Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing Boys Band - Crazy Night

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,719  ·  Replies: 0 
> Not So Good INITIAL D Scale Models, J*D*T*Y* version of the cars...
Panda_86
  Posted: Oct 16 2007, 10:40 PM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,036

I just want to express my sadness and sympathy to those who may agree with me... about the Initial D Scale Model Car Collection from J*D*T*Y* (i guess you got this clue now, so lets just shorten its name as JT)...

There is one more brand of Initial D 1:24 Scale Models in AE86 and FD3S on the other hand... you take these out of the box, put them together side-by-side, and the scale size of 1:24 is indeed correct, it is in proportion to each other... you see that the AE86 is quite smaller than the FD... correct... take a look at the rims, the 86's rims are smaller than the FD's... correct..., take a look at their interiors, lots of details there huh? Proportionate steering, seats, dials, shifter... etc... they're good, correct... I'd like to commend this brand named: HOTWORKS...

Back to the sad news... the JT brands...
Take the cars out of the box, 1:24 models...
Put them together side-by-side... and then there it is...
The AE86 is slightly bigger than the FD3S, which is wrong!
The AE86 tires are too fat, with the rims comparatively small, technically... wrong...
Pay close attention to the wedge (the slope that resembles the very tip of the hood all the way to the bumper of the front end)... the height which is also wrong... it makes the car look so boxy. Take a look at the JT and HOTWORKS together, side-by-side... if both claims the scale of 1:24, how come JT's size is bigger... Just take a look at the windows of the JT version versus the HOTWORKS version, JT's windows suddenly became, which in its 1:1 counterpart is... wrong... these and lots more in the JT models are WRONG. HOTWORKS on the other hand can be compared to other models like Maisto, Bburago, Ebbro, and other high-end brands... JT might as well scale their version as 1:22 or something...

JT is careless with regards to their scaling.... i even e-mailed them for these mistakes... but they keep responding with auto-generated replies... JT makes good models in terms of presentation, as an overall package, its just middle to satisfactory... Details and technicalities, they have to pay close attention to that...

I guess the only way to appreciate JT's models is to put JT models to JT models only side by side and none of the other brands...

Thanks for reading and sharing my sentiments... sad.gif

This post has been edited by Panda_86 on Oct 16 2007, 10:59 PM