Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 15 unique listeners, playing Dr. Love feat. D. Essex - Max Power (Movie Size)

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 9,298  ·  Replies: 85 
> [FANFIC] Initial D: Battleground: USA, Chapter 25 up; The Race is Over! (6/8/08)
Drew
  Posted: Mar 6 2008, 07:05 PM

Bought not Built

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 12,733

Well, while working on "Initial Ski", I kind of hit the immovable wall known as writer's block, so I began on y sidestory for "Touge Legends" I already have five chapters of this story finished, and I plan to release them in a way so that I can still have some material to fall back if I do get stuck again.

The story takes off where "Legends" leaves off; Ryousuke's dead, and Keisuke is sent to America to fulfill his brother's deathwish. It's a different take on storytelling, and I've had an idea of an American-based Initial D story for a while, so here goes!

Battleground: USA

Chapter 1: Hi-Speed MX5 Pursuit

San Diego International Airport: 8:00 PM

For young racing ace Keisuke Takahashi, eight hours on a plane was not the most interesting proposition to the start of his new training, but he had to do so. "It's for my aniki," he thought, reminding himself of that cruel March night in which a red FC killed his brother, "I was also given specific instruction on what to do with my inheritance. I still don't get what this will accomplish for me."

After getting his bags at baggage claim, Keisuke walked to the parking lot to get his rental. "I can't believe it," he said while looking at his bare bones Ford Focus with sat-nav, "If all American cars are like this, I don't want any part of them." After getting in, Keisuke opened up his carry on and pulled out a manila envelope. Written in Kanji was his name, and to the side there was a stamp that said "DO NOT OPEN" in English.

This plain envelope was what Keisuke was given at the funeral. He recalled the instructions given to him; "Keisuke-san," the voice said, "I have also arranged for you to go to America. You will arrive in San Diego. I have given you an envelope with further instructions on what you have to do." "What in the hell did he want me to do here?" Keisuke asked himself. He opened the envelope. Inside was a set of keys to some sort of automobile. They were an older set that was worn down by many years of usage, but nonetheless they were a set of keys. Along with the keys was a map. A port was circled. Attached to the map was a letter. It stated that Keisuke was to go to the circled address and look for a large ten-year old crate from Japan. It also stated that he would have to steal it. With all that, there was also a gun that he had, too.

"You've got to be joking, aniki!" Keisuke said to himself, "Steal the f**king car?" "I'm guessing in your Yakuza days" the letter said, "That you could easily take care of stuff like this. I wish you luck Keisuke, and I hope you eventually understand why you are doing this." After finishing reading the letter, he threw the Focus into drive, and headed out of the airport.

"Turn left"

"What the hell does he want me to get in this yard?" Keisuke said, listening to some American band known as Primus, "This is not like him at all. He must've rushed this before the race, knowing he'd possibly die." "This'll be your last run for Project.D" the tape said, "This time, failure is not an option."

"Jerry was a race car driver"

"In 200 yards, turn right"

"Never did win the checkered flag, but he never did come in last"

"You have reached your destination"

"Okay," Keisuke said getting out of the car at the dockyard, "Now I have to break in here. How the hell am I supposed to do that?" He got out, looking around the complex for some sort of gate he could ram through, seeing the 20-foot fence and barb-wire all around the yard. "Screw jumping the fence," Keisuke said, "Now what?" He then saw a gate with no guard, which he could ram through.

"What's up, Jim?" the guard said. "There's this guy sitting out here in a Focus, looking like he's gonna break through the fence." "Call the cops then, dumbass." "Got it, boss."

The Focus rammed through the gate with no problem. "Damn," Keisuke said, "This is one tough mother. I'm surprised it didn't shatter." He then started driving through the complex, looking for the crate. "Where the hell is it?" he said, "By the time I find it, I'll be in jail!" He then spotted it out of the corner of his eye. He slammed on the brakes of the Focus, and grabbed the folder, the gun and the set of keys. He shot the lock out, like in the movies, and went into the crate.

Outside the yard, a police car was pulling up. "Thanks for showing up, officer," the guard said, "He's right in there, possibly armed, Asian, driving a Focus, and definitely determined." "We'll try to stop him before he causes any harm," the officer stated. He then got back into his Impala, and drove inside to apprehend the criminal.

