Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing sad

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,495  ·  Replies: 49 
> IDA7AAX - gameplay?, just some general question about IDA7AAX
Kazumie_leaf
  Posted: Aug 27 2014, 09:32 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,210

hey guys so i was on the foums and didnt notcie a ida7aax thread. i just started playing it and wow what a difference. in my town we only had idav3 so its deffenitally a shocker. so i made a card and am having a blast but sadly it is all in japanesse so figuring out the menus was a bit difficult. if any one has screen shots of the menus and could give an english translation so when i go to play agian i know exactly what i am doing that would be great. also game play wise im notcing my main car MR-S (ZZW30) is lacking a little when it is comming to connering I'm only in spec 2 for upgrades but it seems like im downshifting and upshifting a lot. compared to v3 is this normal? or has the technique for ida7aax changed that much? maybe this one is for admins. could we get a ida7aax thread that would be cool to. for those in western canada CHQ in metro mall downtown vancouver is where ida7aax and idav4 can be found ! thanks everyone

also im posting a picture of my card as by looking at it you can see im not that far yet as i had to leave:( right now i just beat joshomia (god hand) that was a really fun race

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 2048. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Kazumie_leaf on Aug 27 2014, 09:35 AM
DK_Brawler
Posted: Aug 27 2014, 05:13 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

Your car feels really weak in 7AAX until Spec 4 is complete where at Spec 5 the gameplay is dramatically changed. There is a pinned thread called ID7AAX? ,and CHQ took out Version 7AAX, probably looking for a good deal on 8/Infinity (also CHQ is NOT in downtown Vancouver).

This post has been edited by iDucKy on Aug 27 2014, 05:13 PM
SonicSP
Posted: Aug 30 2014, 01:05 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,182

It isn't completely all the menus but should be good enough.

After inserting coins and card, you'll see this start menu here and have a few options:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

If you choose settings:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

May have mixed up Rival Voice and Map here, I always forget that one. "Steering" refers to steering sensitivity. Force Quit refers to the ability to quit any single player mode like Story and Time Attack. This is done by pressing Start and View Change at the same time in a race. By default this is turned off.

Regardless of whether you chose Garage, Records or Settings, you'll be directed to the main menu afterwards.

Main Menu/Game Menu:
user posted image

Tag and In-Store are relatively straightforward plus I do not have pictures of them. If you choose single player, you'll be directed to.....

Main Single Player Menu (Story, Time Attack, Online Battle, Event):
user posted image

Since your country doesn't have online features available in this game, Online Battle and Events would be greeted out.

=======

Post Race Menu (for most modes):
user posted image

Post Race Menu (Time Attack)
user posted image

Goes without saying that you'll need to insert more money to continue playing after a race is done. This is also the case if you want to go back to Main Menu. Also I apparently wrote Game Menu and Main Menu to refer to the same thing (screen where you get to choose the game modes). I'm kinda lazy to change it now but it would be referring to the same thing in this case.

Also I didn't translate anything, just wrote what each menu does.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Aug 30 2014, 01:20 AM
N643
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 01:46 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 28,448

QUOTE (iDucKy @ Aug 27 2014, 05:13 PM)
Your car feels really weak in 7AAX until Spec 4 is complete where at Spec 5 the gameplay is dramatically changed. There is a pinned thread called ID7AAX? ,and CHQ took out Version 7AAX, probably looking for a good deal on 8/Infinity (also CHQ is NOT in downtown Vancouver).

i dont think they will be getting 8 as it needs to be online, but i might be wrong on that

also CHQ is in metrotown which is in burnaby

This post has been edited by N643 on Sep 4 2014, 01:47 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 4 2014, 02:07 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (N643 @ 21 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
i dont think they will be getting 8 as it needs to be online, but i might be wrong on that

also CHQ is in metrotown which is in burnaby

Some US arcades have it (and we have users on this forum that frequent these arcades), and they don't have online.

Online is required for card transfer though, so for the arcades that don't have online they cannot transfer card data from D7.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 4 2014, 02:09 AM
ARMA
Posted: Jan 5 2015, 08:55 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 45,059

Is there a trick to beating bunta in the "legend chapter" on nagao downhill?

I should probably just work on getting my time below 325, but I feel like the only section that matters is the last, 4

Thanks for any advice!

This post has been edited by ARMA on Jan 6 2015, 09:56 AM
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 6 2015, 01:13 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Probably no trick, you just need to be faster than a certain point.

I think all you need to do is just use downshifting to tackle the corners and not bother that much with brakes. Not the fastest way to play but it should be good enough.

