, the Z06 veered outward even more, scratching the old guardrail. It was Tomo's chance to close in even more.
"Let's do this!! I'm ready to take the lead!"
The GT-R went side-to-side with the Z06 as soon as it braked and braked at the same time, next to the Z06!
The GT-R was on the inside & the Z06 on the outside.
The Z06 veered outward even more as it cleared the corner, losing speed at the same time, whilst the GT-R gripped through the inside increasing speed.
Tomo took the lead successfully.
"No!! NOT YET!! THERE'S STILL A CHANCE!!"
There was a 200 foot lead between the GT-R and the Z06. Lucas increased the acceleration of his Z06 and closed the gap.
The race was close! Lucas is closing in.
"I'll... win...I'LL WIN!!!" he exclaimed.
Before he knew it, bang! He hit the bumper of the GT-R! And increased the gap even more. His lust for victory ensured Tomo's...
It was over.
The Jack was toppled down!

Chapter 28 - Two minds, one theory... a nocturnal end

2 cars on the base of the Deadfall Junction canyon pass, joined by a group of locals in their highly upgraded cars. Tomo Kitsumoro and Lucas Scott have settled their disputes and Tomo was victorious.
A furious Lucas Scott looks at a calm Tomogashi.
"I can't believe this!!" Lucas shouts out in rage.
"There's no point in dealing with this. It was obvious, am I wrong? My 34 passed your Z06. There's no theory that you could point out that can turn the tables around."
"Why... you... Don't try to talk to me like that!"
"Just for curiousity sake, do you want to know why you lost? And for a clue, it ain't your car."
Lucas was in shock when Tomo gave that point.
"Your car was a perfect one. It has no weaknesses despite the huge power output it possesses. The problem was..."
Tomo points his finger at Lucas' nose.
"your attitude towards the battle!"
"M...my attitude? Give me a break!!"
"All you talk about is how great your skills are and how great your car is blah blah blah!... You got puffed up with pride. It clottered your thinking. Instead of thinking of a way you could outrun my 34, you were entangled with your thinking of the inevitable victory under your grasps. That's what led to your downfall."
Lucas' hands were shaking in fear. He makes a fist to stop his shivering.
"Don't try to talk to me like a priest!! My pride got me this far! I won't accept your reasoning! I'm still victorious despite this!! I'm still a winner!!" he reacted.
"Tell me... who was responsible with all your victories? You? or your pride? Your pride cannot be a source of glory. It's just a hindrance. Nothing good comes out of a person who just talks about himself. Let me give you a little fyi. Sure I may have been the only person who could bring out the potential of this 34. But guess what, Lucas... do you know who taught me and tuned my car? My companions, my friends; without them, I wouldn't be here at all. My victories are not mine because everyone had their part. I wasn't alone."
Lucas didn't say a word and was in shock, again, to what Tomo explained to him.
"No man is an island. That's an inevitable truth. Man was not made to live alone. He was given a partner. Almost in everything we do... no one succeeds alone. Being independent has brought you this far; but it doesn't mean that you can conquer all the pressures alone. That's what led me to my victory and led you to your downfall..."
Lucas' pride was shattered. He got down on his knees and regretted everything that he was proud of - himself.
"Pride before a crash, a haughty spirit before stumbling. You can't escape that fact."
"Tell me Tomo... you told me that you became great in racing because you were aided by your friends, right?"
"Yes."
"Who inspired you to this field?"
"No one."
"What?"
"No one inspired me. I had that personal interest."
"But you work as a chef..."
"I'm inspired by both. Is there a problem?"
"Doesn't that mean that you're a two sided driver?"
"No. It doesn't mean that."
Later on sirens started approaching them; becoming louder as a group of police cars come close. The whole police force led by a gray Subaru Impreza. Others panicked, but Tomo & Lucas stood still. The police came out with their guns aimed at Lucas.
"DON'T MOVE!!"the police said.
The inspector cane up close to Tomo & Lucas and faced the latter.
"Lucas Scott?"
"That's me." Lucas responded in a pale tone.
"You're under arrest for the following crimes: damage to property, disturbing the peace, reckless driving, owning illegal car modifications, unregistered modifications and the most common of all - Speeding. These infractions have totalled to impounding your vehicle and to be brought to the nearest police station for debriefing." The inspector said as he puffed a ball of smoke.
Two other police drivers came close to Lucas and cuffed him.
The inspector approached Tomo and gave him a warm handshake.
"Thanks, kid. You have helped us stop this menace. I thank you. And as promised..." The inspector took out a ticket, with Tomo's name on it and his infractions, and ripped it apart. "You're free to go. Your crime is adjurned." The inspector gave Tomo one last smile and headed to his Impreza.
"Tomo..." Lucas called out.
Tomo looks back at the arrested rival...
"Are you really into this? Racing I mean..."
"Why'd you ask...?"
"If you're unsure, then I assure you... you're just wasting time, energy and effort."
"C'mon, get movin'" the police officer said to Lucas.
user posted image
"At this rate Tomo!!..." Lucas followed while being pushed into the cop car; "you'll lose all of this sooner or later!! All this will be a huge piece of s-" his last word was cut short when the cop closed the door infront of him.
The rest left. There were some who were arrested by the cops as well - Locals in gahoots with Lucas & his crew.
Tomo and his GT-R were the only ones remaining in the canyon.
"That isn't true, Lucas... I can succeed... c... can I?"
A gust of wind passed by Tomo's face, which was down, looking at his shadow...

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Sep 26 2008, 06:35 AM
Tessou
Posted: Sep 15 2008, 08:31 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I dunno if I missed something in this thread, but is there a reason you're not drawing these chapters anymore?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
TogueRacer
Posted: Sep 15 2008, 10:00 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,595

Maybe it takes time? Or maybe it's a bit hard? But it's ok for me.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Sep 18 2008, 06:17 AM

The R34's chosen one

Not much of a story update right now.
But I did upload a couple of pics in the previous chapters.
Why dontcha review the others and see what's new. grin2.gif
I'm still working on the plot for the next chapter.
Thanks for that observation Tesso...
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Sep 22 2008, 04:46 AM

The R34's chosen one

Guys, if in case, you're worked up with waiting for the next update, how's say I recommend my other story. It's in the Initial D General thread.
Speed Legend Kyushi

Oh, Kyushi means intermission BTW.

Hope you enjoy that. I'll try to finish the update for this story. I got a story in my head now.
Patience, people. grin2.gif

EDIT: The next chapter is out; but it ain't done yet.
Chapter 29 - Plans of a Transformation

That night, Kasumi was anxiously waiting for Tomo's return; also Sakura's. Later on, a knocking sound was heard by her.
"Who is it?" She asked. "It's me, Kasumi. It's Sakura." The voice said. She hurriedly went to the door.
As soon as she opened the door, she saw a happy Sakura.
"You seem happy. Did something good happened?"
"That's right. There's a glitch in my practice."
"Eh?" Kasumi wondered as she fixed her hair.
"While I practiced, the stopwatch, este timer, recorded my fastest time and was registered in this upcoming race. I can't wait to start my qualifications."
"Well, congratulations to you on that." Kasumi said with a smile.
"Now I got a time to beat to ensure the podium at the start of the race." Sakura followed happily.
"Say, where's Tomo?" She followed.
"He's at the canyon as of now. He faced Lucas Scott." Kasumi replied.
"Any news on it?" Sakura asked with a concerned tone.
"Not yet. I'm begginning to worry. About Tomo that is."
"Me too. Why don't you call him?"
"I tried but his phone is unattended."
Kasumi and Sakura went to the balcony to look at the starry night.
"Oh Tomo..." Sakura murmured.
"Where are you? I'm so worried about you..." Kasumi uttered too.

[Local Burger shop - 11:30]
"Okay Hiei!! This is it! The Final Frontier!!" Ryusen told his bestfriend.
"Ready for it? Can you still do it?" Hiei repled.
"Oh, come on, you know that I'm the man with 4 stomachs... Of course I can!!"
The 2 friends get ready as they have a hamburger on each hand.
"Ready..."
"Set..."
"G... HEY! It's Tomo!!"
Tomo comes in the shop and sits on the countertop.
"Coffee... make it a latte"
"Tomo!!" Hiei shouts out to Tomo.
"Come here! Wanna burger? It's a double pounder! Your fave with cheese and salsa..."
Tomo tells the waitress to bring it to their table. Tomo steps off the chair and goes to Hiei & Ryusen.
"What's up? Anything happened?"
"I just defeated Lucas..."
"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!!!???" Ryusen freaked out.
"No no no, Ryusen... like this. HHHHHHUUUUUUUWWWWWWWHHHHHHAAAAATTTTTT!!!!!?????" Hiei corrected.
"Yet, why aren't you happy? Aren't you glad you beat him?" Ryusen asked.
"Because, he said this to me after our battle...

"You're just wasting your time and energy..."
"Remember this!! At this rate, you're bound to fail sooner or later!! Not giving your all because you're half-hearted in this... all this to you will be nothing but a huge pile of..."

... that's what he said." Tomo answered.
"Nah, I don't think you're wasting any time." Ryusen concluded.
"Though you're a chef-in-training and a professional racer at the same time. You're doing quite well with managing both! I know you won't fail!" Hiei followed.
"So... I won't fail in life?" Tomo asked.
"You will..." Hiei answered.
"Gee, thanks..." Tomo said turning back to his frowning face.
"... not fail..."
"Wha?"
"We know you won't! Tomo, the 3 of us are friends ever since High School. And Lucas met you only this week. WE know you more than that biker wannabe!!"
"He's all talk so get that off your head."
"Thanks guys..." Tomo said, shedding a tear...
"Whoa, dude... are you crying?" Hiei asked, quoting a line from the Disney Movie CARS.
"NO, HE'S HAPPY!" Ryusen replied, also quoting from the same movie mimicking the same voice.
user posted image
Tomo can't help but laugh a bit.
"C'mon guys, it's getting late. We better head back to the Hotel." Tomo said with a smile.

[Hotel - 10 minutes later]
"Girls, we're back." Tomo said opening the door.
"Tomo..." Sakura said with a tone of relief, who was near the door.
"You're home!!!" Kasumi charged after Tomo, crying and pushing Sakura out of her way.
She hugged Tomo and he rubbed his hand down her long, orange-toned hair."
"Don't worry. I'm fine."
"You sure? You got me worried!" Kasumi said about to cry.
He rubbed her eyes, removing the soon-to-become tears. "C'mon, don't cry. You know I don't like it when you cry, Kasumi."
"Kitsumoro." Daiki called out, who was sitting in the couch. Tetsuya was sitting next to Daiki too.
Tomo went to Daiki and sat next to him.
"So you beat Lucas, huh?"
"That's right."
"Was it hard?" Hiei asked.
"Extremely."
"Side by side? or Runner-chaser fashion?" Sakura asked.
"The latter."
"How's the GT-R?" Tetsuya asked.
"Back bumper is damaged."
"AGAIN!? I JUST FIXED THAT AND YOU GOT IT DAMAGED AGAIN!?" Tetsuya panicked and tried to strangle Tomo.
"Not my fault, it was Lucas..." Tomo said, trying to calm the heated mechanic down. "That happened when he broke down and cracked"
"As if all his senses were deactivated and all he wants is to win, not carring whether you're in his way or not." Daiki commented.
"That's right." Tomo replied.
"Where's Lucas now?" Hiei asked.
"In prison. After our race, the police came by and arrested him."
"What about you?" Sakura asked. "How did you get away?"
"I teamed up with them for a moment to drop the charges I got before. I accepted and the inspector has my word."
<to be continued...>

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:11 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Sep 26 2008, 06:26 AM

The R34's chosen one

<Continuation - Chapter 29>

"You never told us that! Are you hiding something?" Hiei asked.
"I'm not" Tomo said. "It's because they were after Lucas and I know how to help them... so the inspector gave me this proposition...

"Okay... let's make a deal." The inspector said as he puffs out a huge cloud of smoke from his mouth. The close eyed inspector goes towards the window. Later on, he tilts his head and looks at Tomo.
"I'll drop the charges; but you gotta help us with this abomination."