"Come out with your hands up!" a voice on a loudspeaker yelled. "What now?" Keisuke said, in the old seat, "I can't give up now; ah well, so long cruel world!" He turned over the engine and exploded out of the crate, nearly sideswiping the Chevrolet cop car.

"Requesting backup on a police chase in San Diego shipyard. Vehicle is a right-hand drive 1994 blue Mazda Miata with Japanese plates."

"Roger. Help is on the way"

The tires squealed as the Mazda drifted through the shipyard towards the exit. "Shit, aniki!" Keisuke said, "Why the hell did you make me do this?" As he was making a run for the exit, he saw three other cop cars heading towards the exit. "Damn!" Keisuke said, braking and turning hard right towards the freeway. "I gotta outrun these bastards!"

"suspect Heading northbound towards Los Angeles. Requesting backup"

"Roger"

The blue MX5 was speeding through traffic. Keisuke was sweating bullets as the red-and-blue lights started to fade from his rear-view. "Am I losing them?" Keisuke wondered, listening to the high-rev engine while shifting up; the familiar sound of a blow-off valve whooshed out of the engine, "That sounds like my 13B! That's why I'm losing them! He set it up like the FD was when I started!"

"Damn, this guy is fast!"

"We've lost suspect. Setting up a 3-mile perimeter around area. All cops look for blue MX5."

In a back alley, the car sat idling. Keisuke laid his head on the steering wheel. "That's the worst experience I ever had," he thought. Keisuke then began to look in the car for some sort of instruction. "C'mon aniki!" he said, "You had to have left me something to instruct me with!" He looked high and low, eventually opening the glove box. Inside was a map of the United States with a route drawn out in red. The first circled location was Los Angeles. next to the circle was a post-it with an address. Next to the address were the words "Ask for Gene Maglio; tell him you're the Comet's brother. Give it about 3 hours before leaving San Diego, too." "Maybe he didn't hurry this thing," Keisuke thought, "Okay then, next I'll head to LA."

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Jun 8 2008, 06:27 PM
DK_2
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 07:22 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

Member No.: 25,400

Holy crap. This is going to be epic. Keisuke already in trouble with the 5-0. Plus a 13B pwered Miata! ohmy.gif
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 07:27 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,713

I like it, and although I haven't read any of your other fics, I didn't get lost while reading it.

I do have some constructive criticism: when you have the police chatter, I don't think you need the "roger" parts, just kind of what's happening like "all units proceed with caution, suspect driving at 120 MPH".

Also it would've been cool if would have built up the suspense about what car he was driving until the end, instead of giving it away by the cop's description of it(which by the way, was one pretty observant cop)

Good start though, hope to read more.
Meteor
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 08:38 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

Allow me to join Takahashi Keisuke in exclaiming "What the hell?!". Especially in regards to the late Takahashi Ryousuke giving him a task that puts the police on his tail.

Quite a good start to the fic though. Please continue it.

And about your Initial-Ski-writer's-block. Just give yourself some rest from that fic. The block will eventually crumble to nothing, and then you can return to updating that one.
?wha?
Posted: Mar 7 2008, 02:53 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

Epic Lulz when Keisuke's forced to nick the car. Never thought Ryosuke would or can torture his little brother enough tongue.gif
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 01:17 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Where can I find the original fic?
Drew
  Posted: Mar 9 2008, 05:50 PM

Bought not Built

You can find it here.

Also, here's chapteh deux!

Chapter 2: Drainage Ditch Run

12:00 AM: Downtown Los Angeles

"He's on this street?" Keisuke asked himself, "Man, this place's a dump." The slums were filled with trash, and apparently the address that Keisuke was given was that of a men's only hotel. He parked the car in a back-alley and covered it up with the tarp that was in the trunk. He then proceeded to head up the stairs to the hotel.

The air was thick with cigarette smoke, and the music playing was that of a classic blues band. In one corner of the lobby, there was an old man playing chess with another equally aged gentleman. Keisuke walked up to the counter and asked for Gene Maglio. "He's not in, bud," the manager said, "He's probably out racing." "Where does everyone race around here?" Keisuke asked. "Down in the reservoirs," the manager said, "Especially tonight. There's a big race for some guy's pink slip tonight, too." "Thank you, sir!" Keisuke said, bowing. "You're welcome, I guess," the manager said, taken aback by Keisuke's customs.

