Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing B-East - Super Eurobeat Presents Non Stop Re-Mix [Project.D Ver.]

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

29 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 251,281  ·  Replies: 724 
> Questions and Answers, From trivial to complex questions
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 11:12 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

i do beleive both god hand and foot are quite skilled. seems more like they only know 1 course so they are unaware of different approaches that are acquired when others race in various locations.

i hav a fd question. i know that kyoko uses re amemiya rims. the fd type r b tune in id3 has bronze re amemiya, why did they make them bronze when theyre supposed to be silver?

This post has been edited by 207 on Apr 19 2007, 03:14 PM
BOZZ Savage
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 07:39 PM

ペンタックス

Member No.: 15,047

Maybe it was just a mistake?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 02:56 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

I would say it's the same discrepancy that they have for the rims of the Sileighty. The manga, Anime and therefore games have differing opinions of how the rims look on a few cars.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
mark4000
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 05:16 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 18,584

You are also right about the Purple Shadow guys. God Foot and God Hand seem to think that they're all incredibly skilled. They have the looks and sounds of n00bs, but my guess is they could beat many of the Initial D regulars. So why would they say that you can't pass in the corners? Maybe because anyone in their right mind would take the inside line on each corner. If the inside line is blocked, the chances of the person behind getting up to passing speed from the outside are pretty slim. On the other hand, there are plenty of tricks (read: gutters and patches of land on inside of turns) in Tsukuba to allow the chaser to access a second inside line.

Perhaps they didn't know about those maneuvers?

That's seems like a good reason. Afterall, they may be highly skilled but they're probably also as orthodoxed as Todou School and also still not in the level of a professional like Tomo so the amount of their knowledge in attacking probabilities is probably not that high or varied yet. And you're probably right about them not being aware of the course specialties since I always see them freak out everytime someone uses the shortcuts or gutters.
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 07:15 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i just noticed another discrepancy in the anime, the supercharged levin vs FD it shows a turbo gauge when it isnt turbocharged, did they get lazy and reuse the scenes?
Tessou
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 07:25 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Um... because it's a boost gauge, and it can be used for either type of forced induction system. ermm2.gif

More Information

This post has been edited by Tessou on Apr 20 2007, 07:28 PM
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 07:45 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today at 11:25 PM)
Um... because it's a boost gauge, and it can be used for either type of forced induction system. ermm2.gif

More Information

ah thats why, i dont know too much about that topic
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 20 2007, 08:33 PM

ShiMACHaze

Also, that's a question that's been asked before, in the thread for that group of episodes as I recall. Or was it the "Anime Mistakes" thread? One of the two. Someone asked a loooong time ago.
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 06:51 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

do any of you people notice Mogi talks alot in the 3rd person? it seems like it to me. she says natsuki alot but the subs say differently, wats up with that?
pnoytecknix
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 07:10 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,159

^i thought i was the only one...

is that what shes really sayin? or am i just hearing wrong...
mark4000
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 09:17 PM

IDW Goldmember

yup. she definitely speaks about herself from the third person POV. I dunno why though....>_>
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 10:21 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (207 @ Yesterday at 10:51 PM)
do any of you people notice Mogi talks alot in the 3rd person? it seems like it to me. she says natsuki alot but the subs say differently, wats up with that?

I think it's just her personality trait, and that's all there is to it.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 21 2007, 10:31 PM

ShiMACHaze

Yes. In the Japanese language, using one's own name is the same as saying "I" in English. There are many, many ways to say I, You, etc etc in Japanese. Using your own name is merely one of them, and is considered to be informal, even "cute" sometimes.
mark4000
Posted: Apr 22 2007, 04:18 AM

IDW Goldmember

even "cute" sometimes

'Moe' trait, maybe? biggrin.gif
Posted: Apr 22 2007, 08:11 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today at 2:31 AM)
Yes. In the Japanese language, using one's own name is the same as saying "I" in English. There are many, many ways to say I, You, etc etc in Japanese. Using your own name is merely one of them, and is considered to be informal, even "cute" sometimes.

interesting, i never knew that.
Rallyist
Posted: Apr 22 2007, 09:45 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 15,750

I have three question;

1-During first race between takumi and Keiuske why keiuske says;"İt's time attack".

2-During Bunta showed engine Tachibana,He says "Suzukiiiii motors!" This engine wasn't TRD development?

3-Why last episode Project d needs time trial run?

This post has been edited by Rallyist on Apr 23 2007, 09:48 AM
Meteor
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 01:24 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

@Rallyist:

1. It's a time attack because the battle will be timed.
2. Can't help you there.
3. So that they could leave a record there. They do it on every course they've won on. Why? Remember what Ryousuke said in Ep.1 of 1st Stage? About the "Fastest in Kanto" project. That's why.
mark4000
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 01:36 AM

IDW Goldmember

2-During Bunta showed engine Tachibana,He says "Suzukiiiii motors!" This engine wasn't TRD development?

definitely a translation error.
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 04:24 AM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Bad subs make me cringe.
Rallyist
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 09:47 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 15,750

I have a another question;during battle between Takumi and Keiuske Say;

"My FD slow today,secondary turbine still working?" before this scene showing Fd's turbine.Any info released about this?
Meteor
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 10:01 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

QUOTE (Rallyist)
I have a another question;during battle between Takumi and Keiuske Say;

"My FD slow today,secondary turbine still working?" before this scene showing Fd's turbine.Any info released about this?

On Mt.Akina, due to the many corners and relatively short straights, Keisuke wasn't able to use his turbo's power properly (remember, turbos aren't as responsive as N/As). Just when Keisuke would reach max boost on a straight, a corner would come up and force him to slow down (and in a turbo car, throttle lift-off=boost gone.), thus getting rid of the boost. As the FD would begin to build up boost on the next straight, the 86 would inch closer and closer.

In short, turbo lag strikes.

This post has been edited by Meteor on Apr 23 2007, 10:06 AM
BOZZ
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 10:41 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Rallyist @ Today at 1:45 AM)
I have three question;

1-During first race between takumi and Keiuske why keiuske says;"İt's time attack".

3-Why last episode Project d needs time trial run?

Although mark4000 did say it's a translation error, I also think it's a typo, since the shop they are installing the engine in is Suzuki something (the mechanic's name is Masashi Suzuki).
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 11:49 AM

ShiMACHaze

I can clear these up a little bit more...

As BOZZ said, the guy who got his hands on the engine was Bunta's friend, Masashi Suzuki. His shop is named Suzuki Motors. The engine is TRD, and the name "Suzuki Motors" has nothing to do with the Suzuki auto company.

The "secondary turbine" comment was hit right on the head by Meteor. Keisuke was very frustrated at his lack of power, and blamed it on his secondary turbo not spinning.
mark4000
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 09:38 PM

IDW Goldmember

The "secondary turbine" comment was hit right on the head by Meteor. Keisuke was very frustrated at his lack of power, and blamed it on his secondary turbo not spinning

If that's the case, did they upgrade Keisuke's Turbo for the Project.D expeditions?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 23 2007, 10:08 PM

ShiMACHaze

I honestly don't know. Considering his twin-turbo overtakes Kyoko's single-turbo in a corner, I'd say his turbine response has been upgraded. Smaller secondary turbo, perhaps? Increased response, decreased HP.

No clue what the new FD has under the hood though...

29 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »