Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mega NRG Man - Back On The Rocks

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

32 Pages  « 28 29 30 31 32  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 179,764  ·  Replies: 776 
> Show off your Gundam Picture here!, u can share your gundam modeling photo with us here ^^
OkamiWind
Posted: Aug 9 2014, 05:16 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,468

After spending some time with this...I finally managed to get Turn A and a cheap butt M1 Astray complete, viola!

user posted image

Now I wait...geez the Turn A took a lot of time...oh well.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Aug 9 2014, 05:35 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Check that shield--the white and red parts fit together much more flush than what's in your picture. Also check the ankle joints because even with the legs that far apart you should be able to have him stand flat-footed as he's a newer HG. I can't tell anything else because the photo is so tiny.

Welp, time to get back to building my own in-progress kit. Work on him was stalled for a bit because the spring on my second pair of nippers broke (it happens after a few years with those green-handled nippers in the basic tool set no matter what because metal fatigue is unavoidable), but now I've got a new pair of nippers from the local hobby shop that uses a different style of tension spring that should last an order of magnitude longer. cool.gif Can't wait to have this beast done and posed up!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 11 2014, 10:25 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I know I shouldn't be posting this, but I neglected my real life duties and built gunpla. Don't judge me! I started on the Real Grade Skygrasper about a month and a half ago but never had time to finish it so I did the rest of it yesterday and this morning instead of writing my essays. Oh the things I go for gundam... derp.gif

I don't have a ton of in-progress shots, but its the Skygrasper with Sword and Launcher pack. Its really neat and there's a ton of little gimmicks. And a lot of decals, A LOT OF DECALS. TOO MANY DECALS. Anyway, let's get started:

So this is what it looked like after 3 hours of building after I started a month and a half ago. I got the front and one of the wings done. I would have done more, but while I was trimming one of the white parts for the side of the wing, I cut myself with the razor I was using. I was bleeding profusely from my index finger so I had to stop.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 675 x 900. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Month and a half later I get on it again and I finish the rest of the Skygrasper and the Sword. I'm kinda bummed out that the sword isn't bigger. But then again, its 1/144 so I might be skewed since I mostly work on 1/100.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 675. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 675 x 900. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 900 x 675. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

Then I finished the rest of the sword pack and put it on the Skygrasper! It looks nice, but I think I'd rather have it on the Strike Gundam. But I haven't started building it yet so... Yeah... It is going to be a while.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And then I finished the launcher pack but I was too lazy to put it on the Skygrasper. Instead I put it on the display shoulder that came with the kit.
user posted image

Since this is my first Real Grade I knew that there were going to be a lot of small pieces but the amount of small pieces is insane! There were a few times I cut something out of the runner and it would fly away into nothingness. I had to turn my room upside down to find it and it sucked. I refuse to use the foil stickers that come with the kit because I remember reading somewhere that they don't like sticking to pieces that move or have curves. I painted them instead, but you don't really see them since they're in the details. Maybe I'll take pictures of it later. But yeah, I'm going to put the decals on later when I find the time... Much later... ugh...
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Aug 22 2014, 10:57 PM

Cock Blockula

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,803

Whatever happened to that RG Strike that I got you? Are you gonna post pictures of those? bounce.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 22 2014, 11:49 PM

Patient Zero

Oh you bet I'll post more pictures! In fact I'll spam everyone with them! And I just finished panel lining and putting the decals on Strike! So here are my thoughts on my first Real Grade kit.

Its a lot of really small decals.
user posted image

I don't have a ton of pictures of everything decked out in stickers but if you guys want I'll take more pictures to share! Also, you'll notice that some of these pictures have the decals on them, some of them don't that's because I build everything first, did a little posing, then went back to put the decals on before doing even more posing. Yeah, weird I know. But I was playing around with the many possible poses of the kit. There are so many! I could probably dedicate a whole album to this mobile suit alone, but everyone would hate me if I did that so I'll forgo putting anyone through that pain. tongue.gif

So about the inner frame that comes on these bad boys, its simply amazing. There are so many little moving parts on the kit its almost unnecessary. The kit is super flexible and well constructed but the only caveat is that after a while, the joints do wear out. He's becoming a drag to pose because of the sagging issue. I read somewhere that you can pop the joints off and paint on a coat of nail polish to fix the problem since those just add a thin coat the to part. I'll try that when I get my hands on some and let you guys know.
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The neat thing is that these Real Grades come with hands that are super articulated! They have the standard trigger, three fingers, and a thumb. BUT! They bend in two places on the finger, its great but they get worn really fast. On this kit, they don't even grip things anymore. It kinda sucks, so I've switched over to the fixed hands that come with the Skygrasper.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