Keisuke jumped into his MX5 and headed over to the reservoir in Watts. Looking down in the ravine, he saw three cars fly past him at over 150 mph. "I guess it's thataway," Keisuke thought while driving down the bank, "These guy's have gotta be mad to drive like this."

"Yo, yo yo," yelled the announcer through his PA system, a Puerto Rican man with a Von Dutch cap on, "Y'all ready for the next event?!" The crowd cheered as the five cars lined up for the race. These cars were a bone-stock black Corvette Z06, a heavily modified sublet green Volkswagen GTi, two Civics, both heavily modified and with vinyl graphics and a Lamborghini Gallardo. A starter was standing in front of the cars, ready to signal. "Ready," she said, with her hands up, "Go!" Dropping her hands, everyone sped off. As they did so, a blue Miata came out of nowhere and almost caused one of the Civics to wreck. "Damn!" the announcer said, "Close one there from the obvious newbie!" As it pulled in, everyone was pointing and laughing at the driver's inability to yield.

"So," said the announcer, "Any of you eses up for a half-mile barrel race?" "I'm in!" Keisuke said. "So the newbie thinks he can race, huh," another man with a pro-wrestler build and handlebar mustaches said, "What're you gonna do in that Barbie-mobile, bro?" "You'll just have to find out," Keisuke stated. "Okay then," handlebars said, "I'm in." "Same here," a younger man said. "Whoa, ladies and germs," the announcer said, "Orale! Gene-o is coming out to run tonight! What exactly are you driving tonight, homes?" "My GTO, what else?" Gene said, "Gotta let the Nismo Z cool down from her track day."

"It's him," Keisuke said, sensing his opponent's burning aura, "He's amazing. No wonder my brother wanted me to see this guy; he's a god." "What's your name, ese?" the announcer said to Keisuke. "Takahashi Keisuke," Keisuke replied, "This is my first race in America." "Ooh," the announcer said, "This guy's straight outta J-town, people! Keisuke Takahashi!" "Okay," Gene said, "What do you all have on ya?" "I've got 3 grand," Handlebars said. "2 thousand here," Gene replied, "How about you, bra?" "I've got about one million yen on me," Keisuke said, "That's roughly 3 grand." "Sweet," Gene said, collecting the money and putting it with the announcer, "Line 'em up!"

The three lined up at the line. Handlebars drove a gold Oldsmobile 442 with a pro-street conversion and a twin-roots style, bug-catcher intake blown 572 big block. It was raised up in the rear on a set of Weld Alumastars with American Racing Hopsters up front. The engine was so powerful, it shook the ground and burned the concrete from its turn-down shorty headers spewing six-foot flames like an angry dragon. Gene's red GTO was lowered and sitting on a set of Foose rims. The large cowl hood was hiding a massive twin-turbo LS1 small-block. The rear of the GTO was also 'tubbed, but it held a Corvette suspension set up and ZR1-size tires. Keisuke's little Miata was also an insane vehicle. With the exception of the Work Equips, the outside appeared bone-stock. Under the hood, however, didn't breathe the twin-cam four that once was in the bay. Instead, the hurricane of a highly-tuned twin-turbo 13B rotary made high-rev music that contrasted the grunt and angry rumble of the V8s.

As they were waiting, the crowd began to whoop and holler. The starter was coming up to get the race underway. She was looking intensely at the Miata of Keisuke. "All right, y'all," the announcer yelled, "You's ready for some tire-smoking action?!" The starter had her hands above her head, and all three drivers had their clutches in, ready to explode off the line. The hands of the starter dropped, and the three cars exploded off the line. Keisuke and Gene kept their rides grounded, but Handlebars' 442 lifted up and stood up on its two massive Mickey Thompsons. The old-school muscle car eventually touched down, and all three were off to the turn-around point at the other end.

"We have reports of street racing in lower Watts in the drainage ditch."