...and the rest is history."
"If he's in prison, then should you see if anything changed with him?" Ryusen requested.
"I don't think he'd change in one night, Ryu. He's completely stubborn with what he believes in." Tomo replied.
"You're right there." Kasumi agreed.
"But still, I'm going to visit him tomorrow. Anyone wanna come?" Tomo asked the group.
"I could." Kasumi answered.
"We'd all like but..." Daiki uttered. "Sakura's race is tomorrow. The big time. We all need to be there. Ryusen and Hiei as the pit crew, Tetsuya to do the setup, Me as the head of the pits. You understand right?"
"I know. I wish I could be there. What time does it start anyway?" Tomo asked.
"It starts at 2 p.m. the peak of the afternoon." Tetsuya answered.
"Aw man" Sakura reacted with her head down. "It's too bad you can't come. I guess we have our daily objectives and all. I just wish we could..."
"Don't worry Sakura. I'll be there. My visit with Lucas will be short." Tomo answered.
"You sure?"
"Positive."
"You'd better be." Sakura said pointing her finger as a warning. "We never get to talk much, even though we're on the same team. Priorities are different when we're there & we need to concentrate and..." she breaked in to silence.
"Really. Sakura, look at me."
Sakura raised her head and looked at Tomo.
"Do you trust me?"
"Well... I..."
"I'll be there." Tomo assured her.
"Also me." Kasumi followed up.
"We'll be there to cheer you on. To cheer ALL OF YOU on." Tomo assured the whole team.
"Another set of assuring words out of Kitsumoro's mouth..." Daiki uttered.
"Speaking of the race, where's Shinosuke & Kitami?" Hiei asked.
"They're with Hiroya and Shimizu doing their plans. Don't worry, they're a good enough team. Those 4 will do fine. We just need to make sure that nothing goes wrong with Sakura's run. That's our objective of the race." Daiki said.
"YES!!" Hiei, Ryusen and Tetsuya said in confidence.
"Alright. That settles that. Sakura, give me a call when it's starting okay?"
"Yes."
"Let's go get some rest guys. Tomorrow's a big day for Sakura. WE all need to do our part." Kasumi told the group.
With that the group went to their rooms and went to sleep. Tomorrow is something they need to have all their strengths ready for the start of the next round of the GT International Tournament.

Chapter 30 - Visiting the Imprisoned Adversary

As said by Tomo; the moment he left work, he went to the prison where Lucas was in. His shift was from 8 to 12, being a part timer. Kasumi brought the car to Tomo's workplace and waited for him to come out.
A few minutes after Kasumi arrived with the 34, Tomo came out of the backdoor, wearing his trainee's chef's jacket and knife kit. He placed his kit on the trunk and went to the passenger seat. Yes, Kasumi will be driving for the day.
"Sorry to keep you waiting. Did you wait long?" Tomo asked, panting a bit.
"No, no. I kept myself busy." Kasumi said while she shows the book she read - Revelation - It's Climax at Hand .
"You never let go of the books I brought, did you?"
"Well one, it was yours. I gotta see it for myself why you brought such interesting books that opened my mind up."
"Like..."
"Well... uh... I'm still working on that." Kasumi said sticking her tongue out in embarrassment.
"The other reason?"
"Right. I think It's because; I too could benefit from this as much as you have."
"Good of you to come to the right path"
"I think I know what verse you're saying..."
"...the path to the light; small and narrow, and only a few are seeking and walking on it to salvation." Tomo said, quoting another verse.
"That's the one! I knew it!"
"Well, that's good. Now! Let's get a move on?"
"Okay. But we need to make it quick. Sakura's counting on us to be there on her debut at Infineon."
With that said, Kasumi shifts from N to gear 1 and slowly brings the GT-R up to a smooth 50 miles per hour speed on the freeway. The RB26DETT engine smoothly sailing across the Golden Gate Bridge, heading towards Tomo & Kasumi's destination.

[12:20 - PD Local Prison State Correctional Facility]

"Name please?" The police officer on the secretariat section said.
"Tomogashi Kitsumoro and Kasumi Nadeshiko." Tomo replied.
"Foreigners huh? Yorusu-ku onegaisimasu" The police officer replied.
"Yorusu-ku ne." Kasumi answered.
"Your Japanese is good, sir." Tomo commented
"Thanks. Now, who would you be visiting?"
"Mr. Lucas Scott." He answered.
"Let me check my records. Here we are, prison code B43B9F5. Lucas Scott. Apprehended for resisting arrest, damage to property, disturbing of the peace, and owning an illegally modified Vehicle."
"Yes. can we please speak to him please?" Kasumi forwarded.
"Please wait on the communications center. We'll bring him out shortly."
Tomo & Kasumi went to the place as directed by the secretariat officer. Moments later, Lucas Scott came out. He was wearing an orange uniform - top and bottom with his prison code tag on the back. They knew it was Lucas because of his hair and his sunglasses that were hanging on his hair. Tomo took a seat; so did Lucas and both picked up the phone. Kasumi just stood behind Tomo.
"Scott."
"Jap boy..." Lucas answered with a frown directed at Tomo.
"Don't tell me you haven't learned yet?"
"This place is hell man! Now I know why a lot of hoodlums end up here and this is the punishment they deserved."
"What about in your place?"
"I'm getting what I deserved. Thanks to the lowly goody likes of you." Lucas answered in a bitterly harsh tone.
"Hey, don't take it on me, you're the one who did all those infractions you caused. No other form of twisted politics could undermine your sentence. How long are you in for?" Tomo asked.
"Five years, what is it to you?"
Tomo made a huge sigh and followed, "Look man! you need to let it go. None of this would've happened if you just kept satisfied with that you've attained and not go for something more than that which is pointless. You climbed up the stairs to victory and you let others who're on the bottom be your prey and let them kiss your feet or something like that for being number 1..."
"How'd you know about me being number one."
user posted image
"It's in the net, man. There's an online article of you abusing your right as a street racer. It said that although you're in the top of the charts there, you still destroyed the rep and dignity of others who had the ability of climbing up the same way you did. Being number 1 doesn't mean that you can destroy other people's futures on the same field. It's just not right. Get what I'm saying? Your pride got you to that danger point which you crossed over. Let go of what you believed in before and become a better person by starting anew."
"Y... you sure it's the only way to get out of this purgatory?"
"There's no such thing and it IS the only way out of this. You better get it through. This won't happen if you don't put your heart into it and seriously begin change. You should, by all means, NOT go back to the person you once were, which was yesterday. You want to get out of this? Do some change, think about what you've done... make amends for the better!" Tomo said.
"Mr. Kitsumoro. Time's up." The officer said to Kasumi.
"Tomo... we need to go." Kasumi said pulling his shoulder.
Tomo just gave Lucas a quick stare showing that what he said was true.
Lucas never said a word after that. Later on, he was brought back to his cell.
As Tomo and Kasumi head for the door, Kasumi asked Tomo something that disturbed her.
"Tomo, are you sure you did the right thing?" Kasumi asked.
"What do you mean?" Tomo answered.
"I mean, are you sure it was right of you to talk to Lucas that way? He seemed pissed at what you said..." she replied.
"I didn't want to do that but I had no choice back there. It's the way of the world - I hate doing it but I don't got a choice. If I don't do it, Lucas will still be as stubborn as ever." Tomo said opening the door.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:17 AM
Meteor
Posted: Sep 27 2008, 06:08 AM

Reasonably good conclusion to the Lucas story, though I didn't really like the minor yet unwarranted tear-shedding (Tomo letting a tear loose over something like that, Kasumi crying as if Tomo had just come home from war). However, it was in such small amounts I could simply ignore it. I'm just thankful that there wasn't any wangst present here.

Time to see how Sakura does in her next race.

Keep on writing smile.gif
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Sep 27 2008, 08:59 PM

The R34's chosen one

Chapter 31 - A Promising success

[Infineon Raceway - 1:30 p.m.]

The qualification races were being currently held. Many fans await the start of the real race. Locals, fanatics and critics alike. Many work teams are making different settings on their cars. Vipers, Mustangs, Infiniti V35's, Camaros, all of it. Out of all the cars in the qualifying line-up, one car stood among the rest; as if it's misplaced. A Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 with a silver and red color layout. In the pits, the GT-R is being checked for final preparations. A girl stands on one corner fixing herself up. raising the zipper of her race uniform up, strapping on her gloves, and snatching the keys off the tabletop counter, she comes close to a person posing as the team's manager.

"Daiki... am I gonna drive this?" she asked.
"That's right. I negotiated with the Super GT FIA department. Since the new R35 is the current car being used at the Super GT in our home country, they gave me full rights over this car since it's unused ever since the R35 made a debut in the race scene. So now, this is our Team car along with the other 34 that Tomo uses. You ready? Because our team's up." Daiki replied.
"I am. The R is what I'm worried about." the girl answered.
"Don't worry, with the TCS on, this R34 handles like it's natural 4WD production partner. We all know that this is converted to an FR so with this driving aid on, it's as if you're using your own car. Would you like me to turn off the TCS?"
"Could you please? I want to see the difference between an FR type 34 and my personal 4WD type. I want to achieve the same results as I did."
"We're on it. Just be sure YOU'RE ready... We're all counting on you... Sakura." Daiki answered as he heads to the pit crew.
Sakura just smiled looking at how the Xanavi Nismo R34 looks. She tied her hair to a ponytail as she stares in awe at the car she's about to lay her hands on.
"You ready for this, Sakura?" A guy asked her from the other side of the pit lane.
"Shinosuke-san!" She exclaimed.
Shinosuke, in his yellow & blue racing jacket, jumped off the ledge and talked with her.
"Well, I'm still using the same GT300 FD I used before."
"It's because the drastic evolution of the cars used in our country is the reason why we're driving them today. Mazda didn't come up with a new race entry in the GT300 Super GT, have they?" Sakura asked.
"As far as the GT300 is concerned, nadda." Shino answered."And just because our opponents are in much higher and newer models doesn't mean they have the upperhand. We still got a chance with winning this."
"Yet, Shinosuke, I don't think winning is the reason why we're here. Winning ain't the only reason; nor is it the primary reason. We're here to show what we can do." Sakura corrected.
"You could be right." Shinosuke said in agreement. "But one thing's sure, we won't lose to them."
"SAKURA!! YOU'RE UP!!" Hiei shouted.
"OKAY!!"
"Do good out there." Shino said as he faced his back on Sakura.
"You ready?" Daiki asked.
"I'm okay. Let's do this!" Sakura said as she boards the Xanavi R34 GT-R.
Sakura turns on the engine and slowly brings the R34 out of the pit lane at a constant 49 miles per hour. As soon as she exits the pits, she was given a lap to warm up the tires and to get use to the car. The lap passed by and Sakura is about to cross the checkered flag signaling the start of her time trial run. She pushes the car hard up to it's 9750 rpm red zone. The engine giving off a backfire sound as it hits gear 3, roars like a charging lion on its prey.
The R34 zooms by and is ready to attack the first corner. She quickly shifts down from gear 3 to 2 and nails the apex perfectly in a grip motion. She mimicks the battle she had with Kitami and clears the next corner or two in a very speedy pace.
Back at the pits.
Ryusen checks out Sakura's movements through the Heli-cam that the TV is picking up.
"She's driving as if she's not in a circuit, Daiki." he commented.
"Tetsuya, is Sakura chasing after a time or something?" Hiei asked.
"She is. When she practiced for that 37 straight lap run one night ago, she got hold of her fastest time. With that time, she wants to break that time on this run. That way, she could see how far she could push herself."
"Wow... I'm speechless..." Ryusen followed.
At a very quick pace, Sakura has just passed the 2nd to the last hairpin before the crooked straightway. Sakura just kept on going and going. Hitting the apex of every bend, she balanced the car through the bends before she could reach the final hairpin. She braked hard shifts two gears down in quick succession, ungasses for a moment, and hits the apex of the corner.
As soon as the nose of the 34 is facing the straightway, she punches on the gas and the rear tripped. The GT-R is induced to a quick drift; whilst in a drift, the rev meter is running eratically as if it's about to break, yet at the same time speed was increasing for some reason.
She cleared the corner with the rear bumper a centimeter away from the outside wall. She got her foot nailed to the accelerator and passed the checkered flag in an outstanding time.
She makes a U-turn and heads for the pit lane. Moments later, she got out of the car and removed her helmet. Approaching Daiki, she asked: "So, how did I do?"
"Why don't you look at the split time tower?"
Sakura looks at it and sees her time. 1"22.268
"That's some fast time you got there!" Daiki praised Sakura.
"Not only that, You're on fourth in the starting lineup!" Tetsuya said.
"You did great out there, Sakura. Tomo will be so proud of this." Daiki said patting her shoulder.
Sakura can't help but smile at her lap time. "With a GT-R34...away from its home country... this is unbelievable. Now, what I need to do... is maintain this or go higher!"
She looks back at the pits and heads for the work team's parking lot looking for a blue custom modded GT-R34 around.
"I hope you make it Tomo... Kasumi..." She wondered.
user posted image

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:24 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 1 2008, 05:53 AM

The R34's chosen one

Chapter 32 - The Fast Lane

At the end of the qualifications, the results were satisfying to Team Japan. They ranked 6th all in all. Out of 20 competitors, the ones leading were a couple of Vipers. Chevy's and Ford GT spec II's. The ones behind are some Pontiacs, Camaros, a few Lexus cars and some european representatives such as Porsche and BMW. Pressure was on the drivers and the mechanics as they make final preparations to their vehicles. In the garage of team Japan, Sakura finishes off her bottled water and checks the time.

"We have to make sure that we retain our post. It's hard enough that we gained the slot. It's even harder to maintain it." she said wiping off her sweat drops falling down her cheeks.