There are a ton of moving pieces in the armor like in MGs and it works very well in this scale. I also like the fact that there are three different shades of white and two shades of red on the kit. It really breaks up the monotony and makes things very complex looking. The decals are also spot on, there are a couple of them that aren't so good (ie the ones that came with the metallic stickers, those are crap) but overall they accent the kit and make it look like a really small version of the MG. I really appreciate these little details having seen the new MG (Aile Strike Ver RM) and I think it really makes the whole thing pop! I'm tempted to get Fragger's Strike to compare and contrast.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

The Aile pack is something to be marveled at. Its a wonderful result of engineering and imagination. I love the way the thrusters actually show up on the final product and its tough for my camera to catch it, but you can see that I painted the parts where the crap metallic stickers were supposed to go. Just for future reference, I didn't use ANY of the metallic stickers on this kit, whenever there was a foil sticker I just hand painted it.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Anyway the finished product is absolutely phenomenal! I love the way it turned out and I love the compact size of it all. Everything seems to be in proportion and super detailed. I know they have a HG of Perfect Strike, but I'm sure it is no where close to how perfect this is! Overall I'm really happy with the result and I was very satisfied with the process.
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

I definitely need a better camera if I want to take better pictures, but I think from this mess of photos you can glean some useful information. Are Real Grades cool? Yes! Are they small? Absolutely! Are they fun to build? Well that depends on your definition of fun. If you wanted something fast and easy to do then I suggest that you skip over this because it is neither. There are tons of small pieces and even more small decals. This type of stuff really isn't for the faint of heart. You guys have seen from these pictures alone how messy my room is, now imagine dropping a small piece and trying to find it. Its nearly impossible. I really suggest cutting and working with these pieces over the box or a place where it would be easy to spot something in case you were to drop a piece. Does it take a lot of work to look good? Yes, but doesn't any kit take a while to look good? Put in the effort into any gunpla and it will shine! That's my motto at least, and it hasn't failed me yet!

I hope you enjoyed this mishmash of pictures and my scatterbrained thoughts on the Real Grade line. Next up I guess I'll pick up a RG Destiny and throw the HG Wings of Light on them. whistling.gif
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Aug 22 2014, 11:56 PM

Cock Blockula

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 7 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
I hope you enjoyed this mishmash of pictures and my scatterbrained thoughts on the Real Grade line. Next up I guess I'll have Dex buy me a RG Destiny and throw the HG Wings of Light on them. whistling.gif

Fixed. Also I'm trying to get my hands on a Nobell so that I can mishmash it with said HG Destiny for various reasons. Ask Nomake about that. whistling.gif

Actually wait, when are you getting around to building Nobell and all the other HG G Gundams you have? derp.gif

This post has been edited by Pikachu_Fragger on Aug 22 2014, 11:57 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Aug 23 2014, 12:03 AM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Pikachu_Fragger @ 6 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
Fixed. Also I'm trying to get my hands on a Nobell so that I can mishmash it with said HG Destiny for various reasons. Ask Nomake about that. whistling.gif

Actually wait, when are you getting around to building Nobell and all the other HG G Gundams you have? derp.gif

How about I don't ask. I don't want to know. tongue.gif

Fine b-b-baka! You can have my Nobell kit since I haven't started building it yet. In return you'll have to give me the Wings of Light that the HG Destiny comes with and a couple of gundam stands because this Strike isn't going to pose itself on the ground anymore. The joints in the legs are so loose that they kinda just flop everywhere.

EDIT: I'm trying to plan a day where I can get Varcion to visit me in Riverside so we can build and stuff for a day then make curry for dinner. I'm planning on doing one of the three G Gundam kits then. Probably God Gundam first so when I build Nobell she has a partner to go with. I actually can't wait to finish those two because. Awwwwwwwww! °////////°

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Aug 23 2014, 01:18 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 15 2014, 02:54 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Enough of these two lovebirds flirting in my Gundam thread. The Gundam thread is not for flirting, it is for nerds to be nerdy and bask in their forever-alone status! So it's time we went ahead and did that. Latest Gunpla to actually be finished, and sadly the last one I'll be working on for quite a while... but here we go!

Last post I mentioned that I'd be building the 'brother' of one of my older kits, and that's exactly what I've got here today. MG Turn A was absolutely impressive for its time being one of the first Gunpla to be built entirely without polycaps. It was sturdy, absurdly poseable and ridiculously detailed. Even today despite how old that kit is it can still stand toe-to-toe with its more modern counterparts. I had a ton of fun building it, so of course when they announced another kit from the same series I absolutely had to have it. So here it is, finally... MG Turn X!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

First off, the box is huge and there are a ton of parts. It's just a much bigger, more complex kit compared to Turn A. Whereas Turn A fit into the same box as the MG Wing kits, Turn X is closer to being the size of MG Nu VerKa. Much of that is due to the various large parts, such as the massive backpack and that it comes with its own stand for special poses. Laying out the runners wasn't too bad, but it was clear that this kit would be interesting. Let's begin!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The chest section. Very cool decal behind a smoke-grey clear part. The first thing I noticed was that this kit is entirely asymmetrical. It's kind of disturbing but then again this is the Turn X so I suppose that's intentional. I dunno, I'm not Syd Mead. You can also see the very unique arm attachment points, which are so that they can easily be detached yet stay securely attached when needed. Neat engineering.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

The single worst piece of the whole kit. Firstly, my trick to get eyes on perfectly didn't work, so I'm sure they're off by a millimeter or so. After trying and trying and trying I finally just got them on close enough and said 'fuck it'. It's also a very small yet complex component so getting the parts together can be somewhat terrifying. Out of the whole build, the head was probably my least favorite part. It also gets minus points for not correcting recreating the correct cockpit open sequence. In the Anime the 'chin' slides out, but on the kit only the top of the head opens.

user posted image

The head attached to the main body. It's supposed to be asymmetrical! Also another thing that bothered me which I only just realized is that while they give you an 'eyes on' decal and 'eyes off' decal they don't give you an 'eyes engaging' decal. Again, in the original series the Turn X has a really creative startup sequence where the same 'stained glass' pattern from the chest flashes across his visor before engaging. Another feature they didn't include in the kit. Minus points! Stupid Turn X Top, I hate you!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Ah, but the arms though...those are a work of art. Multiple parts that can detach and work independently, plus that awesome claw bit mechanic. This was actually a lot of fun to put together. I had no idea how 'big' the shoulders were until I built it, but man...it's impressive.

user posted image

Both arms completed. The left arm isn't quite as unique as it's the 'normal' arm used for holding weapons and such, but it's still got its own unique flair. Sadly my nippers gave out partway through trimming the parts for the left arm, so while I was able to complete the arm I couldn't progress much further with broken nippers. So I went to the local hobby shop and picked up another pair...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

...Which I used to put together the right leg, and hated. The nippers I got were just awful! They look substantial and useful, heck they look similar to what Sensation! has. But they were just godawful. Great for getting parts off of the tree, absolutely horrid for trimming anything. I suppose if I were sanding everything down that would be fine, but I'm used to using Tamiya nippers to trim off nubs. These just plain couldn't cut the mustard, so while I made them work, it took way too long. I stopped building for a while and ordered another set of Tamiya nippers.

user posted image
With Tamiyas in hand, I finally got the other leg done and the main body was complete! While getting the waist together was a major pain (only because of the leg connectors not wanting to be pushed in straight--I bruised the back of my ring finger trying) there were no other major issues. I did end up penning in the 'scars' on the left knee however as the included decals are piss-poor (they don't extend far enough, leaving part of the scar plain green). Anyone who's building Turn X will want to do the same. Seriously, don't even bother with the knee decals, they're garbage.

user posted image
And with the backpack and weapons assembled, complete! The only remaining issues were with the bazooka and the right arm beam effect part. The back of the bazooka really didn't want to go on--though I checked visually and against the manual several times--and when it finally did snap home I noticed a pretty glaring stress mark in the plastic. Since I'm going to have the bazooka stored in the backpack it's not a big deal, but it does make me curious. The beam effect part was actually bent and I hear it's a common issue. It can be fixed by heating up the plastic with hot water and then flexing it back into shape before letting it cool.

I didn't put the stand together since I don't plan on having it up on a stand until Bandai finally gets off their asses and announces Moonlight Butterfly effect parts. It's been months and months and months and we haven't had an announcement, which is annoying... but hey! The blurays for Turn A Gundam are coming out in two weeks, so maybe then? I dunno, we'll see. If I can get those effect parts, I'll totally pose Turn A and Turn X parrying one another with the wings out. It's probably my favorite pose. SEE:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 560. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Until next time, friends!
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 15 2014, 12:35 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Enough of these two lovebirds flirting in my Gundam thread. The Gundam thread is not for flirting, it is for nerds to be nerdy and bask in their forever-alone status! So it's time we went ahead and did that. Latest Gunpla to actually be finished, and sadly the last one I'll be working on for quite a while... but here we go!