"Roger"

"I can do this!" Keisuke said, shifting his blue MX5 into third gear at over 100 mph, "If I can beat Gene, I'll gain his respect and he'll help me with this training!" The Mazda was right on the tail of the 442, getting ready to slingshot out to catch Gene's GTO. "Here it goes!" Keisuke slingshotted himself to the front of the 442, but didn't notice how close the barrel was to him until now. "Shit!" he yelled, "I'm going too fast! I guess I'll swing wide here." He swung his car opposite to the barrel to attempt a Scandinavian Flick, but the speed was too great; his MX5 spun out, allowing for the 442 to pass him.

"Suspect in MX5 is present."

"Roger. Moving in."

All of a sudden, a bright light shone down on Keisuke's MX5 from the bridge across the ravine. "Stop!" the officer yelled in his Crown Vic patrol car, "Come out with your hands in the air!" "Well," Keisuke said, "Gotta go!" He slammed on the gas, and sped off down the ravine, knowing that the cops couldn't catch his MX5.

"Suspect is on the run!"

"Same here at the scene! Everyone's scrambling!"

"Oh crap," the announcer said, seeing the black and white Crown Victoria blow through the area, sirens blaring, "Everyone get outta here! We've got 5-0!" "Shit!" Gene thought, swinging his GTO around to escape. "Not again!" The car then went back off in the direction of his opponent. Everyone else in Hondas, Fox-bodied Mustangs, on Hayabusas, and other cars and bikes made a run for it, trying to confound the few officers that were there to arrest the racers. They already caught Handlebars, who was on the ground of the drainage ditch, next to his overturned and smoking 442.

Keisuke at this point had lost the cops and was trying to find a place to ditch his MX5. "I can't go around in this car anymore!" he said, "It's technically stolen! I'm screwed if I don’t get rid of it!" He then found a dark back-alley where he parked the car, and gathered up his supplies and left. "Now where the hell am I?" he said, looking at a street sign, which said "Compton Avenue" "Now how do I get back to the hotel, GPS-san?" Keisuke said in a false sense of compassion to the inanimate.

"In 400 yards, turn right."

Oh," he said, looking at the screen, which stated '15 miles to location', "Dammit." As he was heading back, a set of headlamps approached him. The car was about the size of a Supra, but it had the sound of a V8. "Who the hell?" Keisuke said. "Yo," the driver said, rolling down the window, "You okay?" "Yeah, of course I am," Keisuke yelled with sarcasm, "I'm an Asian in Compton, afraid to get shot, what do you think?" "You wanna come back to my place?" the driver said, "I could help you out, man. Where's your car?" "Over there," Keisuke said, pointing to the MX5 in the alley. "Oh, you're that guy," the driver said, "I just came from there. I'll give ya a lift."

Heading into LA, Keisuke watched the sun rise. "Who are you?" Keisuke asked the driver, "And why did you pick me up?" "Name's Jon Benson," he said, "I picked you up because it was inevitable that the cops would catch you. They got a clear view of your face. Apparently, it states that you broke into a San Diego shipyard and stole that MX5 of yours. You're one tough mother, lemme tell ya." "You're not a cop, are you?" Keisuke asked. "Nah," Jon replied nervously, "I'm too much of a wimp to shoot a gun." "Thank god," replied Keisuke, "Where are you from?" "Oh me?" the driver stated, "I'm from Texas. I moved out here with Gene so we could attend college at UC Berkley. We work at a local race shop that his uncle owns. They helped me build this baby up from the ground." "What is it?" Keisuke asked. "You don't know?!" Jon replied, shocked, "It's a 1966 Mustang GT Fastback. She's been in my family for three generations now, and I'm the current caretaker. You probably don't see these too much in Japan, do you?" "Not really," Keisuke said, still embarrassed that he lost to an over-powered FR USDM Cavalier and a car that seemed to only go straight.