"Sakura, we're off in a rolling start on this okay? Remember all the tactics that you and I've planned during the eliminations and your practice rounds. Got that?" Daiki asked. "I got it." she answered. "THE GT-R IS READY!" Tetsuya shouted out to Sakura.
Sakura boards the car and drives off with the rest of the racers in a rolling start. The safety car, that leads the pack, guides the drivers as they follow in a slalom motion. From inside the GT-R, a voice comes out of Sakura's ear piece. Remember, the TCS is off. Even if this is an FR, a GT-R is a GT-R. Conserve your tires when necessary. If you push it, the tires won't last until lap 10 and... "I got it. Thanks for the concern, Tetsuya-san." The sports car league of the GTL is about to begin as the safety car enters the pits and the racers close in on the starting line.

The leading car of the pack, a Viper GTS-R Oreca presses on the accelerator further, signaling the start of the race, as he passed the starting line. Followed by a C5-R, then a Ford GT race spec II, then... the GT-R. The race began! Passing the first corner, all the cars followed the same line, forming a multi-colored caterpillar. All but Sakura and her GTR34 followed the racing line the Oreca was taking. It may not look like it but Sakura hits the apex half a meter closer than the rest, thus closing in on the other cars.

"I lasted until lap 37 before... I wonder how long I could push this car..." She wondered. "But... I need to coordinate with Daiki on this. It's not like in the Super GT, where we can't negotiate between driver and pit crew. We need to strategize how we could lessen the time loss that it'll eat up.

[minutes later - lap 9 of 40 - crooked Straightway after hairpin - Infineon]

Tomo's car still hasn't arrived yet. Sakura is pushing herself hard. Currently, she's in 4th place. She's not losing any momentum at all despite the heat. While driving on the crooked straight, she contacts Tetsuya. "Kudou-san, prepare the pits when I reach lap 11."
"Lap 11? can you still make it?"
"I just need to finish one more lap."
"What's the gap between you and the car behind you?"
"Pretty big. He went to the pits at lap 7."
"You mean the Camaro LM? I saw it. That must be the one behind you."
"Anyway, better get it ready."
Sakura closed the radio as she gutter-rode the nylon.

[start of lap 11 of 40]

The Xanavi Nismo R34 enters the pits and Hiei & Ryusen quickly switched the tires. Tetsuya brings out the gas tank and refills the car. Daiki comes through the window and tells Sakura to push it for the next 10 laps. Sakura gives a simple nod. Hiei taps the rear, telling her that service is done and she can immediately go.
Sakura rockets out of the pits. Her position between the car infront of her and the car behind her is equal.

[lap 15 of 40]

She's now right behind the 3rd placer again but she feels as if something is missing. Only at that moment, she realized she forgot all about Tomo. While driving, once more, she opens the radio and calls out to Daiki. Is Tomo there yet? Well, Is he? Daiki gives just a "no" to answer that. Sakura just kept on driving but she's not into overtaking the 3rd placer realizing that Tomo ain't there yet...
"I thought you promised me... Where are you guys?" Sakura thought as she presses on the accelerator even harder. The modifed RB26 screams in angst as Sakura wonders what's taking Tomo so long...

Sorry if I had to Jump from one lap to another. It's hard to describe every lap as it is. I'm just iterating what's really happening to remove the boring parts. After all, this is the pro league so Endurance is of the essence and most laps run just like previous ones so I don't need to say the same actions over and over again. I'll just go to the good parts of the story that is more important. grin2.gif
Meteor
Posted: Oct 1 2008, 06:58 AM

Sakura. Just concentrate on the race. That RB26's supposed to roar for roaring's sake, not screaming in angst.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 2 2008, 03:39 AM

The R34's chosen one

Episode 9 - Awaiting the Future Generation...
Chapter 33 - Believe

[lap 35 of 40 - Infineon]

The Xanavi GT-R pulls over for her last pitstop. Hiei & Ryusen went straight for the tires and unscrewed them in lightning speed! Daiki looks in the cockpit and sees a depressed Sakura holding the steering wheel with her head down.
"What's wrong Sakura? you're doing great out there. 5 more laps and this is over." Daiki encouraged her; somewhat. "It's because, Tomo's not..." she was short of a word as Hiei tapped the rear saying that the pit is done.
"Tell me as you drive." Daiki said as he gave way for Sakura to accelerate. Later, a voice came out of the radio. Is it because Tomo ain't here? That's why you can't give your max? "Yeah. He promised me. I just remembered." Don't get it too much on your head. come on, you got a race to finish. who knows, he might show up before the final lap. Just concentrate and bring out the inner power of that Xanavi R34.
"Bring out the inner power huh?" She wondered as she enters the next hairpin. She closes in on the 2nd placer - a Corvette C5R.

[lap 39 of 40 - infineon; approaching lap 40]

From the sidelines, Tomo and Kasumi work their way through the crowd.
"Move it tourist!"
"I'm sorry."
"Watch it!"
"Very sorry."
"Hey! You stepped on my drink!"
"Sorry."
"Come back here noob!"
"lateh!"
"Kasumi, do you have the poster?"
"Here!" Kasumi throws it who was 3 feet away from Tomo. He barely got the poster and runs for the starting line.
Sakura's about to reach her limit. She's panting as she drives. She's close to losing her momentum. She takes a glimpse of the guy who's waving the white flag - signaling the final lap. She sees Tomo right behind him with a poster.

I'm sorry if we came late. I kept my promise! Do your best! - Tomo

user posted image
Seeing that poster held by Tomo, Sakura's spirits were lifted and she regained some energy. She sat back on her seat and is ready to overtake. A tri-duel begins at this moment.

[final lap - Infineon Sports Car Course, hairpin before crooked straight.]

The C5R and Viper approach the apex of the hairpin. Sakura's R34 just entered the hairpin and attempts to remake her attack during the eliminations battle. She drove through the nylon plank and had her R34 halfway airborne. As the car has it's four wheels on the ground again, she's side by side with the C5R and overtakes at the first and second bend of the crooked straightway.
As she approached the final hairpin, she's a few meters away from the Viper, but it seems it's too big of a gap to decrease.
"I'm going to have to togue my way out of this." she planned.
As Sakura sees the Viper enter the apex, she brakes late and continues to brake as she turns. The GT-R did a slide and does what she calls an out-mid-in corner entry. With the back still sliding, she countersteers and does a perfect exit-oriented drift.
"What the!?" The Viper driver reacted.
"DORRRRRIIIIYYYYYAAAAAA!!!!" Ryusen and Hiei exclaimed.
"Amazing..." Tetsuya said fixing his glasses in place.
Daiki and Tomo just smiled at what Sakura just did.
Her exit speed is higher than that of the Viper and she was able to catch up.
It was a close match in the straight. The Viper in the outside lane with the R34 in the inside lane. The GT-R catched up even more.
The race was close!!
Zoom! The 2 race cars passed the finish line. Officials checked the camera for a slow motion analysis. It was close but the R34 won by 5 millimeters from the side.
The GT-R barely won and everyone was excited in the Team Japan Garage.
Ryusen hugged Hiei over excitement. As soon as he got to his senses he tried to break free. Shinosuke on the back leaning on his FD smiled and just told Hiroya and Shimizu to get ready. Tomo was happy and went to the garage with the rest of the team. Daiki gave a personal applause. Tetsuya just nodded. Sakura, as soon as she came to a stop, she panted, gasping for a bit of air; but with a smile. She was happy. They all were.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:27 AM
Meteor
Posted: Oct 7 2008, 11:32 PM

"I'm going to have to togue my way out of this."

Sorry, but that was just bad no.gif

However.
As Sakura sees the Viper enter the apex, she brakes late and continues to brake as she turns. The GT-R did a slide and does what she calls an out-mid-in corner entry. With the back still sliding, she countersteers and does a perfect exit-oriented drift.
"What the!?" The Viper driver reacted.
"DORRRRRIIIIYYYYYAAAAAA!!!!" Ryusen and Hiei exclaimed.
"Amazing..." Tetsuya said fixing his glasses in place.
Daiki and Tomo just smiled at what Sakura just did.

That was nice wink2.gif
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 12 2008, 08:13 AM

The R34's chosen one

Chapter 34 - Shinosuke's final Drive

The Stock Car race of Shinosuke quickly ended. They had the same regulations as that of Sakura's battle - 40 laps, 20 race cars and pit enabled service. Hiroya and Shimizu as Shino's pit crew did a good job. Shinosuke's race was very straightforward. It was nothing really. It's like any other race. Winning over LM edition racers in a JGTC RE Amemiya RX-7 from the GT300 2004 league. No one knew that the weak-powered Rotary could dominate from last place; they all stood corrected, even if Shinosuke placed second - half a car away from gaining first. Everyone gathered at the Hotel in Daiki's room. They had a huge celebration. Beer, Yakitori (Chicken Skewers), Juice and cake all laid out in the table. Hiroya, Shimizu, Shinosuke, Kitami, and Ryusen got drunk after drinking 3 bottles straight. Kasumi and Sakura chatted in one corner of the room. Tomo joined along with the others but never intended to drink. Hiei stuffed himself with chicken skewers while Daiki gave thankful remarks to the rest of the crew. Later on, Shinosuke spoke.
"Guys, I have something to say..." Shinosuke said.
"Oh come on! No need for a speech, your race is everything that we need to see and hear." Shimizu said.
"He's right, Shino. We all did a good job just as Sakura, Hiei, Ryusen, and Tetsuya." Hiroya commented.
"Aww... come on, Hiroya. You're making me blush. My run is nothing compared to Shinosuke's." Sakura said, covering her cheeks.
"Can I talk now?" an angry Shinosuke interrupted.
"Whoops. Sorry, man." Tetsuya said.
"Ahem." He said cleaning out his throat. "As of today, I'm quiting the group."
Hearing that out of Shinosuke, Everyone else dropped their glasses.
"But why brother? Why are you leaving the group?" Kitami stood up in angst trying to change his brother's mind.
"I got a contract with a couple of Holywood people. And if I accept that, it'll be much harder for the team as my skills would be something that will be affected."
He looks at Tomo and followed. "I'm not like Tomo nor Sakura who could control both my secular and my racing careers. I mean, there's still Kitami."
"M...me?"
"That's right, little brother. Even though your wins went downhill, like getting to a tie with an FF driver and losing to Sakura during the eliminations..."
"YOU DON'T NEED TO GO THAT FAR."
Everyone laughed as they saw Kitami turning red over his defeats.
"...Sorry bro. But if you look at it, you improve more when you lose. I feel as if you've surpassed my skill and I'm growing weak over quick Victories. I feel as if I'm too dominating."
"Don't you think that's a good thing for the team?" Kasumi questioned.
"The only problem with that, we might get the tendency of being too conceited with our victories that our further adversaries will not care about us no more. It won't be very beneficial for the team at all." Daiki said.
"I think I get what you mean. No one will learn over easy victories." Tomo followed.
"Tomo's right" Shino said. "Starting something new such as this could be something good for me."
"Well, I don't think Haruka would pay attention to that statement." Hiei answered.
"That's what she thinks."
"It could be a good start for you Shinosuke-san" Kasumi said. "If I remember right, Tomo told me that your father is part of showbiz right?"
"And still is. While the night is young, let me enjoy this last moment with the group."
With that said, the group went to another round of shots. Tomo stood up from where he was sitting and went to Sakura who was standing at the veranda, enjoying the view."It's breezy here, ain't it?" Tomo said as he came close to her.
"Um... yeah. I like this feeling." Sakura answered.
user posted image
"You know..."
"hmm?"
"I'm kinda... sorry for coming late for your race, Sakura. On our way there, traffic was soooo... long it took us around half an hour to break free off the traffic. Not to mention the crowd control in the arena."
"Forgiven... I knew you had it coming..."
"yeah..." Tomo stares for half a second at the view and gets what Sakura is saying... "Hey!" he followed in a pissed tone.
Sakura just giggled. "Took ya long enough to figure that out."
"Tsk. Come on Sakura... gimme a break... hold on..." Tomo came close to Sakura's face and noticed something. He wipes something off her cheek. "You got a bit of Chicken sauce over there."
"Th...thanks."
"There. Now you look as cute as before..."
Sakura can't help but blush. Kasumi, who is sitting with the others who're drinking hapilly overheard the conversation of Tomo and Sakura and is furious with jealousy. Hiei, Ryusen, and Hiroya are scared over Kasumi's blazing aura as she drinks from her cup.
"S....sca....ary..." The three whispered.
"Hey, Shinosuke-san", Daiki stood up and approached him. "I know of a way to complete your last get together with Team Japan."
"Are you thinking of a duel? You and me?"
"That's right."
"Well, I'm in. We didn't battle against each other right?"
"On the contrary." Daiki answered.
"huh?" Shinosuke was dumbfounded. "Remember? Tsuchisaka? The S2000... remember now?"
"That! I get it... I never knew that. But that race was illegitimate."
"An hour from now... would it be alright?" Daiki requested.
"Okay." Shinosuke agreed and shook hands with Daiki.

