|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 03:52 PM
Like an eagle!
Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1
Joined: Sep 15th 2002
Location: San Leandro, California
This announcement is to notify you some of the Rules / Policies in Forum Guidelines had been changed recently. (01-31-2007)
Here are the changes made;
• A 20 character minimum limit per post has been implemented into the board. Bypassing it with useless content intentionally is an warnable offense.
• Bumping topics is defined as posting twice in a row in the same thread after the last post was made after 72 hours. Bumping threads are allowed unless you are bumping it with content that does not contribute to the topics. Clarification: You can only bump the same topic three (3) times. You are not allowed to bump the topic anymore after that. You will receive a Verbal Warning for violating that rule on first offense.
• Reviving topics is defined as replying to a thread where the last post was made more than 30 days ago. Reviving threads are allowed as long as you have something to contribute to the topics.
• Posting twice in a row in the same thread within 72 hours without any valid reasons is an warnable offense.
• On a case-by-case basis, if a significant amount of members find your signature offensive, the Moderating Team is obligated to remove the signature completely. Attempting to bring back the said signature will earn yourself an actual warning.
PM (Private Messages) quota for regular members and advanced members has been increased from 50 and 65, to 65 and 100, respectively.
Last but not least, please read these rules carefully as violating any of them may earn yourself an actual warning.
More changes may be added in the near future, please check this thread at least a few more times in the near future.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 04:31 PM
Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 111
Joined: Nov 26th 2002
The new rule concerning bumping topics is a little difficult for me to understand. Care to share an example or simplify it in some way?
Posted: Feb 6 2007, 06:44 PM
IDW Top Poster
Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,524
Joined: Oct 2nd 2004
Location: Update Profile
You can bump a thread a maximum of 3 times without anyone else posting in it. You have to make sure it has content relevant to the topic ( i.e. no "how's it hanging" kind of posts ). Also, you have to wait 3 days between posts as well.