They pulled the Mustang into a parking garage next to an apartment complex. "Welcome to my domain," Jon said to Keisuke. When they got out, Keisuke could see how much work went into the Mustang. The entire car was painted a bright torch red, and the Texas license plate read "THX 137" The car sat low on a set of Magnum 500s that were massive in the front as well as the rear. Two white stripes caressed the cowl-induction hood and slid down the car, creating a white profile. "Can ya stop gawking at her?" Jon said, "Let's go!" "Oh," Keisuke said, "Okay."
DK_2
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 06:07 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

LMAO at the license plate.
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 06:27 PM

IDW God Member

The guy on the MIC reminded of me of the annoying announcers in Pro Street.
DK_2
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 06:31 PM

I wear purple pants. +1

^^^^^^
AHA. The scene reminded me of the first FnF. laugh2.gif
red comet 7
Posted: Mar 9 2008, 09:52 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 24,875

yeah a little FnF style in this one...except instead of from U.S. to JAPAN, its JAPAN to U.S.
Meteor
Posted: Mar 10 2008, 02:33 AM

Another well written chapter. I'm looking forward to more.

lol @ the license plate
Koykis
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 06:34 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,743

The last month all I've been doing is reading fanfics to catch up with the rest of the forum and my head is spinning blink.gif
This one is good written but the style really reminds me of NFS pro street and i dont think that's good. This is really the way the street races take place in the west? I mean in drainage ditches and the police chasing the racers all the time? Anyway, what's funny about the license plate?
I'm still curious to read more, keep up the good work mate!

This post has been edited by Koykis on Mar 11 2008, 06:36 AM
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 07:02 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Koykis @ Today at 10:34 AM)
This is really the way the street races take place in the west? I mean in drainage ditches and the police chasing the racers all the time? Anyway, what's funny about the license plate?

I've never been chased down a drainage ditch, but I've been involved in some major raids here in Miami, that involved helicopters, road blocks, etc. it's not that bad anymore, people usually just stop, instead of running.

The license plate is alluding to the username of thx712517, who writes fanfics on here as well.
Koykis
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 07:15 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 28,743

Oh, I see thanks happy.gif
Its also interesting to learn about the lifestyle of the street racers there. I thought thing like these happen only in movies.
Drew
  Posted: Mar 11 2008, 08:21 AM

Bought not Built

I guess you all thought the same with the license plate joke, but hey, people interpret things differently. It's actually the same number as the license plate on the back of the yellow '32 Ford hot rod in American Grafitti. George Lucas used it as a tribute to his early film "THX 1137" when filming "Grafitti".

With the street racing, it's dramatized for writing. It is true that people race in the drainage ditches of Los Angeles, but they're not chased all the time by cops; it's really just some FnF-inspired race, that's all. I've never attended a street race, but from films and gamin, this is what I'd expect them to kind of be like in LA.

This story is more or less my "Kill Bill"; it's a hodge-podge of FnF style street-racing, Bullitt-like car chases, and other classic auto movie referencess like the more-accurate "Two-Lane Blcaktop", "The French Connection", "Vanishing Point" and "American Grafitti" Just a bit of foreshadowing, too; the story will eventually end up in Chi-tow where Keisuke runs into a famous fictitious bounty hunter and her Ford.

I will not say any more! (starts typing away on future chapters while wryly grinning)

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Mar 11 2008, 08:22 AM
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 11 2008, 08:26 AM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Turbo_Levin_13 @ Today at 12:21 PM)
I guess you all thought the same with the license plate joke, but hey, people interpret things differently. It's actually the same number as the license plate on the back of the yellow '32 Ford hot rod in American Grafitti. George Lucas used it as a tribute to his early film "THX 1137" when filming "Grafitti".

laugh.gif I was off by a lot.
thx712517
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 06:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 23,877

Wasn't it THX 1138? American Graffiti was a great movie, I liked that Thunderbird more than a man should. Curious about the Ford-driving bounty hunter, I'll have to search around for that one. Any chance of a Bluesmobile appearance?
Meteor
Posted: Mar 12 2008, 06:23 AM

laugh.gif I was off by a lot.

laugh2.gif Same here.
Drew
  Posted: Mar 13 2008, 06:06 PM

Bought not Built

New chapter up.

Chapter 3: Just One of the Guys

4:35 AM: Berkley Apartment Complex

"Why did you come to America?" Jon asked Keisuke while walking through the garage to the elevator. "My dead brother asked me to come here for some kind of training," Keisuke said solemnly, "It was in his last will & testament." "Oh," Jon said, sorry that he brought the subject up, "Well, we'll try to make your stay here somewhat enjoyable. First off, I got to introduce you to my Berkley pals."