[Eternity Pass - 10:30 p.m.]
A 350Z waiting at the peak. It was Daiki's but it's not the usual Z that he had when they arrived at USA. The body's a bit wider than usual, Carbon canards on the sides. The rims, though, are retained. A low spoiler that is alike the original Nismo spoiler.
Behind them are Daiki, Hiroya, Shimizu, Ryusen and Hiei.
On the other side is Shinosuke's FD. His FD has close to the same upgrades as of Kyosuke's silver FD back at Italy. The GT wing on the back, though, is different and equipped with Konig Blantant rims. With a smooth yellow coating, the FD poses power that is admirable. On the other side of the road, next to the FD, is Tomo, Shinosuke, Kitami, Kasumi, and Sakura.
"Shino. Let me give you a few pointers about Daiki." Tomo said.
"No need, man. I need to do this alone. It's my race so please don't interfere."
"Brother. just do your best, okay?" Kitami said.
"I will, little brother. I will."
On the other side...
"Daiki, how's say I ive you a few pointers when racing against Shinosuke." Shimizu said.
"Don't butt in on this Shimizu." Daiki answered.
"Why do you say that?" Hiei asked.
"This is not a race where winning or losing is essential or anything. Nor is it a race of pride. It doesn't matter if I win or he wins, fellas. This is a race between Shinosuke and me."
Daiki goes next to Kasumi and requests her to start the countdown. Daiki and Shinosuke boarded their cars and begin to rev the engines high.
It's been a while since I drove seriously. THe last time this happened is when I faced Tomo and when I raced against Hiei. I'll give Shinosuke a race that he'll remember.
The VQ35DE, custom turbo and supercharged engine of the Z roars with confidence up to 7500 rpms.
The 13B REW engine shows that it is not showing any weaknesses either as it revs all the way to 9300 rpm. The turbo hisses with angst as neither driver can't wait to begin. Shinosuke looks at Kasumi and waits for her arms to rise, getting ready for the countdown; but Kasumi is giving a signal saying that Daiki has something to say.
Daiki lowers his window; Shino does the same. "This'll be a handicap match. My Z's enigne is too advanced as engine statistics is to be taken to account. I'll let you lead for up to a hundred feet then I begin. An overtake nor outrun countdown won't be declared. Just finish this race."
"No. I would like it to be the other way around. Is it alright if you? I don't care if your engine is that advance or something like that but I want to see if what you call your superiorly advance engine is that strong and I too want to see if I can keep up with it."
"Alright. It's your race afterall..."
"Thanks a lot. Let's begin." Shinosuke closes his window and gives a thumbs up to Kasumi. She looks at Daiki who gave a nod.
"sa-te... hajimeruso desuka!!" Kasumi shouts starting the countdown.
"GO! YON! SAN! NI! ICHII!...GO!" As she throws her hands down.
Daiki rockets out of the starting line. Tomo counts how far before Shinosuke could take off.
Tomo gives a thumbs up and Shinosuke raced off. The first hairpin is up and Shino braked long and tapped his accelerator as he gets through the apex. "FD is light so as I reach the final hairpin... the gap between me and the much heavier Z will decrease by half. Go, my 13B REW. Harima-kure!" Shinosuke exclaimed as he boosts to gear 3. Daiki on the other hand, is also drifting through every corner with finese. Controlling wheelspin as he goes through the apex, his delicate acceleration techniques prevents him from going any slower than a normal Z through the corner. Daiki smoothly drifts out of the fifth hairpin and ruggedly presses on the accelerator, shifting to gear 3 to gear 4.
As the Z reaches the downhill section, the FD clears the 5th consecutive hairpin. "I'm right! There's the Z and is right there on the downhill. Close the gap, FD!!" Shino shifts to gear 3 as soon as the needle is close to the 8200 rpm redzone.
Back atop...
"Do you think Shinosuke could pull this off?" Hiroya asked.
"Even I, his brother ain't sure if he'd win." Kitami followed.
"So do I; even though I lost to him twice already." Shimizu said.
"Didn't you guys listen to Daiki?" Tomo asked. "It doesn't matter if Shino wins or loses. This is his greatest battle, to race against the prince like what I've been through. I'm going down to see who wins..."
"No need to do that, Tomo." Sakura interrupted as Tomo's about to board the GT-R.
"Daiki said that after the battle, they'll come up to pick us up."
"I see." He closed the door of the 34 and leans on the side as he thinks of who'll win...
"WHO Will win?" Tomo asked himself silently.

At the tunnel which is the 1/3 part of the whole pass...

Daiki raises the e-brake and shows off one of his signature moves - out-in-inertial drift. He hits the apex and stays on the inside while drifting and controlling wheelspin. Shinosuke slowly comes up close to Daiki's 350Z and grips through the corner. Distance between the Z and FD increased slightly as they reach the straightway before the low speed chicane. The FD is now 15 feet away from the Z and both grip through the low speed section. They tapped the accelerator in controlling understeer and clears the next right hander in top acceleration. A VQ35DET roars down the steep hill of Eternity pass as it is followed by an equally faster Rotary Engine. Just for kicks, Daiki and Shinosuke drift through the mid-high speed left corner. A parallel drift. A small distance of a ruler's width in between the Z and the FD.
The Z slowly smoothens his position, getting out of the contersteer and centering the front tires facing the straightway. The FD clears it at a slightly slower pace compared to the Z. Daiki makes a gap and slowly increases it.
"There's still a way..." Shinosuke said while punching the car to gear 5.
"It's because you're FD is NA tuned. You removed the turbo to increase cornering ability and avoiding the double-edge sword effect of the turbo... Break your way into the lead, just try, Shinosuke!!"

Daiki said pushing the accelerator even further.
The last tight corner (a J turn) is close and both drivers are ready to brake hard. Shino braked a bit later than Daiki. As soon as the FD is near the Z's bumper, Shino removed the accelerator and hits the inside hard. Daiki eased up on the brakes on the latter part of his braking to lessen deceleration as his Z's speed is near to the exact speed.Shino clears the final corner and exits from the inside whilst Daiki on the outside. It's full speed all the way and Shino's close to gaining the lead but...
As soon as both drivers reach gear 6*, the FD's gear response time is longer compared to the 350Z's and Daiki gains a bit of a lead - half of a car distance. Daiki and Shinosuke still push through passing 150 miles per hour. Once they reached the finish line, Daiki maintained the lead. With Shinosuke on his side. A close match indeed. Shinosuke wasn't dissapointed, nor did he break a sweat.

He smiled - he was happy. What a way to end his racing career with Team Japan.
"What a match... if during the Infineon eliminations the spike belt wasn't there, my race with Tomo would've ended the same way... If I retained the turbo in my Rotary, we would've ended in a tie or

better, I would've won... oh well... a great way to finish this story of mine..."Shinosuke said, reclining on his racing seat.
"You remind me of Tomo a lot, Shinosuke-san. No need to thank me for this wonderful race of ours. If the Z is not as strong as it is tonight, you would've won... Don't forget this race. If you would ever return to this field, remember this battle. Let it be your guide as how I experienced it in my youth days." Daiki commented.

[Next Day, Hotel Entrance]
Shinosuke checks out and is ready to board his FD. Before he can put his head into the car, Kitami calls out to him.
"What is it, little bro?"
"Here." Kitami said as he gives his keys.
"What's this? your RX-8's keys?"
"You're right, little brother, I need a couple of improvents on myself AND my car. The capabilities of my RX-8 is limited compared to your older but more powerful FD. I already made arrangements for a new car that I'll use during the team conquests...It's non-Japanese but I think it has the same capabilities as that of your own car."
"What car is it?"
" A Ford." Kitami proudly replied.
"Well, good for you." Shino said as he smiled.
"The races you and the team that'll be experiencing are going to be much harder than before." Shinosuke asnwered.
"How'd you know that bro?"
"Just a feeling. But I know that'll happen."
"Thanks for the reminder bro."
"No prob. Let me help you hook up the RX-8" Shino said as he pats his brother in the back. They loaded the RX-8 into the carrier and hooked it up to the Rx-7.
"So... you'll be letting go of your identity of being a rotary driver is that right?"
"That's right, bro. It's time for me to explore new things, new skills. And hopefully, once we return home, I'd be able to do something I've never done in my RX-8. Who knows, driving a completely different car would be a good thing."
"You could be right there, Kitami."
"So... this is goodbye, eh Shinosuke?"
"No... not goodbye... but see you soon. Why?"
"Tell me." Kitami answered who was a bit confused.
"I'm still there." Shino said as he points at Kitami's heart. "I mean, come on... everytime we raced, we're more of rivals than brothers and there are a lot of moments where we're on the same side. With you or against you... I'm still your brother; you know that."
"Oh yeah... I nearly forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me that..." Kitami commented.
"I'm off for my interview... I think I'd do quite well... I'll send you e-mails from time to time."
Shinosuke boards his FD and drives off to California's showbiz central...
Kitami stood in awe as the FD drives off to the horizon.
"See you soon, brother..." Kitami's last words as he held tight to the keys of his new machine. The machine that he'll be using from this day forth...
A car that is close to his brother's FD but more non-Japanese... what car could that be?

Chpater 35 - Futility

As soon as Shinosuke had made his leave, Kitami went to the Ford Motoring Center to check up on his new car. Back at the Hotel, everyone else was wasted over the party. Most of them slept on the floor surrounded by beer and juice bottles. Sticks of Chicken Skewers were everywhere. The girls, Kasumi and Sakura slept on the furniture. Someone though is missing, aside from the Kitamaru brothers... Tomo's not around; how come?

[Golden Plate Restaurant - 8:45 a.m.]

A Blue Nissan Skyline R34 is parked in the employee's parking area next to the restaurant. Tomo's back at work.
Tomo opens his locker and gets ready to put on his cooking add ons - his apron, skull cap, and his side towels. He's ready for his shift.
"Kitsu, right?" someone asked Tomo from the office door.
"Yes, boss. What is it?" Tomo answered.
"We have a new recipe in our menu; it's kind of awkward for a quick casual restaurant like ours, that serves most of their chickens fried and roasted, to serve something like this." The boss described.
"let me see..."
Tomo browses over the recipe ingredients and procedures; he was stumped.
"What's it called, boss?"
"It's called coq au vin..."
"Coke a Vin? What's that? Vin Diesel drinking coke?"
"No! Don't make it sound so childish. A French guest requested it. Thanks to that Frenchy, our restaurant is slowly upgrading from a quick Casual restaurant to a just-plain casual restaurant expanding it's cuisine. Turnover of customers will be slow though due to these recipes but it'll raise our reputation. If we try to do our style with the conventional service of this casual restaurant thing, it could be a trademark of our restaurant. But we need your help."
"I'm ready for anything boss. Name it."
"Buy us some red wine why don't ya?"
"You don't got any in our storage?"
"Weren't you listening? We only serve our chickens fried and roasted. Using wine is new to us and our restaurant could be becoming quite Europeanic... No one in the cooking staff tried this yet. Could ya?"
"Alright. I'll be back then we try this out."
"Good to hear that. You got 5 minutes."
"WHAT!?" Tomo screamed in surprise.
"Do it or you're fired!" The boss said.
Tomo is in his frozen-like-a-stone reaction hearing that. "Kidding, boy. I'm kidding. You Japs easily get surprised over stuff like this..." The boss said as he went back to his office.
Tomo stepped out of the restaurant and went to his car. Where's the nearest Wine bar here?, he wondered. He shifted to reverse and accelerated smoothly out of the parking area. From one corner of the opposite street stood someone who has known Tomo. It was Lucas Scott. What's he doing in broad daylight? And we all thought that he's still in prison, what's going on here?
[5 minutes later...]
"Boss, I'm back." Tomo said in excitement.
"Ah, good. Waddya get?"
"This. Red Wine from freshly pressed red grapes. It's great. The alcohol content is not that much but flavor is strong."
"You really know your way around the ingredients huh?"
"Bad habit when I was young; back home, they call me free-taste-boy."
"Why do they call you that?" One of the chefs asked.
"Because everytime there's a free taste stand at the supermarket, I'm often the first and last taster they get if I liked it." Tomo said, scratching his head.
Everyone laughed over that story.
"Listen up guys, He'll show us how to do this coq-au-vin thing that the french guest requested. Seeing that most of our customers are Europeans, changes in the menu had to be done. I'll ask some help from you guys what to change later on. Right now, we have ourselves an in-house demonstration."
After 20 minutes, the demonstration begins.
Tomo cuts up some onions, carrots, celery into rough cubes. He then took out the Leg and Thighs that are already soft & marinated in red wine and placed it in a hot saute pan, with a little oil to brown. He browned the veggies in another sauce pot on the side. 6 minutes later, the chicken showed some good brown spots and is ready to be cooked with the veggies.
"It's like you roasted it but using the saute pan, not the oven. Impressive." One of the cooks commented.
Tomo placed the chicken in the veggie mix and deglazed the hot saute pan with half of the red wine in the recipe. He later on added that to the chicken and veggies; also added the rest of the red wine. He seasoned it with salt, peppercorns, rosemary, and thyme. 20 minutes later, the chicken is done. Tomo strained out the pieces and returned the red wine in the saute pan to reduce. Minutes later it was done. Tomo just took out the chicken and placed it on a plate that has rice. Later on he drizzled some of the sauce on the chicken.
"Wait! What about the veggies you cut up awhile ago?" A cook asked.
"It says on the recipe to discard the vegetables"Tomo answered.
"Why is that!? If We're doing this then I quite! I won't allow myself to waste any ingredients over such recipes." One of the cooks argued.
Tomo tasted the onion himself to know why. He showed a dissapointed look and swallowed the chewed up onion. "It's tasteless." he commented. "That's why it has to be discarded."
"I see... oh!... no wonder..." The chefs and cooks uttered.
The boss tasted the coq au vin. He showed a very excellent reaction by showing a thumbs up on the air. "DEEEEEELLLLIIIIICCCCIIIIOOOOUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!" he said as he posed like Napoleon and stood on one of the cooks, who in the boss' mind, is his faithful horse.
"Th...that's....!?" The cooks shouted.
"Napoleon Bonapart..." Tomo followed.
"I've decided! We're going to put this in our menu!!" The boss said. "Now, let's begin the meeting. shall ... we?" The boss' words were cut short as the rest of the cooks rampaged on the coq au vin, trying to taste it.
He went to Tomo and patted him on the shoulder saying... "good job."
Hours have passed and Tomo's shift ended at 5 in the afternoon.

