Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Go 2 - Looka Bomba

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

113 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 213,672  ·  Replies: 2,806 
> The "What should i buy" thread, Because choosing yourself can be hard.
zerocool_designs
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 05:29 PM

O-H-I-O

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,746

QUOTE (Turbocharged killa @ Today at 4:50 PM)
buy a 1000 dolor civic
get a h22a 3000
other exterior stuff 3000
and instialation 3k there u go

H22 civics make for shitty daily drivers (from what I've been told)... stick with a B-series, and if you got the resources, K-series
Maverick
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 06:28 PM

The Quick and The Pointless

Member No.: 2,470

QUOTE (sidewaysgts @ Today at 8:19 PM)

btw; MERGED to the WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I BUY thread.

Seriously, rename this thread that.

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Today at 7:06 PM)

LOL he said ford sucks but he likes Mazda. Do you hate milk but like icecream too? Man, where do they find these guys...

the internet. DUR.

This post has been edited by Maverick on Sep 19 2005, 06:29 PM
Sasuke.Uchiha
Posted: Sep 19 2005, 11:17 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,146

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Today at 5:06 PM)
LOL he said ford sucks but he likes Mazda. Do you hate milk but like icecream too? Man, where do they find these guys...

I do hate milk and like icecream and whats wrong with disliking ford and liking mazda? I liked my 97 t-bird when I got a new paint job and body kit...... for like a month than I needed a new transmission and needed the A/C fixed which the A/C was shitty to start with before it broke and than a new intake manifold which ford is currently in court for to see if that will get recalled and that my friend is why I think ford is a royale pain in my ass.
Now I am not saying a mazda rx-7 3rd gen is gonna be the best reliable engine in the world but that has nothing to do with why I want it.
and if im not mistaken I just asked for a few nice sports cars that I can go look at with my dad when we go shoping....... god damn now I know why I rarely post on this forum....
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 09:51 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Might be the whole Ford owns Mazda thing... Ford literally owns the Mazda Car Company... ><
Maverick
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 10:10 AM

QUOTE (Sasuke.Uchiha @ Today at 2:17 AM)
I do hate milk and like icecream and whats wrong with disliking ford and liking mazda? I liked my 97 t-bird when I got a new paint job and body kit...... for like a month than I needed a new transmission and needed the A/C fixed which the A/C was shitty to start with before it broke and than a new intake manifold which ford is currently in court for to see if that will get recalled and that my friend is why I think ford is a royale pain in my ass.

Oh no recalls. crying2.gif

god damn now I know why I rarely post on this forum....

good.
flohtingPoint
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 10:15 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 1,944

QUOTE (BOZZY @ Today at 9:51 AM)
Might be the whole Ford owns Mazda thing... Ford literally owns the Mazda Car Company... ><

Tell them what they've won Bob!!!
BOZZ
Posted: Sep 20 2005, 11:36 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (flohtingPoint @ Today at 1:15 PM)
Tell them what they've won Bob!!!

A whole lot of nothing tongue.gif
sabishii
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 08:42 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 6,362

What would be the best year/trim Miata to get if I want the sportiest handling (among the years/trims) and cheapest upgrading for power (enough power to hit about 15.0 in the 1/4, for *example*)?
Maverick
Posted: Oct 2 2005, 10:27 PM

QUOTE (sabishii @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM)
What would be the best year/trim Miata to get if I want the sportiest handling (among the years/trims) and cheapest upgrading for power (enough power to hit about 15.0 in the 1/4, for *example*)?

i dont know about miatas, but you could get a 1st gen for dirt cheap practically.

Im a tall guy and would just feel ridiculous driving one though.
Godigy
Posted: Oct 8 2005, 07:43 PM

GO KICKY FAST!!!

Member No.: 2,597

91 model is the lighest model of them all. But if anything, any model is a good model, which I suggest is the sport "R" trim that comes with an LSD, Bilstein Suspension and such. I prefer the 01 model but rite now Im stuck with 96 model which is ok but rite now, i have the need. THE NEED FOR SPEED!!! cap.gif
sabishii
Posted: Oct 8 2005, 11:09 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 6,362

Thanks. I'm just curious for now as the car I have now I got fairly recently. But the engine of the MSP isn't built for turboing so I can't add much power unless I build internals, and the suspension is already pretty damn good, so I would need a lot of $$$ for either power OR handling. Plus the fact that it's FWD... So I'm anticipating the day I get a Miata or some car comparable. Not that I don't love my Protege. =)
M3D1C
Posted: Oct 19 2005, 05:04 PM

Minister Of Health

Member No.: 2,578

ok, i think this is the place to ask, i was wondering what would be a good first car (daily driver, work, school, arcade, everwhere in between) i have a few choices that i would like to have. So i am just asking which is better costwise and reliability wise i guess..

From An early

Rx-7

300zx

and 240sx

basically price range like 0-4500'ish give or take a few hundred

is what im looking at as of right now, any suggestions on other cars or cars i have listed will be kindly welcomed.. thanks

my computer is broken as of a few weeks ago, im at the school computer, i wont read what/if any person has wrote until next wednesday when i have computer again, thanks again.

This post has been edited by M3D1C on Oct 19 2005, 05:08 PM
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Oct 19 2005, 06:22 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

If its just a daily driver/beater then I wouldnt bother with any of those vehicles. Just get a cheap car with good AC/stereo and is reliable, easy to drive in bad weather conditions and cheap to insure.
Otherwise:
QUOTE (Nick)
2)What are your interests and plans? Do you want to start autox'ing? drag racing? drifting? Or do you just want to buy an overrated car for too much money becuase of a cartoon?

