Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost) 芹澤優 - JUNGLE FIRE feat. MOTSU

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 7,756  ·  Replies: 37 
> Cars in initial d that you have seen in real life., Describe it and how you think of that car. :D
trueno_ong
  Posted: Sep 4 2011, 01:21 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,803

Hey guys.. just randomly asking this question if you have seen any car in initial d in real life.. I have seen ZZW30, NA6CE, GDBF, CZ4A, DC2, RPS13, SE3P and SXE10 in SGP laugh.gif .. What car have u seen in real life is also in initial d?

This post has been edited by trueno_ong on Sep 4 2011, 01:28 AM
alvinkei
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 01:49 AM

Gangnam Style.

Member No.: 37,545

just saw a r35 on the winding roads in cameron highlands.. stim!!

This post has been edited by alvinkei on Sep 4 2011, 01:49 AM
jon360x
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 03:34 AM

Project-SS Trueno Driver

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,105

lets see.. let me group it by category..
Initial D
Sileighty (seen 2 so far.... saw one yesterday..)

Suzuki
Cappucino (seen 1.. and only 1... that was like years ago)

Mitsubishi
Evos.. seen em all... since its quite popular in M'sia (ranging from 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and 10 obviously)

Subaru
Impreza GC8V (don't know if I seen that but I did see other GC8 around.. not sure if its a V version)

Impreza GDBF ( not sure.. seen the N1 version.. looks like GDBF.. is it the same?)

Mazda
Rx-7 FD3S (Seen plenty of em... even came up close to one in a car sale once.. with the hood popped open.. amazing)
Rx-7 FD3S6 (Seen these rarely around.. 1 or 2 quite long ago..)
Rx-8 (they are everywhere in KL.. mostly seen as much as the 350Z and the evo 7,8,9)
Roadster NA6CE ( Saw one just couple of weeks ago on the way to college.. its in red too ^^)
Roadster RS (never know if I've seen one before)

Honda
EG6 ( seen em plenty around.. same as EK9..)
EK9 (as mentioned above.. also.. DC2 seen as much as i seen ek9 also)
DC2 ( same as above)
S2000 (rarely see em... like once every 2 years)
NSX (nope.. never seen one)

Nissan
Skylines (seen em all.. r32,r33,r34,r35) even the ER34 I've seen from IDV3 xD
350Z (seen em second often as rx-8 around here)
Silvia & 180SX (seen S14 Q once.. seen couple of 180SX, and couple of S15 too, never seen an s13 b4)

TOYOTA
MR2 ( Seen 2 all my life.. 1 black one speeding on the highway.. and another black one in a car sale)
MR-S (seen it twice for the past 4 years o.O)
Altezza (nope.. im not sure)
AE86 & 85 - Levin (doubt I seen 1 before 85 or not.)
TRUENO - Seen this baby since I was form 1 or 2... I was walking home from my mall(alor star mall) after playing IDV3 a deserted new residential area back then... no one is around.. always walk alone.. and very quiet... then I saw an AE86 park behind in the car park wide in the open.. with the Fujiwara Tofu Shop sticker on it too.. XD the ae86 had watanabe rims for sure.. but no CIBIE fog lights... and a big muffler... with a Spoiler which isn't a wing.. its the small fin that comes out.. and with bumper and side skirts.. I stood there speechless and gazing at it for at least 15 minutes.. XDDD cant forget that moment... I was quite hooked on initial D also back then xD that was like 4-6 years ago i think >_>

This post has been edited by jon360x on Sep 4 2011, 03:44 AM
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 04:15 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Ahh. Where do I begin?

I've seen everything on the Honda lineup. Civics are common enough; as well as the Occasional Integra. I've seen a Blue, dressed up S2000 at the track, but sadly I never saw it run. NSX's I've managed to identify when they're parked, or when I catch a glimpse of it up ahead in traffic.

The same goes with Mitsubishi and Subaru; I think I've seen every version that's in the games. They're so common they've lost the magic of "OHMAIGOD, IT'S A RACECAR!!!1ONE!".

I've seen about every Nissan except the S13; all of which were modified heavily with a fat exhaust; and usually made to go sideways when I saw them on the track. I have to say that the S14 is more stunning in person.

Toyotas are VERY common in the Philippines; but the economy every day cars, you understand.
Luckily, MR2's, the Occasional MRS , an Altezza by the shopping districts, A Supra IV parked on the side of the road, and a Celica GT4 on the Highway. Unfortunately, while I just KNOW I've seen a Trueno and Levin somewhere, I couldn't tell if the Levin was an 85 or 86. The Rear Lights were less solid than the Anime showed them.

Ah, and Mazdas. Miatas are fairly common, and are not worth noting. Tuason Racing has an FD they use though, and you imagine how I drooled over that. There was an FC lying around the racetrack; rusting to hell after being abandoned, with a full race setup. I also managed to drive an RX8 once ( But this was an automatic, back when I was still learning to drive.) The interior of a Rotary sounds funny.