[Golden Plate - 5:10 p.m.]

"See you tomorrow, fellas." Tomo said as he leaves his workplace.
He removed his cooking gear and boards his GT-R.
As soon as he could shift to gear 1, someone stood in his way.
"Let's talk a moment. Okay?" It was Lucas Scott.
"Lucas!? I thought you're in prison. If this is your escape plan, sorry. You can't ride with me."
"Let me explain, alright? Don't get pissed at my presence because of our confrontations."
"Fine." Tomo said with an angry grin. "Hop on."
Lucas boarded the car and the GT-R was off to the metropolitan.
"Explain yourself Lucas, why are you out in broad daylight?"
"Is it a crime to be outside?"
"Prisoners like you? then, yes."
"I'm still under police supervision, okay? See this arm watch thing on me?" Lucas shows his right hand to Tomo.
"My perimeter from the prison to downtown is quite limited. They gave me the whole day out."
"So, you're still under probation, is that it?" Tomo verified.
"That's right."
"What about your Z06?"
"Impound. I won't be getting it after 5 years.
"How long are you in for?" Tomo asked. "9 months. I didn't do any killing sprees so the sentence is quite minimal - down to less than a year. I've been there for 2 days and I know what it's like to face the consequences now. I was a complete ass. A complete moron, I admit it. I got into the wrong side of life." Lucas admitted in a pale voice but with a smile on his face as he stares at the fast moving horizon.
Tomo just looks at Lucas.
"It must be hard for you, huh?"
"People around the area know me. Both fans and rivals. Some praise me but the truth is, they all fear me. My pride, no... I got myself this far. I don't want to live like this, being feared by the public. Back in the prison, it was the complete opposite. I fear them; they knew that among those who comitted crimes, I was the softest - just broke property. The rest? Some were serial killers, others killed at least one person in their life... It was scary there. I have to get out of there. I don't want to be a racer anymore if that'll be my future safe and under the law... It's like Karma, you do something..."
"...that something will get you back two fold." Tomo followed. "It's like the law of equivalent exchange. You've treated others harshly, and here you are now, the victim of all the opression."
"I know; so you don't have to repeat it all on me, man." Lucas interrupted. "you're a good man, Tomo."
"I'm not. I'm already telling you. I'm no different from you."
"eh?" Lucas was confused with what Tomo just said as he takes the R34 into the peak of Devil's creek pass. He stopped the car, raised the e-brake and got out. Tomo just looked at the horizon and kept on talking.
"I was often the oppressor when I was little. I controlled everything; I controlled my friends. What happened? Because of me acting all high and mighty, when they all left the village that I was living in, they never said goodbye. I lost a couple of friends whom I never get to keep in touch with. I changed and became the oppressed as the years go by in school."
"Tough luck." Lucas said.
"I tried to stand up to those who were helpless but I end up looking at the sidelines, seeing them being socially tortured. In their eyes, they knew I too am an oppressor. I was no different. Instead of gaining friends, I lose more. As soon as my school career ended, my circle of friends never expanded. Maybe it's because they were looking for something that I'm not capable of being. I'm becoming someone I know that is good but in their mind, is just a fantasy poorly becoming a sad reality."
"That's how they think." Lucas followed up. "you've shared something about yourself... mind if I share a bit of mine? Besides, by 6:30, the cops will be tracking me down, bringing me back to my cell."
"Sure. I'm listening." Lucas came close to where Tomo was standing and started talking himself.
"Whenever I race, winning was all in my mind. The competition? I didn't worry about it since I know my skills are superior. As I reached the top. All the so called blessings of being number one shadowed my conduct. I end up wrecking others instead of helping them. Probably also, because, I don't want to give up this post, even if there's someone else improving and about to become the next number one who could beat me. I realize now that winning isn't everything at all. Once you get there, what now? Staying there, protecting that worthless position, I'm just wasting minutes of my life. There's always someone better; that is where the youth generation appears. New things come up, things that some can't understand fully. While I was in my cell, all of that came into my mind and made my mind even clearer. It made me realize how much of a fool I've become through the years ever since I became number one. I guess, being proud too much doesn't do any good, now does it?"
"Wow. That's a lot out of you, Lucas. I can't believe after 2 days, your way of thinking changed." Tomo said. He was impressed by how Lucas self examined himself.
"You've read the post of my brother in the internet right?"
"Yeah...?"
"I quit the team because of the same reasons why I became a street racer. The similarity among the two? I feel as if I'm too good and no one would dare topple me down. I did all the shots. I threw the passes. The team was nothing without me - even they knew that. In my last game, the opposing team cheated to win. When I stole the ball from them for a fast break, one of the opponents acted his way on getting me a foul. I was one foul away from getting fouled out. Yes, I did hit him by accident but he made it look as if I made a foul. I tried to explain to the referee but he won't bother to listen. I was sent out and in 2 minutes, a 10 point gap was made between our team and the opposing team. Even my team members didn't believe me. From a far away view, it may seem that I've committed a foul. I was just an inch away from one but I know what I was doing. After the game, I overheard my teammates saying that I was nothing but a lousy cheat. TO me, I thought otherwise. I felt that they were pulling me down. I'm better off playing alone. That's what I thought before. Then came my street racing career. Though we race alone, it's still a team effort. When you came along, how I looked at my basketball team on my last game is how I treated my team mates in racing. You, winning without a sweat, made me think that all the while, I've been hanging with a couple of noobs, doing the dirty work. You were right Tomo. I can't do everything alone."
"I realize that and that's why I brought it up to you after our canyon duel. If racing is an individual thing, teams shouldn't have been formed in the first place." Tomo said.
"I've decided..."
"eh?" Tomo this time wondered what he meant.
"I'll try to give my basketball career one more chance. I'll use my time in the prison to practice - not alone, but with a team. I'll try to get along with others. Hopefully, they'll change just like how you changed me."
"It's never too late to go back to an old passion, Lucas. But what about you-"
"I think racing is not my thing. Even if some say I'm skilled at it. I don't have the right heart to race unlike you do. I race for myself; for all the glory; for victory. While you race for others... You make sure that what your teammates did to your car won't go to waste. That's sorta surprising about you Tomo."
"Thanks, man. (But why is it I have this feeling that what he said to me was a lie?)" Tomo said.
Later on, a Crown Victoria and an Impreza came by.
"You know the drill Scott."
"I know, inspector. Back to the old brine, I guess."
"Good of you to cooperate. Survive these nine months and I might bail you out for good behavior..."
"That could happen, Inspector."
"In your dreams, kid."
With that said, The Impreza and crown Victoria went down the hill; as the GC8 did a few drift moves of his own.
Tomo stood silently as he stared at the sun completely out of his sight and night begins to fall.
"Am I really racing for others? Or am I no different from Lucas? Am I racing for fame?" Tomo wondered.
He got on his car and drove down Devil's creek pass.
"...race for myself...since I know my skills are superior......I'm the oppressor..." random things that Lucas and Tomo said cluttered Tomo's thinking as he drove down the pass.
As he cleared one corner, and getting ready for another, another car comes down from behind. There were no lights down the pass and the sky became pitch black. It was hard to see the car behind the GT-R. Tomo wasn't minding about the car at all. He tried to remove all the words that he and Lucas said out of his mind. Tomo tried to drive himself out of his thinking. He raised the e-brake and downshifted as the needle is eratically pointing at 9000 rpm. The RB26 screaming down the hill. An unfamiliar racing tone followed the RB's engine tone, getting closer to the GT-R's tone.
As Tomo is ready to face the straightway, a couple of lights blinded him from his rear view mirror.
"What car is that? Could that be Daiki? It can't be him!"
Tomo pressed on the accelerator to get away but the gap didn't increase at all. The unknown car just nailed itself on Tomo's behind and is not losing any momentum. Tomo does an out-in-out attack on the next hairpin and induces the car into a drift via weight shift along the way. But the unknown car still kept on going.
"This car behind me... it's alot faster than my GT-R... In terms of acceleration, it's as quick as Lucas' Corvette. What IS that car?"
Tomo plans to late-brake on the next corner to increase gap. He does so but understeer kicked in. "DAMN! TOO WIDE!!" Tomo panicked and presses on the brake longer as hen aimed for the inside. The unknown car minimized the gap to a bumper to bumper distance. They approach the third to the last hairpin and Tomo's GT-R barely could manage the lead. The unknown car plans to attack from the outside as soon as they pass the apex. But because of Tomo's quick response time, he sees its plans and counterattacks quickly, centering his car where there's no gap wide enough to pass.
He was wrong...
The unknown car still insisted on attacking from the outside. The gap between the GT-R and the mountainside is just right. "No! What are you doing!?" Tomo said in panic.
The second to the last hairpin approaches and Tomo's 34 tried to close the gap in the inside as they enter the right corner. Both cars braked and entered through the inside. Problem? There was a couple of rocks on the road, big enough for you to lose control once your car hits it. Tomo avoided the rocks but the rear right tire hits and induces Tomo's GTR to a spin out. The unknown car didn't move a bit at all and maintained his position in the inside - still attacking. The GT-R can't do any countersteer attacks anymore. It's bound to lost control. Tomo didn't know what to do, he had no choice but to brake hard up to a full stop. He sees the figure of the car that is slowly passing him.
user posted image
It was a Dodge Viper SRT10 coupe. The same Viper that saved Tomo and Kasumi when they had their mistaken encounter with the police. Everything went into slow motion: Tomo's GT-R slowly increasing in angle as the Viper smoothly overtakes him. "Vi...viper!? A DODGE VIPER!?" Tomo exclaimed in his mind.
Seconds later, the GT-R came to a full stop executing a close-to-death 360 spin. The SRT10 Disappeared.
Tomo panted out of restraint. "I...lost... even if it was an illegitimate match... I still lost... but that's not the problem I'm having... who's that in the viper and what does he want with me and my 34?" Tomo asked himself.
The RB26 engine died again from the conflict. Tomo slowly turns the car back on and cruised down the rest of the Devil's creek pass. No scratch in the car but the battle was too intense that it raided much out of Tomo and the tires of his 34. His hands tremble from the race. The Viper was too much for Tomo...

* because Shinosuke's FD3S engine is a custom duplicate/close-replicate of the GT300 RE Amemiya Engine, a 6-gear transmission is added to the car. This self-explains why Shino was said to shift to gear 6 at the same moment with Daiki's 350Z, which is already 6-geared.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:50 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 19 2008, 05:36 PM

The R34's chosen one

Just in case the ID Merchandise didn't feature this update...
Chapters 34 and 35 are now ready.
Hope y'all like it.

The Rotary driver takes one last battle and a new adversary ambushes our GT-R hero...

Read to see the outcomes. grin2.gif
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 25 2008, 04:03 AM

The R34's chosen one

Episode 10 - Destination Lockdown! Onto the North!!
Chapter 36 - A mysterious new machine!

Tomo, who broke into a sweat, got out of his car and stood at the scenery. He was totally in shock. "That car was something else! I never expected that around the mountains..." he said wiping his sweat off. "That Viper... resembles a lot like Lucas. But It couldn't have been him. I saw him being taken away by the Inspector and his escorts. Whoever it is must be a talented driver. His car also looks like it's not from any of those bozos of the underground league. I better keep my eyes peeled for that car again" Tomo said with confidence as he looks at the starry night. He boards his GT-R and heads on home - back to the Hotel where Kasumi and the others are.