M3D1C
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 08:27 AM

Minister Of Health

Member No.: 2,578

well, i want a car that looks cool, i don't want a cheap like civic or anything. I am sure any car i get ill drop some mods in it. Also i want one that is different from what everyone around here has, but also still good.

This post has been edited by M3D1C on Oct 22 2005, 08:30 AM
gReAtWaLL4o8
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 10:34 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 6,090

98 eclipse gst or gsx look nice...and i dont see dat many on the streets
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 06:25 PM

I put the F U in FUN

You just want a good looking car for a daily driver.As far as looks are concerned Thats up to you since that is basicly just an opinion. I would recommend avoiding a turbo car or something that will only hinder its practicality as a dairly driver(insurence, gas milage, duribilitiy/reliability and most turbo cars have had the hell beaten out of them from previous owners).
A 2g eclipse RS/GS are nice looking IMO(I have NO complains about my RS as a daily driver!) 3000GT's are really cool looking too, not sure what kind of gas milage they get... or how reliable the base models are. Perhaps an Acura Integra coupe or honda prelude? Those can be nice looking as well.
EA99
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 08:41 PM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

omg my mum sed i can go learn to drive yeah! but now i need a car for end of year to work 2wards!! like im looking around the 4-6k range! do you guys have any like ideas? cos im stumped! i mean i seriously want a toyota for a 1st car but this may not be wise so yeah help please? sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 08:49 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Celica, Supra, MR2... you can find older generations easily in that price range.

If it were me, I'd go with a 5th Gen. Celica, but they are the weakest of the Celica breed, so...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
EA99
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 08:55 PM

woo happyface

hmm well the JAZ70 and JAZ80 are both out of the price range a lot! the SW20 obviously is out of the price range too! not too keen on the AW11 either!! but i was thinking maybe a AE86 tongue.gif o damn yes initial D fanboys tongue.gif but a celica? hmmm an ST185 reaches how much nowadays?
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 08:57 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Sounds like you just need a beater. Just find the nicest car you can find in that price range... I dont have anything bad to say about the celica's. Sporty, cheap to run and cheap to insure. So I guess thats my vote.. Unless you want something bigger and less cramped then I would say a Camry or corolla? *shrugs

edit: Okay I guess your looking for a sporty car... Then I will say Say a sport model Celica... that would be a good buy IMO
I also highly recommend sportier honda's such as the civic si's.

Since its your first car I would say avoid any idea's of a 'project' car. Get something to learn to drive on now and work on the basics before worring about the limitations of the car. Giving a sports car to someone who is learning to drive is like giving me the macromedia fireworks software program. Sure its cool to say I have it but I'm not able to use it for what its worth and I am just as well off with MS paint(this is a true story btw). No need to worry about reliability, gas money, insurence, getting your self overly caught up in a sitsuation your unable to correct(thinks of the 16year old kid with the viper... wrapped around a tree...).

This post has been edited by But she looked 18 officer on Nov 8 2005, 09:06 PM
APX
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 08:58 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Go with the good ol Datsun 510!
EA99
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 09:10 PM

woo happyface

QUOTE (But she looked 18 officer @ Today at 8:54 PM)
Sounds like you just need a beater. Just find the nicest car you can find in that price range... I dont have anything bad to say about the celica's. Sporty, cheap to run and cheap to insure. So I guess thats my vote.. Unless you want something bigger and less cramped then I would say a Camry or corolla? *shrugs

edit: Okay I guess your looking for a sporty car... Then I will say Say a sport model Celica... that would be a good buy IMO
I also highly recommend sportier honda's such as the civic si's.

Since its your first car I would say avoid any idea's of a 'project' car. Get something to learn to drive on now and work on the basics before worring about the limitations of the car. Giving a sports car to someone who is learning to drive is like giving me the macromedia fireworks software program. Sure its cool to say I have it but I'm not able to use it for what its worth and I am just as well off with MS paint(this is a true story btw). No need to worry about reliability, gas money, insurence, getting your self overly caught up in a sitsuation your unable to correct(thinks of the 16year old kid with the viper... wrapped around a tree...).

aww damn did i forget to mention im in australia >< well thanks for the tips anyway so:
1. shytbanger
2. low fuel
3. cheap as crap
4. insurance doesnt cost an arm and leg

a car liddat should be good for a first eh? w00t2.gif
supra rz
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 09:13 PM

Drive....Drift....Dream

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,362

get a 200sx
EA99
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 09:16 PM

woo happyface

if u can find me a S14 or S15 for 6k AUS ill give u a cookie w00t2.gif
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 09:18 PM

I put the F U in FUN

200sx as in the turbo 2.0L or...?(they made so many different 200sx's..) IF it is then I wouldnt recommend it for insurence and gas milage issues. and I'm sure if flohtingpoint was here he could give you a 10page essay about the engine being very capable of being a major pain in the ass... but then again he whines allot. tongue.gif

I'm thinking HONDA is what your looking for. Super cheap, super reliable, great on gas and in their sportier packages they can be a hoot to drive too if thats a concern. So yeah, I say find the nicest 4cyl. honda you can find.

*also its hard to say becuase I'm not sure what all cars are imported/produces in Australia...

This post has been edited by But she looked 18 officer on Nov 8 2005, 09:19 PM

113 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »