Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Night Kids

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

447 Pages  « 370 371 372 373 374 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 537,248  ·  Replies: 11,163 
> Random Thoughts
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 12:01 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 16 minutes ago)
Minami-Ke was good but you can't really sell it on trap appeal. Mako-chan is cute but...well, not the focus of the show.

There are plenty other anime out there that sell themselves solely on trap appeal, like Himegoto.

thats very true, MInami-Ke is more than the trap parts of the series. the trap part was a 1 time thing to fool Chiaki but he just kept the guise going on ever since then laugh2.gif . its a very solid slice of life comedy where the jokes and anecdotes come from every day things. anyone will likely enjoy the series alot if they give it a chance, maybe not so much SE2 but SE1 and SE3 are excellent. Minami-ke is one of my fav slice of life anime. there are many compelling and quirky characters in that series that everyone is sure to enjoy watching.

lol, the cup yakisoba phenomenon part of the anime has stuck with me ever since i saw that ep the first time laugh2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 12:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

See and that's exactly what I mean. You admit it's one of your favorite and say everyone should like it. But then you try to sell it not with those reasons, but rather trying to pass it off as a trap series. Nah fam. Just be honest next time is all. tongue.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 12:18 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Umu's gonna go nutz when he sees the similarities it shares with Azumanga! awesome.gif 🐈

This post has been edited by xiao on Apr 20 2017, 01:01 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 12:56 PM

ShiMACHaze

I don't think R18G should be allowed outside a spoiler tag. ermm2.gif

xiao
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 01:03 PM

moon bunny

Oh shi- my bad brotha! laugh.gif ... 🕊🐝

--- --- ---

Also J' thank youuu for friending me alongside N1 on FB! \(^o^)/~🌈

I promise Cirno will behave this time! 🐾

Can y'all tell xiao's on da phone right now...? awesome.gif ~ it's Umu's fault he's sexting me while on the go! 😂 🐍🐇🐅

This post has been edited by xiao on Apr 20 2017, 01:10 PM
Tessou
  Posted: Apr 20 2017, 01:18 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 21 minutes, 53 seconds ago)
I don't think R18G should be allowed outside a spoiler tag. ermm2.gif

user posted image
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 01:35 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 26 minutes ago)
See and that's exactly what I mean. You admit it's one of your favorite and say everyone should like it. But then you try to sell it not with those reasons, but rather trying to pass it off as a trap series. Nah fam. Just be honest next time is all. tongue.gif

you found me out, i was trying to advertise a great anime to Xiao by just pointing out one of many funny reasons to see Minimi-ke. its true the mako-chan parts are funnier than some other jokes BC he got used to it fast but anyone can enjoy the series. if Xiao does see the series then he'll enjoy the other non-trap parts too.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 03:10 PM

ShiMACHaze

Like you enjoyed the overall crowd-pleaser that is G Gundam too, I'm sure. laugh2.gif

Posted: Apr 20 2017, 05:42 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 32 minutes ago)
Like you enjoyed the overall crowd-pleaser that is G Gundam too, I'm sure. laugh2.gif

yeah..... . im not sure if consider 1 good ep out of 49 total a saving grace for a mecha anime. there is crazy and there is insane and G gundam was both crazy and insane.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 06:24 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (207 @ 41 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
yeah..... . im not sure if consider 1 good ep out of 49 total a saving grace for a mecha anime. there is crazy and there is insane and G gundam was both crazy and insane.

Have you seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? If so I'm curious about your thoughts on that.
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 07:52 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 28 minutes ago)
Have you seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? If so I'm curious about your thoughts on that.

i actually havent seen that series yet but it sounds interesting. i do recognize Yoko's appearance from various anime clips but never saw the anime. her choice of clothing does stand out from the traditional battle suits in other mecha anime.

i like series that have a dark side hidden behind them that only get revealed later on in the series. Gurenn lagan seems to be more on the one punch (havent seen it yet) side for the light hearted comedy. i like the more seroiusdark stories ie Blue gender, Crosa Ange, Shiki, Ookami Kakushi, Higurashi etc etc. i can still enjoy the crazy funny series though which is one reason why i love the Gintama anime/manga.

id say gurenn lagan is more on the crazy side (with barely clothed characters???) but it has the comedy factor that im more used to seeing. i saw a few funny clips on YT just now and thats the feeling i get from the series

i saw a YT clip of simon's return from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. its pretty funny and crazy.

i think what sets apart that series from G gundam, its partially the crazy gundam designs but the story is just predictable as hell. yes there is comedy as far as gundam designs go but they're all bound to fight a ladder style competition and it comes out a pretty bland. i got used to the super powers of the fighters ie speed strength etc but much of the formula was rather stereotypical.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is just unpredictable and funny from what i picked from the short clip.
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 08:13 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

QUOTE (xiao @ 7 hours, 54 minutes ago)
Umu's gonna go nutz when he sees the similarities it shares with Azumanga! awesome.gif 🐈

user posted image

For the record, I wasn't sexting with xiao. shifty2.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 09:24 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 1 hour, 10 minutes ago)
For the record, I can feel he's up to something creepy again... shifty2.gif

It's quite eerie how xiao ~ Osaka ~ Hisoka ~ and Hosaka sound strikingly similar. Y'all can call me Xiaosaka from here onwards cause I .....

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 829 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Hit 'em with the Force like Obi ~ awesome.gif
Posted: Apr 20 2017, 09:50 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

LOL what she says is totally true.