Before Tomo could go to gear 1, he opens his cell phone and calls Kasumi.
At the hotel. Kasumi just woke up. She stretches out her arms and fixes her hair and her blouse. As she stood up, her phone rings. She looks at it and reads Tomo-daisuki. "I wonder what Tomo wants..." She answers the call.
"Hello? Tomo-kun. I-tai, nani? (What is it)?"
"You won't believe this, Kasumi..."
While Kasumi listens to Tomo's story, she went to the veranda for a better reception of the call. She later then broke into surprise.
"Yo-YOU WERE AMBUSHED!?"
"Not necessarily physically ambushed. I was ambushed on my way down Devil's creek pass."
"What car was it?"
"A Viper."
"Viper? Naniga Viper-ru desuka?"
"It's an American car. I was gonna ask you if Daiki's there."
"He is but he's asleep along with the others. You didn't get hurt did you?"
"Well... no. I barely faced the wall. Luckily the brakes of my 34 stopped in time. It was a close call."
"Well, that's good to hear. You coming back?"
"I am. Tell Daiki about this. I might get some useful information from him about that car."
"Okay. I will. Take care Tomo."
"Yeah. I will..."
She hangs up and stares at the moon.
"Viper..." she said.
"Are the cars here in America that threatening to Tomo-kun?"

Everything is quiet around the Canyon area after that; however, there's an ominous background around the Lookout Point pass. A couple of local drivers are toying around the course. One is driving a silver Renault Clio and another one is driving a red Dodge Charger SRT8. The 2 friends are practicing their drift moves around the pass. The Renault clears one corner with an e-brake feint motion drift while the Charger does a simple powerslide with brute power. Both cars, however are veering to the outside - obviously a couple of starters in the art of drifting.
"Woo-hoo! I can't believe my Clio is so smooth at this!!"
"Oh yeah? Top what my Charger and I did! no one can top that!"
"If this is the pure drifting league, we could've been the champs!"
"OR better yet, we tie up in first place!!"
"C'mon bro. It's getting late. Best we head back."
"You go on ahead. I'm gonna do one more trial." The Charger driver said as he haves goodbye to the Clio.
He heads back and does a few more runs.
As soon as he reaches the top, he does a 180 burnout and heads on down. A few seconds later, another car comes speeding down the same pass.
As soon as the guy clears 2 corners, a couple of headlights flashed at his rear view mirror.
"Hmm... another one? You wanna mess with the new king of drift? Watch as my moves make you eat my dust!!"
Inside the mysterious coupe is a young guy, with medium length hair and wearing a pair of glasses, commenting on the moves of the Charger.
"Too fast my friend."
The Charger driver brakes long, turns left, countersteers and shifts all the way from gear 4 down to gear 2 and does another powerslide on the inside. Shifting to gear 3 on the small straight, he looks at the back. "Told ya you can't touch me! Me and my peer practiced on the drifting circuits! You know like the Japanese D1GP!! You dig that -!? What in the!?"
As he was done chatting himself, the mysterious car is doing a perfect out-in-out drift technique. At the exit of the corner, the mysterious car closes in on the SRT8.
"This guy is remarkable! What he just did... was it magic? I need to pull away from him!!"
The SRT8 pulls away and brakes long again on the upcoming right corner.
From the point that the SRT8 braked, the mysterious car makes a big gap, planning to do some kind of special drift attack. While drifting, the Charger driver looks and sees a Yellow Ford Mustang with a GT Wing and carbon hood.
"A mustang? You gotta be kidding me!! That car's obsolete compared to my 400 hp Charger!!"
The Mustang quickly decreased the huge gap that they made and they're now side to side.
"What Kind of mustang is it then? Is it a GT, or a Shelby Mustang?"
At the next corner, the Charger driver plans something he somewhat learned from the drifting circuit! "Though this isn't the car I used at the drifting circuit! I'll at least give you a sampler of what I CAN REALLY DO!!"
He aims for the next corner's outside area.
"Not yet... not yet... a little more..."
As soon as he's in the bank of the corner, he shouts out...
"HERE WE GOOOOOO!!"
"Stupid." The mustang driver said.
"SPECIAL TECHNIQUE OF THE D1GP!!" The guy hollers as he steers, brakes and holds the e-brake at the same time! "CROWD WAVER!!" The charger is placed on a 90 degree position, with a countersteer, facing the inside wall of the apex. "ULTRA SUPER LATE RIGHT-ANGLE DRIFT MOVE!!"
"Idiot. You don't know the difference of a drift race to a duel do you?"
The Charger lost a huge amount of speed and is slowly coming into a stop. The Yellow mustang does an e-brake drift. "This is the proper way of using your e-brake!"
He brings the mustang to a 40 degree angle and countersteers through the turn hitting the apex perfectly!
The Charger driver was in shock. As much as he wanted to get back in the race, the engine stalled.
The Mustang positions itself to a feint at the exit of the corner and executes a beautiful inertial drift on the next corner.
user posted image
The Mustang driver's cell phone rings. He picks it up and answers it while holding the wheel with one hand and slowing down a bit.
"So how did you like it, sir?"
"It feels great. A bit beasty unlike my rotary but it'll do."
"That's great. At least that's what makes my customer happy. Let me know if you need anything for your car... Kitami Kitamaru."
Kitami hangs up and proceeds to finish the rest of the pass.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:47 AM
Meteor
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 04:39 AM

I apologise again for the late reply.

You know. There's one thing to like about this story, it keeps going in a straight line even after Chapter 30. Yep, you've got potential to be even better than you are now (It's gonna take a while though).

And your writing showed a little bit of realism when Lucas described how he felt around all the inmates in that prison. That's a sign of improvement.
The slight peek at Tomo's backstory was good too, certainly a hell lot better than just leaving it as "I have parents but I don't know where they are". It's also a relatively unique one that you gave him.

You still haven't explained how Lucas avoided capture for this long though. I mean, he drove a 'vette that wouldn't be hard to spot, he probably kept the license plate on, and he lived in a freaking mansion. Even though he's good at escaping pursuits, they'd have eventually set up roadblocks (which he wouldn't be able to smash through without killing himself or seriously damaging his engine in the process). And I'm quite sure the 'vette was obtained through legal means. They could've just tracked it to his mansion.
And then there's the question of how he bought food, paid his water bill, electric bill, filled up his car, etc. when he's such a well known person to the police.

And now we've got a Viper in the mix. So, what does he want?
Anyway, keep on writing.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Oct 25 2008, 08:17 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Oct 27 2008, 05:24 AM

The R34's chosen one

QUOTE (Meteor @ Oct 25 2008, 04:39 AM)
You still haven't explained how Lucas avoided capture for this long though. I mean, he drove a 'vette that wouldn't be hard to spot, he probably kept the license plate on, and he lived in a freaking mansion. Even though he's good at escaping pursuits, they'd have eventually set up roadblocks (which he wouldn't be able to smash through without killing himself or seriously damaging his engine in the process). And I'm quite sure the 'vette was obtained through legal means. They could've just tracked it to his mansion.
And then there's the question of how he bought food, paid his water bill, electric bill, filled up his car, etc. when he's such a well known person to the police.

About that...
Thanks for the compliments, BTW.
Let's look at things in a NFSMW way. Looking at the drawings of the Vette at chapter 3 and the battle (chapter 29 or 30, I think) No plate was present. Must be because he removes it during races, which we could say as weird or 'for what?', but let's leave it at that. Either that or he swapped his legal plate with the Showroom Plate of the car saying "Corvette", or "Z06", or "Chevrolet" as if the car's still newly bought to avoid being recognized.
And possibilities about the Vette and Lucas, the owner, could go as this...

a)
Even though he's good at escaping pursuits, they'd have eventually set up roadblocks
Being the self-proclaimed hero of the illegal street racing area, and being loved by most of those "outcasts", he has an idea of all possible shortcuts where not even the police could touch him; And probably pulled off some quick moves in the process... This may sound like a stupid resource/simulation but try using The Same 'Vette in NFSMW and try some hard-to-do-maneuvers around roadblocks. All this went to my mind, visualized as a Most Wanted scene at the back of my eyes. laugh2.gif

cool.gif
and I'm quite sure the 'vette was obtained through legal means. They could've just tracked it to his mansion.
The Corvette? Yes. It's legal. The modifications... that's ILLegal. Chop shops/Unregistered auto shops, connections that Lucas Scott might have, made things easy for him to lose track of police registration. The cops could've remembered how it looked at first; let's say only with the stripes. No new rims nor wing... they know that's Lucas Scott's car. Now with the wing and etc... the cops are dumbfounded at that point and have no Idea who's driving it. That's where Lucas got away.

c)
the question of how he bought food, paid his water bill, electric bill, filled up his car, etc.
Being such a well known person in the streets, he knows his cred and exposure is high. He could've hired someone else to pay the stuff for him, addressing everything to that guy or Lucas' Brother whom we never heard of after the "Who-is-Lucas-Scott?-I-need-to-research-on-him" chapter. I'm actually thinking of this just now. Sorry, on my part. laugh2.gif

Currently...

And now we've got a Viper in the mix. So, what does he want?

That we have to wait and see. Still in the midst of processing while handling my other necessities and working on Speed Legend Kyushi's next chapter during my breaks. We'll all see what this Viper wants with our GT-R hero... grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Oct 30 2008, 02:50 AM
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Nov 3 2008, 05:34 AM

The R34's chosen one

Chapter 37 - Heartbreaker

Tomo reached the hotel as soon as he came from the Canyons. He parked his car and went

back to his room to talk to Daiki.
He knocked on the door; Kasumi let him in.
"Tomo, did you say that you were ambushed by a Dodge Viper?" Daiki asked who was sitting on the couch with his laptop on his lap.
"That's right. But it was something like I never seen him before." Tomo answered.
"What model was it?"
"It was something new. I don't know the year."
"Probably the SRT10; the only latest generation of the Viper. You're dealing with an extremely powerful car here. As powerful as the Corvette that you faced a night ago."
"The worst possibility of all is if that Viper that Tomo raced against is carrying a VENOM engine." Tetsuya said as he came out of the Kitchen carrying a cup of hot chocolate.
"Venom? What's that? (sounds scary)" Kasumi asked.
"VENOM is more or less an integrated and more powerful version of the Viper's Engine bay, making use of a V12 instead of a standard V10. It carries a demonic 800 brake horsepower status level."Tetsuya answered.
"What I don't understand is it's presence in the canyons. Normally, an engine with that much power has the hundred percent tendency to go off course... as in spin or worse..." Daiki commented.
Tomo just nodded and looked on the floor, showing sure grief over his adversary. It is something he never faced before. Hearing about the VENOM version of the Viper sent chills down his spine. Eight Hundred... that's a big number.
"I checked the US car registration database, ever since Kasumi told me about what you told her. There were a few registered Vipers here and their corresponding registered modifications. Tell me, what does that Viper look like compared to this?" Daiki asked Tomo as he shows a stock picture of the Dodge Viper SRT10.
"The color is red but...That pic is not like the one I faced. That one's ride height is too high. The one I encountered had a lower center of gravity. The Front bumper's end is a centimeter away from kissing the pavement and send sparks. Even the back looks different... it is like it had a..."Tomo's words were cut short as Tetsuya finishes it for him.
"...a Widebody kit."
Daiki double checks the results but to no avail. The database shows NO RESULTS FOUND.
That's odd. Tomo either faced against a foreigner or a ghost of a Dodge Viper that crashed down the Canyon.
"He must be a foreigner then" he uttered.
"Could be. He must be from..." Daiki's words were cut short at Hiei exclaims "CANADA!!"
"huh!?" Everyone was stumped at what Hiei said.
"Well, I was gonna say European but he may have a point there."
"In what way?" Kasumi asked.
"Canada and the United States may both be on the boundaries of North America but their borderlines claim otherwise. Both are independent and have their own govermental systems. This may Include the registration services of the countries." Tetsuya explained in detail.
"What a coincidence then... We were gonna have our next round at canada - the famous Vancouver street course. Unfortunately, our team doesn't have a stock car nor a stock car driver so I'll fill in for this one. I'll try to negotiate with the other previous stock car teams on this. Best we make a move on to ample some time. Pack your bags people! We're heading for..." Daiki's words were AGAIN cut short.
"CANADA!!" Hiei finishes his statement.
"Will you stop that!!" Daiki panicked!
"Sorry." Hiei said as he moved his head down.