Nerds are only forever alone if they are obnoxious about it. Fortunately I have a wonderful boyfriend who is probably way too invested in this hobby. tongue.gif

Fragger and I finally got around to building God and Nobell Gundam together as a date(???)/hang out/team building kinda thing. It took two separate days with me in charge of cutting out and quality checking while he was doing a majority of the painting and assembling. It was really fun and I enjoyed the build experience even though I wasn't the one who was directly putting it together. I guess I just find joy in seeing things come together. My thoughts on the kits? They are high grades, what more do you want out of them? While the stickers they come with aren't absolute crap, I made Fragger paint on the details since he needs mad practice with detailing. He did a great job on everything and I'm super proud of him. It was a fun build and they are both really easy to pose with. The last HG that I have on my shelf is Shining Gundam. That should be coming up soon, I just need to find space for all of them on my shelf now.

I thought the yellow in kit made God Gundam look tacky so we decided to make it gold. I really like the way it turned out especially in the core (which you can't see from my terribly small selection of pictures) There are also hideous holes in the red part of the wings which I tried to fill in and fix with a red gundam marker. You can't tell they're there right? I mean you know now since I told you about it but if I didn't tell you, would you still see them? derp.gif
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 760 x 570. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Nobell Gundam is surprisingly a very simple kit. There's almost nothing to it. The only reason I would see why someone would bother picking it up would be for customization/kit bashing or to recreate the scene with God Gundam as seen below. The decals that come with this kit are for sure crappy so Fragger did most of the painting on this kit. I'm particularly surprised by the white panel lining on the back behind the hair. It is such a small detail to miss but he was able to catch it and make it look great! The head unit also pops with some paint in the right sections. At least this kit comes with a stand (which is also seen below). I guess if you wanted to play with the beam ribbons you'd get this kit too... Those are pretty rad and I should get pictures of those up soon.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 760 x 570. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I always thought it was cute that there was a gundam couple even though they never got together in the series. These two hold a lot of sentimental value to me since its a couple that I built with MAH BOO Fragger. I'm going to stop myself from getting too mushy. SO YEAH!
user posted image

ARGH SO CUTE!
user posted image

Edit: MORE PICTURES!

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Sep 16 2014, 04:57 PM
Godot
Posted: Sep 24 2014, 10:41 AM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

Finally got around to building a few projects.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 26 2014, 05:55 PM

Patient Zero

There was this one shop that I remembered selling gundam models in Chinatown LA. I returned to that stop recently and cried a little because they had shelves and shelves of kits that looked so beautiful. crying2.gif

user posted image

And then I finally got a stand for my RG Perfect Strike. I'm still working on making a stand for the Skygrasper.

user posted image
Godot
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 05:21 PM

Aka FC3SSavannaIII

Member No.: 17,363

Oh that store. Yeah They have some pretty cool kits. I used to go there probably 8 years ago?
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 14 2014, 07:38 PM

Patient Zero

They still do have pretty cool kits! I don't know about the pricing but the selection is mind boggling. That is for sure.

Anyway I bought the Wooser Weiss set a few weeks ago because I'm stupid and I noticed that it comes with a Wooser petite figure. The only logical thing left to do?

user posted image

user posted image

It was the work of a celestial force to get 00 Raiser to stand up like that with almost everything attached to him. Dohohohoho, see what I did there? I'm silly. derp.gif
OkamiWind
Posted: Oct 15 2014, 07:53 PM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Mission...Complete.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3744 x 2106. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Finally got done with the MG Wing Zero I bought since my b-day. There was a lot of parts...but I guess I did alright. Not sure if it's my skills or not, but I can't make Wing Zero hold the rifle up, it ends up being dragged by gravity...eh oh well.

Oh and I did't like the red thingies on the head so I removed it.

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Oct 15 2014, 07:54 PM
PandaApex
Posted: Nov 14 2014, 08:07 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,092

Been lazy with posting here, but been gaining kits at a random pace. Also because I bought two of N1's MGs.

Just got MG Zeta 2.0 from N1 today, looking forward to it. GM Striker is a pretty cool kit, but the age shows. Blue Destiny 3 was actually a really cool build, but effectively it is the Blue Destiny 1 kit with a space type backpack and Gundam head (or a recolor of the BD-2) aside from some minor weaponry difference. Still building Powered GM Cardigan, got it on Thursday but slowly building through it.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2592 x 1944. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

For all those kits, I may eventually get to attempting to paint them or they just might sit in the "test fitted but not finished" pile @_@. Working on my Rinascita at the same time, going to try moving into air brushing instead of using Tamiya spray paint like I normally would.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2592 x 1944. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Admittedly, Rinascita was a really nice build, plus it has it's transformation gimmick without requiring part swaps (But then again, its a Wing suit. Not much folding or parts movement there).