BTW Xiao, did you just post a pic of Kanye west just now? laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 20 2017, 10:27 PM

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 04:55 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (xiao @ 7 hours, 25 minutes ago)
It's quite eerie how xiao ~ Osaka ~ Hisoka ~ and Hosaka sound strikingly similar. Y'all can call me Xiaosaka from here onwards cause I ..... Hit 'em with the Force like Obi ~ awesome.gif

user posted image
But, so am I... shifty2.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 08:02 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ 3 hours, 3 minutes ago)
You are the Okabe to my Rin ~ but am the Chris to your Tina ... shifty2.gif

~ Touché!but I am the Pokemon to your GO! and You are the Croc to my Hat ~ shifty2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 11:25 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 8:02 AM)
~ Touché!but I am the Pokemon to your GO! and You are the Croc to my Hat ~ shifty2.gif

http://imgur.com/6AeQDbz.jpg

Or are you the....

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRZ9FRsnYyQ )

SPOILER

sorry, I'm drunk (again, I'm sorry, I really gotta do something about this). I'm probably saying something I shouldn't, and something that I'll probably regret in the morning.

However, xiao, I do NOT regret waking up in the morning on the floor in your improvised futon. It was one of the more comfortable mornings, and I will always treasure the memory (as long as that synapse remains intact, but with all this drinking, who knows how long that will last).

Also, this is probably more appropriate in the songs I'm currently listening to... except I'm not currently listening to this song... so...

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Apr 21 2017, 11:30 PM
MidnightViper88
Posted: Apr 23 2017, 07:25 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I'm getting all these parts in for my Epiphone Les Paul so I can build/modify it, and I'm already looking at Fender/Squire Jazz and Jaguar bass guitars.

I need to stop this shit. Can't I be happy with my Kingston?
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 23 2017, 11:26 AM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ 4 hours, 0 minutes ago)
I'm getting all these parts in for my Epiphone Les Paul so I can build/modify it, and I'm already looking at Fender/Squire Jazz and Jaguar bass guitars.

I need to stop this shit. Can't I be happy with my Kingston?

On the contrary, it's not a matter of being happy with what you have, it's recognizing that you'll never be happy so it doesn't matter how much you upgrade.

shifty2.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Apr 23 2017, 05:07 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

There's no "upgrading" anything here; it's simply a matter of wanting more of something I don't particularly need. Especially out of function, when I already have a bass guitar that does what it needs to do for me, as a hobbyist without an actual band or musical career.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 23 2017, 11:03 PM

ShiMACHaze

Neat update on the whole I-can't-pull-SSR-Akane-Hino thing, but since DereSute is now promoting a new SSR, I was able to check the SSR list and confirm that yes, Akane Hino is now listed among the regulars. So the next time there's a scout ticket event, I can just straight-up buy her.

Yey. happy.gif
MidnightViper88
Posted: Apr 24 2017, 04:03 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Non-limited SSRs are what can be bought with the ticket so yeah, now that Akane has a non-limited SSR, she'll be avaliable the next ticket round.

I don't have any idols of particular interest that I'd care to spend money on this time, but next time for sure, thus gacha's Rina will be mine. grin2.gif
xiao
Posted: Apr 25 2017, 11:08 AM

moon bunny

So I was thinking... there was a chicklet that would mimic whatever it saw. It would get up in the morning and chase Mr. Dog, then bark & run, but the dog would look at it funny and shake its head. Then the chick would follow Mr. Cat, and it would meow and nyan, but the cat would laugh and also shake its head. Then the chick would see Mr. Bunny, and it would hop step jump, and the bunny would pity the chick and tell it to go home.

Finally as the chicklet was getting on the fringe of it's nest, ready to call it quits yet another day... it saw a beautiful soaring eagle flying in the sky. And it thought to itself~ maybe that's what I'm meant to do.

I think role-model is a very cliché word. But the world needs more eagles to remind us that we can fly~ user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1020 x 409. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

🐣 🦅
Shirogane
Posted: Apr 25 2017, 06:36 PM

SCREEEEEEECHING INTENSIFIES

Member No.: 17,722

Note to self: Don't GIS things on wishlist for the birthday. I know my family meant well but gah, I did not mean to have this variant of the PS4. S-Sorry, mother. I know you mean well, though! OTL

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 2448. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
umustwait101
Posted: Apr 25 2017, 09:34 PM

Osaka-kun

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 11:08 AM)
So I was thinking... there was a chicklet that would mimic whatever it saw. It would get up in the morning and chase Mr. Dog, then bark & run, but the dog would look at it funny and shake its head. Then the chick would follow Mr. Cat, and it would meow and nyan, but the cat would laugh and also shake its head. Then the chick would see Mr. Bunny, and it would hop step jump, and the bunny would pity the chick and tell it to go home.

Finally as the chicklet was getting on the fringe of it's nest, ready to call it quits yet another day... it saw a beautiful soaring eagle flying in the sky. And it thought to itself~ maybe that's what I'm meant to do.

I think role-model is a very cliché word. But the world needs more eagles to remind us that we can fly~ http://imgur.com/aOwV9LE.png

http://imgur.com/Cx7XjW5.jpg
🐣 🦅

Reminds me of this:

user posted image

Hard to tell what the cat is thinking, whether the cat is like "get me outta here", or "this feels nice".

Anyways, animals are strange and cute. Maybe they're confused and looking for patterns to model after.

user posted image

user posted image

So cute... shifty2.gif

447 Pages  « 370 371 372 373 374 »