The group took a convoy all the way from New York to Vancouver. It took them 2 days to travel at moderate speed. In the end, they made it to their hotel... COMPLETELY WASTED... all except Daiki, Hiroya, and Shimizu. As soon as Tomo brought the car to a stop, he passed out. So did Sakura and Kitami in their respective cars. Hiei & Ryusen slept at Hiroya's Evo - it was the only one that could carry more than 2 passengers among the team.
The 3 came back from the lobby confirming their reservation to the group.
"Tomo, wake up." Daiki said as he nudges Tomo's shoulder.
"What I was having a nice dream of me and Ka-..."
"I didn't wake you up to tell me about your romantic fantasies. This round is pretty simple and I don't need the whole team to be involved. This is something that we from Midnight Masters are fond of doing. You, Kasumi, Sakura, Kitami, Hiei and Ryusen could take a breather from the tournament; but I'll need Tetsuya for this one. Here are some tickets to the skating rink. Hope you like skating. Register first on the lobby before you guys could do any sight seeing around Vancouver. Ciao."
"W...wait, Daiki!" Tomo said.
Daiki just gave a peace sign as he leaves with Hiroya and Shimizu. The Z, R390, and Lan Evo 6 took off to spectate the area. Hiei and Ryusen were dropped off next to the red R34 and Yellow Mustang. Obviously, Hiroya isn't dumb enough to let those two tag along with them.

[2 hours later]
Tomo came out of the hotel wearing a green shirt, topped with a black jacket with white stripes, Denim pants and black leather shoes.
"C'mon you guys. Let's go."
Kitami came out in his casual snow clothing: a long sleeve sweater topped with a coat, cotton pants and boots. Hiei and Ryusen wore the same long sleeve shirts and 6-pocket pants, but the shirts are of contrasting colors.
Sakura came out in her pink, long sleeve cotton blouse and mid-knee skirt with thick stockings all the way to her knees. Her blouse is topped with her favorite, Hello-Kitty style, pink jacket. Kasumi, who came out last is dressed in a way that makes jaws drop among the locals. She's wearing a sleeveless blouse, above the knee "mini"skirt and long stockings as long as Sakura's; she also has a pink scarf/muffler around her neck.

Tomo took a quick glance at Kasumi and he can't help but blush. Kasumi blushed at Tomo in return. As she passes Tomo, she asked "umm... Is what I'm wearing too awkward...?"
"Well...I...uh...no...you look breathtaking."
Hearing that, she blushed a bit deeper than before and said "thanks."
They boarded their cars and went to the Skating rink that Daiki is recommending.

[Skating Rink - 2:00 p.m.]

Hiei just came out of the food court carrying a tray of hot drinks. All are hot chocolate with marshmallows. He brought it to the rest of the guys who are on the stand-up table.
Kitami is staring at Kasumi as she practices her balance. "You're one lucky dude Tomo. You got the hottest girl that you could ever find and claim her as your own."
"Oh, shut up Kitami. I don't "own" her..." Tomo said making quote icons with his fingers. "Yeah, sure she's pretty and has a nice figure... but it's her decision. I didn't force her to... but you're right... she does look astonishing today." Tomo said as he too stared at Kasumi as she skates.
Sakura is having no trouble at all keeping her balance.
"Drinks?" Hiei asked.
"Here, darling!" Ryusen said.
"Okaaaay... so one for you, for you, and for PUH!!" Hiei said as he gave one to Kitami, one to Tomo and one to Ryusen, with a bonus uppercut to his jaw.
"When would Ryu ever grow up...?" Kitami said as he sips his cup of hot cocoa.
"Beats me." Tomo answered in doubt as he sips his cup also.
Moments later, Tomo took his skates and goes to the rink. "I'd better help Kasumi before she hurts herself."
"You sure you can do it, dude? I mean, you did tell me you haven't skated before."
"Don't worry Kitami I know what I'm..." BANG! Tomo slipped and hits his face onto the ice. "...do...i..ng..."
"Keep your balance man. Balance is the Key." Kitami commented.
"I know!" Tomo said as he tries to get up. Later on, Sakura comes close and picks Tomo up. "Here Tomo. Let me teach you." He held her hand as he tries to keep his feet balanced. "Remember when we were young, Tomo-chan that you love 'skating' around the slippery floor with your socks right?"
"Yeah?"
"This is your chance to Improve. Go on, as soon as I let go; do what you normally do... okay?" Sakura said with a smile as she's ready to let go...
"Uh... O..." Sakura lets go of Tomo's arm and he starts to panic.
"...KKKKKKAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!?????" He tries to stop. For some unknown reason, he did stop. How? What Sakura told her brought back Tomo's childish instinct. "I can do it!! w00t2.gif" Tomo said in excitement. "Now to help Kasumi-chan" He skates to Kasumi who's losing even more control.
Kasumi is skating backwards in an awkward position - her butt is sliding in the rink. Somebody stopped her. She looks at the guy who caught her.
"You alright mademoiselle?"
"Um... yeah..." The man helped her up.
"Thanks a lot for saving me mister. How can I ever repay you?"
At the food court; Kitami senses a Casanova nearby hitting on one of the girls that he knew.
"Well..." the man said. "Hold on you got a little bit of ice on your cheek."
"Where?"
"Let me get that for you."
As soon as Tomo is close enough to ask Kasumi how is she, an ominous sight beholds Tomo's eyes; not only his... but the rest of the team is watching...
The man KISSED Kasumi in the lips. She was shocked.
Hiei & Ryusen dropped their drinks. Kitami just uttered "...damn..."
Sakura gasped in an OMG state of mind with her hands on her mouth.
user posted image
Tomo was also shocked at what he saw. All his weight went to his legs and caused a crack at the ice. He's flaming in anger and stomps all the way to the 2. Every stomp that Tomo makes leaves a crack in the ice.
He pokes at the man's back to get his attention.
"Hey mister." Tomo said in anger.
"Yes?"
As soon as the man tilts his head, an oncoming fist is close by. Surprisingly, he caught Tomo's fist. "Whoa there, Monsieur. Don't cause violence in a public area such as this." He said with a smile, suppressing Tomo's punch without shaking.
"Tomo..." Kasumi said in a low undertone.
"She's your girlfriend? I'm sorry. It's ac customary to my family background, you see." the man assured Tomo.
"Yeah, like I'll believe that." Tomo said, still in anger.
"Pardon me, mademoiselle & monsieur, let me introduce myself. My name is Nathan Archibal Jr."
"Well, your father must be a huge cassanova to teach you that..." Tomo commented in a pissed-off tone.
"Tomo, please! Calm down." Kasumi begged.
Hearing that from her; Tomo takes a deep breath and Inhales. exhales.
"Feeling better?"
"Yeah. Sorry if I tried to hit you sir Nathan."
"Please. call me just Nathan."
"Okay, Nathan."
Sakura skates her way towards the 3.
" To show you my sincere apology, Mister..."
"It's Tomo. Just call me Tomo."
"To show you my sincere apology, Tomo... let me invite you and your group of friends for tea and biscuits at my place. Please. Follow me." Nathan said in a gentleman like manner.
Kasumi watched as the group leaves; touches her lips and quickly wipes the 'kiss' off with her handkerchief as to not remember the event again. She later on follows but...
"Uh... guys? Tomo? Sakura?" She's still stuck in the ice and can't move. Sakura comes over and reels Kasumi into motion.

[Skating Rink, Parking area - 2:30 p.m.]

"Just follow my vehicle, and we'll be there shortly." Nathan said.
"Okay... so what's your car?" Kitami can't help but ask.
"This one." He points to the red sports car just a few cars away.
Looking at what Nathan is pointing, Tomo can't help but freeze in fear.
"That... that's...." Tomo was in shock to see the car that he & his group is about to follow.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:57 AM
Meteor
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 08:10 AM

BOOOO! Where's the epic fail? No one did anything that was embarassing enough to be epic fail.

Ohh Canadaaaaaaaaa. .

Hmm. . An 800 bhp Viper that doesn't spin. . Amazing tires? Godlike control? Lack of a differential? I'll wait and find out.

As for the last two chapters of your other fic. Sorry, but I am unable to come up with a review for those sad.gif
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Nov 8 2008, 05:44 PM

The R34's chosen one

Where Tomo saw his beloved Kasumi kissed by some other dude IS THE EPIC FAIL...
Everyone witnessed it and that tore Tomo apart big Time... still planning how this will affect his driving though... In Epilogue 2 (the last of my comics which I'll be posting a part of it if I have the time), Tomo said some words that broke Kasumi's heart and in return she said more breaking words that brought Tomo to complete EMO mode. That's an Epic fail on that part...

anyway... enough with that. On with the next chapter.

Chapter 38 - The Element of Surprise

Tomo was in a state of shock when he saw the car that Nathan jr. would be driving.
It's the Dodge Viper that ambushed him back at the US. What's it doing here all the way from there?
"Anything wrong, Tomo?"
"Yo...you're the one who caused me the near-crash back at Devil's Creek pass!!" Tomo hollered.
"So... that's the Viper that you've been talking about, dude?" Kitami verified.
"About that... I never knew it was you. It's just that I saw that blue Nissan by accident and as I got close, seeing that it's a GTR34, he started to pull away and I can't help but accept that challenge."
"Challenge? Isn't it you who challenged me?"
"I told you, I never knew it was you."
"Well thanks to you I was about to face my first time in the hospital."
"At least you'll get special treatment there."
"Why you little-!"
"You two, stop!!" Kasumi screamed. "Would you two just give it up already!! It was just by chance that the two of you faced each other in that canyon pass. Don't tell me, Tomo, that what you saw awhile ago is still in your mind is it?"
Tomo gave a fierce, angry look at Kasumi that sent chills down her spine as their eyes connect. "Why, Tomo?" Kasumi said in her mind.
"She's right. Forget that incident. Let's just go to my place and soften things up there. I might have a couple of things that could move your mindset." Nathan said as he boards his Viper.
Tomo still has a pissed look on his face. Not even Kasumi's heart warming words could calm him down at this state. "Hiei, you ride with me." he said.
"What about-?"
"Don't worry." Sakura answered. "She could ride with me. Right, Kasumi-chan?"
Kasumi just nodded as she boards the red GT-R.
"Well, looks like I don't got a choice. Ryusen, hop on."
"Cool! I get to ride in your mustang. Can I touch the-"
"No!! I'll think about it."
"Fine!" Ryusen said while showing off a pouting face.

[Highway - 2:45 p.m.]

The Viper smoothly leads the group with Tomo's GT-R behind it; followed by the Mustang and the other GT-R.
As Tomo follows the Viper, visions of that last canyon match still clogs his mind. Seeing his car spin over and over again - that's all that he could think of. Kasumi, meanwhile, isn't bothered about Tomo's look at her despite the chilly feeling. She knows deep in her heart that whatever obstacle stands between him and her, she'll always love him no matter what.
Later on, the viper signals his hazard lights in the middle of the highway, but he's not pulling over to the side.
"Could this be a challenge?" Tomo thought. "It's time for a rematch!!" He said planning to push the accelerator further down. Before he could do so, Kitami went side to side with Tomo's GT-R. "Best not to take him on, man. At that state of mind, you WILL crash." Kitami said.
"What are you trying to say?" he asked.
"I'll race him. I want to see if my Mustang is good enough, better than my previous RX-8 or even my brother's FD." With that said, Kitami pressed harder on the gas to accept the challenge. Nathan looked at his side mirror, seeing the Mustang coming up fast. He later removes the hazard lights and overtakes the mustang. Kitami followed in a higher pace, leaving the two GT-Rs behind.
It was down to the Viper and the Mustang. Two Muscle cars battle it out Wangan Style.
The map is as follows: an 800 meter straight followed by a medium right hander, another straight with a length of 2 kilometers, an S-curve section, a long straight and a left to the exit of the highway. From where they are until the exit, it's a 6 kilometer race.
At the first part, the straightway, Kitami knows that he couldn't stay with the Viper for long on the side, so he slipstreams behind him to gain some level ground. "Starting off with a draft, eh? Not a bad one. Tell ya what, eh. I'll let you stay close to me. Let's see how you'll fare in the corners." Nathan uttered with a smile.
"Tomo was an idiot to face off with the Viper back then. I won't make the same mistake in my Mustang. My GT has 600 flat horses thanks to the Shelby engine swap and a supercharger upgrade. It's enough to stay with this Viper!" Kitami uttered in excitement.
"Uh... I think I'll just be quiet and hold tight to my seat." Ryusen said in fear.
The first right is up and both cars are reaching 274 kilometers an hour. As Nathan braked, Kitami got out of the slipstream and timed his braking to go side by side with the Viper. Both shifted down to gear 4 then gear 3 with the needles going crazy at the red zones. There was something up with the viper though - as they drifted into the corner, the Viper is breaking the tie by a notch as he enters the turn. By the apex, he's now infront of the Mustang at 45 degrees. A perfect parallel drift was accomplished. As they hit gear 4 again, both cars backfired from their exhausts. Not a scratch at all on the new GT. "Not bad. He's a rad driver." Kitami itterated. While on the 2 kilometer straight, he stayed behind the Viper again. Looking at Ryusen, he already passed out. Why? That's the first Time Ryusen got into a parallel drift seeing the distance between the Viper and the Mustang nearly 2 centimeters away from each other's doors.
"Ugh, what a drag. I knew I could've brought Hiei Instead of him but he might go DORRRIYYYAAAA then pass out too. Oh well..." he said as he followed the Viper. 2 Kilometers later, they're now facing the S curves. Although Kitami was in a slipstream for long, a gap was still made as the Viper pulled away. Thanks to the slip streaming though, the rate of the increasing gap was relatively slow and a 1 car gap was made before the entrance of the S curve. "Alright. Let me try it one more time!!" Kitami said, getting ready to copy the same attack once more."
"Don't tell me you're gonna copy the same move you did a while ago, eh?" Nathan wondered.
As they entered, Kitami is ready. "Alright! Parallel drift, Take 2!!" He shouted. He got on the same side again but... The rate of the Viper breaking the tie is now double than a while ago. He cleared the S-curve in an unbelievable speed! Kitami was shocked. As he drifted through the S curves as well, he was amazed as soon as he got to the exit. The Viper was gone. "What was that!? It was astonishing!!" He said. As soon as he got to the exit, minutes later, he saw the viper with it's hazard lights on, parked on the side. Kitami came to a stop as he parked behind it. The 2 waited for the GT-Rs.

