Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Sophie - Don't You (Forget About My Love)

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

• This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
• People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 4,776  ·  Replies: 18 
> versus takumi
lester7c
  Posted: Feb 2 2008, 04:54 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,932

i find it hard defeating Tak (Takumi). i got 7 engine upgrades and 3 electronic upgrades... i can catch him but cant hold the line.. btw im using a gdbf....
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 06:23 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

how many times did you beat story mode?
DamienWolf
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 07:12 PM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

QUOTE (207 @ Today at 10:23 AM)
how many times did you beat story mode?

Since he cant beat Takumi, I would guess....

...Never?

Anyway to beat Takumi, you should do 3 things properly.

1. Do not hit the walls (Admit it, you are still hitting them)
2. PC properly (Do you know what a "PC" is?)
3. Have a good lead on the 2nd section, then for sure he will overtake you on the 3rd but make a good, clean, fast 4th section and you can beat him.
xXNICKXx
Posted: Feb 2 2008, 08:19 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 26,091

ur point is?? play more TA's 1st then play takumi u at least need a 3'20 akina n 3'00 tsukuba for the 1st time if i'm correct n which map did u have difficulty in?? Tak (Takumi) appears in 2 maps
lester7c
  Posted: Feb 4 2008, 03:37 AM

IDW God Member

i hitting the walls yes.. i got 7-0-0-0-5 i'll try tomorrow... i can catch up at sector 2, but i loose speed at the straight b4 consec turns at sector 3....

This post has been edited by lester7c on Feb 4 2008, 03:45 AM
Cappuccino, 2 sugars
Posted: Feb 4 2008, 02:47 PM

Laugh Now, Laugh Later

Member No.: 28,161

remember takumi is not a real person so feel free to block him until your rear bumper falls off...i blocked yellow rx-7 guy (i cant spell his name) the entire race on tsukaba i mean from start to finish because i had an FD we were the same speed LOL! grin2.gif
lester7c
  Posted: Feb 5 2008, 02:44 AM

IDW God Member

that's what i did this morning before i read this thread.. i blocked him till the end... HOLD THE LINE!!! thanks anyway capp. that's the kindest and most effective answer i had...
even if i already done it
TougeSpirit
Posted: Mar 20 2008, 10:38 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 25,759

QUOTE (Cappuccino, 2 sugars @ Feb 4 2008, 02:47 PM)
remember takumi is not a real person so feel free to block him until your rear bumper falls off...i blocked yellow rx-7 guy (i cant spell his name) the entire race on tsukaba i mean from start to finish because i had an FD we were the same speed LOL! grin2.gif

Lol, i did that too so many times. One time, i misshifted early so I was only in 4th gear for half of tsukuba but it was alright since i just blocked him up until I got up to speed and went flat out in 5th
Syn3rgetic
Posted: Mar 23 2008, 07:26 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 28,764

take the right lines, i cant stress that enough, for newbies its such an easy task to take the right lines. it doesnt require anymore skill than not doing it so why not do it and shave precious seconds off your record.
isaacbloodsworth
Posted: May 13 2008, 07:59 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 29,528

if you said versus takumi at akina....then i cannot help you coz i lose alots of time too

but if you said takumi in tsukuba, he is crap easy....

BTW, did your car's every systems are balance? coz if only lvl7 engine is not enough, you also need the same lvl brake, suspension etc....

you know, i beat takumi in tsukuba with my FC

my FC details:
- lvl4 engine
- lvl4 brake
- lvl5 suspension

and the rest i just random up
clown321
Posted: May 14 2008, 04:50 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 29,433

if i still remember correctly, i blocked his car at the 4th section cause my car is the same as his, and akina is one of my worst map ever -.-
TigerZai
Posted: Jun 23 2008, 08:02 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 29,780

hmm... i cant beat Takumi at Akina since my story mode level 7 with my FT ae86 T_T
everytime when he cut me at 5 hairpin then im lost...
can someone teach me how to pass the 5 hairpin ???
Hokage
Posted: Nov 11 2008, 07:32 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,009

Can i ask if anyone PC before making the turns at Akina DH? Cause i do, and i always lost to Tak (Takumi). ><
oMUNKIEo
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 06:55 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,518

It's weird but I have a S180 and it's got stage 1 everything, but for shits I bought the gdbf and after 2 tries and loses I learned a new technique with the gdbf and and third times a charm beat Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) with a stock gdbf.