Unfortunately I've never seen a Cappucino or a Sil80.
McKwack
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 05:21 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

The ones I've seen running around the streets of Jakarta:

- Mitsubishi Evo III: my friend from office had one once, and he took me on a ride once! w00t2.gif Sadly, it was already in a pretty bad shape when he bought it, so he sold it sometimes later.
- Mitsubishi Evo X: pretty rare case, as it's VEEERY expensive around here..
- Honda Civic: not sure which one it was, but I think it's one of the older EG6.
- Mazda RX-8: pretty much common around here, for some reason.. I've seen at least 3 or 4 already, including 1 or 2 from out-of-town.
- Nissan Fairlady Z33: second most common car around.
- Nissan GT-R R35: at least one who's owner also owned a Fairlady Z33 (similar license plate number pattern), I think.
- Toyota Celica: waaay back when, not even sure which one it was..
- Toyota Levin: or at least some Corollas that's very similar to a 4-door Levin, but I'm not sure..

That's it, really.. Too bad my friend sold his Evo III waaay too expensive for me (around USD 14k using today's exchange rate), otherwise I'd buy it on teh spot.. sad.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 05:26 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

I lived in Gunma for 3 years.

In other words, I've seen everything.

On top of that, my best friend (Japanese dude) owned an R34 (got to drive), another friend an Eunos Roadster (old one - also got to drive), the guy who I took my Vivio to get fixed - drove an AE86 Trueno.

And I own an Impreza coupe.

The cars of Initial D are not special btw. For example, I see anything sub R35 GTR, and I yawn. cool.gif

This post has been edited by WRX DEMON Type R on Sep 4 2011, 05:30 AM
alvinkei
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 05:48 AM

Gangnam Style.

Member No.: 37,545

in malaysia u always see 'mitsubishi' everywhere

evo3 : proton wira (code name "wirolution")

SPOILER

evo4-7 : proton waja (code name "wajalution")

SPOILER

lancer x : proton inspira. biggrin.gif
SPOILER

This post has been edited by alvinkei on Sep 4 2011, 05:49 AM
CaleX
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 06:01 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 32,651

Seen everything except for:

a coupe GC8 (ain't gonna find one here)

that bug-eyed Celica (ST205)

a FDRS (Type R I've seen, but not a RS)

a proper 86/85 fastback Levin
SonicSP
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 09:42 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

I've seen a Mitusbishi Lancer Evolution X being driven by the Royal Malaysian Police on highways. It has the official white POLIS logo and Royal Police pattern on it pattern it. I wish so had one of those on a highway........

Just a week ago I saw an actual Nissan GTR R35 right across One Utama after playing a session of ID6. It was a white one. It was parked outside a house neat where I parks my car (it was public holiday so 1U parking is full so I parked in Taman Tun and walked across).

If if I bought one I would have chosen black....instead. >__>

Also probably saw an Altezza at some point and pretty sure I saw the ID Civic at some random point too....

This post has been edited by SonicSP on Sep 4 2011, 09:44 PM
DigiBunny
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 10:34 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I think making a distinction between a normal civic and one in the anime to be a little silly. There's no real difference between the hatchbacks I see every day and Shingo's EG6. EK9's are more uncommon, but they all get the usual black hood, tiny little lip in the back treatment.
kazahana
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 11:26 PM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

Seen everything except that FD3S espirit. biggrin.gif
Damn I want an NSX now. :3
trueno_ong
  Posted: Sep 5 2011, 12:45 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (jon360x @ Yesterday, 3:34 AM)

TOYOTA
MR2 ( Seen 2 all my life.. 1 black one speeding on the highway.. and another black one in a car sale)
MR-S (seen it twice for the past 4 years o.O)
Altezza (nope.. im not sure)
AE86 & 85 - Levin (doubt I seen 1 before 85 or not.)
TRUENO - Seen this baby since I was form 1 or 2... I was walking home from my mall(alor star mall) after playing IDV3 a deserted new residential area back then... no one is around.. always walk alone.. and very quiet... then I saw an AE86 park behind in the car park wide in the open.. with the Fujiwara Tofu Shop sticker on it too.. XD the ae86 had watanabe rims for sure.. but no CIBIE fog lights... and a big muffler... with a Spoiler which isn't a wing.. its the small fin that comes out.. and with bumper and side skirts.. I stood there speechless and gazing at it for at least 15 minutes.. XDDD cant forget that moment... I was quite hooked on initial D also back then xD that was like 4-6 years ago i think >_>

guess no1 have ever seen a JZA80 type RZ..

This post has been edited by trueno_ong on Sep 5 2011, 12:51 AM
CaleX
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 02:14 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (trueno_ong @ 1 hour, 29 minutes ago)
guess no1 have ever seen a JZA80 type RZ..