The apartment was a relatively well-kept building. "Well," Jon said, grabbing his keys to unlock the door with the numbers '756' on it, "Welcome to our humble abode." Opening the door, Keisuke and Jon walked into a classic bachelor's apartment. The room was filled with the lively music of Joy Division. The walls were covered with random anime posters with everything from Dragonball Z to the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The centerpiece of the living room was the large leather couch that had cracks and veins on it. In the kitchen there was a man leaning on the open fridge. Keisuke could smell the pungent odor of 5-week old Chinese sweet & sour chicken. The man grabbed a Duff energy drink and proceeded to sit down with a Super Street magazine in his hands. What really drew Keisuke’s attention however was the 42-inch flat screen with a Playstation 3 hooked up to it. On the couch was a young man of about the same age as Jon. He was playing "Virtua Fighter 5" and turned to see who it was after pausing the game. "Yo Jon," the man said, "Who's this?" "Oh, him?" Jon addressed, "This is Keisuke Takahashi. He's from Japan, and he was in the street race tonight. Chased off a slew of 5-0." "No way," the man said, "Only one I know who was able to lose cops that fast was Comet." "Wait," Keisuke said, "You mean, White Comet, Ryousuke Takahashi?!"

"Holy shit!" Jon said, "You're his brother! Hey Daley, this guy's Comet's younger brother!" "Damn, bra," Daley said, "You gotta teach me some moves!" "I would love to," Keisuke said, "But I don't have a car anymore." "We'll have to get you one, then," a man said in the kitchen, "I knew you had skills when I saw you race. You just weren’t used to the different surface, that’s all. The reservoir is notorious for spinning out the best of ‘em.” “Yeah, I can see,” Keisuke replied, “Who are you?” The man turned around, and Keisuke recognized him as Gene Maglio, the GTO driver. His scrawny build and messy hair were unmistakable along with his height. “Name’s Gene,” he said, “Ryousuke gave me a call before he died; told me you might make a visit.” “How did you two know each other?” Keisuke asked.

“He came here about a year and a half ago as an exchange student from Tokyo U,” Gene replied, grabbing his acoustic guitar off of its stand, “He was in my differential equations class as a sit-in tutor. I was struggling in the class, so I asked him for some help. We ended up being really good friends, and every Saturday, we’d end up racing each other wherever there was some action. When he died, I was expecting you to show up. He planned that you’d eventually have to come over here; it just wasn’t going to be so sudden.” He then began to belt out a Rush song, “I suggest that you head into bed; tomorrow we’ll get you a new car.”

In the bedroom, Keisuke didn’t fall asleep quickly, even though he was awake for 28 hours. “I’ve got to figure out what aniki meant by ‘training’,” he pondered with his hands behind his head on the fold out mattress, “If I don’t, I’ll feel like I’ve been standing still while he keeps getting better.” The person Keisuke was talking about was his bitter rival Takumi Fujiwara, who was given a full-ride into the racing world prematurely. To Keisuke, he felt like he was being underestimated next to such a carefree prodigy like Fujiwara. “I’ve just got to keep soldiering on,” Keisuke said, struggling to fall asleep, “It’s what aniki would want.”

11:00 AM

“Come On Down!” the television yelled, “You’re the next contestant on the Price is Right!” “So,” Daley said, grabbing a pop tart from the toaster and heading back to the couch, “What kind of ride is our Japanese racer gonna run?” “Well why don’t you get off of your lazy ass and come over here and help us decide!” Jon said, “We’ve narrowed it down to two, so why don’t you come over here and give us your input.” “We were thinking a Mustang,” Jon said, “Most likely something from ’66 to ’71 with one of those new Alumanator engines and a fully independent suspension and rear-mount transaxle-“

“-or a 5.0-liter model with a centrifugal supercharger and SCCA-legal suspension,” Gene said, “It’s cheaper and it’s a good starter car for Keisuke.”
“The classic looks of the older ‘stang’s better, Gene! People’ll know who he is faster!”
“I personally like the 5.0-liter. It’s got a ton of parts; didja even think of that?”
“You’re such a cheap-ass, Gene. Those engines have to be at least fifteen years old and a pain to work on.”
“And how much is one of those all-aluminum V8s plus the shell you’ll put it into?”
“It’ll be a later add-on, Gene. He’s still not used to that.”
“Aha! You said it! That’s why we should get him the 5.0-liter!”