Section 4 shouldn't be too hard. It's mostly just one straight away. Downshifting in the corners here should be an easy and good enough method perhaps?
ARMA
Posted: Jan 6 2015, 09:14 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Today, 1:13 AM)
Probably no trick, you just need to be faster than a certain point.

I think all you need to do is just use downshifting to tackle the corners and not bother that much with brakes. Not the fastest way to play but it should be good enough.

Section 4 shouldn't be too hard. It's mostly just one straight away. Downshifting in the corners here should be an easy and good enough method perhaps?

It didnt seem like a trick to beat him, but he definitely acts different if you let him get the lead around the end of section 3 or 4. If youre behind him he goes into super beast mode and smokes you. I beat him by alot when I only ran a 3'20 (don't make fun of me I just started playing the game 2 weeks ago) and before when I was running a 3'25 and letting him get ahead of me in the 3rd and 4th section, he beat me by way more than 5 seconds.

Do you know which map bunta races you for the 2nd race in the legendary chapter? I'm almost at a full tank and want to know what course I need to practice.

Is there a 3rd race and so on?
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 6 2015, 10:01 PM

Nagao Fanboy

There's like a lot of races with him, there's a list somewhere in this forum but I keep forgetting where it is.

A few months ago I asked for the list and somebody posted a link to a post that shows it,
DK_Brawler
Posted: Jan 6 2015, 10:34 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 39,567

QUOTE (ARMA @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
It didnt seem like a trick to beat him, but he definitely acts different if you let him get the lead around the end of section 3 or 4. If youre behind him he goes into super beast mode and smokes you. I beat him by alot when I only ran a 3'20 (don't make fun of me I just started playing the game 2 weeks ago) and before when I was running a 3'25 and letting him get ahead of me in the 3rd and 4th section, he beat me by way more than 5 seconds.

Do you know which map bunta races you for the 2nd race in the legendary chapter? I'm almost at a full tank and want to know what course I need to practice.

Is there a 3rd race and so on?

It's really difficult to find by search, but here it is again https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=46260&st=0#
ARMA
Posted: Jan 7 2015, 01:30 PM

IDW Full Member

Thank you so much guys!
joesushi
Posted: Jan 10 2015, 09:39 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,944

I figured this might be a good place to post this, At Nanuet Arcade one of the ID7 cabinets takes longer to load the main menu after a player inserts their card/play without a card. This does not seen to happen if another player accepts a 1v1 race. Here are the screens of the messages. (Images have been reuploaded to imgur.)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2937 x 2203. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This would display for some time. The 90 second timer does not start immeditely and once it does start (about a minute later) it runs all the way to zero. Then this appears:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2937 x 2203. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

My assumption is it is looking for some type of connection, even though it (and the other cabinets) are offline. Might be something within the machine options. In a related question, 2v2 local between two cabinets should be possible, right? (sorry if this has been asked before, just wanted to confirm this)

This post has been edited by joesushi on Jan 11 2015, 09:43 PM
Falbere
Posted: Jan 10 2015, 10:25 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

Group: IDP Admin
Member No.: 43,254

QUOTE (joesushi @ 46 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
I figured this might be a good place to post this, At Nanuet Arcade one of the ID7 cabinets takes longer to load the main menu after a player inserts their card/play without a card. This does not seen to happen if another player accepts a 1v1 race. Here are the screens of the messages.

https://whatimg.com/i/5agn0s_thumb.jpg

This would display for some time. The 90 second timer does not start immeditely and once it does start (about a minute later) it runs all the way to zero. Then this appears:

https://whatimg.com/i/QTBZuP_thumb.jpg

My assumption is it is looking for some type of connection, even though it (and the other cabinets) are offline. Might be something within the machine options. In a related question, 2v2 local between two cabinets should be possible, right? (sorry if this has been asked before, just wanted to confirm this)

Pics are down. Use imgur.com

Edit: Nevermind. You were using the wrong image links

This post has been edited by Falbere on Jan 13 2015, 06:12 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
ARMA
Posted: Jan 12 2015, 10:17 PM

IDW Full Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXBgyoBeps

In this video there seems to be a simplified version of the meters and I Was wondering if this is a setting in the game or if this is just with the prius.

Im also finding it very difficult to locate time attack videos on yourtube for initial D 7 aa. IS there a phrase or word I should be searching for? I have a full tuned hatch back 86 and I wanted to see what I could do to improve my times.

Thanks again!!
Falbere
Posted: Jan 12 2015, 11:47 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (ARMA @ 1 hour, 29 minutes ago)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtXBgyoBeps

In this video there seems to be a simplified version of the meters and I Was wondering if this is a setting in the game or if this is just with the prius.