-Kept the lead till the second section
-He passes me in his famous 5 hair pins
-Then on the very last right turn before the left into the finish I past him on the outside to cut him of inside.

My intial d friends and crowd jumped and shouted in excitment.

Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) OWNED!

This post has been edited by oMUNKIEo on Jan 5 2009, 06:55 PM
Ginji
Posted: Jan 5 2009, 07:13 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 31,192

well i recently beat Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) on akina. i have to say he really isan't all that great then what i thought before i raced him. for me i always have the lead in the beginning, the turns in akina are easy to make. for a 5th gear car. u can go throught the whole thing in 5 and sometimes 4th. u go to 4 gear grab the lower part of the wheel and turn PC then shift back to 5th when u make turns. The 5 hairpins can be tackled by being in 4th gear PC and turn hard but not to hard to hit the Apex.

someone please tell me if what i said. is horrible way to beat anyone in akina.

This is just how i beat everyone in akina.

*PS* there is only one part in where Tak (Takumi) (Takumi) (Takumi) almost Sortav passed me. Look at the map.

****Sorry**** forget i said i use a celica. i thought this was a initial d 3 thing. haha. anyways. see if what i said works.

user posted image

This post has been edited by Ginji on Jan 5 2009, 07:23 PM
DROMOS
Posted: Jan 10 2009, 06:19 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 29,359

Unfortunately, most (if not all) of our IDAS4 machines here are 1.5, no PCing for me sad.gif

I'd like to ask about those fantastic sub-3 minute videos on YouTube, it's like the white lines on the sides of the road are dancing around instead of the car moving blink.gif

My headache right now is getting the cornering right while hitting the proper exit speeds. My times on the DH dry so far are 3' 17" on a standard cab, and 3' 13" on a cab with a "lighter" steering wheel.

Do you faster guys practise the cornering first till it becomes automatic, then shoot for the exit speeds? Or do you practise hitting the speeds first, then the cornering? Or both at the same time? Coz' it can be quite confusing looking at the hairpin while cornering then trying to sneak a peek at the speedometer at the same time tongue.gif
levin
Posted: Jan 12 2009, 05:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 31,536

kinda new to this game but my time for Akina now is 3'10" wif Stock 85.. well play a lot more.. remember brake at brake points.. if u experience oversteer.. not enough brakes.. if u understeer.. u have brake too late (missed brake points).. accel half way out of the corner..

then brake less and less as confident builds.. then u would be fine.. 85 tuning now 4-0-0-0-0

keep into the line.. and u would do just nice..

This post has been edited by levin on Jan 12 2009, 05:40 PM
DROMOS
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 04:58 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 29,359

So far I've been able to cut down my time to 3' 12" on the standard cab, thanks to some Iro-style wallramming on the first of the consecs.

I think I've only gotten 80 to 90% of the corners cleanly . . . the focus needed is like when you're doing exams!

Anyways thanks a lot cool.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Jan 17 2009, 10:43 PM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

Since you can catch up to him, you 'should' be able to pass him on the first straight you enter. An exit speed of 120+ is sufficient to overtake him there, given you're on his tail by about 40m +/-

It's IMPERATIVE you're in front of him during the Consecs. By doing that you block him from getting in front of you, and he pushes you through. Even if you get passed, his advantage at the consecs will have been cut by SO much, it'll be easy to take him later.

Y'know...as long as you don't mess up later on.