“Hey, I’ve got an idea,” Daley said with bitter sarcasm at the two, “Why don’t you two shut the hell up and let Keisuke decide?” He then sat back down.

“What’s going on?” Keisuke asked. “We’re just deciding on a car for you, Keisuke-san,” Gene said, “Is it okay if I call you that?” “Why wouldn’t it be?” Keisuke replied. “Never mind,” Gene said. “Okay,” Jon said, “We’ve got two here. The sixties body style-“ “Or the more conservative eighties fox-body,” chimed in Gene with the disapproval of Jon. “Let me see both of these,” Keisuke said, grabbing the magazines, “Don’t like either. Y’mind if I show you what I was interested in?” “Sure,” Gene said. Keisuke went back into the living room and came out with the February 2008 issue of Car Craft. The page he had leafed over was one for an article feature on a dark blue 1969 Boss 302. “Ha!” Jon said, “I knew he’d want the classic lines!” “Something like this,” Keisuke said, and then he pulled out another magazine, “With this engine.” It was another Car Craft, but this time, it was an August 2007 Car Craft with a small block 318 Ford that was blown to an insane 700 horsepower. “Take that!” Gene said in Jon’s face, “He likes the 5.0-liter!” “The only thing I want different on this engine is a twin turbo kit that makes the engine put out about 500 horses,” Keisuke said, “Is that okay?” “You want it detuned that much?” Gene said. “Yeah,” Keisuke said, “I’ll start out small and work my way up. These engines are common, right?” “Of course,” Jon said, “We have an old ’93 F150 at the shop that hasn’t ran in five years due to a rear-axle problem. The engine’s still pretty cherry.” “Well I also know a guy selling a slant-six ’69 ‘stang, and we can do that up like a Boss easily,” Gene said, “How’s that sound?” “Sound’s like we’ve got a design,” Keisuke said, “Let’s do it.”
Meteor
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 07:03 PM

Another good update. Should be interesting to see how Keisuke handles a RWD (atleast I think that's what it'll be) starting out with 500 bhp.

Looking forward to the next.
DrIfTeRX305
Posted: Mar 13 2008, 07:16 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Meteor @ Today at 11:03 PM)
Should be interesting to see how Keisuke handles a RWD (atleast I think that's what it'll be) starting out with 500 bhp.

Looking forward to the next.

Not to mention the torque.

Good update.
Drew
  Posted: Mar 13 2008, 08:17 PM

Bought not Built

Another clue to intrigue you all!

user posted image

Oughtta be a dead giveaway to the bounty hunter in question thx712517.

Also, for next chapteh, think green, but still mean.

And the sign says "Anybody caught trespassing will be shot on sight"
So I jumped the fence and I yelled at the house
Hey! What gives you the right!
fear2.gif

-end transmission...
jpn6438
Posted: Mar 14 2008, 07:09 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 19,264

I'm trying to picture Keisuke in an American Muscle.
Drew
  Posted: Mar 16 2008, 03:13 PM

Bought not Built

Chapter 4 finished!

Chapter 4: Tesla

Next day 8:30 AM: Long Beach Auto Maintenance

“Yo Jon,” Gene said underneath the rusted-out 1969 Mustang, “Hand me a 9/16”, will ya?” Jon, who was currently working on stripping the gaskets from the engine block, went to his battered black tool chest in the corner of the old garage and grabbed a socket. “Here,” he said, throwing it sloppily to Gene; almost hitting him in the head. “Shit!” he yelled, swinging his cart out of the way, “Be careful with that, man!” “Sorry,” Jon said.

“What the hell was that?” Keisuke said, lifting his head from the computer. “Nothing,” Jon said, “Anyway, when do you want this to be finished?” “As soon as possible,” Keisuke replied, “At the latest, about one to two weeks.” “Pretty ambitious,” Gene said, “Well, this calls for some bulk caffeine for the next few nights. Why don’t you take Jon’s stang and head over to the Seven-Eleven and buy us all some Monsters.” “Okay,” Keisuke said, “Anything else?” “Yeah,” Jon said, “I ordered the turbo kit and since your deadline’s so soon, would you mind picking it up in Oregon?” “Where is it in Oregon? Just give me the address, and I’ll head up there.”