And I am now curious if there are any GM type suits that use this head format that have a full visor and top sensor, and not just the visor bit like the Striker in blue. I actually really like how blue works with the default colors.
user posted image

This post has been edited by PandaApex on Nov 14 2014, 08:08 PM
Yosuke
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 08:24 PM

Manly News Host

Member No.: 32,046

Random showing off~

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Those who get whats up here get a cookie~
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 09:30 PM

Patient Zero

Its a Hi-Nu ver KA but you made it black instead of blue? Either way you did an awesome job with it! What are your feelings on the kit?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Yosuke
Posted: Nov 25 2014, 10:37 PM

Manly News Host

Member No.: 32,046

Yeah. More accurately it's Nu Colors wholesale (added bits of yellow and red where they mattered). But all in all, satisfied with the result. It does look messy in some spots (beginner. also went through about 4 cans of paint) when you examine it closely but those spots dont show up on a camera or at a passing glances.

I like this more than the Nu as far as stability goes, though the torso is a bit...stocky and this kit has a lot of Katoki's favorite "tiny peices that don't really do anything as a whole" circle things. Of course, I don't touch it since I don't want to lose any hard work due to an accident. lol.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Dec 2 2014, 10:44 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Member No.: 1,277

Finally got some display stands and took my RDs out of their boxes.

SPOILER

I really need to invest in a bigger bookcase, or a detolf case or something. Because I just ordered three more RDs (Virsago Chest Break, Gouf Custom and Nu Gundam) and I'm currently out of room on my shelves thanks to my other anime/video game figures.

This post has been edited by Phantom_R32 on Dec 2 2014, 10:51 AM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Dec 14 2014, 04:14 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

Finally feel like actually building Gunpla and stuff, so I got around to consolidating all the supplies I had in boxes/drawers/etc.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1440 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I think I might have just enough paint for these MG Zakus...and a couple other things. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by SgtXDNX on Dec 14 2014, 04:15 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 14 2014, 05:17 PM

Patient Zero

Ohhhhhhhhhh man, that box right now is so beautiful. So many paints and things I want. I see that you have the Tamiya weathering sets. How are those working out for you?
SgtXDNX
Posted: Dec 14 2014, 07:11 PM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

They're not bad, honestly. Considering I paid a couple bucks for each box, they do a pretty good job for little bits of detailing. biggrin.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 16 2014, 09:35 PM

Patient Zero

From my understanding they are a powder that you dry brush on right? Or am I thinking about something else? I would love to see some pictures of your results with them! We need more kit updates in this thread.

Speaking of kit updates, I just finished the final HG on my shelf, Shining Gundam! I used this kit as an excuse not to write my final paper, and it was a good distraction for a couple of hours. In the end I finished the paper like a boss then finished the kit.

I felt like it was a really solid build, everything made sense and the transformation gimmick is basic but it doesn't take away from the solidness of the kit. Of course you need to put in a lot of work to make it look remotely good, but I like the challenge. I also wanted to try out my new Tamiya X-12 Gold Leaf. I think the finish looks gorgeous! And I used a little bit of X-11 Chrome Silver where I saw fit and I really have to say that I am impressed! Oh also I got to practice detail painting on a Muv Luv BETA because I had it laying around in my paint box. I didn't have flesh so I improvised with some light brown I had and I think it turned out too dark! It looks really tan. sad.gif

At least I know my real touch markers are working though. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. happy.gif

user posted image

user posted image
Pikachu_Fragger
Posted: Dec 20 2014, 11:42 AM

Cock Blockula

You really should just work on your pa-
*sees the painted BETA*

Oh wow that's a really well painted Laser Class KILL IT WITH FIRE
OkamiWind
Posted: Dec 21 2014, 12:47 AM

Ravioli Ravioli
Group Icon

Been a while...but nevertheless I finally got another project, this time though...it's an RG.

Spoiled skeleton due to size. (I know I messed up some cutting...hope they aren't too bad...)

SPOILER

Anyone care to guess which RG this is? Why an RG though? Cause I'm training for the RG Wing Zero EW that's why, wanna perfect that beast.

WHY ISN'T IT OUT YET?!

This post has been edited by OkamiWind on Dec 21 2014, 12:54 AM

32 Pages  « 28 29 30 31 32