There's quite a few over here in Malaysia.

Heck there's one opposite my house facepalm.gif
kazahana
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 05:51 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

QUOTE (WRX DEMON Type R @ Yesterday, 5:26 AM)
I lived in Gunma for 3 years.

In other words, I've seen everything.

On top of that, my best friend (Japanese dude) owned an R34 (got to drive), another friend an Eunos Roadster (old one - also got to drive), the guy who I took my Vivio to get fixed - drove an AE86 Trueno.

And I own an Impreza coupe.

The cars of Initial D are not special btw. For example, I see anything sub R35 GTR, and I yawn. cool.gif

Heh. Damn jealous of you man. How about an LF-A eh? Or a properly tuned NSX-R? wink2.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 10:10 AM

LF-A isn't an Initial D car. tongue.gif

And NSX-R, yes.
john_takumi86
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 10:36 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 31,217

Cars that I'd seen here in my country (Unexpected to appeared when I'm on a trip anywhere):

Mitsubishi:

-Evo III
-Evo IV
-Evo V
-Evo VII
-Evo VIII
-Evo X

Subaru:

-GDBF

Toyata:

-AE86 - it is commonly same as Takumi's car except for no Fujiwara Tofu Shop logo and the body paint color is Red and Black under.

-MR2 - most likely seen here.

-Supra - saw it last time on the road when I'm on a train.

Honda:

-EG6 and EK9 - very common here.

-Integra Type R

-NSX - rarely.

Nissan:

-R32 - just like Takeshi's car.

-R34

-R35

-350z

Mazda:

-RX7

-RX8

-NA6CE

SonicSP
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 11:18 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Yesterday, 10:34 PM)
I think making a distinction between a normal civic and one in the anime to be a little silly. There's no real difference between the hatchbacks I see every day and Shingo's EG6. EK9's are more uncommon, but they all get the usual black hood, tiny little lip in the back treatment.

Actually, I just wasn't sure which Civic was the EK9 rather than refering to its mods specifically. I think I saw one before, but I was just casually calling it ID Civic because it was the only Civic to appear in ID if I'm not mistaken.
McKwack
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 12:10 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 33,311

QUOTE (SonicSP @ 50 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Actually, I just wasn't sure which Civic was the EK9 rather than refering to its mods specifically. I think I saw one before, but I was just casually calling it ID Civic because it was the only Civic to appear in ID if I'm not mistaken.

AFAIK the only visible differences between Shingo's EG6 and Daiki's/Tomoyuki's EK9 is that the EK9 has received the "Red Logo" treatment while the EG6 hasn't (at least not officially), hence the "Type-R".

Then again, since Shingo's is red anyway, there's no telling whether it has received some unofficial "Red Logo" treatment or not.. tongue.gif

For information on Honda's "Red Logo" treatment, you can read it here.
CaleX
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 12:33 AM

IDW Regular Member

The EG6 did have a SiR though (which happens to be Shingo's model).
trueno_ong
  Posted: Sep 6 2011, 01:24 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (CaleX @ Yesterday, 2:14 AM)
There's quite a few over here in Malaysia.

Heck there's one opposite my house facepalm.gif

can u describe the supra u saw? im very curious ><
CaleX
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 02:04 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (trueno_ong @ 39 minutes, 46 seconds ago)
can u describe the supra u saw? im very curious ><

Err.. Which one? blink.gif

As for the one opposite my house, all I know is its white and has a bodykit. What kit I don't know facepalm.gif
Evans
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 04:49 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,805

In kk, i have seen R34, CE9A, GC8 and 86 with fujiwara tofu shop sticker! ohmy.gif
kazahana
Posted: Sep 6 2011, 04:54 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

QUOTE (McKwack @ 4 hours, 44 minutes ago)
AFAIK the only visible differences between Shingo's EG6 and Daiki's/Tomoyuki's EK9 is that the EK9 has received the "Red Logo" treatment while the EG6 hasn't (at least not officially), hence the "Type-R".

Then again, since Shingo's is red anyway, there's no telling whether it has received some unofficial "Red Logo" treatment or not.. tongue.gif

For information on Honda's "Red Logo" treatment, you can read it here.

Aren't EK9 and EG6 2 very different models? blink.gif
The backlamps, the front grill... blink.gif
Bumpercam
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 06:47 PM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

Hm... around here i only seen some Evo4, EvoX, and RX8, along with the somewhat ubiquitous Civics. Seen a 350Z and Skyline (not sure which but the back wing looked like the R34's) once. Saw what members of this forum identified as an AE94 Corolla, close enough for a Levin tongue.gif
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 06:50 PM

QUOTE (kazahana @ Sep 6 2011, 09:54 PM)
Aren't EK9 and EG6 2 very different models? blink.gif
The backlamps, the front grill... blink.gif

You are right. They two completely different cars.

2 Pages  1 2