10:00 AM: US Highway 101; somewhere near San Francisco

The red Mustang cruised down the highway at a leisurely pace. “This road’s amazing,” Keisuke said, swinging the wheel to the right to take the sharp turn, “If this is what most scenic routes are like in the United States, I won’t want to leave.” The Ford carried its passenger to the destination, of which the two arrived at about 6:00 PM.

8:30 PM: Highway 101; Oregon

With the turbines in the back along with the intercooler, Keisuke started his ride home. “That’s a relief,” Keisuke said to himself, getting off the phone, “They got the body all stripped and primered and the suspension just got installed. I never expected that they’d be this fast. Hopefully it’ll be finished in a few days.” As the fastback purred along, a set of lights came out of the darkness that seemed to be closing in on Keisuke. The road was pretty much deserted with the exception of Keisuke and this driver. As they came out of a sweeping left, the car flashed his high beams at Keisuke. “Does he,” Keisuke pondered, ”want to pass me? Well, try if you can. You’re too small to be a Crown Vic, so you can’t be a cop.” He then slammed the gas pedal to the floorboard, and let the bored-and-stroked 390 roar like a monster. The two began their battle into the night.

Every turn seemed to be risky as hell, since this section of 101 was on the coastline. As the battle raged on, Keisuke’s opponent kept getting closer. “What is this guy doing?” He thought, looking at the rearview mirror as they took a hard left, “It’s like he’s not even trying!” As Keisuke looked at the gauges, he noticed that his fuel was almost out. “Dammit!” Keisuke said, “I’m almost out!” He then let off the gas, and let his opponent pass him. The car passed with no sound except for rushing wind. “What the-“ Keisuke said, “What is he running?” The car that passed him was about the size of a Honda Fit, with a body like that of an Elise. As he got behind it, he saw the New Jersey plates with “TESLA1” on it. The car was also badged as a Tesla Roadster. “You’ve gotta be kidding me,” Keisuke said as he saw the silent lights go around the next turn seemingly into oblivion, “A Tesla?”

One Week later; 10:00 AM

In the garage, the sound of a revving hi-output V8 screamed with the sound of a blow-off valve following not more than a millisecond after. “Well,” Jon said, closing the bright blue hood of the Mustang. Its final iteration was a classic Boss 302 on the outside, but with the heart of a monster and the grip of a late-model sports car. “All that needs to be done now is a test & tune. How does Highway 101 sound Keisuke?” “There?” Keisuke said, having visions of the Tesla stealthily speeding past his loaner Mustang, “Why not? Anyway, how much do I owe you?” “On the house,” Gene said, “Your brother paid for all of it in advance when he came here last.” “Hmm,” Keisuke wondered, “He really planned this shit out. I wonder what he had in store for Takumi?”

Diner on Highway 101; near San Francisco

“So Bean,” the young, lean man with the scraggly hair and in the flannel shirt said to the massive mercenary, “How do ya think of its performance?” “It’s different,” Bean said, stroking his massive chin and then taking another sip of his Miller Lite, “Not as good as my L88 ‘Vette, however. To be honest, Dru, it’s a weird car to drive.” “Why?” Dru said, looking out the window of the diner at the small silver car, “Not used to the shitloads of torque?” “It ain’t that,” Bean said, taking off his sunglasses, “It’s just that I was able to keep up with a highly tuned Mustang driven by some really tough-ass driver without me even trying, that wa until he was outta gas. It drove like it was on rails.” “Well it was built atop of a Lotus platform,” Dru said, taking a sip of his root beer, “Let’s see, how about next time I come to Detroit or Chi-town, I’ll race you in my ’76 turbo Cosworth-powered Spitfire. How’s that sound?” “You actually got that shit finished?” Bean said. “Yep,” Dru replied with a snide grin coming over his face, “All 500+ horses of British Steel.” “You’re nuts, Dru” Bean said, “Just nuts to be even thinking of having that much horsepower in a lil’ British roadster like that.” “Why thanks, Bean,” Dru said as they continued to eat breakfast.

4 Pages  1 2 3 »