Im also finding it very difficult to locate time attack videos on yourtube for initial D 7 aa. IS there a phrase or word I should be searching for? I have a full tuned hatch back 86 and I wanted to see what I could do to improve my times.

Thanks again!!

Prius. Because fuel economy is everything wink2.gif

Search for "TA"
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 13 2015, 06:35 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (Falbere @ 6 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Prius. Because fuel economy is everything wink2.gif

Search for "TA"

user posted image
ARMA
Posted: Jan 13 2015, 09:01 AM

IDW Full Member

What is the best car in the rain? Kinda hard to find info on it since theres no rain Tiime attacks, but was just trying to get everyone opinion.

What cars have the best take offs at the start line when theyre fully tuned? I have a 3rd car slot on my card and Im almost done full tuning my GDBA
Falbere
Posted: Jan 13 2015, 06:13 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (SonicSP @ Yesterday, 10:35 PM)
http://www.rallyxd.com/rallyxd/wp-content/...ally-prius1.jpg

DUUUUUUD SICK PRIUS
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 14 2015, 05:15 AM

Nagao Fanboy

QUOTE (ARMA @ Yesterday, 9:01 AM)
What is the best car in the rain? Kinda hard to find info on it since theres no rain Tiime attacks, but was just trying to get everyone opinion.

What cars have the best take offs at the start line when theyre fully tuned? I have a 3rd car slot on my card and Im almost done full tuning my GDBA

Don't think there's much difference between wet or dry. But if you have best performance questions, the answer is usually "any AE86".

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 14 2015, 05:18 AM
ARMA
Posted: Jan 20 2015, 10:05 PM

IDW Full Member

Ive searched the internet and I've searched this site,

does anyone have any idea where I could find a guide or a walk through to link up multiple cabinets for initial D 7?

Or even someone kind of contact from sega to help with a walkthrough ?

Thanks in advance!
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 21 2015, 03:50 AM

Nagao Fanboy

Well there was a person here who actually owned some D6/D7 machines. I'm sure that person is knowledgable about it. rallyarmor I believe) You should PM him or see whether there are other ways to contect him if he doesn't respond to this since I haven't seen him post here in a bit.

But first off you'll need one of those black server boxes.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 21 2015, 03:53 AM
ARMA
Posted: Jan 21 2015, 08:05 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 4 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Well there was a person here who actually owned some D6/D7 machines. I'm sure that person is knowledgable about it. rallyarmor I believe) You should PM him or see whether there are other ways to contect him if he doesn't respond to this since I haven't seen him post here in a bit.

But first off you'll need one of those black server boxes.

yeah, they have the server boxes, and at one point machine one and two were linked, then it somehow become unlinked. Thanks for the info, im gonna try to reach out to rally armor
ARMA
Posted: Jan 27 2015, 10:18 PM

IDW Full Member

So I was looking for information regarding the differences between the final engine upgrades for the ae86 and I came across this thread

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=43987

I just want to confirm, so it doesnt make a difference what engine you pick for the 86? theyre all good? can anyone find a thread that explores the differences a little deeper? I'm kinda in denial that it does almost nothing. I full tuned the 3 door 86 with takumi's engine, and I'm close to finishing a 2 door 86 but was thinking about going witht eh turbo or super charger.

Thanks in advance!
Falbere
Posted: Jan 27 2015, 11:24 PM

Back from the dead, baby
Group Icon

QUOTE (ARMA @ 1 hour, 5 minutes ago)
So I was looking for information regarding the differences between the final engine upgrades for the ae86 and I came across this thread

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=43987

I just want to confirm, so it doesnt make a difference what engine you pick for the 86? theyre all good? can anyone find a thread that explores the differences a little deeper? I'm kinda in denial that it does almost nothing. I full tuned the 3 door 86 with takumi's engine, and I'm close to finishing a 2 door 86 but was thinking about going witht eh turbo or super charger.

Thanks in advance!

The 3 options are known for not really having much difference, in terms of gameplay.
The biggest difference is still the sound of the engine.

Even if there is a difference, the difference must had been so small that nobody in the entire community noticed any difference.
SonicSP
Posted: Jan 28 2015, 03:03 AM

Nagao Fanboy

As someone who two 3-door AE86Ts with different upgrades, yes there's very little difference; if any. I reckon they'll have to create a seperate category for each upgrade in the TA rankings if there's a big difference anyways.

Aside from the sound, the other thrill of having the racing engine one is the tachometer. Seriously that thing gives me a confidence boost.

Personally, I wish there was a difference if only to make each one more unique and give more weight to the upgrade decision.

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Jan 28 2015, 03:05 AM

2 Pages  1 2