[Archibal Mansion - 3:00 p.m.]

Kitami, Tomo, and Sakura parked their cars at the driveway of the Archibal's front door. Nathan called for his dad. His dad came out, with a cup of hot chocolate.
"What is it son? I was busy watching my soap opera, erm... I mean watching Discovery Channel."
user posted image
"Sorry dad. I'd like to introduce to you some friends I met at the Skating rink at Vancouver. Tomo, the Spikey haired one; Kitami, the girly faced one..."
"Hey!!" Kitami and Tomo squealed at Nathan Jr.
"Hiei the thin one and Ryusen the thick eye-brow one..."
"What does thin supposed to mean?" Hiei squealed, too.
"Well, my eye brows DO look thick." Ryusen uttered.
"Sakura and the lovely beautiful angel, Kasumi." Nathan finished.
"What? No description for me?" Sakura said as she pouted and faced her back at Nathan jr.
Kasumi was just silent, glancing at Tomo and looking at the floor.
"Well, she does took beautiful." Nathan's dad said.
"And this is my dad... Nathan Archibal Sr." Nathan jr. Finished.
"Hello to you all. Come inside. let's have some tea shall we?" Nathan Sr. said as he escorted the guests into the dining hall.

----------------------------

Note: I'm just being sure here... is it alright if I could at least recieve a comment before the next chapter? Just to be 100% sure that there are some reading the updates here. I saw at fettman53's thread (TXR STORY) who did this and want to see if this could help out too, for my story's part. Recieving any form of comment would do nicely; then I'll happily post the next chapters once they're done. This goes double for the Kyushi story too. Thanks a lot to all who viewed this and don't worry. This story is still long. Pics also imply. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Nov 21 2008, 06:59 AM
Meteor
Posted: Nov 10 2008, 06:18 AM

Honestly, I think Tomo needs to calm down.

And I'm starting to be surer of the theory that Nathan's actually removed his diff-axle for a live-rear axle. His Viper's power-loaded, and he slides it through every corner at high-speed without even messing up slightly on the exit. Must be murder on his rear tires.
fettman53
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 10:21 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,717

Yep, I can do that too (the comment thing). I'll start reading it as soon as I can.
Gunma's 34
  Posted: Nov 12 2008, 04:23 PM

The R34's chosen one

Chapter 39 - Silence in the Moonlight

Nathan Sr.escorts his guests to the garden patio half a kilometer away from the back of the house. 500 meters worth of green fields stay in between the home and the tea garden.
The place was huge. I'm talking about the garden. This includes the bushes, the fountains, even...
"Whoa... it's like you could own your own golf course with this." Ryusen uttered.
"We actually do... a mini-golf course to be specific..." Nathan sr. chuckles saying that.
After the long walk, they reached the wonderfully crafted garden where a variety of biscuits were laid and a set for 8 of house blend milk tea was ready.
Later on, while they're all sipping their tea and rampaging on the biscuits... well, Hiei and Ryusen to be exact, Nathan Sr. Notices something about Tomo.
"What happend to your arm, sir? I just wanna know, eh." he asked.
"Oh, these? They're just common bruises I got from work."
"What is your work?"
"I'm a freelance chef."
"Freelance chef? mind if you explain."
"It goes like this, sir..." Tomo said in a courteous manner. "Being part of an international racing league and being a certified chef as well, my group manager negotioated with an F&B outlet that I like to apply for to be recognized as either an intern of the brigade. It's working well and they often treat me as an equal."
"Well, that's good to hear. Hey, since you're a chef, mind if you join me? I got something to show you in my cellar below. Please excuse us." he courteously said to the remaining people in the area.
Tomo followed.
"Um, Ryusen-san..." Kasumi said while patting his shoulder.
"Yeah?"
"Could you...you know, look after Tomo for me?"
"What for? He'll be alright, right..."
"Well... it's just that..."
"Something to do with that cellar? Okay, me and Hiei will cover for him. Let's go darling." he said as he pulls Hiei by the collar.
"H...Hey! I'm not done with my shortbread... SHORTBREADDDD!!!" Hiei screamed while freeing himself from Ryusen's very gripped fist.
As the others go on about their 'tea and biscuits' session, Kitami opens up the discussion:
"Hey, 'than... mind if I call you that?"
"Best go with Nathe, eh?"
"Okay,Nathe... I was wondering... how did you clear that S-curve at the highway back there? It was amazing... It must be murder to your rear tires."
"I'm glad that you brought that up. It's like this, you see. I modified the differential and disabled the one on the rear. I let it freely spin as it pleases. My tires, though would be another story. Do you know the tire compound used in them drag races, eh?" Nathan freely asked.
"Aren't they the big, so called 'wheelie' kinds at the back?" Sakura answered.
"Those. In my case, my rear tires are based from that but with a few extra alterations. It's that very hard compound, based on the drag wheelies but looks like an ordinary set of rear tires. It's something done only here in our area and fir only for my SRT10. The secrets of the production? I won't tell. You're no exemption to the rule." Nathan jr. confidently said. "Now, my dear..." he then turned to Kasumi.
"Please excuse the harsh actions I've done infront of your boyfriend. I hope it didn't offend him much in any way..."
"Well...I..."Kasumi can't speak being considered as Tomo's girlfriend or her having Tomo for her boyfriend. To her, the term is inappropriate and it goes against what they believe in and against their conduct. She knows this very well.
"Don't worry. They're not." Sakura answered in behalf of Kasumi.
"Thanks" the latter whispered.
"I know. Remember, I know what you're thinking. I'm just the same as Tomo-kun." Sakura told Kasumi.

[WINE CELLAR]

At the bottom of the mansion, there's a wine cellar. Barrels containing different wines are stored here where they maturely age more. Local and Imported Wines that Nathan Sr. has in store are located here.
"Try this Crown Royal whisky, my friend. It's made from the best barley wheat of the countryside of Canada." Nathan gives Tomo a shotglass full. A bit up to the rim, though.
He drinks it all in one shot and gives a nod saying that it's good; however, his face shows otherwise. 20 percent of his face turned red all of a sudden.
Nathan sr. Walks a bit to the other side, opening a cabinet of red wine bottles imported from France.
"Ah, here we are. Try our Rouge Champagne. Grapes harvested from the Rhone Valley of France. They're from the Merlot grape Variety if I remember. Here you go." He said as he gives Tomo more than 1/3 of a goblet full.
"Don't be shy now. Drink it up." He does so but drinks it as if it's water. In truth, Tomo doesn't drink at all, whether it is wine or alcohol. This is his first time as he knows more by word than by mouth.
Later, he becomes quite Tipsy and starts mocking Nathan jr. He sees a vision of Nathan jr. and Kasumi Kissing in the skating rink once more.
"you...b...bet...betta...raise...you....r...son....more....man...I mig...ht... do...something....threatening...t..u...your....son...if...you're...not...careful...and...hits on..." Before Tomo could even talk any further, Ryusen knocked him out with a Karate chop at the back.
"I'm terribly, sorry." Ryusen said in Tomo's behalf.
"First time trying, eh? It's natural for youngsters like him to act this way after drinking 2 of a different kind..." He chuckled as all of em got out of the cellar.

[GUESTS' ROOM 7:00 P.M.]

Tomo wakes up in an unfamiliar room. The Guests' Room. He looks around and sees only Sakura, who is lying next to him, Hiei, and Ryusen in the room. The latter 2 are busy looking around the room.
"You okay, Tomo kun?" Sakura asked as she helped her up.
"I'm fine. Ugh, my head."
"I figured you couldn't take it. Knowing you bro... stay away from the wines for the moment. It could get worse." Hiei said.
"Wait. Where's Kitami?"
"He's in the other room with Nathan Sr." Ryusen said, pointing to the door.
"and Kasumi?"
"Well...uh..." Sakura doesn't want to say where as she knows that Tomo will freak out once he knew.

[NATHAN SR.'s LIBRARY ROOM]

Kitami looks around with the books ranging from History books, to old novels, and old compilations of the 24 hour le mans.
"You into racing, sir?" Kitami asked.
"My, that's a sudden question to stir up a Topic, eh? Yes I was. Back in the old days but not in the Le Mans. It was my childhood dream that never came true. I became a real estate broker and look at me now. But it doesn't mean that I abandoned the LeMans part off my mind. I still have it in me."
"What car of the Le Mans were you into?"
"Definetly not the prototypes, my boy, although they're the best in the groups. I'm into more on the very first Midship that Ford has made." he said.
"About Ford... I have another question, sir."
"Please. Have a seat first, my boy." Nathan said as he extends his arm to the chair infront of him.
Kitami takes his seat and then follows along.
"What is the Ford Mustang capable of?"
"So, you're the driver of the yellow Mustang outside, eh?"
"Correct, sir."
"You drive one and you've no idea what's it capable of?"
"Well, I know... numerically but in a more personalized comment such as from yourself sir. What do you know about it's capabilities; because I'm new to this car. I was into rotaries my entire driving life, you see."
Kitami said.
"As Nathan Sr. puffs his cigar before he could talk, "The Mustang to me, son... is a wingless horse."
"A wingless horse?"
"You know the Greek Mythological creature right? The white horse with the wings?"
"Pegasus?"
"You know what I'm talking about do you? Then I shouldn't tell you since you know."
"No, sir. It's true. I have no Idea."
"Alright. Since you honestly told me. To me, the Mustang is a fraud personification of Pegasus. They tried to raise a horse onto a higher level but eventually failed. Shelby even tried to, in my context, clip on the wings by the means of the GT350 & GT500 Mustangs but they too ended in failure. It still cannot be considered as the rank of a Pegasus type, despite the better performance and credibility. Well, I did my own experiment and I now own the real Pegasus of the Ford Family. It's in the hobby room. Wanna see, eh?" Nathan Sr. escorts Kitami to the hobby room.
"The Pegasus of Ford? What is he talking about?"

[MAIN DRIVEWAY]
Tomo ran outside to see if Nathan Jr. took Kasumi somewhere else such as what Sakura said.
"Where is that guy? Just because I'm not around her doesn't mean he could do something with her without me knowing..." He said in a pissed tone as he checks out the garage.
"Wait up." Sakura shouted.
Both saw the garage door up but... the Viper is still inside.
"If his car is here... then where could they have gone to?" Tomo wondered.
"Look." Sakura said pointing on an empty car space.
It has a Pontiac logo painted on the space.
"I better see where they went. I wanna know what that guy wants with Kasumi." Tomo is still pissed at the current sceario. He jumped on his GT-R and drove off like a madman out of the Archibal mansion.
Sakura evidently followed.

[TUNNEL FREEWAY, Vancouver outskirts of "Bayview" area]
A red GTO cruises along the traffic endowed area. 2 people, in the car discuss their unknown agenda.
"Where are you talking me?" It was a girl; and by the looks of what she said, she's the passenger.
"I can't get enough of you out of my mind now, even with him around. I need to give you something but I want it somewhere disceet and secure. Just the two of us." the guy said as he drives along the road.
The girl's heart pounds faster and faster hearing that from him.
"What does he want with me?" she wondered to herself. "What does he really want?"
She just stared at the night sky waiting for something extraordinary to soon happen. Or perhaps just waiting for this event to quickly pass.

[HOBBY ROOM - ARCHIBAL MANSION]
Nathan Sr. shows off the car that's hidden under the blankets.
"allow me to introduce to you, Mr. Kitamaru... Pegasus with it's wings..." He said as he removes the blanket.
As Kitami sees the car in full, his throat dropped. He was surprised.
"This is... this is..." he uttered in shire excitement and doubt.

11 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »